PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Greenworld
07-07-2018, 10:50 AM
I would not want all the extras in a sell-on clause, he might do a Scott Brown and be there the rest of his career.

Better getting extras after say 100 games and/or a number of caps.Good point better get you at the negotiations [emoji38][emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Billychaotic182
07-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Scotty, scotty scotty, scotty scotty, scotty scotty Allan! Stevie, stevie stevie, stevie stevie, stevie Stevie Mallan

I can hear it now haha

jingler1954
07-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Kind of ITK like TC
Sorry I got the figures wrong it is £375,000 not £600.000 Should Happen next week.

ancient hibee
07-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Scotty, scotty scotty, scotty scotty, scotty scotty Allan! Stevie, stevie stevie, stevie stevie, stevie Stevie Mallan

I can hear it now haha

Understand Lloyd Webber is looking for a new lyric writer-can't see any obstacle to you.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2018, 05:59 PM
I’m reading that Rangers have 1st dibs on any Liverpool players that Klopp wants to loan to Scotland. On the other hand it may deter other clubs, like Man City to loan them players as well!

Hope he sends them some duds that were sent to Hearts over the years

Wheat Hound
07-07-2018, 06:37 PM
I’m reading that Rangers have 1st dibs on any Liverpool players that Klopp wants to loan to Scotland. On the other hand it may deter other clubs, like Man City to loan them players as well!

Michael N'Goo.....whit a player! Cemented the 'special relationship'

Craig_HFC
07-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Michael N'Goo.....whit a player! Cemented the 'special relationship'

Connor Randall last season as well. He was absolutely murder.

madhatter
07-07-2018, 06:50 PM
If McGinn doesn't play a significant part tomorrow can we assume he'll be a Celtic player before our Europa match? It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with starting line-up etc.

WoreTheGreen
07-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Connor Randall last season as well. He was absolutely murder.

Hopkirk will find the guilty party don’t worry

keep the faith
07-07-2018, 06:55 PM
Allan not even on the bench in Celtics game with shamrock. I wonder if the SJM move is close.

madhatter
07-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Allan not even on the bench in Celtics game with shamrock. I wonder if the SJM move is close.

Rumour it is, suggestions of 2.5-3m plus Allan. I'm guessing Allan will be a different "deal" though.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2018, 06:57 PM
If McGinn doesn't play a significant part tomorrow can we assume he'll be a Celtic player before our Europa match? It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow with starting line-up etc.

Celtic fly out to Armenia tomorrow, doubt they can tie up the deal before they fly

madhatter
07-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Celtic fly out to Armenia tomorrow, doubt they can tie up the deal before they fly

Unless it is pretty much already done with announcements all that remains. Who knows though, it certainly looks like McGinn will be gone within 1-2weeks.

Scouse Hibee
07-07-2018, 07:00 PM

Yes U23 and academy players, apparently trusts Gerrard to bring them on after his work as U18 coach at Liverpool. Not a bad link to have I suppose, still hope he fails miserably though :greengrin

flash
07-07-2018, 07:01 PM

He came on for Ntcham.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2018, 07:02 PM
He came on for Ntcham.

He wasn’t on their team sheet

SquashedFrogg
07-07-2018, 07:08 PM
Yes U23 and academy players, apparently trusts Gerrard to bring them on after his work as U18 coach at Liverpool. Not a bad link to have I suppose, still hope he fails miserably though :greengrin

Ultimately doesn't matter as Celtic will continue to dominate the currents and he'll be away before we know it.

Self-importance, ego and imaginary reputation will ensure he doesn't hang about.

"Shambles of a club" will be his final quote. Obviously with token spit-balls around his smouth.

Just a hunch.

J-C
07-07-2018, 07:09 PM

They don't have to, the agents can sign for their clients and club representatives can fly out at a later time.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2018, 07:11 PM
They don't have to, the agents can sign for their clients and club representatives can fly out at a later time.

What I meant was if they wanted him for their 1st leg, it’s too late

J-C
07-07-2018, 07:14 PM
What I meant was if they wanted him for their 1st leg, it’s too late

They can sign 2 players 24 hrs before the tie, the same as Europa league I presume, also I doubt they'd be desperate to get him in just for that, they should still win that tie comfortably.

madhatter
07-07-2018, 07:24 PM
They can sign 2 players 24 hrs before the tie, the same as Europa league I presume, also I doubt they'd be desperate to get him in just for that, they should still win that tie comfortably.

