PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Craig_HFC
07-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Micky Devlin did his crucuate in May 2017 and they signed him a 8 months afterwards on a pre-contract. If he'd done it 3 days ago, he wasn't passing any medical.

I highly doubt he’d have passed a stringent medical when he signed either considering I don’t think he played a single game last season because he was still recovering.

number9dream
07-08-2018, 09:17 AM
In terms of new recruits, there will be target areas of the team (left midfield if SJM goes) but it's also a case of who is available within our budget. Lenny is not as sentimental as us fans - as his reported interest in Emilio Izaguirre earlier this summer suggests. If we can get a player who's better than what we currently have, then get them in, regardless of how popular they are.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 09:19 AM
In terms of new recruits, there will be target areas of the team (left midfield if SJM goes) but it's also a case of who is available within our budget. Lenny is not as sentimental as us fans - as his reported interest in Emilio Izaguirre earlier this summer suggests. If we can get a player who's better than what we currently have, then get them in, regardless of how popular they are.

:agree: If an opportunity arises to improve the team in any position and we have the budget - go for it. :flag:

ISTR Sauzee and Latapy were opportunistic signings.

Col2
07-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Something doesn’t add up. If you look at usual social media frenzy at an impending transfer (even north of the border for a player going south) it’s remarkably quiet and virtually ALL the stories are based on The Sun article.

J-C
07-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Everyone still bitching about the squad . we're unbeaten , put 4 past a quality Greek side . Pumped Motherwell while resting a few players . The guys that everyone are saying are not good enough are going out and winning .. what more do they need to do :confused:

:agree:
This place really gets on my threepennies at times, people need to try and trust our management, they've done not a bad job so far. They'll have known about McGinn leaving as it was expected, we've added a proven Goalie, brought back our main strike force, added a class player in Mallan and beat Motherwell with a rookie CB and striker starting and folk are still moaning, jeez just chill.

We'll not be able to replace McGinn with a like for like, Slivka was brought in as his replacement and we'll see him getting far more game time now McGinn looks like being away. If we get Allan, then remember he also has his fitness issues due to his diabetes issues, hence why you see him getting subbed regularly, so another dynamic style midfielder is needed, we need width to cover for Boyle or even to play with Boyle to give us other options, that seems like being Agyepong, if he comes. We might add another striker but Lewis Allan has been on the bench a few times last season and has scored a few already for the Dev team in friendlies, so maybe no panic about buying a striker.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Something doesn’t add up. If you look at usual social media frenzy at an impending transfer (even north of the border for a player going south) it’s remarkably quiet and virtually ALL the stories are based on The Sun article.

aye. And Sky Sports usually have their finger on the pulse with all English Transfers, particularly the prem and championship and it's not been mentioned yet....

Bishop Hibee
07-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Our priorities are one midfielder and a forward, two midfielders if McGinn goes.

Souter96Mac
07-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Our priorities are one midfielder and a forward, two midfielders if McGinn goes.

If we can replace McGinn with Mulumbu, we'll have done alright there. Add Allan to the mix, if Celtic aren't holding any grudges, and another backup striker.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 09:41 AM
I highly doubt he’d have passed a stringent medical when he signed either considering I don’t think he played a single game last season because he was still recovering.

He'd have been able to run for a start. When Zlatan did his he was running in 4 months.

On top of that, he was a bosman so there wasn't a huge gamble. They also likely stuck a clause in to say his deal was subject to passing a full medical before he started pre-season.

Even so, the Devlin situation is not even remotely comparable to a guy who's rumoured to have torn his hamstring 3 days ago. If he has torn it, he's never doing a medical and he's not going to play for months

timewilltell
07-08-2018, 09:45 AM
McGinn undergoing medical at Villa. Fee agreed.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2018, 09:46 AM
vague update from Charles Paterson, sky sports news

nothing new just saying there are reports (as per The S*n) that villa have joined celtic/brighton in the race and we have a valuation of 4M

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2018, 09:46 AM

timewilltell indeed

Brightside
07-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Porteuos is a rock defensively and could have a great career. disagree he was incredible though, he looked like a lower league player any time the ball was at his feet. Add in efes efeness and I'd say we need to strengthen if we want to challenge for 2nd.

Eh? The lad has great feet.

Souter96Mac
07-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Hope this is sorted today, rather than dragging any further on. I'd like to imagine we have replacements waiting in the wings. But I think John should have the chance to come out at Half time at the Molde game tk give one final goodbye.

Heisenberg
07-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Paul Barnes tweet:

“Hibernian midfielder John McGinn is travelling to Birmingham to open talks with Aston Villa. Understand a deal between the clubs has not yet been agreed but player been given permission to look around and meet with Villa manager Steve Bruce. Potential move to Celtic not dead.“

CraigHibee
07-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Without going all Chuck Norris on here...

...Aston Villa don't give John McGinn a medical. John McGinn gives Aston Villa a medical...

😂 Love it

Smartie
07-08-2018, 10:01 AM
Eh? The lad has great feet.

He gave the ball away once or twice, which will be ammunition enough for some.

When I first saw his size and build I expected him to be a clogger - the boy has a great touch and some of his long passing is sublime (although admittedly he got one or two wrong on Sunday).

Ronniekirk
07-08-2018, 10:08 AM
He gave the ball away once or twice, which will be ammunition enough for some.

When I first saw his size and build I expected him to be a clogger - the boy has a great touch and some of his long passing is sublime (although admittedly he got one or two wrong on Sunday).

He needs more game time to improve but we can't Loan him out as he will be neededas Cover and to play when injuries or resting Daz who will struggle to play three games a week because of his injury history

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
07-08-2018, 10:13 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45095195

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45091192

snooky
07-08-2018, 10:13 AM
From Villa fans forum today ....

"one of the spurs forums has a thread should they buy grealish for mega bucks or take the cheaper option inMcGinn , theres a fair few spurs fans who would rather take McGinn"

Will Spurs come in and gazump everybody? That would be even better.
Let's us get our hands on some of that Bale money :greengrin

calumhibee1
07-08-2018, 10:16 AM

"one of the spurs forums has a thread should they buy grealish for mega bucks or take the cheaper option inMcGinn , theres a fair few spurs fans who would rather take McGinn"

That would be incredible but not going to happen. I would agree with them though, Grealish who seems to have an attitude problem or McGinn who’s got an exemplar attitude and I’d suggest is every bit as good a player.

Speedway
07-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Let’s bring Kamara and Caulker in for £850,000

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2018, 10:19 AM
As Inevitable as it is, i'll be gutted when John leaves. He's been through the whole rebirth of this great club and has been a monumental part of where we are today. For me me he sits at the very top along with the famous five, Stanton, Sauzee and Latapy. Wonderful player and model professional. He'll go on to have a great career and make us a lot of money with sell ons etc but i'll be so sad to see him go. Legend.

500miles
07-08-2018, 10:20 AM

Is that a wish or based on anything?

IWasThere2016
07-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Local knowledge??

Caversham Green
07-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Is that a wish or based on anything?

I was going to ask the same thing about your Tshibola comment a few pages back...

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 10:25 AM
They're discussing McGinn here

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17401-transfer-window-summer-2018/?page=135

500miles
07-08-2018, 10:26 AM
I was going to ask the same thing about your Tshibola comment a few pages back...
Nope, just wondered if a deal would suit both parties.

Caversham Green
07-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Nope, just wondered if a deal would suit both parties.

Based on his time at Reading I think he'd be a cracking signing.

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 10:29 AM
vague update from Charles Paterson, sky sports news

nothing new just saying there are reports (as per The S*n) that villa have joined celtic/brighton in the race and we have a valuation of 4M

He’s a vague sort of person!

snooky
07-08-2018, 10:30 AM
That would be incredible but not going to happen. I would agree with them though, Grealish who seems to have an attitude problem or McGinn who’s got an exemplar attitude and I’d suggest is every bit as good a player.

