PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

calumhibee1
11-07-2018, 07:58 AM
Sees there are 20 new posts in the transfer thread - oh must be a solid rumour

Nope, just p*sh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much like the majority of the previous 200 pages then :greengrin

TonyStokeprano
11-07-2018, 08:06 AM
A bit touchy aren't we?

You are allowed carte blanche to say what you want but the minute someone disagrees you don't like it.

Fair enough

I will tell you what I really think then

Stop blubbering and greeting like a wee bairn and grow a ****ing set

Your incessant whining is doing my tits in

okay?

He has answered all your points quite well, your the one who looks like you can't take someone disagreeing with you !!

Grow a set ??? Because hes hoping wed have a few more bodies in, well neither of the 5 folk i go to the games with are happy with our lack of signings before first game either, so I guess we better grow a set aswell.

You sound like a ****ing ******** mate

Kavinho
11-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Any transfer news?

SouthMoroccoStu
11-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Any transfer news?

That would be a novelty

The Leith Dutch
11-07-2018, 08:11 AM
True, if I mention McGinn leaving then I should probably mention Allan possibly in. Although the difference there is at the moment we know McGinn has been the subject of an offer (which didn’t include Allan). We don’t have any such info on us making a move for Allan.

For what it's worth I reckon:

We'll sign MacLaren (probably a season long loan) and the striking line up will look be Kamberi and MacLaren with Shaw and Murray as back up.

Centre Midfield we'll get Allan in and Slivka will be a regular.
We'll play both Allan and Mallan at times with Bartley stepping in for the games we need more defensive solidity.
I also reckon we'll see a CM in from Celtic as a loanee part of the McGinn deal.

We'll also sign a Left winger.

I think that leaves us light on pure Centre mids rather than attacking ones depending on the loanee or if there's other movement.
Hopefully all those deals though are in progress.

If we were there and had the resource for another later in the window I'd actually be pretty chuffed.

headshrinker
11-07-2018, 08:22 AM
:nlgwa Glory Glory :nlgwa We are Hibernian FC :nlgwa

The Scottish Cup IS in the bag :nlgwa Easter Road on Saturdays :nlgwa

Sunshine on Leith :nlgwa C’mon The Hibees

Hibbyradge
11-07-2018, 09:19 AM
This has to be the worst transfer thread in the history of this site. Even with lack of rumours some of the unrelated stuff is guff. If it’s no transfer related just don’t post it’s oretty simple no? Reading pages and pages of pish

:agree:

Not a pun in sight.

Stuart93
11-07-2018, 09:27 AM
:nlgwa Glory Glory :nlgwa We are Hibernian FC :nlgwa

The Scottish Cup IS in the bag :nlgwa Easter Road on Saturdays :nlgwa

Sunshine on Leith :nlgwa C’mon The Hibees

Em ok?

we are hibs
11-07-2018, 09:29 AM
How likely is it that Maclaren will return? We could really do with him before the second round tie. Also with him being at the world cup how likely is it that he would feature in those games? As I understand it he's currently on holiday so would be behind the rest of the squad in terms of fitness and pre season.

matty_f
Any transfer news?

Horgan deal might be concluded very soon (i.e. any time now, might even happen today) from what I'm told.

McLaren is still a strong possibility ("more likely to happen than not"), and don't rule out Barker coming back if he doesn't have anything sorted by the end of the window, regardless of Horgan signing.

Thecat23
How likely is it that Maclaren will return? We could really do with him before the second round tie

Very likely.

Gmack7
11-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Very likely.

rough timescales if possible

we are hibs
11-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Very likely.

Great. Let's hope we can get it over the line.

Hibbyradge
11-07-2018, 09:35 AM

Before the end of August.

Roughly.

Billychaotic182
11-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Any news on Barker?

Gmack7
11-07-2018, 09:40 AM

Roughly.

That's roughenuf

Hibbyradge
11-07-2018, 09:41 AM
That's roughenuf

:tee hee:

georgieboy
11-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Why are we worrying so much? Hibs are a far better team now than for many past years. Its only right that we have high expectations, but we have been through many mediocre years in recent times and let's be glad that Hibs are back being respected. There's no way we can compete financially with the terrible twins from the West. Finishing in the top 4 and a Europa place chance is a realistic goal.

theonlywayisup
11-07-2018, 09:43 AM

Roughly.

That's roughenuf

Which year?

BlackSheep
11-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Very likely.

Rumour has it that we cant match MacLaren's wage demands..... is this dead in the water or is the rumour mill misinformed?

ivan03
11-07-2018, 09:48 AM
Simon Murray going to Australia I’m hearing.

MSK
11-07-2018, 09:51 AM
Simon Murray going to Australia I’m hearing.Good luck to him, must be a replacement or two ready to come in then

we are hibs
11-07-2018, 09:53 AM

He better hurry back. We have a game tomorrow

Springbank
11-07-2018, 09:58 AM

Aah but there are two cities called Perth though.

I reckon he's just stopped for a MackyD's at Broxden and folk have put 2 & 2 together...

Sioux
11-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Rumour has it that we cant match MacLaren's wage demands..... is this dead in the water or is the rumour mill misinformed?

Depends who made up the rumour. How can a rumour mill be misinformed when the a story or statement in general circulation is without confirmation or certainty as to facts? Surely the not knowing is fundamental to a rumour.

Anyone who believes in rumours, or even wants to believe, needs therapy. Those who argue for or against a rumour should be laughed at.

Rumours normally start with someone who seeks attention, and rumours can be separated from information provided by people who have knowledge of something, but not quite the full story.

One poster has spent the last 24 hours in a stressed state because he doesn't know anything. Don't fall into that (trumpet) trap.

Just saying:greengrin

Billy Whizz
11-07-2018, 10:08 AM

What do you mean going back? Did he play in Aus before

erin go bragh
11-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Horgan deal might be concluded very soon (i.e. any time now, might even happen today) from what I'm told.

McLaren is still a strong possibility ("more likely to happen than not"), and don't rule out Barker coming back if he doesn't have anything sorted by the end of the window, regardless of Horgan signing.

To get all three would be brilliant.

CapitalGreen
11-07-2018, 10:10 AM

He didn't say he was going back.

Thecat23
11-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Unless we get him on loan again which I think is more than likely than permanent. If this does happen I think it will be nearer the end of the window.

Thecat23
11-07-2018, 10:34 AM

I think nearer the end of the window.

BlackSheep
11-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Depends who made up the rumour. How can a rumour mill be misinformed when the a story or statement in general circulation is without confirmation or certainty as to facts? Surely the not knowing is fundamental to a rumour.

Anyone who believes in rumours, or even wants to believe, needs therapy. Those who argue for or against a rumour should be laughed at.

Rumours normally start with someone who seeks attention, and rumours can be separated from information provided by people who have knowledge of something, but not quite the full story.

One poster has spent the last 24 hours in a stressed state because he doesn't know anything. Don't fall into that (trumpet) trap.

Just saying:greengrin

Well, lets just say i'm not wanting to name names but a good source has said what I have passed on in regard to MacLaren's wage demands.... I just didn't want to be specific, hence my rumour mill comment.

So to put it bluntly, as you seem to want, I have heard from a good source that we may not get MacLaren as his wage demands are too high for our budget. TC23 has said its very likely we will get him so I am wondering which of the two are closer to the correct answer.....?

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 10:41 AM
Well, lets just say i'm not wanting to name names but a good source has said what I have passed on in regard to MacLaren's wage demands.... I just didn't want to be specific, hence my rumour mill comment.

So to put it bluntly, as you seem to want, I have heard from a good source that we may not get MacLaren as his wage demands are too high for our budget. TC23 has said its very likely we will get him so I am wondering which of the two are closer to the correct answer.....?