They will want to get it wrapped up before interest mounts, try to conclude the deal before they have solid competition to sign him. I think you are correct, they won't be concerned about the ties for them. The ties for us are different though, we need to know who we will have in terms of players. We cannot underestimate Runavik.

RoxburghHibs
07-07-2018, 07:35 PM

He was definitely a sub today

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-07-2018, 08:15 PM
I’ll miss singing the SJM song 😩

Hamish
07-07-2018, 08:23 PM

He was Billy. They subbed 10 players halfway through second half. Saw a video of Morgan scoring and SA congratulates him.

Billy Whizz
07-07-2018, 08:34 PM
He was Billy. They subbed 10 players halfway through second half. Saw a video of Morgan scoring and SA congratulates him.

Ok Hamish, thanks

Delboy4
07-07-2018, 09:38 PM
SJM to Celtic for £2m and Allan coming to the Hibs.

Also, Kansas City made a bid for Griffiths 😲 so he could be out the door!

The_Horde
07-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Sparky couldn't deal with Wolves. How's he gonna cope in yankland?

jodjam
07-07-2018, 09:43 PM

He will end up getting the Tin Man pregnant over in Kansas

greenlex
07-07-2018, 09:44 PM

Would his criminal record allow a working visa in the US? Best just come home son.

WoreTheGreen
07-07-2018, 09:46 PM

Wd 40 required

WestStandMoaner
07-07-2018, 09:48 PM

if he gets himself a straw hat and some courage I'm sure he will do fine over there

Eyrie
07-07-2018, 10:09 PM

No reason to doubt this given your track record, but that's at least £500k short of any realistic expectation from our point of view.

Delboy4
07-07-2018, 10:17 PM
No reason to doubt this given your track record, but that's at least £500k short of any realistic expectation from our point of view.

Just what I was told. I’m sure we are holding out for more. Got to remember that if Celtic hold out until January they’ll get him for nowt. I think £2m and Allan is not too bad, we have to watch what we do and the TIC know that!! Also, we can get a couple of add ons to the deal

Hermit Crab
07-07-2018, 10:28 PM

Is gambling legal in the state of Missouri? :greengrin

LeithMike
07-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Just what I was told. I’m sure we are holding out for more. Got to remember that if Celtic hold out until January they’ll get him for nowt. I think £2m and Allan is not too bad, we have to watch what we do and the TIC know that!! Also, we can get a couple of add ons to the dealIf Celtic really want McGinn, which appears to be the case, then I think they will be under pressure from their fans to deliver him now rather than next season. They've just taken in £7m for Armstrong and are looking at a huge figure for Tierney. I don't think their fans will accept them not spending that money to get the players in. I hope Hibs don't jump too early because I'm pretty sure Celtic have to get the deal done too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
07-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Seems fair to me. Allan is probably a million pound player and if we can manage to squeeze a decent loan out of them on top it'd be decent business IMO.

BegbieHSC
07-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Sunday Mail reporting that Petrie’s given Celtic a £3m ultimatum: pay up or **** off.

CropleyWasGod
07-07-2018, 11:19 PM
Sunday Mail reporting that Petrie’s given Celtic a £3m ultimatum: pay up or **** off.What would Petrie have to do with it? [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

stoneyburn hibs
07-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Sunderland have reportedly put a sizeable offer to Hibs for their gulls. Manager Jack Ross was unavailable for comment but a club source confirmed that he has no imagination and anything Hibs do can be gazumped by Sunderland.

BegbieHSC
07-07-2018, 11:36 PM
What would Petrie have to do with it? [emoji849]

IDK. Just quoting that’s what they’re reporting

pacorosssco
08-07-2018, 12:27 AM
Just what I was told. I’m sure we are holding out for more. Got to remember that if Celtic hold out until January they’ll get him for nowt. I think £2m and Allan is not too bad, we have to watch what we do and the TIC know that!! Also, we can get a couple of add ons to the deal

Hibs need a bid in from someone else to push up price

Haymaker
08-07-2018, 12:53 AM
Would his criminal record allow a working visa in the US? Best just come home son.

Charged and found guilty then it would be very difficult to get a visa.

Greenworld
08-07-2018, 06:28 AM

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkJust when you thought LD was in charge [emoji848][emoji848]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180708/6407ee6e805f392b2764a1decd64599b.jpg

Pedantic_Hibee
08-07-2018, 06:35 AM
Mailsport understands...aka we have no idea what we are doing. Effectively, what we don't know we shall just make up.

Greenworld
08-07-2018, 06:40 AM
Mailsport understands...aka we have no idea what we are doing. Effectively, what we don't know we shall just make up.Correct [emoji23][emoji23] or maybe hibs way of getting it out there 3 million and you will get permission to talk to our man..