This link from Steve Reid's post above suggests Villa are trying to hold on to Jack Grealish. Could change things if they do.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2018, 10:32 AM

No way would we get both for that price.

Green_one
07-08-2018, 10:37 AM
This link from Steve Reid's post above suggests Villa are trying to hold on to Jack Grealish. Could change things if they do.

I think Villa are going through the motions with Grealish. If Spurs want him he has gone. The question is are Spurs buying or not. Think it is a chain that goes back to Man United.

My GUESS is that this makes sense for all parties but could fall through if something gets stuck. I think Man United will provide the cash for Alderweireld that gets it all moving. It is another obvious transfer saga that will shift eventually.

Hope that means a little more cash for us

The Leith Dutch
07-08-2018, 10:40 AM
That sounds good to me. I'd want a CB as well though.

Genuine question:
What level do you see that as?

If it's a starter which of Hanlon, Efe or McGregor do you drop (and presumably sell as none of them will be happy on the bench)?

I think we have 3 quality Centre Backs plus Porteous which is ideal at this point: Porteous is good enough to play but prepared to sit on the bench.
Waugh or playing a back four as emergency cover.

The only way I can see us signing a Centre Back is someone who we could use on the bench in place of Porteous while the latter goes out on loan to develop by getting a start week in week out.

Effectively I think Centre Back is one of two areas (Goalkeeper being the other) we're probably not looking for at all.

calumhibee1
07-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Genuine question:
What level do you see that as?

If it's a starter which of Hanlon, Efe or McGregor do you drop (and presumably sell as none of them will be happy on the bench)?

I think we have 3 quality Centre Backs plus Porteous which is ideal at this point: Porteous is good enough to play but prepared to sit on the bench.
Waugh or playing a back four as emergency cover.

The only way I can see us signing a Centre Back is someone who we could use on the bench in place of Porteous while the latter goes out on loan to develop by getting a start week in week out.

Effectively I think Centre Back is one of two areas (Goalkeeper being the other) we're probably not looking for at all.

Uh oh.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 10:44 AM

I'm a Spurs fan as well from the chat on their forums is that Grealish definetely wants to go. As an avid observer of Daniel Levy's transfer window dealings I'm 99% certain he'll end up at Spurs.

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 10:47 AM
They're discussing McGinn here

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17401-transfer-window-summer-2018/?page=135

They've got "villareport" twitter account quoting the fee at £2.1M. Shome mishtake, shirley? :confused:

Stevie Reid
07-08-2018, 10:51 AM
They've got "villareport" twitter account quoting the fee at £2.1M. Shome mishtake, shirley? :confused:

One saying that the figure seems to be coming from a Daily Mail journalist. If true would surely be the cash up, with loads of add ons.

makaveli1875
07-08-2018, 10:54 AM

Petrie laughed Celtics £2m out of town , he's going to look a bit stupid accepting 100k more surely when £2m was well short of his valuation

500miles
07-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Could involve a sell on fee, promotion bonuses etc. Suits Hibs if the publicised price is kept down when it comes to what we offer his replacements.

Lago
07-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Some people on here sure know how to spend money.

Speedway
07-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Could involve a sell on fee, promotion bonuses etc. Suits Hibs if the publicised price is kept down when it comes to what we offer his replacements.

It could also involve a player.

Wakeyhibee
07-08-2018, 11:02 AM

maybe after a bigger sell on clause. Not subject to a split with St Mirren. I would prefer a wedge now, let St Mitten have what's due.

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 11:06 AM
They've got "villareport" twitter account quoting the fee at £2.1M. Shome mishtake, shirley? :confused:Typo error hit the 2 instead of 4 that's all

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 11:08 AM
I think Villa are going through the motions with Grealish. If Spurs want him he has gone. The question is are Spurs buying or not. Think it is a chain that goes back to Man United.

My GUESS is that this makes sense for all parties but could fall through if something gets stuck. I think Man United will provide the cash for Alderweireld that gets it all moving. It is another obvious transfer saga that will shift eventually.

Hope that means a little more cash for usI don't think greelish matters in this mòve

The Leith Dutch
07-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Some people on here sure know how to spend money.

Too many people on here are way too interested in the money we may or may not get for players.

Clearly we shouldn't spend money we don't have or that places us in a precarious financial position.
But after that I really don't give a toss about how much we get in or pay out, whether that's market value, whether people feel we're getting stiffed or any other nonsense. I care about whether we have good players and a good team and, assuming the caveat about financial management above is met, we shouldn't skimp on what we pay out.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Everyone still bitching about the squad . we're unbeaten , put 4 past a quality Greek side . Pumped Motherwell while resting a few players . The guys that everyone are saying are not good enough are going out and winning .. what more do they need to do :confused:I don't see anyone "bitching" about the squad but you are crazy if you thing our squad is strong enough for the season ahead... First 11 is yes but we deffo need more depth

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Caversham Green
07-08-2018, 11:13 AM
I don't think greelish matters in this mòve

It might matter for the FFP rules - I don't know how Villa are placed in that respect.

percy veer
07-08-2018, 11:16 AM
If we can replace McGinn with Mulumbu, we'll have done alright there. Add Allan to the mix, if Celtic aren't holding any grudges, and another backup striker.

I think the lad from Motherwell would be a good signing was not playing on sat, macdonalds his name I think

bigswissstriker
07-08-2018, 11:17 AM
It might matter for the FFP rules - I don't know how Villa are placed in that respect.

They are fine, they got new owners last month who invested the money needed.

Captain Trips
07-08-2018, 11:17 AM
Has anyone left a scarf at the stadium as yet?

Iain G
07-08-2018, 11:19 AM
I'm a Spurs fan as well from the chat on their forums is that Grealish definetely wants to go. As an avid observer of Daniel Levy's transfer window dealings I'm 99% certain he'll end up at Spurs.

Can you imagine Levy and Oor Rod negotiating a deal for McGinn, would be fun to be a fly on that wall... :greengrin

jacomo
07-08-2018, 11:20 AM

Unfortunately, if Spurs are involved, things won’t start moving until 10 minutes before the deadline!

makaveli1875
07-08-2018, 11:23 AM
I don't see anyone "bitching" about the squad but you are crazy if you thing our squad is strong enough for the season ahead... First 11 is yes but we deffo need more depth

Go back 30 pages before the Asteras game and its all .. were doomed if we dont sign 5 players for the greeks , we'll never beat them with that squad . Then the deadline passed and folk started having kittens .

Of course the squad needs strengthened but panic signing players on the europa deadline day isnt the way to do it . Were slowly adding to the squad but every player thats come in has been quality so far , if we have to wait a bit longer to get more quality players then its worth it in the end .

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2018, 11:26 AM
From Sky Sports:

Hibernian midfielder John McGinn has arrived at Aston Villa’s training ground for talks about a possible move to the Midlands, Sky Sports News understands, but Celtic are still very much in the frame to sign him.
No fee has yet been agreed between Villa and Hibs for the 23-year-old Scotland international.
Celtic have seen several bids for McGinn rejected this summer, and it’s thought both the player and Hibs prefer a move to the English Championship.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Go back 30 pages before the Asteras game and its all .. were doomed if we dont sign 5 players for the greeks , we'll never beat them with that squad . Then the deadline passed and folk started having kittens .