On loan.

Both can be correct.

SaulGoodman
11-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Which year?

August happens every year

calumhibee1
11-07-2018, 10:56 AM
Out of interest, I wonder if the “towards the end of the window” deals for English based players would be concluded early August rather than the end of our window with the window down there closing before the first fixture.

J-C
11-07-2018, 11:00 AM

On loan.

Both can be correct.

I think we've probably looked at signing him but he may not be wanting to drop too much wages to do so, if he's unhappy and wants to return and his club don't want an unhappy player, then maybe a loan deal for a full season is a better option, we can look at the situation at the end of the season.

J-C
11-07-2018, 11:03 AM

He spent a year living in Australia when he left Tayport and then returned to play for Arbroath, so he'll know the lay of the land over there.

Billy Whizz
11-07-2018, 11:18 AM
He didn't say he was going back.

Sorry was reading it by the pool, sun shining on my phone, everyone a bit tetchy on here today😀

Billy Whizz
11-07-2018, 11:19 AM
He spent a year living in Australia when he left Tayport and then returned to play for Arbroath, so he'll know the lay of the land over there.

Thanks, thought I’d read he said back to Australia

Heisenberg
11-07-2018, 11:26 AM
Second bid rejected from Celtc for John McGinn according to SSN.

Michael
11-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Second bid rejected from Celtc for John McGinn according to SSN.

Did it say how much?

matty_f
11-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Did it say how much?

Totally rejected.

J-C
11-07-2018, 11:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/939072092137541634/vVbNW6JN_bigger.jpgSky Sports Scotland‏Verified account @ScotlandSky (https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky)FollowingFollowing
@ScotlandSky

More

BREAKING TRANSFER NEWSSky sources understand Hibernian have rejected a second bid from Celtic for midfielder John McGinn. #SSN (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SSN?src=hash)

Greenworld
11-07-2018, 11:42 AM
Totally rejected.Good news 2 million bid only 1 more million to go [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
11-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Few Celtc fans giving it the “we’ll just take him on a pre contract in January then” patter because we aren’t just bending over and accepting their clubs low bids for our best player. They are such an easy to despise set of supporters.

Hermit Crab
11-07-2018, 11:55 AM
Few Celtc fans giving it the “we’ll just take him on a pre contract in January then” patter because we aren’t just bending over and accepting their clubs low bids for our best player. They are such an easy to despise set of supporters.

That could very well end up happening though.

CallumLaidlaw
11-07-2018, 11:56 AM

Sure they’d have been delighted if Southampton fans had been saying that about Stuart Armstrong.

davhibby
11-07-2018, 11:57 AM
That could very well end up happening though.

If all they offer is 2 million then I'd be happy with that. We aren't in desperate need of money so I'd rather get another season out of him than accept nothing bids for him now

Mikey
11-07-2018, 11:57 AM

Do they sell Factor 250 suncream there?

He'll cook!

Borderhibbie76
11-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Unless we get him on loan again which I think is more than likely than permanent. If this does happen I think it will be nearer the end of the window.That concerns me a bit tbh as we have important games between now and the end of Aug and I really don't fancy negotiating them with Shaw or Murray up front with Flo...I know it's a tough balancing act but it's really risky holding out for Jamie Mac till end of Aug imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
11-07-2018, 12:01 PM
If all they offer is 2 million then I'd be happy with that. We aren't in desperate need of money so I'd rather get another season out of him than accept nothing bids for him now

You are happy to reject 2m and see him leave for nothing? :confused: McGinn was bought to be sellable asset in the future.

keep the faith
11-07-2018, 12:01 PM
If it's 2 million plus Allan then they are starting to get warm.

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 12:05 PM
If it's 2 million plus Allan then they are starting to get warm.

:agree:

I think Allan HAS to be any part of deal we settle-on with them. Although Allan would be my pick to sign-up out of ANY of our midfielders from last season, including the now departed Dylan, he's clearly surplus to Celtic's requirements and therefore should be an easy 'throw-in' from our point of view.

Negotiate as much money as we can from them, and as long as we end up with Scott Allan back permanently, I think we'll do okay out of it.

Maybe another player or two while we're at it :greengrin

Betty Boop
11-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Read on Kerrydale St Allan is on 9k a week at Celtic.

MWHIBBIES
11-07-2018, 12:09 PM

There will never ever be a time where 2 million is nothing to Hibs. 2 million could significantly changed our fortunes if used well.

WeeRussell
11-07-2018, 12:11 PM

If true, depending on when his contract ends he's unlikely to be on that for much longer. A long-term deal with Hibs on lower terms may well appeal.

Zazu62
11-07-2018, 12:12 PM
There will never ever be a time where 2 million is nothing to Hibs. 2 million could significantly changed our fortunes if used well.

But st Mirren get a slice of it

Hermit Crab

Its went up 2k in 24hrs then because on here yesterday Allan was on 7k a week. The reality is that nobody really knows what a player is on. Its just guess work.

we are hibs

It's the exact same thing they were up in arms about the huns doing with Scott Allan.

SquashedFrogg
11-07-2018, 12:13 PM

All sounds very positive Matty..... Fingers crossed.... Think I'd explode if Barker was in a Hibs shirt next season :thumbsup:

Betty Boop
11-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Its went up 2k in 24hrs then because on here yesterday Allan was on 7k a week. The reality is that nobody really knows what a player is on. Its just guess work.

7 or 9 he'll have to take a significant cut in wages to come here.

Heisenberg
11-07-2018, 12:14 PM
It's the exact same thing they were up in arms about the huns doing with Scott Allan.

Exactly. They are just as bad as the huns.

davhibby
11-07-2018, 12:15 PM
2 million is nowhere near what he's worth but it won't come to knocking back that as a final offer anyway. If he's not away to Celtic by the start of August I'd be willing to guess that at least one English club will be in for him before their window shuts

Hermit Crab
11-07-2018, 12:18 PM
7 or 9 he'll have to take a significant cut in wages to come here.

Again pure guess work but I'd say SA would be lucky to get 3k a week here. Maybe bonuses could make up his wage a bit.

Heisenberg
11-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Lenny has spoken, for those that were worrying...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/neil-lennon-confirms-hibs-have-rejected-new-celtic-bid-for-john-mcginn-1-4767192

GloryGlory
11-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Again pure guess work but I'd say SA would be lucky to get 3k a week here. Maybe bonuses could make up his wage a bit.

It could be part of any negotiation that Celtic give SA a payoff to make up the difference.

Centre Hawf
11-07-2018, 12:35 PM
It could be part of any negotiation that Celtic give SA a payoff to make up the difference.

This is probably the most realistic situation. If he’s on 7k and we offer 3/4k you imagine Allan would demand Celtic pay the difference for the next 12 months which probably makes it all the more important we get Allan as part of this deal.

Alan62
11-07-2018, 12:37 PM
You are happy to reject 2m and see him leave for nothing? :confused: McGinn was bought to be sellable asset in the future.

This is nonsense. John McGinn was brought to the club to play football and to make a difference to the team. He's done that big time.

If any club offered us a player of McGinn's quality for a four year spell for £160K + wages, we would be delighted - even if there was no transfer fee at the end.

Nicho87
Lenny has spoken, for those that were worrying...

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/neil-lennon-confirms-hibs-have-rejected-new-celtic-bid-for-john-mcginn-1-4767192

Lennon says he doesn't know what the club's valuation is of McGinn.

That seems a bit off does it not

Hibby Kay-Yay
This is probably the most realistic situation. If he’s on 7k and we offer 3/4k you imagine Allan would demand Celtic pay the difference for the next 12 months which probably makes it all the more important we get Allan as part of this deal.