The Modfather
08-07-2018, 07:25 AM
Does that mean the talk of bids from down south from the likes of Cardiff & Fulham etc we’re probably just nonsense? I thought I’d read they had bid around £4m. Can’t be the case if we’re trying to get Celtc to make us a realistic offer rather than saying match these bids if you want him.

Hibeewilly
08-07-2018, 07:29 AM
Does that mean the talk of bids from down south from the likes of Cardiff & Fulham etc we’re probably just nonsense? I thought I’d read they had bid around £4m. Can’t be the case if we’re trying to get Celtc to make us a realistic offer rather than saying match these bids if you want him.
I would imagine the reason we want to deal with Celtic is two words....Scott Allan.....If Celtic come up to Rods Price of £3m plus Allan then that's a great deal for Hibs

Greenworld
08-07-2018, 07:34 AM
Does that mean the talk of bids from down south from the likes of Cardiff & Fulham etc we’re probably just nonsense? I thought I’d read they had bid around £4m. Can’t be the case if we’re trying to get Celtc to make us a realistic offer rather than saying match these bids if you want him.Certainly looks that way but Hibs are so tight with info these days you never know.
Maybe just a clever move if we have not had bids saying 3 million is our price ..

The cat might know more

Golden Bear
08-07-2018, 07:47 AM

However, John Mcginn might just have a say in where he wants to go! It's not as if he's a lump of meat on his way to a cattle market.

flash
08-07-2018, 07:52 AM
It's all part of the game. Reckon he will be away by the end of the week and both clubs will be happy enough.

Greenworld
08-07-2018, 07:53 AM
However, John Mcginn might just have a say in where he wants to go! It's not as if he's a lump of meat on his way to a cattle market.LoL nice words players are like slaves traded off to the highest bidder by their masters ( agents)

Spike Mandela
08-07-2018, 07:56 AM
Having John McGinn stay at Hibs for the entire season might be worth more to us than 2 or 3 million.

John is a level headed lad and I think he will do what is right for himself whatever that is.

J-C
08-07-2018, 08:01 AM
However, John Mcginn might just have a say in where he wants to go! It's not as if he's a lump of meat on his way to a cattle market.

John will know his time at Hibs is coming to an end and he'll be looking at the best club and deal for himself. Celtic may only be one of his options, if a good decent club down south come in with a reasonable bid, he may decide to go there but as of yet I don't think anyone other than Celtic have made a bid yet, the rest are all rumours.

08-07-2018, 08:06 AM

Though he does call himself a meatball. :cb

https://www.twitter.com/jmcginn7

The Leith Dutch
08-07-2018, 08:08 AM
I would imagine the reason we want to deal with Celtic is two words....Scott Allan.....If Celtic come up to Rods Price of £3m plus Allan then that's a great deal for Hibs

One thing I find odd on here is how obsessed people are with the money Hibs receive in transfers.
Now I understand there's a connection between that and players we get in but the latter is far, far more important.

Let's say Celtic did get away with £2 million + Allan.
Objectively - yes, that's a steal and bordering on robbery.

But we'd get Allan and, regardless of what he's worth on the open market as a football player, his worth to us is huge.
We pretty much know what we're going to get - very probably the best creative attacking midfielder in the league outside of Celtic.
More than that a player who makes *our* team tick.

I'm not saying we can't get Allan and sell McGinn elsewhere for more money and I certainly don't wan't to sell to Celtic.
But I'd probably rather have Scott Allan than an extra million in the bank because turning that into performance on the pitch is a risk.

bingo70
08-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Absolute guesswork but I think one of the stumbling blocks will be the sell on % that St Mirren are due.

Imo hibs will likely want to pass that responsibility over to Celtic to pay who will then probably try to negotiate a lower fee now and a % of any future transfer fee.

The Leith Dutch
08-07-2018, 08:11 AM
Having John McGinn stay at Hibs for the entire season might be worth more to us than 2 or 3 million.

John is a level headed lad and I think he will do what is right for himself whatever that is.

I keep thinking that but then I realise it's a bit misty eyed.
It's not just 2 - 3 million but a likely sell on clause that could easily double that if he kicks on like we all suspect he might.

Hibeewilly
08-07-2018, 08:19 AM
One thing I find odd on here is how obsessed people are with the money Hibs receive in transfers.
Now I understand there's a connection between that and players we get in but the latter is far, far more important.