Of course the squad needs strengthened but panic signing players on the europa deadline day isnt the way to do it . Were slowly adding to the squad but every player thats come in has been quality so far , if we have to wait a bit longer to get more quality players then its worth it in the end .Oh sorry I thought you meant today's comments mate - yes I agree with you no need for knee-jerk even if SJM leaves, it will significantly weaken us for Molde but not much we can do about that. We will bring in quality additions by end of month I'm confident

Spudster
07-08-2018, 11:28 AM

That's got nothing to do with FFP. FFP is turnover and expenditure related, nothing to do with how minted the owners are.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Sell to Villa then loan him back. :greengrin

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 11:31 AM
From Sky Sports:

Hibernian midfielder John McGinn has arrived at Aston Villa’s training ground for talks about a possible move to the Midlands, Sky Sports News understands, but Celtic are still very much in the frame to sign him.
No fee has yet been agreed between Villa and Hibs for the 23-year-old Scotland international.
Celtic have seen several bids for McGinn rejected this summer, and it’s thought both the player and Hibs prefer a move to the English Championship.

Don't understand this "no fee" thing. SJM negotiates a wage of, say, £20k a week plus signing on fee of £100's of thousands at AV which he is happy with - comes back to Hibs who then say "sorry, son, we couldn't agree a fee - you'll just have to keep playing for Hibs for £3k (for example) a week". In that scenario, we'd end up with a seriously p*ss*d off player.

scotiaf
07-08-2018, 11:33 AM
Don't understand this "no fee" thing. SJM negotiates a wage of, say, £20k a week plus signing on fee of £100's of thousands at AV which he is happy with - comes back to Hibs who then say "sorry, son, we couldn't agree a fee - you'll just have to keep playing for Hibs for £3k (for example) a week". In that scenario, we'd end up with a seriously p*ss*d off player.

Think it’s more Mcginn preference is Celtic, Hibs saying why don’t you go and have a look at Villa and see what you think.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Think it’s more Mcginn preference is Celtic, Hibs saying why don’t you go and have a look at Villa and see what you think.

And what if he decides he really likes it and Villa offer Hibs half what Celtic offered?

Very risky to let him talk to anyone without agreeing the fee beforehand, IMO.

Caversham Green
07-08-2018, 11:37 AM
That's got nothing to do with FFP. FFP is turnover and expenditure related, nothing to do with how minted the owners are.

I wasn't suggesting they couldn't afford him. FFP is mainly about losses but it takes transfers into account as well. I would imagine Villa have made losses since being relegated and they might want the profit from Grealish before they commit to other transfers.

I know that a few Championship clubs (including Reading) have been holding back on buying players because of FFP rather than because they couldn't afford them.

thebausburst
07-08-2018, 11:42 AM
And what if he decides he really likes it and Villa offer Hibs half what Celtic offered?

The parameters will have been discussed just not formalised I.e. Hibs say we’re looking for 4m and villa saying we can do business around that figure.

Ralphy C
07-08-2018, 11:43 AM
I dont believe he is down there without at least a verbal understanding of what he will cost. The clubs will have agreed a price and as long as the talks go well its dealt with, if not then both clubs can say there was no deal agreed anyway.

PatHead
07-08-2018, 11:44 AM
On the Sky spacebar now.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 11:46 AM
The parameters will have been discussed just not formalised I.e. Hibs say we’re looking for 4m and villa saying we can do business around that figure.

Which constitutes some sort of agreement rather than "no agreement has been reached".

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Anyone heard any more about a potential move for Steve Sidwell?

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 11:48 AM

By whom? :wink:

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Typo error hit the 2 instead of 4 that's all

I bloody hope so!

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 11:50 AM
By whom? :wink:

The original poster. Think it was some point last month.

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 11:52 AM

Even if true, would we really want a 35-year-old? Is he better than Bartley in that role?

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 11:52 AM
The original poster. Think it was some point last month.

I meant which team is moving for him. :greengrin

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 11:54 AM
On the Sky spacebar now.

Think they get their information from here

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 11:54 AM
I don't think greelish matters in this mòve

It does as Villa need to sell to to ensure they don't breach FFP.

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Anyone know if Barker is signing or has that ship sailed?

Saw somewhere on you tube loan to be announced Tuesday but a lot of bull**** going about just now!:wink:
Uhummmmmmm!!!

Am I the new Green Blood? :wink:

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Even if true, would we really want a 35-year-old? Is he better than Bartley in that role?

Sidwell is not a holding midfielder

hfc rd
07-08-2018, 11:57 AM

Villa would have approached Hibs about SJM and Hibs would have told them how much we want which Villa would have agreed to meet. Something has maybe been agreed in principle between both clubs. Hibs would have informed SJM and his agent that Villa are happy to pay the asking price and he is free to go down south and have a look around the place and talk personal terms with the club. If everything goes well, Villa pay the transfer fee and McGinn gets set for his medical and unveiling as an Aston Villa player. We get our money, St Mirren get their cut and we proceed ahead with bringing in our targets.

calumhibee1
07-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Uhummmmmmm!!!

Am I the new Green Blood? :wink:

Out of interest, where did you see it on Youtube? It’s about the one platform I’ve never heard of a rumour coming from!

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Sidwell is not a holding midfielder

He plays central or defensive. Given that at his age there's no way he'd replace McGinn's energy (or skill) it would have to be in a more defensive role I'd have thought. Anyway, I'm fairly sure he's not on our radar.

bigswissstriker
07-08-2018, 11:58 AM
It does as Villa need to sell to to ensure they don't breach FFP.

They don’t, there new owners have eradicated that

Club owners are allowed to invest an amount each year to offset FFP.

Villa are under no pressure to sell grealish.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Villa would have approached Hibs about SJM and Hibs would have told them how much we want which Villa would have agreed to meet. Something has maybe been agreed in principle between both clubs. Hibs would have informed SJM and his agent that Villa are happy to pay the asking price and he is free to go down south and have a look around the place and talk personal terms with the club. If everything goes well, Villa pay the transfer fee and McGinn gets set for his medical and unveiling as an Aston Villa player. We get our money, St Mirren get their cut and we proceed ahead with bringing in our targets.

Exactly. I am just wondering why some sources are reporting "no agreement has been reached".

makaveli1875
07-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Exactly. I am just wondering why some sources are reporting "no agreement has been reached".

id like to have heard the phone call to Petrie

Hi Rod we'd like to sign that Mcginn laddie

Petries like ok we'll send him down ,you can offer him a contract give him a medical and then we'll talk

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Out of interest, where did you see it on Youtube? It’s about the one platform I’ve never heard of a rumour coming from!
Subscribe to Murrayminter75 gives a live blog on every home game spotted it in the comments section seems like a decent guy looking for subscribers :thumbsup:

silverhibee
07-08-2018, 12:09 PM

Goal.

The_Horde
He plays central or defensive. Given that at his age there's no way he'd replace McGinn's energy (or skill) it would have to be in a more defensive role I'd have thought. Anyway, I'm fairly sure he's not on our radar.

Fit as a fiddle. Would be a good player to have around the squad and would go a long way to replacing some of the qualities Dylan brought.

Winston Ingram
They don’t, there new owners have eradicated that

Club owners are allowed to invest an amount each year to offset FFP.

Villa are under no pressure to sell grealish.

No they haven't. FFP is based on what you turnover and what you spend over a 3 year period.

They are allowed a maximum loss of £13m a year over a 3 yr period. It can't be just paid off with a director contribution. It is linked to their turnover. They've exceeded that amount quite significantly.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

calumhibee1
07-08-2018, 12:10 PM
Subscribe to Murrayminter75 gives a live blog on every home game spotted it in the comments section seems like a decent guy looking for subscribers :thumbsup:

Will give it a look, cheers!

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 12:11 PM

They’re pretty poor to be honest. Points for trying though.

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2018, 12:13 PM
Murray Minter75 just posted a blog on SJM going to Villa subscription free

:thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
07-08-2018, 12:16 PM
This is futbol article saying hibs have agreed a 2.1 million pound deal....surely that's bull****

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Its got to be said Villa would be a good move for SJM … the very definition of a sleeping giant and there's every chance he could find himself in the EPL either with them or if his form continues down there through being transferred to an EPL club in a couple of years. If he chooses them over Celtic I'll be delighted.