If we get him as part of this deal then we need to factor that into the slice St Mirren get. Would rather deal with S Allan separately.

Heisenberg
11-07-2018, 12:40 PM

I’m sure he does, he probably just wanted to avoid any questions about his value.

matty_f
11-07-2018, 12:42 PM
I’m sure he does, he probably just wanted to avoid any questions about his value.

:agree: He'll be fully aware of what we will accept.

CapitalGreen

Exactly, if he said "the offer doesn't meet our valuation" the follow up question would be "what is that valuation?".

Centre Hawf
If we get him as part of this deal then we need to factor that into the slice St Mirren get. Would rather deal with S Allan separately.

No one really knows how that works in regards to St Mirren if a players involved. But theres no way I can see us getting Scott Allan without McGinn going the other way. We basically need Celtic or Allan to do us a favour in regards to wages. Celtic are unlikely to do it unless we sell, Allans not going to do it because why would you more than half your guaranteed income over the next 12 months?

SquashedFrogg
11-07-2018, 01:10 PM

Jesus :rolleyes:

Haymaker
11-07-2018, 01:13 PM
:hyper

Jones28
11-07-2018, 01:31 PM

He's not going to go and advertise it in a national paper is he?

Of course he knows.

Ronniekirk
11-07-2018, 01:38 PM

Probably as Lennon a few months back said he was worth 5 million .No chance of that at the present time .the Board are trying their hardest to get as much as they can from Celtic so he won't want to get drawn into that I .know the Daily record ran a story saying three million or its no sale ,and that may we'll be the figure they would ideally like
But if Scott Allan is part of the deal it muddies the waters
Without knowing what the second Bid is , it's still encouraging we have again knocked It back But presumably there comes a point where Brinkmanship stops and hard realities set in ,so both parties have compromised ,but both teams end up with the players they want
I would rather at this delicate stage of negotiations things were kept as private as they can be ,and the Deal gets done after our European game .A comfortable home win could be catalyst for Clubs to then sit down and thrash a deal out At this point I assume we want S J M in Thursdays Team

southern hibby
11-07-2018, 02:05 PM

HC, I am. Here is my take on it.

2 mill minus st mirren’s share equals roughly 1.333 million for us.
We get through two rounds of Europe x amount of pounds for us, League position x amount for us and cup runs x amount for us too. Not sure if this will add up to 1.333 million but let’s be honest it could and we have SJM for another season.
However this is the big part for me it’s shows Celtic we will not be bent over and shafted by their petty offer, so in future they’ll know either pay up or your not getting a player when you click your fingers. Also we will have a new player less trying to establish themselves in our midfield and may help Slivka and our midfield gel together because he’s an established player in that position.

GGTTH

Springbank
11-07-2018, 02:07 PM
what Hibs fans maybe miss is that Celtic have 7 champs league qualifier games to play between now and the Window shutting

if théy have a bad first leg score in any of thèse ties then Celtic come under pressure to mâke a signing.

lots of their fans on social media today embarrassed at their perceived penny pinching. one bad euro résult and lawwell under pressure to just pay the asking price #biscuittin

J-C
11-07-2018, 02:08 PM

Depends on how much Scotty was on at Hibs before Celtic, if he was on around £1.5k he'd probably get 3x that, I'd guess he's on around £5K at Celtic, so dropping down to £3K isn't huge in the scheme of things plus he'll get a signing on bonus or % of any sale.

That's just guess work on my part BTW

BoomtownHibees
11-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Depends on how much Scotty was on at Hibs before Celtic, if he was on around £1.5k he'd probably get 3x that, I'd guess he's on around £5K at Celtic, so dropping down to £3K isn't huge in the scheme of things plus he'll get a signing on bonus or % of any sale.

£2k a week less doesn’t sound that much however it’s a drop of £104k a year!!

J-C
11-07-2018, 02:15 PM
£2k a week less doesn’t sound that much however it’s a drop of £104k a year!!

There'll be bonuses etc to add to any basic wage, there always is, Allan wouldn't be picking up many bonuses at Celtic as he's hardly played for the, he'll be living off a basic wage, remember there could be pay offs and signing on bonuses to add into it all. Deals aren't just about a basic wage nowadays, look a the world stars they have image rights, extras for media, sponsorship etc.

Jim44
11-07-2018, 02:17 PM

....... plus he would get some serious worthwhile football under his belt.

Jim44
11-07-2018, 02:25 PM
2 million is nowhere near what he's worth but it won't come to knocking back that as a final offer anyway. If he's not away to Celtic by the start of August I'd be willing to guess that at least one English club will be in for him before their window shuts

Do you think these English clubs are sitting on the sidelines on their erchies waiting for Celtic to make all the play with their crappy bids? If they are serious they would come in for McGinn right now. Unless of course it’s all paper talk. :dunno:

flash
11-07-2018, 02:26 PM
All this furore taking our minds off the fact that we aren't bringing anyone else in for tomorrow night.

LeithMike
11-07-2018, 02:31 PM
what Hibs fans maybe miss is that Celtic have 7 champs league qualifier games to play between now and the Window shutting

if théy have a bad first leg score in any of thèse ties then Celtic come under pressure to mâke a signing.

lots of their fans on social media today embarrassed at their perceived penny pinching. one bad euro résult and lawwell under pressure to just pay the asking price #biscuittinAgree with this. The pressure is not all on Hibs to sell now, there is significant pressure on Celtic to buy now. The longer they leave it, the less time there is to integrate SJM into their squad and it leaves them open to serious criticism if they fail to get through the Champions League qualifiers. What would be the point saving £1m on McGinn if early elimination costs them £10m. I think Hibs should hold on as long as we can and risk losing him for less money in January.
If the transfer doesn't look likely, John may, himself, start to look at other offers. I don't think it is unreasonable to block the transfer until a bid of £3m is received, particularly in the light of the money received from Armstrong and Celtic's valuation of Tierney - these should all have an inflationary effect on all SPFL players' values.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AgentDaleCooper
11-07-2018, 02:31 PM
All this furore taking our minds off the fact that we aren't bringing anyone else in for tomorrow night.

Don't need to, we've (still) got mcginn :aok:

Jim44
11-07-2018, 02:33 PM

As long as Lennon and the team are taking this game as seriously as they must, as opposed to the walkover a lot of folk here seem to be doing, I think our present squad is capable of getting us through over two legs.

Lago
11-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Do you think these English clubs are sitting on the sidelines on their erchies waiting for Celtic to make all the play with their crappy bids? If they are serious they would come in for McGinn right now. Unless of course it’s all paper talk. :dunno:
I yet to see any concrete evidence of a interest from down South, if there is it's pretty luke warm.

porthibbie
11-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Agree with this. The pressure is not all on Hibs to sell now, there is significant pressure on Celtic to buy now. The longer they leave it, the less time there is to integrate SJM into their squad and it leaves them open to serious criticism if they fail to get through the Champions League qualifiers. What would be the point saving £1m on McGinn if early elimination costs them £10m. I think Hibs should hold on as long as we can and risk losing him for less money in January.
If the transfer doesn't look likely, John may, himself, start to look at other offers. I don't think it is unreasonable to block the transfer until a bid of £3m is received, particularly in the light of the money received from Armstrong and Celtic's valuation of Tierney - these should all have an inflationary effect on all SPFL players' values.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This is what I like to hear from Hibs.

Club chief executive Leeann Dempster said last month: "John's value to me is in the team. That was his value last year and the year before.
"If John doesn't go in this transfer window then I won't be disappointed, Neil won't be disappointed and the supporters won't be disappointed.
"We don't live and die by transfer fees, if we were to receive a transfer fee of some significance for a player then that would be welcomed and that is balanced by the effect it would have on the team.