But we'd get Allan and, regardless of what he's worth on the open market as a football player, his worth to us is huge.
We pretty much know what we're going to get - very probably the best creative attacking midfielder in the league outside of Celtic.

I'm not saying we can't get Allan and sell McGinn elsewhere for more money and I certainly don't wan't to sell to Celtic.
But I'd probably rather have Scott Allan than an extra million in the bank because turning that into performance on the pitch is a risk.
I cant disagree with any of that.....Im a huge admirer of Scott Allans ability and what he brings to the team but from Hibs point of view McGinn is our prize asset and we need to maximise our return on him within reason

Spike Mandela
08-07-2018, 08:25 AM
I keep thinking that but then I realise it's a bit misty eyed.
It's not just 2 - 3 million but a likely sell on clause that could easily double that if he kicks on like we all suspect he might.

.....but what if we win the Scottish cup with him again? Qualify for Europa group stages?

I get the sell on clause thing but he might do a Scott Brown and settle at Celtic for life.

It’s all speculation I guess, but just saying you never know what’s for the best.

The Leith Dutch
08-07-2018, 08:28 AM
.....but what if we win the Scottish cup with him again? Qualify for Europa group stages?

I get the sell on clause thing but he might do a Scott Brown and settle at Celtic for life.

It’s all speculation I guess, but just saying you never know what’s for the best.

I vote for your version :)

calumhibee1
08-07-2018, 08:32 AM
Absolute guesswork but I think one of the stumbling blocks will be the sell on % that St Mirren are due.

Imo hibs will likely want to pass that responsibility over to Celtic to pay who will then probably try to negotiate a lower fee now and a % of any future transfer fee.

I’ve seen this suggested a few times, why would it matter who’s responsibility it is to pay St Mirren? If it’s us, we need to pay them whatever the percentage is. If it’s Celtic and they need to pay them then they would just take it off what they give us for McGinn?

calumhibee1
08-07-2018, 08:35 AM

I doubt John McGinns impact on the pitch would be worth anywhere near that. We won’t be that much worse a team if we replace him with Allan. Different type of team maybe, but not that much worse IMO. McGinn would have to single handedly win us a cup or drag us up to 2nd, into the Europa groups etc for you to argue he’d been worth that over a season. Unless he’s improved massively over the summer that won’t happen.

bingo70
08-07-2018, 08:35 AM
I’ve seen this suggested a few times, why would it matter who’s responsibility it is to pay St Mirren? If it’s us, we need to pay them whatever the percentage is. If it’s Celtic and they need to pay them then they would just take it off what they give us for McGinn?

That’s the point though, I think we’ll be looking for x fee plus Celtic to pay st Mirren.......Celtic will currently be saying, bolt, you agreed the sell on, you pay them.

The negotiations will be to find somewhere in the middle.

Ronniekirk
08-07-2018, 08:39 AM

Maybe L D on Holiday and Petrie having a bit of fun wynding Celtic up while she is away [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
08-07-2018, 08:44 AM
That’s the point though, I think we’ll be looking for x fee plus Celtic to pay st Mirren.......Celtic will currently be saying, bolt, you agreed the sell on, you pay them.

Or maybe it is the pay-off to Scott Allan that is holding things up.

Ronniekirk
08-07-2018, 08:44 AM

You would imagine Hibs would try and get that covered or as much if it as they can so we are left with decent wad to reinvest in the team
Be interested if St Mirren bring in a few players this week knowing what's coming to them

Spike Mandela
08-07-2018, 08:53 AM
I doubt John McGinns impact on the pitch would be worth anywhere near that. We won’t be that much worse a team if we replace him with Allan. Different type of team maybe, but not that much worse IMO. McGinn would have to single handedly win us a cup or drag us up to 2nd, into the Europa groups etc for you to argue he’d been worth that over a season. Unless he’s improved massively over the summer that won’t happen.

I would argue that McGinn is the first name on the teamsheet and the Hibs team is built around him. Yes there are many components to Hibs style of play but he is the driving force and our MVP.

keep the faith
08-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Great post. Exactly my thoughts too.

madhatter
08-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Without playing Whittaker or Bartley, our midfield would be verging on incapable of regaining possession. Not a tackle in any of them. Replacing McGinn with Allan will have an impact. We will be a worse team simply because we'd need some muscle in the middle of the park. Allan, Mallan and Slivka wouldn't work for me. Puts a lot of pressure on Slivka to defend. Even he hasn't shown he is solid in the tackle...