Their fans appear to know very little about Super John, though that's understandable I suppose, apart from Grealish, the odious Hutton, Steve Bruce and the even more odious Calderwood ( what a quandary wanting a team he is involved in to do well if SJM goes there ) I know very little about Villa in their current form, apart from they appear to have been a club run into the ground by under investment, a rubbish boardroom and poor player recruitment a bit like we were … though there now appears to light at the end of the tunnel.

From Hibs point of view replacing John McGinn is practically an impossible task, Slivka may well be the looked upon replacement but he is miles away from bringing the drive and energy SJM brings to our midfield and if we don't or are unable to replace that we may have to change our style a wee bit. EG we love that long diagonal to Boyle or Gray, but apart from SJM who in our current midfield can hit a pass like that? … maybe Slivka or Mallan, but if so I've yet to see it.

As a few others have said, if he does sign for Villa or another English team before Thursday I sincerely hope he gets the chance to make an appearance on the pitch before the Molde game or at half time so that we can show our appreciation and wish him well … what an absolute star he has been for this club, on and off the pitch.

bigswissstriker
07-08-2018, 12:18 PM
No they haven't. FFP is based on what you turnover and what you spend over a 3 year period.

They are allowed a maximum loss of £13m a year over a 3 yr period. It can't be just paid off with a director contribution. It is linked to their turnover. They've exceeded that amount quite significantly.

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

I read an article the other day saying they no longer have any FFP issues.

I stand corrected

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2018, 12:19 PM

4m

Jim44
07-08-2018, 12:20 PM
This is futbol article saying hibs have agreed a 2.1 million pound deal....surely that's bull****

I’d rather he went to Celtic for that and soften them up for a nice wee deal for SA.

makaveli1875
07-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Theres no way , why would he turn down 2m + potentially Allan on loan for an extra 100 grand .

guthrie01
07-08-2018, 12:22 PM
I’d rather he went to Celtic for that and soften them up for a nice wee deal for SA.

I’d rather he wasn’t able to play against us

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 12:24 PM
I’d rather he wasn’t able to play against us

This

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 12:25 PM

We'll get Scott Allan for beggar all.

He's had 3 good months in the last 3 years. There is no other interest in him and even if there was, i doubt anyone will pay his wages. He's not in Celtics plans and unlikely to kick a ball for them this season. He's due to collect around £400k in wages this season. The most likely outcome i can see is him being mutually consented with a payoff on the 31st of August.

HoboHarry
07-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Apologies if already posted but the BBC have the Villa story in their transfer latest.....

weecounty hibby
07-08-2018, 12:32 PM
At least if he goes to Villa or some other English club we can still call him Super. I wouldn't feel comfortable calling him that in a celtic top. Going to be hard to see him leave either way, love that laddie and what he has done for Hibs. Helped drag us back to where we belong and really has got Hibs over the last few years. I'm sure he will be back as a supporter at times as well

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Apologies if already posted but the BBC have the Villa story in their transfer latest.....

Really annoying that Celtic are mentioned every time another club are interested, they had their chance!

PatHead
07-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Shame we couldn't get him on loan until we are out of Europe. PETRIE GET IT SORTED!

keep the faith
07-08-2018, 12:36 PM

He's had 3 good months in the last 3 years. There is no other interest in him and even if there was, i doubt anyone will pay his wages. He's not in Celtics plans and unlikely to kick a ball for them this season. He's due to collect around £400k in wages this season. The most likely outcome i can see is him being mutually consented with a payoff on the 31st of August.As i have said before, of course there will be interest in Allan. He is a fantastic football player and he wants to be here.

I reckon Aberdeen will want him in any McKenna deal too.

bingo70
07-08-2018, 12:37 PM
As i have said before, of course there will be interest in Allan. He is a fantastic football player and he wants to be here.

Nobody will pay money for Allan though. Celtic just want him off their books.

Nicho87
07-08-2018, 12:38 PM
5 year deal at villa.
1 year loan back to hibs. We can dream.

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Theres no way , why would he turn down 2m + potentially Allan on loan for an extra 100 grand .

indeed. Taking practically the same money from Villa that Celtic were offering without the incentive of Allan coming the other way seems to me to be a very unPetrie bit of business. McGinn going to Celtic wouldn't make much difference to us in a playing sense, Celtic are just as difficult an opponent with our without SJM so his presence in their team wouldn't make our task when we play them a great deal harder … its a long way from the Scott Allan to SEVCO situation.

As for Allan …. It depends how Celtic are willing to treat him, if they are prepared to give him a pay off in exchange for him getting off the wage bill its all good, if not given SA's previous M.O. of following the money I cant help thinking he will be happy to rot in Celtic's reserves picking up his 8K a week or whatever it is …. I hope he proves me wrong.

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2018, 12:41 PM
I wish him well. Never tried to force a move and always respected the club. He said it would need to be something special for him to leave Hibs and Villa are a huge club with a great chance of playing EPL football next season. Probably ticks all the boxes. With his deal almost up at Hibs £4 million is great for us and his old club St Mirren. Can't thank him enough for all he's done at Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2018, 12:41 PM
You tube Murray Minter75 seems to think done deal 4m Guy devastated!

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
As i have said before, of course there will be interest in Allan. He is a fantastic football player and he wants to be here.

I've thought for a while he's exactly what Aberdeen are crying out for. He seems to excell at Hibs though. He'll know this is the best place for him.

Edinburgh Green
07-08-2018, 12:44 PM

I'd love us to sign Kamara. Very good player that will only get better.

Jones28
07-08-2018, 12:45 PM

That's is a tremendous bit of business from Hibs. Imagine a one year loan back too - don't know if the daffy gif would be enough

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 12:48 PM

You are Murrayminter75 aren’t you? lol. 4 posts in the past 20 minutes about him. He’s got no clue either way.

BILLYHIBS
07-08-2018, 12:48 PM
That's is a tremendous bit of business from Hibs. Imagine a one year loan back too - don't know if the daffy gif would be enough
Don’t know about 12 mth loan but 25% sell on clause win win !

Spike Mandela
07-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Alan Nixon latest....

VILLA. McGinn contract offer blowing Celtic cash away. Explains it now. Could be others in today. Surely that means one out ... 😳

TonyStokeprano
07-08-2018, 12:52 PM

He's had 3 good months in the last 3 years. There is no other interest in him and even if there was, i doubt anyone will pay his wages. He's not in Celtics plans and unlikely to kick a ball for them this season. He's due to collect around £400k in wages this season. The most likely outcome i can see is him being mutually consented with a payoff on the 31st of August.

If celtic refuse to deal with us could we sign allan on a Webster ruling ? Sure he's eligible for that now since he is 3 years into his original deal.

stevie-bee
07-08-2018, 12:53 PM
You are Murrayminter75 aren’t you? lol. 4 posts in the past 20 minutes about him. He’s got no clue either way.

Guy sits behind me at Easter road , talks the biggest lot of crap

Togs91
07-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Alan Nixon latest....

VILLA. McGinn contract offer blowing Celtic cash away. Explains it now. Could be others in today. Surely that means one out ... 😳

Blowing away? Could it be more? 😍

Andymac85
07-08-2018, 12:55 PM
From Sky Sports:

‘Celtic remain in the frame to sign McGinn, but it is thought that the player and club would prefer a move to the English Championship than to SPL rivals.’

Runs totally contrary to the ‘he won’t sign for anyone but Celtic’ nonsense being peddled in the media up here. It’s almost as if they were completely making it up . . .

calumhibee1
07-08-2018, 12:57 PM
If celtic refuse to deal with us could we sign allan on a Webster ruling ? Sure he's eligible for that now since he is 3 years into his original deal.