My_Wife_Camille
11-07-2018, 02:51 PM
If Scott Allan comes off the bench for Celtic once the league starts does that make him cup tied for league games?

Jim44
11-07-2018, 02:52 PM

Club chief executive Leeann Dempster said last month: "John's value to me is in the team. That was his value last year and the year before.
"If John doesn't go in this transfer window then I won't be disappointed, Neil won't be disappointed and the supporters won't be disappointed.
"We don't live and die by transfer fees, if we were to receive a transfer fee of some significance for a player then that would be welcomed and that is balanced by the effect it would have on the team.

How dare she? This flies in the face of the numerous folk on here who seem to be convinced that Celtic’s financial war of attrition will win in the end. Good for you LD.

Aldo
11-07-2018, 02:53 PM
If Scott Allan comes off the bench for Celtic once the league starts does that make him cup tied for league games?

Stop it you! [emoji51][emoji41]

HoboHarry
11-07-2018, 02:55 PM

She doesn't say that John McGinn won't be disappointed.

Bostonhibby
11-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Few Celtc fans giving it the “we’ll just take him on a pre contract in January then” patter because we aren’t just bending over and accepting their clubs low bids for our best player. They are such an easy to despise set of supporters.World's best fans, they copied it off the world's best fans.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
11-07-2018, 03:05 PM

As weird as this sounds, I will be. I love John McGinn but if he's not going to sign up then I want us to do some business this window. I don't want us to get zero for him next summer and have weeks of "will he won't he sign" until he's announced. Or worse is announced in January and we spend nearly 6 months watching him knowing where he's off too. Every shanked shot, misplaced pass, or if he pulled out a tackle would be met with a "oh ffs McGinn, why don't you just go to Celtic Park now" people will pretend that won't happen but it will.

I love John McGinn and would rather we said goodbye to him now with something in our pockets to help us replace him than see us get nothing for him, or worse nearly ruin the love we all have for him.

Whatever happens I just hope we have a winning team on the park.

SirDavidsNapper
11-07-2018, 03:09 PM
I'm loving this. It was the same when The Rangers we're sniffing around Scott Allan. We are no pushovers under Dempster. Pay up Celtic or do one.

Gerard
11-07-2018, 03:12 PM
I am confident we will get the fair valuation for selling SJM

Vault Boy
11-07-2018, 04:17 PM
I'm loving this. It was the same when The Rangers we're sniffing around Scott Allan. We are no pushovers under Dempster. Pay up Celtic or do one.

Spot on. Feels good being able to trust the club in these situations nowadays.

Callum_62
11-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Can someone with more knowledge of how transfers transpire tell me why we have these crappy bids going in?

Surely celtic have an idea on what we want?

Surely there has been dialogue between tye clubs

Or does one club just bid blind?

madhatter
11-07-2018, 04:49 PM
Can someone with more knowledge of how transfers transpire tell me why we have these crappy bids going in?

Surely celtic have an idea on what we want?

Surely there has been dialogue between tye clubs

Or does one club just bid blind?

They want him cheap and are trying to force Hibs' hand. They think because McGinn only has 1 year left they can force us to accept scraps. Maybe they will increase their offer to a "scramble" next...

JohnM1875
11-07-2018, 04:53 PM
Think it's a big risk from Celtic. Seems like they aren't willing to pay what we're asking for and might be banking on signing SJM on a pre-contract in January. With all the rumored interest you can guarantee they won't be the only club to offer him a contract. And on higher wages as well.

bod
11-07-2018, 04:54 PM
By going public they’re pleasing their fans by showing their trying to strengthen their squad & also hoping that SJM will hand in a transfer request

weecounty hibby
11-07-2018, 05:00 PM
I'm slowly getting to the stage where if they don't meet our valuation we should keep him for the season. I'm sure he is professional enough to still give his all for us and understand the reasons for not selling. They are parasites who have fed off other clubs for years with this kind of crap. Every bit as loathsome as the Hun!

madhatter
11-07-2018, 05:03 PM
By going public they’re pleasing their fans by showing their trying to strengthen their squad & also hoping that SJM will hand in a transfer request

Most Celtic fans seem to want Celtic to stop bidding and then simply get him free. Most seem to think he is garbage as well and would be nothing more than a back-up player, similar to Christie and Allan. Most do not seem convinced he'd strengthen their squad at all.

That's precisely why Hibs need to get as much money as possible. Celtic fans thought Brown was rubbish and then he became their club captain, invaluable to them, bought from us again on the cheap. We need something in the region of 3m, they know it and they don't want to pay it.

I doubt McGinn would put in a transfer request. Hope I'm right.

hfc rd
11-07-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm slowly getting to the stage where if they don't meet our valuation we should keep him for the season. I'm sure he is professional enough to still give his all for us and understand the reasons for not selling. They are parasites who have fed off other clubs for years with this kind of crap. Every bit as loathsome as the Hun!

An English club might come in for SJM and meet Hibs’ asking price. That’s when Celtic will crap themselves and know if they want him, they need to pay the money we are asking for.

The Leith Dutch
11-07-2018, 05:15 PM
On the McGinn offers - at this stage you'd trust the club and Dempster in particular.

Either they're confident a better deal can be extracted from Celtic OR another club will come in with a proper offer (much like the scenario where we rebuffed the hun on Allan last time) OR they're willing to keep him for the season regardless of the cash.

I highly doubt the latter btw but they're either happy to do that or incredibly confident of one of the first two coming to pass.

What I strongly suspect is that this will be a complex deal, much as other more knowledgeable types have suggested, involving some cash, Allan coming the other way and quite possibly another loanee from Celtic. If some of the money is earmarked for MacLaren this could well be the single pivotal deal of our transfer window.

hibbysam
11-07-2018, 05:18 PM
Keep hearing that ‘because he only has a year left we won’t eat what we want’ etc, surely if Celtic want him right now then the length of his contract doesn’t matter. It only becomes an issue if they feel they won’t lose him between now and next summer, they have better in now so don’t need him etc. The fact they’ve come with a second bid tells me they really want him now, so either they pay up properly or they sit and wait a year.

11-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Straight swap for Maclaren?

Jones28
11-07-2018, 07:51 PM
The best outcome for Hibs would be keep McGinn for the year, have him sign an extension for a couple of years and then after another good season in the top flight JM would have his pick of the clubs next season

GreenArmy1875
11-07-2018, 10:03 PM
Best outcome would be English team buy him and loan him back to us for the season

Heisenberg
11-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Lennon has said we aren’t any closer to getting Horgan signed.

neil7908
11-07-2018, 10:46 PM
The best outcome for Hibs would be keep McGinn for the year, have him sign an extension for a couple of years and then after another good season in the top flight JM would have his pick of the clubs next season

To be honest I'm not really sure another season at Hibs would help John that much. He's already won a trophy, played a good few times for Scotland and had a season in the top flight. Unless we get to the Europa League group stage (very unlikely) then I just don't think there is much more he can accomplish with us that would make him more attractive to an English team.

As much as I'm desperate to keep him, I think it makes sense for his career to move this summer.

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 07:41 AM
I find it strange no English clubs have made a move yet.
3 or 4 million is sweeties for a player of his class I don't get it .

Brightside
12-07-2018, 07:49 AM
Straight swap for Maclaren?

😂😂😂

calumhibee1
12-07-2018, 07:53 AM
To be honest I'm not really sure another season at Hibs would help John that much. He's already won a trophy, played a good few times for Scotland and had a season in the top flight. Unless we get to the Europa League group stage (very unlikely) then I just don't think there is much more he can accomplish with us that would make him more attractive to an English team.

As much as I'm desperate to keep him, I think it makes sense for his career to move this summer.