It's more than the quality of the player, it's also the balance of the team. McGeouch and McGinn sat quite deep to create and were in good positions to defend from. Allan and Mallan at the very least will be much more advanced. Gaping holes in the middle of your team aren't great.

calumhibee1
08-07-2018, 09:16 AM
I would argue that McGinn is the first name on the teamsheet and the Hibs team is built around him. Yes there are many components to Hibs style of play but he is the driving force and our MVP.

I don’t disagree with that at all, but we’ve got so many other good players who contribute so much. When you consider just how well we’d need to do to earn £2-3m I think you’d be looking at valuing his contribution to a £3m windfall at no more than about £500k say. The team getting us to a point where we earn £3m would mean that the starting 11 each on average earn us around £270k. Even if you valued McGinns contribution as double anyone else’s that’s still only £500k.

madhatter
08-07-2018, 09:17 AM

What if Allan gets injured? Allan is not worth a million so I'd take the money if we had good players lined up. Allan is a brilliant player but held to ransom by Celtic because they have a player we want...how much they pay us for Allan? If they are valuing him as more than that now I'd tell them to get lost. No matter how much we want Allan.

Hibeewilly
08-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Just seen this...….don't know if its been posted already but certainly interesting comments from Chris Sutton

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/08/chris-sutton-suggests-celtic-will-have-to-pay-5m-for-john-mcginn/

Hibbyradge
08-07-2018, 09:28 AM

In effect we would be paying £3m for a 12 month loan.

No chance should we do that.

The Spaceman
08-07-2018, 09:35 AM
Just seen this...….don't know if its been posted already but certainly interesting comments from Chris Sutton

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/08/chris-sutton-suggests-celtic-will-have-to-pay-5m-for-john-mcginn/

He is right though - £5m for what will either be A) another Scott Brown or B) a player who will go for mega bucks to the EPL if he does well at Celtic, is still a bargain. They could try wait until January, but unfortunately for them there are clubs down south this window who will happily meet our valuation. No need for us to sell him cheap - £3m, 10% sell-on clause and Scott Allan should be our minimum.

Greenworld
08-07-2018, 10:05 AM
https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-set-to-seal-3million-deal-this-week/

They seem to think it's more or less happening

Tobias Funke
08-07-2018, 10:25 AM

The typos in the first two paragraphs are ridiculous! Do these people ever re-read their stuff before publishing?

The_Horde
08-07-2018, 10:29 AM
The typos in the first two paragraphs are ridiculous! Do these people ever re-read their stuff before publishing?

Article of an idiot.

guthrie01
08-07-2018, 10:35 AM

Brendand Rodger :rotflmao:

The_Horde
08-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Brendand Rodger :rotflmao:

Branded Todger

Greenworld
08-07-2018, 11:43 AM
The typos in the first two paragraphs are ridiculous! Do these people ever re-read their stuff before publishing?Pmsl to be fair you right I'll take the rest though

tamig
08-07-2018, 12:12 PM

The deal is between Hibs and St Mirren. A third - if thats the right figure - of SJMs sale value from Hibs has to go to St Mirren. Its our issue to deal with.

The_Horde
08-07-2018, 12:31 PM
The deal is between Hibs and St Mirren. A third - if thats the right figure - of SJMs sale value from Hibs has to go to St Mirren. Its our issue to deal with.

Rod Petrie has previously dismissed this percentage. Said it's "nowhere near" that amount or words to that effect anyway.

neil7908
08-07-2018, 12:35 PM
Rod Petrie has previously dismissed this percentage. Said it's "nowhere near" that amount or words to that effect anyway.

One of the positives about SJM going is that we might be able to finally put to bed this enduring mystery!

Zazu62
08-07-2018, 01:01 PM
Don’t think the yams are signing Crawford

Heisenberg
08-07-2018, 01:04 PM
See Scott Allan has flown to Armenia with the Celtc squad.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-07-2018, 01:05 PM

Yeah, always thought the 33% rumour was fishy

The old St Mirren chairman came away with this to appease an angry group of villagers with fire and pitch forks

Diclonius
08-07-2018, 01:08 PM

With the abundance of AMs we have now, I would consider him as a replacement for McGeouch.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
08-07-2018, 01:10 PM

Imagine he ends up signing for us now haha

Heisenberg
08-07-2018, 01:11 PM
With the abundance of AMs we have now, I would consider him as a replacement for McGeouch.

Crawford is an attacking midfielder?

Hibstrooper
08-07-2018, 01:36 PM

Yeah but Hibs also scoffed at the talk of Cummings fee only being £500k and that proved to be the case in the accounts.