Couldn’t remember the situation with the Webster ruling so just looked it up. Wikipedia says that his value was £250k as he had a year left on his deal and that was the amount he was due to earn on a contract he signed in 2003. So even before Romanov Hearts we’re paying £5k a week to a guy they bought from Arbroath. Mental. Makes you wonder quite how high the wages got under Romanov.

Zazu62
07-08-2018, 12:57 PM
From Sky Sports:

‘Celtic remain in the frame to sign McGinn, but it is thought that the player and club would prefer a move to the English Championship than to SPL rivals.’

Runs totally contrary to the ‘he won’t sign for anyone but Celtic’ nonsense being peddled in the media up here. It’s almost as if they were completely making it up . . .

I don’t understand how Celtic remain in the frame when they only offered 1.75/2 mill. Can’t see the them offering 3.5/4 million. **** them anyway.

mayo hibee
07-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Scottish media: "He only wants to sign for Celtic - why would he choose the Championship?"

English media: "Obviously his preference is the championship - why would he choose to stay in Scotland?"

The reality - whoever offers him the best contract gets the player. Everything else is just media assumptions based on location bias.

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Will there? He had 6 months at Dundee and couldn't even hold down a regular place. He was bombed out at Rotherham early and bombed out quickly at Celtic.

If he was a free and wasn't due to collect £400k in wages over the next year then I'm sure someone would snap him up. Can't see anyone snapping him up in his current situation.

Davy Mac
07-08-2018, 01:01 PM
When, not if, McGinn departs, I fully trust our Manager to sign more than suitable replacements, in fact as much as I love SA, I'm sure there are other gems NL will know.

One particular thing that has really impressed about Neil Lennon, is his experience with these situations, it looks like he is bang on the money with this and how lucky we have someone with his pedigree running this part of the club.

Perhaps we should be looking at Neil's package again, as his stock is definitely rising.

BT58
07-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Just glad we have a board who will stand up and say, you want our player, pay us our valuation. Well done LD and the board.
B

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Notice Villa have tweeted that SJM is at their training ground. They must be confident of tying things up.

Had a look and I can’t see it

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 01:03 PM

The Webster ruling wouldn't be much use as if iirc, the buyout value is the remainder of the value of his contract. That's about £400k to to give to Celtic. I'd then imagine Scott Allan would want to be significantly compensated for losing that £400k

Zazu62

Same there is nothing on there twitter

Hibs90
Link to the Villa tweet please

BH Hibs
Alan Nixon latest....

But he only wanted to sign for Celtic didn’t he? Bit of backtracking going on from the Celtic friendly journalists methinks. GIRFUY. :na na:

mcfly
07-08-2018, 01:04 PM
If all this is true then our board have played a blinder.

Good luck to John. Been a pleasure watching you grow into the class act you are on and off the pitch.

A hibs legend 👏👏👏

Andymac85
07-08-2018, 01:04 PM
Same there is nothing on there twitter

It’s the unofficial AVFC he is referring to.

PatHead
07-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Turns out it wasn't the real Villa account. Have deleted my post now.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 01:06 PM
Turns out it wasn't the real Villa account. Have deleted my post now.

Ok no worries

SirDavidsNapper
Can't wait to hear that Celtic Blog's take on this. Could do with a bit of light hearted amusement. I can already see it...

"Lennon and Dempster are furious we didn't sell to Celtic for half of what Villa paid. Petrie has ruined the special relationship and his position is now untenable. Tom Farmer in crisis talks with Desmond to try and salvage the special bond. McGinn's dream shattered" etc etc etc

Nevi_SOL

I’m the same

PapillonVert
Alan Nixon latest....

Hope SJM does not end up at Celtc. It will serve them right for trying to get one of Scotland's best players on the cheap. They could easily have come up with a better offer but, in their usual arrogant fashion, thought they could browbeat a 'lesser' club into submission with a paltry offer. You can bet that, as soon as SJM would have signed on the dotted line, Celtc's valuation of him would have leapt tenfold over what they had paid Hibs for him.

And they then have the nerve to complain that they don't get enough competition in Scotland!

Mind you, if SJM doesn't want to go to Villa, then don't know where we are.

TonyStokeprano
07-08-2018, 01:08 PM
The Webster ruling wouldn't be much use as if iirc, the buyout value is the remainder of the value of his contract. That's about £400k to to give to Celtic. I'd then imagine Scott Allan would want to be significantly compensated for losing that £400k

Okay I thot hed b on about 6k a week with 42 weeks to run,roughly 250k to buy him out and 250k to compensate him and that's the half million folk were saying it was worth surrendering to get him as part of mcginn deal. If it's 400k like your saying tho maybe best to look elsewhere.

cleanyman
07-08-2018, 01:08 PM
Maybe Celtic don't have as much cash as people think...

Just *****ed 8 million on a striker and are looking at loaning Patrick Roberts for the third consecutive year. Not exactly a team with a supposed bottomless pit of cash

Or maybe just refusing to spend the 20 million plus that Celtic fans want to see?

07-08-2018, 01:09 PM
https://thecelticblog.com/2018/08/blogs/today-proves-that-petrie-will-never-sell-us-john-mcginn/

Look how raging they are

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
https://thecelticblog.com/2018/08/blogs/today-proves-that-petrie-will-never-sell-us-john-mcginn/

Look how raging they are

Hahaha i wasn't far off

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
Hope SJM does not end up at Celtc. It will serve them right for trying to get one of Scotland's best players on the cheap. They could easily have come up with a better offer but, in their usual arrogant fashion, thought they could browbeat a 'lesser' club into submission with a paltry offer. You can bet that, as soon as SJM would have signed on the dotted line, Celtc's valuation of him would have leapt tenfold over what they had paid Hibs for him.

And they then have the nerve to complain that they don't get enough competition in Scotland!

Mind you, if SJM doesn't want to go to Villa, then don't know where we are.I can't see celtic matching villa and once John gets to talk with Bruce and look round the place he will be impressed . A fantastic stadiam that I have been to many times.
Many years ago des bremner went there he had a similar work ethic to John and was idolised down there

gorgie greens
07-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Mind you, if SJM doesn't want to go to Villa, then don't know where we are.

tam MacManus tweeted that there was a few English scouts raving about SJM after his exploits at the Trepolis home game and expected them to form a que.

Spike Mandela

Look how raging they are

What a load of ill informed pish that is...😂😂😂

Rumble de Thump
Alan Nixon latest....

Celtic haven't discussed a contract offer with McGinn as they didn't offer Hibs enough to get to that stage. This Nixon guy seems to state made up 'facts' based on the latest gibberish to be posted on fan forums and social media.

bawheid

Look how raging they are

Haha, nae luck ya green hun!

AltheHibby
07-08-2018, 01:13 PM

Look how raging they are

That's funny. 😁

PapillonVert
07-08-2018, 01:14 PM
I can't see celtic matching villa and once John gets to talk with Bruce and look round the place he will be impressed . A fantastic stadiam that I have been to many times.
Many years ago des bremner went there he had a similar work ethic to John and was idolised down there

Hope so!

Unless, of course, SJM says, "You know what, I love being at ER so much that I don't want to go anywhere else. Please can I sign a new five-year contract, Leeann?"

We can always dream, I suppose.

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 01:15 PM
When, not if, McGinn departs, I fully trust our Manager to sign more than suitable replacements, in fact as much as I love SA, I'm sure there are other gems NL will know.

One particular thing that has really impressed about Neil Lennon, is his experience with these situations, it looks like he is bang on the money with this and how lucky we have someone with his pedigree running this part of the club.

Perhaps we should be looking at Neil's package again, as his stock is definitely rising.

I’ve never looked at his package

Spike Mandela
07-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Celtic haven't discussed a contract offer with McGinn as they didn't offer Hibs enough to get to that stage. This Nixon guy seems to state made up 'facts' based on the latest gibberish to be posted on fan forums and social media.