Agreed. He’s not going to improve much if at all by staying here another year. Not that I’d be complaining though.

superfurryhibby
12-07-2018, 08:00 AM

He could set himself the target of playing to an excellent standard consistently, something he didn’t quite manage last season. I felt McGinn, for all his effort, didn’t always impose himself enough on teams.

As for English teams, who knows. I’m sure he would be a useful addition to any English championship squad right now. Maybe offers will come again ( Forest supposedly were after him last summer).

tonyrougier123
12-07-2018, 08:24 AM
if Celtic keep coming in with low offers they will miss out on a gem of a player!!,I'm sure he will be watched in tonight's game, and although it's still officially quiet from down south he will be high up on a few teams transfer targets for the summer,he should sign an extension to his contract if not. higher wage wee sign on fee an extra year,surely nothing to lose in doing that,?? I'm being too optimistic tho.

HibbyKeith
12-07-2018, 08:36 AM
For all we know a deal could be agreed and Hibs dont want to conclude it until the euro tie is out the way and we have completed our negotiations over Maclaren. I dont imagine the board fancy the goal posts being moved on them if Darmstadt find out we just recieved x amount for our star player.

Its all guess work of course. I just cant wait for the next couple of weeks to pass and we can finally see where we're at. Its like a will he wont he re-run of what we just went through with McGeough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

lucky
12-07-2018, 08:37 AM
If they don’t pay up he stays. In January he becomes eligible to sign a pre contract with anyone for next season. If I was SJM agent I’d be telling him to sit tight let his contract run out and have the pick of clubs willing to pay him £25k a week as a free signing. By being a free agent his next contract could set him up for life

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 08:52 AM
If they don’t pay up he stays. In January he becomes eligible to sign a pre contract with anyone for next season. If I was SJM agent I’d be telling him to sit tight let his contract run out and have the pick of clubs willing to pay him £25k a week as a free signing. By being a free agent his next contract could set him up for lifeYup and celtic Could then lose out the will be aware of that also

CapitalGreen
12-07-2018, 08:59 AM
Say we accept £2m now instead of the £3m we are after. Celtic will know that in the future they can bully us with lowball offers which we will meekly accept.

So maybe we will miss out on £1.3m (after St Mirren's cut) here but it could see us get a fairer price when selling other players in the future.

Sioux
12-07-2018, 09:07 AM
If they don’t pay up he stays. In January he becomes eligible to sign a pre contract with anyone for next season. If I was SJM agent I’d be telling him to sit tight let his contract run out and have the pick of clubs willing to pay him £25k a week as a free signing. By being a free agent his next contract could set him up for life

I think you're dreaming.

So far the English clubs are nowhere to be seen. That surely suggests they're not that fussed?

bingo70
12-07-2018, 09:09 AM
I think you're dreaming.

So far the English clubs are nowhere to be seen. That surely suggests they're not that fussed?

Or Mcginn's agent has advised that his clients first choice is Celtic so hang fire bidding until they see if a deal can be struck between Hibs and Celtic.

IMO that's the likely scenario, no point Derby/Birmingham or whoever negotiating a deal now if McGinn would prefer a move to Celtic.

Gmack7
12-07-2018, 09:11 AM
i know we paid st mirren a development fee.would we be due one if his contract runs down as hes under 24.or is it one fee only

calumhibee1
12-07-2018, 09:18 AM
i know we paid st mirren a development fee.would we be due one if his contract runs down as hes under 24.or is it one fee only

We wouldn’t be due one. It’s the club that brought him through and that’s it.

My_Wife_Camille
12-07-2018, 09:19 AM
Good question but I don't think we'd be due any development fee as he wasn't with us during the ages of 11-19

Found the rule here actually

F25.2 A Development Contribution is not payable where the Player concerned has at any time been Registered as aProfessional Player to the Club otherwise entitled to payment of aDevelopment Contribution;

J-C
12-07-2018, 09:19 AM

We paid a smallish dev fee and a promise of a percentage ( still unknown ) of any sale, if there isn't a sale at the end of his contract both us and St Mirren get nowt, remember they already got cash from us.

Speedway
12-07-2018, 09:33 AM
If Scott Allan plays against Runavik tonight, is that him cup tied?

jodjam
12-07-2018, 09:39 AM
If Scott Allan plays against Runavik tonight, is that him cup tied?

And if he walked into wrong dressing room is he League tied also?

Walter
12-07-2018, 09:44 AM
And if he walked into wrong dressing room is he League tied also?

He was spotted watching the World Cup so he’s definitely cup tied

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Or Mcginn's agent has advised that his clients first choice is Celtic so hang fire bidding until they see if a deal can be struck between Hibs and Celtic.

IMO that's the likely scenario, no point Derby/Birmingham or whoever negotiating a deal now if McGinn would prefer a move to Celtic.Not suggesting it does not go on but I think if the English clubs are interested they will deal direct with hibs and then try to persuade the player

Springbank
12-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Not suggesting it does not go on but I think if the English clubs are interested they will deal direct with hibs and then try to persuade the player

I'd much prefer to see SJM move down south than to be coming back to Easter Road in another team's jersey on a regular basis, season after season.

CentreLine
12-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Something that nobody has considered yet is if SJM and SA will be cup tied after playing for their respective clubs in Europe. Absolutely nobody has asked that question, have they? 🤔

Sorry guys. Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon of repeat question🤣

oldbutdim
12-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Something that nobody has considered yet is if SJM and SA will be cup tied after playing for their respective clubs in Europe. Absolutely nobody has asked that question, have they? 🤔

Sorry guys. Just wanted to jump on the bandwagon of repeat question🤣

I was going to ask, but I've become tongue tied.

oneone73
12-07-2018, 10:04 AM
What a bore this forum is these days.

MyJo
12-07-2018, 10:14 AM

He turns 24 in October so won't qualify for this by the time his contract ends next year.

MWHIBBIES
12-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Spot on. Feels good being able to trust the club in these situations nowadays.When have we ever not been able trust the club to get us good money?

I'm loving this. It was the same when The Rangers we're sniffing around Scott Allan. We are no pushovers under Dempster. Pay up Celtic or do one.We weren't pushovers under Petrie either?

keep the faith
12-07-2018, 10:24 AM
When have we ever not been able trust the club to get us good money?

We weren't pushovers under Petrie either?

Correct. LD has moved us on immeasurably but the tache always played hardball and got us the best deal too.

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 11:28 AM
What about offering john 300k signing on fee..new contract 3 million release clause job done

cabbageandribs1875
12-07-2018, 11:31 AM
What about offering john 300k signing on fee..new contract 3 million release clause job done

i have a funny feeling he's not interested in a contract extension...*ala Dylan McGeouch

imo take the money the west of scotland club are offering

*which makes me respect jason cummings even more

AgentDaleCooper
12-07-2018, 11:38 AM
i have a funny feeling he's not interested in a contract extension...ala Dylan McGeouch

imo take the money the west of scotland club are offering

which makes me respect jason cummings even more

Not trying to hijack the thread, but JC showed real loyalty to us, and i'll always have a great deal of respect for him.

cabbageandribs1875
12-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread, but JC showed real loyalty to us, and i'll always have a great deal of respect for him.

it's not a hijack tbf...it's 205 pages of mostly nonsense :greengrin

Vault Boy
12-07-2018, 11:43 AM
When have we ever not been able trust the club to get us good money?

I trust the club more in these negotiation situations now that Dempster is at the helm. It's not just about getting good money, it includes not selling to direct rivals, being steadfast when necessary and also ensuring the club comes first - even if that means keeping an important player at a key stage but receiving less money as a result. Scott Allan and the Rangers, for example.

Speedway
12-07-2018, 11:44 AM
Correct. LD has moved us on immeasurably but the tache always played hardball and got us the best deal too.