If we think that an opposing chairman may something to appease fans it’d be blinkered to think that ours wouldn’t.

jacomo
08-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Mallan replaces Dylan surely?

Slivka replaces SJM if he goes.

Scott Allan needs to hand in a transfer request or we look elsewhere!

bigwheel
08-07-2018, 02:25 PM

that ain't going to happen - they wouldn't have to pay up his contract if he did that...

Brightside
08-07-2018, 02:25 PM

Mallan nothing like Dylan

Haymaker
08-07-2018, 02:48 PM
When's Griffiths signing CatBoy?

Thecat23
08-07-2018, 02:49 PM

If only 😁

Bob Box Fish
08-07-2018, 02:51 PM
What’s the chances of hogan in before the European match?

Heisenberg
08-07-2018, 02:52 PM

Probably very low. Preston have said they want to give him a chance in pre season.

Wilson
08-07-2018, 02:54 PM

You never know. Perhaps if you say your prayers, take your vitamins, and drink your milk...

oldbutdim
08-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Yeah but Hibs also scoffed at the talk of Cummings fee only being £500k and that proved to be the case in the accounts.

I didn’t see that in the accounts.

Are you sure?

Bob Box Fish
08-07-2018, 02:55 PM
You never know. Perhaps if you say your prayers, take your vitamins, and drink your milk...

Two out of three ain’t bad....

Diclonius
08-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Crawford is an attacking midfielder?

Thought he was a robust CM?

brog
08-07-2018, 03:10 PM

If we think that an opposing chairman may something to appease fans it’d be blinkered to think that ours wouldn’t.

It's usually pretty difficult to accurately identify an individual transfer in the accounts. All incomings are grouped together & may be netted off against outgoings. A full fee may also not be paid, or appear in the accounts in one year.

BoomtownHibees
08-07-2018, 03:32 PM
Thought he was a robust CM?

Pretty much the exact opposite

Eyrie
08-07-2018, 04:51 PM
that ain't going to happen - they wouldn't have to pay up his contract if he did that...

I think that's the fairest way to set a fee for Allan. Although he's valuable to us, the lack of any interest from elsewhere (even Jack Ross) means that Celtc don't have a strong negotiating position. They could be left paying Allan's wage for another year.

So I think what will happen is that the fee will cover Allan's pay off. Let's say he's on £6k per week and we'll pay him £3.5k, so he'd be down £2.5k per week. We pay a fee of £125k which then covers the cost to Celtc of paying the shortfall. They're better off because they've saved his wage, we're better off because we've got Allan and Allan's better off because he'll be playing regularly at the one club where he's been a success.

It would also be a reasonable value to use when considering any payment due to St Mirren for McGinn. Very difficult for them to argue that Allan should be valued at £500k when there is no other interest.

The Leith Dutch
08-07-2018, 05:56 PM
What if Allan gets injured? Allan is not worth a million so I'd take the money if we had good players lined up. Allan is a brilliant player but held to ransom by Celtic because they have a player we want...how much they pay us for Allan? If they are valuing him as more than that now I'd tell them to get lost. No matter how much we want Allan.

Bit in bold is a daft thing to say. Any player could get injured.
By that logic we may as well only buy cheap players who are all equally ****ing beige so that there's no critical injury that can break the team.

Only point I'm making is we could sell McGinn for 5 million but if we fail to get the right players in then it's nuts.

Not saying we should be "held to ransom".....simply making the point that having slightly more money in the bank is pointless if we don't have players that deliver on the park. Allan isn't worth a million on the open market - you're bang on - but I stand by what I said - I'd prefer to have him than a million more for McGinn and gambling on another main playmaker. Only my opinion of course ;)

hibbysam
08-07-2018, 06:11 PM

Doesn’t mean that’s what will happen however. If Celtic really want SJM then it’s a decent negotiating position for Hibs.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2018, 06:31 PM

He was at ER this afternoon, so you never know😄

bingo70
08-07-2018, 06:47 PM
He was at ER this afternoon, so you never know😄

Underscore will be pleased 😉

Del Boy
08-07-2018, 07:26 PM
I think Crawford would be a decent signing for us, still relatively young, scored lot of goals from midfield in a team who’s been struggling for years

Brightside
08-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Underscore will be pleased 😉

We can’t afford him. Doesn’t stop us asking. And we have asked. SJM not gone yet. He hasn’t said his goodbyes tonight. So more chat to happen.

AlbertK86
08-07-2018, 07:40 PM
We can’t afford him. Doesn’t stop us asking. And we have asked. SJM not gone yet. He hasn’t said his goodbyes tonight. So more chat to happen.