Unless of course he was tapped up. I am sure McGinn’s agent will have been given a ballpark figure from Celtic for John to mull over via some kind of back door channel.

Jim44
07-08-2018, 01:16 PM

Look how raging they are

That guy, Forrest, can’t see the wood for the trees. He’s a muppet. “Today proves that Petrie will never sell us John McGinn.” No not at the pitiful price your cheapskate club are offering.

johncrobertson@
07-08-2018, 01:20 PM
What a load of ill informed pish that is...😂😂😂

Their arrogance is beyond belief. Selling Armstrong for £7 million in the last year of his contract, and thinking Hibs wanting £4 million for SJM is too much for a far superior player. They have lost touch with reality. I pray SJM goes down -south.

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 01:20 PM

Look how raging they are

What a bunch!

Liberal Hibby
07-08-2018, 01:23 PM
That guy, Forrest, can’t see the wood for the trees. He’s a muppet. “Today proves that Petrie will never sell us John McGinn.” No not at the pitiful price your cheapskate club are offering.

Is that the same 'Petrie' who sold them Scott Brown or a different one?

Scooter
07-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Does anyone really believe that he's travelled because hibs want him to have a look. He's travelled because hibs and villa if they haven't agreed a deal aren't far off one.

SJNB Hibby
07-08-2018, 01:24 PM
That's funny. 😁

At least one guy isnt totally deluded:
====================
I usually agree with you James, but we signed Scott Brown 10 years ago for £4m and I see comparisons between Brown and McGinn. In addition to that, Hibs have watched us sell Armstrong (who was hardly a star player for us) for £7m. I can understand why they would want to obtain a high a fee as possible for McGinn.
======================:agree:

Bostonhibby
07-08-2018, 01:26 PM
What a bunch!Greatest fandans in the world.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
07-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Okay I thot hed b on about 6k a week with 42 weeks to run,roughly 250k to buy him out and 250k to compensate him and that's the half million folk were saying it was worth surrendering to get him as part of mcginn deal. If it's 400k like your saying tho maybe best to look elsewhere.

Maybe he is on £6k but i'd heard it was £8k. Still a huge amount of cash for us either way

BoltonHibee
07-08-2018, 01:30 PM
But he only wanted to sign for Celtic didn’t he? Bit of backtracking going on from the Celtic friendly journalists methinks. GIRFUY. :na na:

Nixon is not a Celtic friendly journalist

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Does anyone really believe that he's travelled because hibs want him to have a look. He's travelled because hibs and villa if they haven't agreed a deal aren't far off one.

:agree: Especially two days before a European tie.

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Brenda, Celtic still interested

CorrieHibs
07-08-2018, 01:40 PM

Look how raging they are

Hahahaha that’s very pleasing! Big bad Rod. Even though it’s Leanne, who deals with transfers nowadays.

They’re arrogance is unreal. But, but, John is desperate to sign for us, he loves Celtic.

NAE NOOKIE
07-08-2018, 01:43 PM

Look how raging they are

Wow, you can see the sense of entitlement just oozing out of every paragraph, how dare Rod Petrie or Hibs not want to sell to Celtic. When it comes down to it their reaction to stuff like this is exactly the same as Sevco's usual 'who do you think you are turning us down' arrogant pish … two cheeks o' the same erse right enough …. didn't take long for the veiled threats about ending the 'special relationship' either, well who cares, Celtic aren't the only club out there, I know they will be shocked to hear that and what they are also forgetting is that its a two way street, do they seriously think they would have got a decent fee for Liam Henderson if Hibs hadn't put him in the shop window?

As for the comparisons between Celtic and Aston Villa, lets just take a dose of reality here. If SJM was to join them I'm sure his medal haul would grow and grow, but the truth is not one of these medals would carry the weight his League cup winners medal with St Mirren does or especially his Scottish cup winners medal with Hibs … far more notable achievements than being part of Celtic's enormously wealthy steamroller. Yes he would play a lot of European matches, but to what end? Celtic have absolutely no chance of even making a champions league semi final, and probably as much chance of making a Europa league final …. how many folk worldwide can name a Celtic player?

If he joins Villa and they achieve a return to the EPL which is far from impossible his stock would grow considerably and the huge global audience the EPL attracts would ensure a lot more folk are aware of John McGinn professional footballer than if he had joined the enormous fish in the tiny pond that is Celtic FC.

Join Villa SJM, or my personal wish for him Brighton if they were to follow up their alleged interest ……... you know it makes sense :aok:

Greenworld
07-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Brenda, Celtic still interestedYeah just watched his interview on sky looks pretty pissed off to me .

" from a footballing point of view of course we want John in here"

"But the clubs need to reach and the player and agent need to reach an agreement "

Wages will be an issue now John has visited villa .

IWasThere2016
07-08-2018, 01:46 PM

I have said I expected NL and LD to be away .. such is their respective stocks. I totally agree re deals for both..

Mr_F
07-08-2018, 01:47 PM
If Celtc offered us the same deal as Villa + Allan, I'd be happy to drive John to darkheid myself, wouldn't even look for fuel money either

Togs91
07-08-2018, 01:48 PM
If Celtc offered us the same deal as Villa + Allan, I'd be happy to drive John to darkheid myself, wouldn't even look for fuel money either

I live daaan saaaaf, ill do the 500 mile round trip then pick allan up for afters

TonyStokeprano
07-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Maybe he is on £6k but i'd heard it was £8k. Still a huge amount of cash for us either way

My point is most hibs fans were in agreement that it was worth losing circa 500k from Celtic if we got Scott allan aswell, if we could sign allan and compensate him for that same amount whilst selling mcginn to villa for 4 million, it would be funny as ****!

Inconsequential
07-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Their arrogance is beyond belief. Selling Armstrong for £7 million in the last year of his contract, and thinking Hibs wanting £4 million for SJM is too much for a far superior player. They have lost touch with reality. I pray SJM goes down -south. Spot on John! John McGinn has more caps, is younger and has no injury history. Celtic's offers are in actual fact insulting to John McGinn and Hibernian Football Club.

J-C
07-08-2018, 01:55 PM
I love how they think Petrie is still involved in negotiations 🤣

Keyser Sauzee
07-08-2018, 01:59 PM
I love how they think Petrie is still involved in negotiations 🤣

I’m pretty sure he will be involved, Leeann may well take care of the majority of it but to suggest he won’t have anything to do with it is naive tbh

Austinho
07-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Does anyone really believe that he's travelled because hibs want him to have a look. He's travelled because hibs and villa if they haven't agreed a deal aren't far off one.Probably agreed a fee, but are haggling over sell on fees, appearance and promotion clauses and the like.

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 02:00 PM
Brenda, Celtic still interested

He has to say that to save face.

SMAXXA
07-08-2018, 02:02 PM

Would he be better saying he’s no interested to save face? 🤷*♀️

GreenArmyyy!
07-08-2018, 02:10 PM

Look how raging they are

Delusions of grandeur, incredible sense of entitlement they seem to portray. Knobs.

KDY Hibs
07-08-2018, 02:12 PM

As much as I hope not, I still think he will end up at Celtic.......

Joe6-2
07-08-2018, 02:13 PM
As much as I hope not, I still think he will end up at Celtic.......

Please, no

Jim44
07-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Has McGinn actually gone down there or is it speculation? The clubs might be near agreement but I can’t see him going down there just to keep Hibs happy, especially before a big, important game. if his heart is set on Celtic. If he’s definitely gone down, he must be willing to move there.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Has McGinn actually gone down there or is it speculation? The clubs might be near agreement but I can’t see him going down there just to keep Hibs happy, especially before a big, important game. if his heart is set on Celtic. If he’s definitely gone down, he must be willing to move there.