How easy is it to play hardball?

.Sean.
12-07-2018, 11:51 AM
What a bore this forum is these days.
Are you trying to say the really witty and really funny cup tied ‘banter’ isn’t funny as ****?

calumhibee1
12-07-2018, 11:54 AM

Yup. The guy is a Hibernian legend and done us a turn by signing a new deal after the cup win. I feel some people don’t appreciate him nearly enough.

keep the faith
12-07-2018, 11:55 AM

I'm not sure what you mean?

theonlywayisup
12-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Not trying to hijack the thread

Good one 👍

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Maybe another bid to come https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/2643fa9e84b385c16f4d0384fbceee91.jpg

Jones28
12-07-2018, 02:05 PM
Maybe another bid to come https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/2643fa9e84b385c16f4d0384fbceee91.jpg

**** off Brenda

Take your paltry fee and stick it - £2m and Scotty Allan and then we can have a wee chat

MyJo
12-07-2018, 02:12 PM

And more importantly is Leeann cup tied from playing hardball in Scotland after already playing hardball in Switzerland this summer :dunno:

Speedway
12-07-2018, 02:59 PM
And more importantly is Leeann cup tied from playing hardball in Scotland after already playing hardball in Switzerland this summer :dunno:

Now that's a point for discussion.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-07-2018, 04:01 PM
There should be a rule, no more than 3 bids for the same player from a single club in the same transfer window

That would cut out a lot of this low balling pittance bidding nonsense

HoboHarry
12-07-2018, 04:07 PM
How did you slalom to that conclusion?

Smartie
12-07-2018, 04:10 PM
How did you slalom to that conclusion?

It's practically the tobleronely conclusion he could come to.

HoboHarry
12-07-2018, 04:12 PM
It's practically the tobleronely conclusion he could come to.
Better watch oot mate - the anti-pun gestapo will be charging in yelling loudly into their matter-horns.......

seanoheimhin
12-07-2018, 04:14 PM
Better watch oot mate - the anti-pun gestapo will be charging in yelling loudly into their matter-horns.......

Consider the insanity of this forum that we need an anti-pun police. Long may they reign...

Dalianwanda
12-07-2018, 04:23 PM
Consider the insanity of this forum that we need an anti-pun police. Long may they reign...

done to death

Speedway
12-07-2018, 04:57 PM
done to death

Is continuing it a grave mistake?

SouthMoroccoStu
12-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Saw a rumour on social media (yes I know but here it is anyway)

McGinn to Celtic for an undisclosed fee with Allan to hibs and Bitton on loan

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Derby are apparently about to or have made 3 million bid according to media ..could make all the difference

bingo70
12-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Derby are apparently about to or have made 3 million bid according to media ..could make all the difference

What media?

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 09:35 PM
What media?Part of it herehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/91d922473ee56c272a42473d5d861e45.jpg

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 09:40 PM
What media?Different onehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/c4f288d245c11d0732b836a429e44fcd.jpg

Greenworld
12-07-2018, 09:50 PM
We want 3.5 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/a4d6a5cbe06143c5d11ff6f4bb7507c3.jpg

bingo70
12-07-2018, 10:01 PM
We want 3.5 https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180712/a4d6a5cbe06143c5d11ff6f4bb7507c3.jpg

Sure i read on here from one of our resident itk’ers we would be receiving not much more than £1m?

This is a far more realistic valuation and I’m pleased to see it appears everyone else is waking up to that too.

Lancs Harp
12-07-2018, 10:02 PM
We need Manchester City or a Chinese Club to get involved we'll get about £30 Million then. :wink:

Hibernian Verse
12-07-2018, 10:17 PM
How easy is it to play hardball?I've played softball at School but I have never played hardball sorry.

SirDavidsNapper
13-07-2018, 09:23 AM
I'd love it if some English side came in and gazumped Celtic. Would be their own fault for being cheapskates

The_Horde
13-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Sure i read on here from one of our resident itk’ers we would be receiving not much more than £1m?

This is a far more realistic valuation and I’m pleased to see it appears everyone else is waking up to that too.

That particular ITKer is well known for using guesswork.

CallumLaidlaw
13-07-2018, 10:08 AM
That particular ITKer is well known for using guesswork.

Well known to who???

Vault Boy
13-07-2018, 10:24 AM
I'd love it if some English side came in and gazumped Celtic. Would be their own fault for being cheapskates

This would be great. For John and the club.

xyz23jc
13-07-2018, 10:33 AM
Well known to who???

Only to those ITK amigo! :duck::greengrin

erin go bragh
13-07-2018, 10:55 AM
STV reporting this .

Every summer needs a transfer saga and this year John McGinn looks to be the chosen one to dominate headlines.
Celtic have had two bids rejected as they attempt to land the Scotland midfielder but Hibernian are determined not to let him go unless their valuation is met.
Now, it's emerged that the Easter Road want around £4m if they are to part with their main man and there are English sides reportedly ready to make a move. And with a heft sell-on clause due to them if a deal goes through, St Mirren are interested observers.

Diclonius
13-07-2018, 10:59 AM
So, is that our transfer ins at a complete halt until the McGinn farce is resolved? I would hope not, as we can't afford to wait.

CapitalGreen
13-07-2018, 11:00 AM
So, is that our transfer ins at a complete halt until the McGinn farce is resolved? I would hope not, as we can't afford to wait.

No it's not

bingo70
13-07-2018, 11:05 AM

Lennon has said he is looking to bring in another few players.

It must be a tricky one though as we can't spend what we don't have yet however it probably makes sense to wait and see how much we get for SJM as that could open up a whole different calibre of player that we couldn't afford just now.

I'm sure Lennon wants a speedy resolution more than anyone.

GreenOnions
13-07-2018, 11:07 AM
I've played softball at School but I have never played hardball sorry.

AKA: rigor dangly

matty_f
13-07-2018, 11:18 AM

No, we're much further down the line with Horgan than Lennon let on to the media - I'm not sure what the hold up is bit everything was thought to have been pretty much agreed with all parties but (I'm guessing) there's been a spanner in the works somewhere. Still expect it to go through though.

mayo hibee
13-07-2018, 11:33 AM
If the Horgan move is happening Hibs could do worse than look at Preston defender Andy Boyle who is available for transfer as well. The two players were the standouts at Dundalk a few years ago, moved to Preston together, made their international debuts together and both now seem to have stalled a bit in England.

We could do with at least one defensive signing this window and Boyle would be a quality signing that wouldn't cost too much.

GloryGlory
13-07-2018, 11:45 AM
No, we're much further down the line with Horgan than Lennon let on to the media - I'm not sure what the hold up is bit everything was thought to have been pretty much agreed with all parties but (I'm guessing) there's been a spanner in the works somewhere. Still expect it to go through though.

Have you heard any more about Maclaren, Matty?

matty_f
13-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Have you heard any more about Maclaren, Matty?

Nothing more than has been posted already, mate. Would expect it to happen but it's far from signed and sealed.

hfc rd
13-07-2018, 12:21 PM
Nothing more than has been posted already, mate. Would expect it to happen but it's far from signed and sealed.

Do you know who else we are in for Matty or is it pretty much dependant on how much money we receive for McGinn?

Stuart93
13-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Cummings joins Peterborough on a season long loan, can't help but think he should've stuck around for a bit longer

Hibeesmad
13-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Cummings joins Peterborough on a season long loan, can't help but think he should've stuck around for a bit longer

Peterborough owner saying he cost Nottingham Forest over a million pound

bingo70
13-07-2018, 03:08 PM

I'm sure his bank balance is a lot healthier than it would have been had he stayed and if he did stay i'm not totally convinced he'd have won that much better a move.