Can’t see it but if we are at least asking it shows the level we are aiming at.

Any further rumours re Gary Hooper or the signing that was going to add a further 2k season tickets.

I know it wasn’t you that posted this Underscore just wondering what your take is or anybody else’s updates for that matter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brightside
08-07-2018, 07:41 PM

Any further rumours re Gary Hooper or the signing that was going to add a further 2k season tickets.

I know it wasn’t you that posted this Underscore just wondering what your take is or anybody else’s updates for that matter.

No chat on Hooper. Jimmy Mac is coming back

Billy Whizz
08-07-2018, 07:42 PM

When is he coming back...

AlbertK86
08-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Cheers Martha .... good news as we missed his movement pace and poaching instincts today

hfc rd
08-07-2018, 07:53 PM

Thanks for the update. Do you know if Maclaren will be back in time for the Runavík tie? I’m sure an extra player can be registered as a late deadline 24 hours before. What about other players like Horgan & Barker? Allan will probably depend on the SJM deal.

Steviep73
08-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Seen nir bitton at the game today any link?

Callum_62
08-07-2018, 07:58 PM

Now that would be a signing

Billy Whizz
08-07-2018, 08:01 PM

He was with Rocky and family. Probably just a we date out, as he’s injured again

Steviep73
08-07-2018, 08:02 PM
Now that would be a signing

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWhy would he be at Paul Hanlons testimonial?

Steviep73
08-07-2018, 08:04 PM
He was with Rocky and family. Probably just a we date out, as he’s injured againBoth injured..maybe

The Modfather
08-07-2018, 08:09 PM

Did he stay to the end?

Billy Whizz
08-07-2018, 08:10 PM
Both injured..maybe

Yes, Rocky and Bitton are both injured

Brightside
08-07-2018, 08:11 PM
Did he stay to the end?

Yes. He applauded. 👍

jacomo
08-07-2018, 08:13 PM

I think this was from a Jambo lurker.

Extra 2k season tickets is the last thing we need!

:wink:

overdrive
08-07-2018, 08:14 PM

He’s a regular at ER with Rocky’s missus when he’s not playing.

hfc rd
08-07-2018, 08:17 PM
He’s a regular at ER with Rocky’s missus when he’s not playing.

Can’t blame him. I’d happily have my season ticket next to hers.

Sammy7nil
08-07-2018, 08:18 PM

Sung by Martha and the Vandellas ?

bingo70
08-07-2018, 08:40 PM

Notice Bitton has the same agent as Ambrose and Marciano.

When we signed Marciano it was apparently down to Lennons relationship with his agent who had given him a few players to sign when he was at Celtic.

Billy Whizz
08-07-2018, 08:44 PM
Notice Bitton has the same agent as Ambrose and Marciano.

When we signed Marciano it was apparently down to Lennons relationship with his agent who had given him a few players to sign when he was at Celtic.

Don’t think all is well with Bitton at Celtic, think he’s currently injured also.
Doesn’t mean we are in for him though

Iain G
08-07-2018, 08:45 PM
Don’t think all is well with Bitton at Celtic, think he’s currently injured also.

What sort of player is he? Would he drop into the McGinn or Matty Jack roles?

Ozyhibby
08-07-2018, 08:46 PM

He would be a great replacement for Dylan.

bingo70
08-07-2018, 08:46 PM

If we’re looking for a loan as a makeweight in a swap for Mcginn though then he would fit the bill perfectly as a replacement for Mcgeouch.

Tbf I’m basing that on his pedigree, position and what I can take from
Wikipedia, I don’t actually know much about him.

I do think that guy being his agent could only help us though.

Smartie
08-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Does he not come to watch us reasonably often?

I remember him being at a game before and being a bit surprised by it.

flash
08-07-2018, 09:17 PM
Horgan next.

Heisenberg
08-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Hibs’ move for Preston North End’s Daryl Horgan is close to being finalised according to assistant boss Garry Parker.

The Irish winger has been linked with a move to Easter Road for a wee while now and Parker confirmed it’s not far off speaking to the press after Paul Hanlon’s testimonial earlier today.

Hibs are confident they can get the 25-year-old in before the Europa League signing deadline on Thursday.

Latest from the DR. Not sure what deadline they are on about though? The games on Thursday, so is there another deadline until then to get extra players in?

JimBHibees
08-07-2018, 09:20 PM
He would be a great replacement for Dylan.

Agree builds up the play well. Good positional sense.

JimBHibees
08-07-2018, 09:21 PM
Hibs’ move for Preston North End’s Daryl Horgan is close to being finalised according to assistant boss Garry Parker.