According to SSN ticker he is at Villa's training ground discussing terms.

makaveli1875
07-08-2018, 02:22 PM

Sky have reported he's arrived at there training centre , cant see it being speculation

Scooter
07-08-2018, 02:22 PM
Would he be better saying he’s no interested to save face? 🤷*♀️

I actually think he's taking a pop at Lawell

HoboHarry
07-08-2018, 02:23 PM
I actually think he's taking a pop at Lawell
If that's true then it kind of blows Phil Mac's theory that Brenda is completely in charge of who is signed.......

Since90+2
07-08-2018, 02:25 PM
If that's true then it kind of blows Phil Mac's theory that Brenda is completely in charge of who is signed.......

Rodgers will have the final say on who they approach to buy but it will be Lawell who does the financial negotiations. I'd imagine it's the same with Hibs and most other clubs.

Glory Lurker
07-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Despite everything, I genuinely thought the bid wouldn't come in that would turn our heads so I am only now facing up to SJM leaving. I'm gutted.

J-C
07-08-2018, 02:29 PM
I’m pretty sure he will be involved, Leeann may well take care of the majority of it but to suggest he won’t have anything to do with it is naive tbh

Petrie is a non executive chairman, Leeann and Craig do all the negotiating, why did she fly over to Switzerland to finalise Kamberi if Petrie does it all?

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 02:30 PM

I'm fairly sure Brenda's been quoted recently as saying that's not the case and he isn't in sole charge of transfers. This suggests it: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtic-boss-brendan-rodgers-refuses-12905424

where he says he's "distant from that".

Keyser Sauzee
07-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Petrie is a non executive chairman, Leeann and Craig do all the negotiating, why did she fly over to Switzerland to finalise Kamberi if Petrie does it all?

Probably cause it was, as u say, just to finalise things? I’m not saying leeann won’t do the lions share but Rod will still have his tuppenceworth.

Eaststand
07-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Correct.
Don't let all these pesky facts get in the way of the Petrie bashers theories though

GGTTH

JohnMcM
07-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Despite everything, I genuinely thought the bid wouldn't come in that would turn our heads so I am only now facing up to SJM leaving. I'm gutted.

Me too, although it was always going to happen, if it does.

I don't hold any thing but good luck wishes for the guy, wherever he ends up. He has more than paid back our club for our faith in him. He deserves a move to bigger money than we can pay.

My only regret is we may not get the chance to say goodbye at ER.

John McGinn, thank you, and "haste ye back"-------------- before you get too old that is.:wink:

You were super.

:flag:

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 02:36 PM

Who said "Petrie does it all"?

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 02:41 PM

A long winded ******** of a Celtc blogger. :rolleyes:

Jim44
07-08-2018, 02:42 PM
Petrie is STF’s right hand. He will still have a lot of clout.

J-C
07-08-2018, 02:43 PM

No one says does it all but still people think he's involved, Leeann was brought in to run the club allowing Petrie to do his SFA stuff.

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 02:51 PM
No one says does it all but still people think he's involved, Leeann was brought in to run the club allowing Petrie to do his SFA stuff.

Petrie's represents our owner, he'll have a say if he wants to have a say.

jacomo
07-08-2018, 02:52 PM

He doesn’t do it all.

But there are certain tasks well suited to his skill set. Dealing with Celtc is one of them.

greenginger
07-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Petrie is non-executive Chairman

Leanne is Chief Executive Officer

I'm sure the whole board will have discussed the sale of our most valuable player, but if Petrie tried to take over the negotiations I think we would be looking for a new CEO.

Keyser Sauzee
07-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Petrie is non-executive Chairman

Leanne is Chief Executive Officer

I'm sure the whole board will have discussed the sale of our most valuable player, but if Petrie tried to take over the negotiations I think we would be looking for a new CEO.

I’ve not seen any1 say he will try to take over or anything along those lines, people are saying he will most likely still have a say in transfer dealings, maybe not a huge say but he will still be involved.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Villa are a big club with a bit of class about them, they will have acted properly and met Hibs conditions.

Celtic are a big club with absolutely no class who have tried to mug Hibs off.

Simple as that really.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 02:58 PM
I actually think he's taking a pop at LawellI don't think all is well being the scenes at Septic...dont think Brenda is happy with his budget tbh

brog
07-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Talksport reporting mcginn having a medical today ahead of 4 million move, if we get the 4 million I'd be delighted. Obviously St Mirren get their cut but we would have a nice chunk of cash

https://talksport.com/football/efl/408277/aston-villa-set-to-beat-scottish-champions-celtic-to-john-mcginn-transfer/

Look how raging they are

James Forrest used to be one of the more educated Celtc bloggers. However he posted this pile of steaming ordure about RP a couple of weeks ago so I guess he now has to back it up. TBF, a few on there are pointing out the obvious double standards that SJM isn't worth £4m because he's in the last year whereas Armstrong, older, less caps & also in last year of his contract was definitely worth £7m, or £8m per SSN! I played golf against a Celtc supporter in London last Friday. He assured me they would pick him up for free in Jan, he knew a friend who knew a friend of a friend etc. He p- - - ed me off so much I totally made up that a major English club currently in Championship were preparing a bid. I am Bleeds Green!

Smartie
07-08-2018, 03:01 PM
I don't think all is well being the scenes at Septic...dont think Brenda is happy with his budget tbh

They do seem to be being unnecessarily scabby, as they have been for a few years.

I'd have thought they'd have pots of cash, and securing John McGinn early on should have been a doddle for them.

AltheHibby
The seethe on sickbag is a joy to behold. The usual "he's rubbish", "" Farmer will take his cut", and my favourite...

Wasn't part of the agreement whereby BoS wrote off a lot of their debt was that they would get a % of future transfer fees?"

As opposed to the big team way where you just walk away from the debt?

The Internet. Allowing maroon morons to display their ignorance in public.

Famous Fiver
Collective decision to accept an offer I am sure.

NL hopefully is in on it and has done his homework on the way forward. As I said earlier I just hope the fact we seem to be getting our asking price it does not push up the cost of replacements ( SA for example). I can see our Glasgow rivals look to offload him to Eberdeen with appropriate sweeteners just to get it right up us.

In NL I trust.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 03:02 PM
They do seem to be being unnecessarily scabby, as they have been for a few years.

I'd have thought they'd have pots of cash, and securing John McGinn early on should have been a doddle for them.Aye the biscuit tin is emptier than usual [emoji23]

matty_f
07-08-2018, 03:03 PM
I think the Villa bid should rule out any complaints from Celtc about Hibs knocking back their derisory offers. It's clear that McGinn's value is higher than Celtc offered us, and the fact that we've received higher offers completely vindicates Hibs' stance.

Celtc only have themselves to blame if they lose out.

Smartie
Collective decision to accept an offer I am sure.

NL hopefully is in on it and has done his homework on the way forward. As I said earlier I just hope the fact we seem to be getting our asking price it does not push up the cost of replacements ( SA for example). I can see our Glasgow rivals look to offload him to Eberdeen with appropriate sweeteners just to get it right up us.

In NL I trust.

I'd be surprised if they did that to the team who has finished second behind them several years in a row, for that reason.

Billy Whizz
Villa are a big club with a bit of class about them, they will have acted properly and met Hibs conditions.

Celtic are a big club with absolutely no class who have tried to mug Hibs off.

Simple as that really.

Couldn’t have put it better myself

Lago
I can't see celtic matching villa and once John gets to talk with Bruce and look round the place he will be impressed . A fantastic stadiam that I have been to many times.

And won a European Cup winners medal!

Kato
07-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Wasn't part of the agreement whereby BoS wrote off a lot of their debt was that they would get a % of future transfer fees?"

Their imaginations are at their most fertile when discussing that bank deal. The just don't live in the real at all.

Re-Celtc fans attitude to McGinn. Celtc fan in the work is gutted, rates SJM as one of the best midfielders in the league and is disgusted at the paltry bids put in by his club. He was looking forward to seeing him in "the hoops" and thought it would all be done and dusted by now. Not a happy chappy.