Peterborough would seem a pretty decent club for him i'd have thought, i'm pleased i can get back to liking him again.

jacomo
13-07-2018, 03:08 PM
If the Horgan move is happening Hibs could do worse than look at Preston defender Andy Boyle who is available for transfer as well. The two players were the standouts at Dundalk a few years ago, moved to Preston together, made their international debuts together and both now seem to have stalled a bit in England.

We could do with at least one defensive signing this window and Boyle would be a quality signing that wouldn't cost too much.

If he’s a centre back then I really can’t see that being a priority for us.

Stuart93
13-07-2018, 03:19 PM
I'm sure his bank balance is a lot healthier than it would have been had he stayed and if he did stay i'm not totally convinced he'd have won that much better a move.

Peterborough would seem a pretty decent club for him i'd have thought, i'm pleased i can get back to liking him again.

Moneywise yes, career trajectories going down the way.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 03:27 PM
Moneywise yes, career trajectories going down the way.

If he stayed with us for another year i'm not sure he would have got a move to a bigger club than Nottingham Forest but he would have lost out on a good few thousand pound a week.

He will also point to getting to play for Rangers for 6 months as a positive, not something i could do though.

matty_f
13-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Do you know who else we are in for Matty or is it pretty much dependant on how much money we receive for McGinn?

Other than the names that are already out there not really mate, we've been looking at full backs on either side but I haven't heard that we're close to anything there.

Bostonhibby
13-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Moneywise yes, career trajectories going down the way.Definitely

weecounty hibby
13-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Now finding his level, and that's in no way meant as any kind of indication of him as a person or how I feel about him before we get into the haters/lovers argument. As a player he is limited and doesn't work hard enough to compensate for his limitations. He will have a career similar to Tony Watt imo.

Jim44
13-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Small fish in a small pool but he’ll be earning a decent crust. I reckon he’s reached his level and will stay there.

Michael
13-07-2018, 03:49 PM
Celtic have signed a guy called Armstrong Okoflex. Best name ever.

CropleyWasGod
13-07-2018, 03:52 PM
Celtic have signed a guy called Armstrong Okoflex. Best name ever.Will he plug the hole in the defence?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
13-07-2018, 03:53 PM
People went on about kamberi and maclaren being an upgrade on stokes and Murray. I think they were both an upgrade on Cummings too.

cabbageandribs1875
13-07-2018, 03:55 PM
Celtic have signed a guy called Armstrong Okoflex. Best name ever.

one Armstrong out, one Armstrong in

Wilson
13-07-2018, 03:57 PM

That's a stretch.

blackpoolhibs
13-07-2018, 03:59 PM
I really never saw the player some on here did, he did have a couple of very good season goalscoring wise, but as we saw with McLaren, to form a partnership with someone, you need better movement.

He's not really a team player, he lacks pace and he does not work hard enough. I could mention not being strong enough and i personally dont think he takes it serious enough.

He did score lots of goals, and if we could guarantee them again, i'd take him back, but i dont feel he has it in him to play in the top league in Scotland and score enough goals.

Hammer of the herts, cup winning legend, but for me we've moved on and onto better, well wanting better.

I certainly think Lennon wants better.

You cant help like him, he is a slaver when interviewed, but i do wish him all the best.

CockneyRebel
13-07-2018, 04:22 PM

Do the hokey cokey and turn............

Bostonhibby
13-07-2018, 04:25 PM
I really never saw the player some on here did, he did have a couple of very good season goalscoring wise, but as we saw with McLaren, to form a partnership with someone, you need better movement.

He's not really a team player, he lacks pace and he does not work hard enough. I could mention not being strong enough and i personally dont think he takes it serious enough.

He did score lots of goals, and if we could guarantee them again, i'd take him back, but i dont feel he has it in him to play in the top league in Scotland and score enough goals.

Hammer of the herts, cup winning legend, but for me we've moved on and onto better, well wanting better.

I certainly think Lennon wants better.

You cant help like him, he is a slaver when interviewed, but i do wish him all the best.[emoji106]right on the money.

truehibernian
13-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Great move for JC and one which he should have made last season rather than regress and go to The Rangers. If he really wants to progress he has to prove himself in England. Same as SJM for me. If Scottish players want to improve technically and physically then England is the place to be - up against better players, playing and competing in better cup competitions, in larger arenas. Only if our young players really push themselves and compete against the best will we ever qualify for international tournaments. Far too many take the easy (and comfortable) Old Firm route in my opinion.

SJM has done his 'apprenticeship' up here with St Mirren and then ourselves, same as JC did when he was with us. They really need to move and stay down south (or abroad) for a few seasons for their careers to flourish assuming they work hard enough at it - their bank balances will be boosted either way too. SJM in particular has all the attributes to succeed in a mid/lower EPL side (and beyond).

Stevie Reid
13-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Cummings is only 22 still and has scored 79 career goals. He has natural ability that can't be taught, and still plenty time to learn the things to make him a better player.

I wish him well and will watch his career with interest. Couldn't give a **** about his short term spell at the Huns, he's a Hibs legend whom I loved to watch when he was here.

Famous Fiver
13-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Despite many of the negative and critical comments on here he's not doing too badly for a laddie who, correct me if I am wrong, was working as a Council gardener 3/4 years ago.

I personally think he has done well and I wish him all the best.

BegbieHSC
13-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Glad I can wish him well again, now that he’s left Der Hun.

Hope he smashes league 1! On ye go wee man!

madhatter
13-07-2018, 04:52 PM
People went on about kamberi and maclaren being an upgrade on stokes and Murray. I think they were both an upgrade on Cummings too.

They were. Kamberi and Maclaren were the best partnership I'd seen at ER since Riordan and O'Connor. Goal scoring rate, contribution to build up play and overall contribution to the team are their strengths, Cummings, Murray and Stokes were/are all guilty of poor performances and disappearing from games. Kamberi contributes to the team even when he isn't scoring, don't think that was something Cummings excelled at.

I may be wrong but I actually think Shaw is a bigger prospect than Cummings. Shaw, if he fills out a bit more, seems to have the height and strength to hold up the ball and win headers. He has also shown that he can be clinical. Early days but I think Shaw has a bright future. Shaw, F. Murray and Porteous all look very promising. Mackie at LB is another.

Smartie
13-07-2018, 04:56 PM
You cannot watch the "Time for Heroes" DVD and have anything but love for JC.

I'm glad his Ibrox aberration is at an end.

MWHIBBIES
13-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Stokes is far better than Cummings never mind Kamberi. We've definitely upgraded.

we are hibs
13-07-2018, 05:14 PM
They were. Kamberi and Maclaren were the best partnership I'd seen at ER since Riordan and O'Connor. Goal scoring rate, contribution to build up play and overall contribution to the team are their strengths, Cummings, Murray and Stokes were/are all guilty of poor performances and disappearing from games. Kamberi contributes to the team even when he isn't scoring, don't think that was something Cummings excelled at.

I may be wrong but I actually think Shaw is a bigger prospect than Cummings. Shaw, if he fills out a bit more, seems to have the height and strength to hold up the ball and win headers. He has also shown that he can be clinical. Early days but I think Shaw has a bright future. Shaw, F. Murray and Porteous all look very promising. Mackie at LB is another.

Shaw is still very raw imo. He has proven he knows where the back of the net is but I still think he needs to improve his overall play. I agree that he's slightly lightweight and hopefully bulks up a wee bit although hopefully not too much that it affects how sharp he is when shooting. I think mcginn bulked up too much last season and lost half a yard of pace. He tried to spent too much time shielding the ball trying to show how strong he is rather than doing what we done best in 15/16 and drive with the ball and that's when he was so hard to get off the ball.

Hibs90
13-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Seen we have been linked with Davide Marsura, Italian winger, 24 years of age, can play left and right side. Plays in Serie B

Might be nothing in it as it is Twitter so take with a pinch of salt.

bingo70
13-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Seen we have been linked with Davide Marsura, Italian winger, 24 years of age, can play left and right side. Plays in Serie B

Who’s twitter page?

Lots of reliable info comes from twitter.

erin go bragh
13-07-2018, 05:47 PM

6f 2 inch winger . Surprised that lot over at the PBS are no after him .

brog
13-07-2018, 07:06 PM
6f 2 inch winger . Surprised that lot over at the PBS are no after him .

He's too wee!

hibs supporter
14-07-2018, 02:06 AM
Seen on daily record that Adam Rooney maybe away to Salford city surely hibs should try and go for him think he would do well here

Cocaine&Caviar
14-07-2018, 05:31 AM
From last season they've lost Stewart, Christie and now Rooney. Leaving them with Srevie May as their only real striker (unless you include GMS). Not a great window for the Dons so far. Although im sure they have people in mind...

Ozyhibby
14-07-2018, 05:32 AM
Seen on daily record that Adam Rooney maybe away to Salford city surely hibs should try and go for him think he would do well here

Too old now.

CLASS OF 72 -73
14-07-2018, 06:10 AM

Has had his time which was not great, could not hack it down south and too one dimensional. He's about ready for Salford.

Cocaine&Caviar
14-07-2018, 06:35 AM
Too old now.

Literally just turned 30.

Ozyhibby
14-07-2018, 06:44 AM
Literally just turned 30.

Yip, but his movement is that of a 35 year old. He’s not what we or Aberdeen need. Could probably get a game for the yams.

SloopJB
14-07-2018, 06:56 AM
Yip, but his movement is that of a 35 year old. He’s not what we or Aberdeen need. Could probably get a game for the yams.

You study stool samples?

dunedinhibs
14-07-2018, 07:11 AM
You study stool samples?

I see what you did there 😂

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-07-2018, 11:37 AM
@AgentKevinITK claims former killie player Youssouf Mulumbu is in Edinburgh to finalise a move to Hibs

Not sure how reliable he is but would be a cracking piece of business. His twitter feed isn't exactly prolific mind you so could be BS

Heisenberg
14-07-2018, 11:40 AM
@AgentKevinITK claims former killie player Youssouf Mulumbu is in Edinburgh to finalise a move to Hibs

Not sure how reliable he is but would be a cracking piece of business. His twitter feed isn't exactly prolific mind you so could be BS

Another wind up account. Best ignored.

SeanWilson

What a signing that would be. He was miles ahead of the pLay at Killie. Great player.

Ozyhibby

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180714/a7885236cfad3a628b157f2b60c3719e.png

Callum_62
14-07-2018, 11:41 AM
Be cracking if so

Thecat23
14-07-2018, 11:41 AM

This guy is a complete fraud. He’s not an agent to start with he goes round the boards looks for rumours and he blocked me for calling him out.

Michael
14-07-2018, 11:43 AM
Wouldn't be keen on signing Mulumbu. Would rather risk signing someone younger with potential.

SRHibs
14-07-2018, 11:45 AM

I mean you could’ve tested the reliability by scrolling down for 5 seconds and reading the tweets.

This is a good recent one:

BREAKING: According to our Ibrox #Sources Graeme Murty was pinned to the floor by Rangers captain Lee Wallace and veteran striker Kenny Miller proceeded to bite Murty on the upper leg. We are hearing #Murty has seeked legal advice on the matter and he is looking to press charges.

SeanWilson
14-07-2018, 11:45 AM
This guy is a complete fraud. He’s not an agent to start with he goes round the boards looks for rumours and he blocked me for calling him out.

🤨 You've gotta wonder with some folk eh?! Attention seeking or what? Lol

SRHibs
14-07-2018, 11:47 AM
I have heard a whisper that we are signing Mulumbu. Can’t reveal my source.

SeanWilson
I mean you could’ve tested the reliability by scrolling down for 5 seconds and reading the tweets.

This is a good recent one:

To be fair, that Murty one is a belter 😂😂😂

Thecat23
🤨 You've gotta wonder with some folk eh?! Attention seeking or what? Lol

It’s really weird, I don’t mind any fans sites who post rumours to keep fans updated but this guy just posts utter crap. Silly wee laddie simple as that!

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Spin it as Allan's replacement rather than McGinn.

SeanWilson
14-07-2018, 11:50 AM
It’s really weird, I don’t mind any fans sites who post rumours to keep fans updated but this guy just posts utter crap. Silly wee laddie simple as that!

It's nice to hear tit bits from folk that know a bit like yourself, makes the summer a bit more interesting. Pretending to know stuff though... As you say, hopefully a daft laddie...

My_Wife_Camille
14-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Just someone having a bit of a laugh. One mans troll is another mans comedian.

It’s just 2018’s answer to T.V. programs like Phonejacker, Borat or Brass Eye where the guy gets unsuspecting ‘victims’ to react in a certain way.

Thecat23
14-07-2018, 12:30 PM
Just someone having a bit of a laugh. One mans troll is another mans comedian.

It’s just 2018’s answer to T.V. programs like Phonejacker, Borat or Brass Eye where the guy gets unsuspecting ‘victims’ to react in a certain way.

You’re prob right, I just find him weird!

Bostonhibby
14-07-2018, 01:00 PM
To be fair, that Murty one is a belter [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Agreed but phoney none the less, everyone who's anyone knows that Kenny favours Chinese burns☺

Heisenberg
14-07-2018, 01:05 PM
Bid accepted for Simon Murray according to the Sun. South African club.

bingo70
14-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Bid accepted for Simon Murray according to the Sun. South African club.

Can’t see anything on twitter, is that in the print edition?

B.H.F.C
14-07-2018, 01:16 PM
If we have accepted a bid for Murray we must be pretty close to getting something over the line for a striker or we’d be leaving ourselves short.

Iggy Pope
14-07-2018, 01:18 PM

You’re prob right, I just find him weird!

Careful. This silly wee laddie had to go the extent of blocking an adult that was hassling him online and continues to badmouth him elsewhere. Hostile territory there gadge. :wink:

Heisenberg
14-07-2018, 01:21 PM
Can’t see anything on twitter, is that in the print edition?

Nah, link below...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2930181/simon-murray-hibs-bid-accepted-transfer-news-offer/

Thecat23
14-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Careful. This silly wee laddie had to go the extent of blocking an adult that was hassling him online and continues to badmouth him elsewhere. Hostile territory there gadge. :wink:

I only asked him a question and told him he’s a fraud. Surely any sensible person could reply back to that? I didn’t even get a chance to harass him 😁

Vault Boy
14-07-2018, 01:41 PM
Nah, link below...

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2930181/simon-murray-hibs-bid-accepted-transfer-news-offer/

Strange, hope it goes through though.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-07-2018, 01:50 PM
If we have accepted a bid for Murray we must be pretty close to getting something over the line for a striker or we’d be leaving ourselves short.

Very short - almost Lewis Stevenson level short

If Simon goes we’ll need another 2 strikers

Heisenberg
14-07-2018, 01:51 PM
Strange, hope it goes through though.

I know, he’s had a couple of foreign clubs after him now. We must be confident of having another striker lined up if we’re happy to let him go.

Ozyhibby
14-07-2018, 01:52 PM

I’m sure that was always the plan. It’s clear Murray has no future here.

hfc rd
14-07-2018, 01:52 PM

I hope Jamie Maclaren is one of them!

Having said that though, we must be closing in on a striker signing if we are allowing him to leave. Would only leave us with Kamberi & Shaw.