Lago
07-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Their imaginations are at their most fertile when discussing that bank deal. The just don't live in the real at all.

Re-Celtc fans attitude to McGinn. Celtc fan in the work is gutted, rates SJM as one of the best midfielders in the league and is disgusted at the paltry bids put in by his club. He was looking forward to seeing him in "the hoops" and thought it would all be done and dusted by now. Not a happy chappy.
Good

Berwickhibby
07-08-2018, 03:37 PM
James Forrest used to be one of the more educated Celtc bloggers. However he posted this pile of steaming ordure about RP a couple of weeks ago so I guess he now has to back it up. TBF, a few on there are pointing out the obvious double standards that SJM isn't worth £4m because he's in the last year whereas Armstrong, older, less caps & also in last year of his contract was definitely worth £7m, or £8m per SSN! I played golf against a Celtc supporter in London last Friday. He assured me they would pick him up for free in Jan, he knew a friend who knew a friend of a friend etc. He p- - - ed me off so much I totally made up that a major English club currently in Championship were preparing a bid. I am Bleeds Green!

Brilliant Brian:thumbsup:

Kato
07-08-2018, 03:41 PM
Good

:greengrin

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2018, 03:49 PM
I don’t often read Kickback, but Jesus they’re seething over there, one of them started listing better players and named Cochrane, just about pished my pants. It’s a bit of a cringe that they have two ‘hot’ topics and one of them is about a hibs player 😂! I hope we get as much as possible just to wind them right up. Fuds.

bigswissstriker
07-08-2018, 03:51 PM
9 minutes till bleed greens prophecy comes to fruition ....

The whole reason I joined this place.

Kemon

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 03:55 PM
I don’t often read Kickback, but Jesus they’re seething over there, one of them started listing better players and named Cochrane, just about pished my pants. It’s a bit of a cringe that they have two ‘hot’ topics and one of them is about a hibs player 😂! I hope we get as much as possible just to wind them right up. Fuds.

That boy is a mentalist. Thinks Hibs and Celtic both know SJM is pish and are conspiring to offload him for as much as possible. Possibly some of the radgest stuff I’ve read on there:

Lago
07-08-2018, 03:58 PM
9 minutes till bleed greens prophecy comes to fruition ....

The whole reason I joined this place.

Kemon
Or he crashes & burns :greengrin

snooky

"one of the spurs forums has a thread should they buy Grealish for mega bucks or take the cheaper option in McGinn , theres a fair few spurs fans who would rather take McGinn"

To follow up my post above, Spurs and Villa are "£7m apart" re. the value of Grealish. That deal is far from done, IMO.

calumhibee1
That is a next level conspiracy from wee Bez. :agree:

Bostonhibby
07-08-2018, 03:59 PM
That boy is a mentalist. Thinks Hibs and Celtic both know SJM is pish and are conspiring to offload him for as much as possible. Possibly some of the radgest stuff I’ve read on there:Yep, they certainly fooled successive Scotland managers and that absolute rookie Steve Bruce right enough.

Apart from the huns offering a couple of quid for laugherty no one wants to even try and buy any of the gorgie gargoyles. Proof of the pudding and all that.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

SaulGoodman
07-08-2018, 04:00 PM
:hyper :hyper :hyper

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 04:00 PM
That is a next level conspiracy from wee Bez. :agree:

He knows something we don’t! (B)l(e)ed Green....(z).

It’s all making sense.

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2018, 04:02 PM
That boy is a mentalist. Thinks Hibs and Celtic both know SJM is pish and are conspiring to offload him for as much as possible. Possibly some of the radgest stuff I’ve read on there:

If you read his other posts on SJM it only gets better, if someone was behaving like that on here, I’d expect them to be getting slaughtered, but they all seem to buy in to it, mental house.

snooky
07-08-2018, 04:03 PM
:I'm waiti :I'm waiti :I'm waiti

wills
07-08-2018, 04:04 PM
What are the chances of Villa loaning McGinn back to us until Januaty?

bigswissstriker
07-08-2018, 04:04 PM
What are the chances of Villa loaning McGinn back to us until Januaty?

0%

wills
07-08-2018, 04:08 PM
0%

Its a question that could be asked

Beefster
07-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Its a question that could be asked

Aston Villa need to get out of the Championship. If he ends up there, they’re not buying him for a year or two down the line.

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 04:11 PM
Done according to Villa Twitter: https://www.villatalk.com/topic/17401-transfer-window-summer-2018/?page=142

londonhibby
07-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Didn't know Houston was such a big fan of McGinn's or had a connection to Villa. From their forum: "We laughed when Peter Houston said McGinn is better than Grealish but we may end up hoping he's right."

Aldo
07-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Thought we were expecting news at 5??

Nemo
07-08-2018, 04:15 PM
Well this is nice. This thread seems to be a wee happy place just now.

I’m glad your all happy.

we’re going drop like a stone when SJM goes
I’ll run down Easter road bollock naked if we finish higher than 5th this season.

GillyHibee
So...What's the news from 5pm?

Billy Whizz
So...What's the news from 5pm?

It’s only 4.15 on her

HoboHarry
07-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Brenda seems distinctly unhappy....... gerritrightroonthem.......

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/brendan-rodgers-celtic-left-door-open-for-john-mcginn-suitors-1-4780075

Beefster
07-08-2018, 04:18 PM

I’m glad your all happy.

I’ll run down Easter road bollock naked if we finish higher than 5th this season.

Noted.

Edinburgh Green
07-08-2018, 04:18 PM
It’s only 4.15 on her

Yeah why is that? :confused:

GillyHibee
07-08-2018, 04:19 PM
It’s only 4.15 on her

:Ummm::Ummm:

GloryGlory

I’m glad your all happy.

Somebody bookmark this! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
Yeah why is that? :confused:

No idea, about time the admins fixed it😎

Hermit Crab

I’m glad your all happy.

Complete rubbish.

Your other point is one you seriously regret.

Aldo
07-08-2018, 04:20 PM

I’m glad your all happy.

Dear o dear!

No one is ever happy to lose a player like SJM but it was always going to happen and will happen again with other players.

Joe6-2
Brenda seems distinctly unhappy....... gerritrightroonthem.......

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/brendan-rodgers-celtic-left-door-open-for-john-mcginn-suitors-1-4780075

Their penny pinching left the door open!

JohnMcM

I’m glad your all happy.

Funny old thing football forums are. Here was me thinking there was more than one player in a team.

It can be a wee bit nippy around your dangly parts on Easter Road in May if you jog down there with nae panties on.

HoboHarry
07-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Their penny pinching left the door open!
He is virtually saying that in public - I would love to hear the internal discussions he must be having with Peter Lawell. Brenda is seriously hacked off.......

Nemo
07-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Funny old thing football forums are. Here was me thinking there was more than one player in a team.

It can be a wee bit nippy around your dangly parts on Easter Road in May if you jog down there with nae panties on.

Am a burd ya radge

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Am a burd ya radge

..who gets bollock-naked? :confused:

snooky
07-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Complete rubbish.

Your other point is one you seriously regret.

:hmmm: On the other hand, if his/her assessment proves accurate and, to be fair, nobody really knows what will happen in the future, then .... :whistle:

HoboHarry
07-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Am a burd ya radge
Emma Stone hopefully.

GillyHibee
07-08-2018, 04:29 PM

:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

JohnMcM
07-08-2018, 04:30 PM
Am a burd ya radge

Oh!

Sorry madam, lease allow me to correct my erroneous sexist oversight.

"It can be a bit nippy around your bouncy bits,,,,,,,etc.":flag:

Hermit Crab
07-08-2018, 04:30 PM

Well this is 2018 so entirely possible

:faf: :top marks