The Irish winger has been linked with a move to Easter Road for a wee while now and Parker confirmed it’s not far off speaking to the press after Paul Hanlon’s testimonial earlier today.

Hibs are confident they can get the 25-year-old in before the Europa League signing deadline on Thursday.

Latest from the DR. Not sure what deadline they are on about though? The games on Thursday, so is there another deadline until then to get extra players in?

Midnight the day before I think.

Stuart93
08-07-2018, 09:21 PM

Sure there's maybe a deadline at midnight the night before or something to register 2 "wild cards"

tamig
08-07-2018, 09:22 PM

Which is why I added “if that’s the right figure.” I don’t think any of us know the true figure.

CapitalGreen
08-07-2018, 09:35 PM

11pm Wednesday night (Midnight CET) to add 2 extra players.

GloryGlory
09-07-2018, 06:26 AM

The quote from GP was more about "hoping" to get something done. Nothing to suggest that anything was actually agreed and set to be completed. Typical DR speculation based on very little evidence, IMO.

Heisenberg
09-07-2018, 06:26 AM
I don’t really know where the DR got that from now...the EEN has actually quoted Parker as saying he doesn’t know where we are with a move for Horgan but we have shown an interest and will see how it develops over the next few days. Hardly the “close to being finalised” that they went with.

calumhibee1
09-07-2018, 06:34 AM
No idea if there’s anything in the Bitton rumours but he would be an improvement on Dylan IMO. Which would be a huge surprise.

Col_0762
09-07-2018, 07:22 AM
No idea if there’s anything in the Bitton rumours but he would be an improvement on Dylan IMO. Which would be a huge surprise.

Is Bitton not out till the new year or something? Sure I either read or seen something with Rodgers saying he was injured.

3pm
09-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Bitton is injured.

And I doubt it’s true.

Souter96Mac
09-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Would take Bitton. Not sure, even if fit, if he's part of Rodgers plans

Michael
09-07-2018, 08:03 AM
Never really been particularly impressed by Biton. But, I wasn't sure about Efe and he's done well.

Ozyhibby
09-07-2018, 09:05 AM
Never really been particularly impressed by Biton. But, I wasn't sure about Efe and he's done well.

I take Ozyhibby jnr to some of their European games if it’s a top team and I watched him play against Juventus a few years back and he looked the best player on the pitch that night.

Centre Hawf
09-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Absolutely no chance in Biton coming to Hibs.

BegbieHSC
09-07-2018, 09:39 AM
We need players ready to hit the ground running, esp. with the Euro qualifiers. Rodgers said Biton wouldn’t be fit to September at the earliest, so not for me.

My_Wife_Camille
09-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Bitton was definitely at the game yesterday but as mentioned already he quite often goes to Hibs games as he’s very close to Rocky. Sparky was there too but I doubt we’ll see either playing for Hibs

J-C
09-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Bitton was definitely at the game yesterday but as mentioned already he quite often goes to Hibs games as he’s very close to Rocky. Sparky was there too but I doubt we’ll see either playing for Hibs

Is Griffiths still injured? surprised he's not with the Celtic squad.

Centre Hawf
09-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Is Griffiths still injured? surprised he's not with the Celtic squad.

Think they're probably heading off today so maybe had a day off. Rodgers has done this recently where the team don't actually travel until quite late before a game.

J-C
09-07-2018, 10:50 AM
Think they're probably heading off today so maybe had a day off. Rodgers has done this recently where the team don't actually travel until quite late before a game.

Not gonna post a link to the Sun but here's the headline

Celtic stars James Forrest, Kieran Tierney, Odsonne Edouard and Kristoffer Ajer all aboard flight to Armenia to begin Champions League journey
There was no sign of Marvin Compper and Leigh Griffiths, who are both injury doubts for the tie after missing trip to Ireland.

There was no sign of either Marvin Compper and Leigh Griffiths, who are both injury doubts for the tie after missing trip to Ireland

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 10:52 AM

Celtic team flew out yesterday.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2018, 11:04 AM
Not gonna post a link to the Sun but here's the headline

Celtic stars James Forrest, Kieran Tierney, Odsonne Edouard and Kristoffer Ajer all aboard flight to Armenia to begin Champions League journey
There was no sign of Marvin Compper and Leigh Griffiths, who are both injury doubts for the tie after missing trip to Ireland.

There was no sign of either Marvin Compper and Leigh Griffiths, who are both injury doubts for the tie after missing trip to Ireland

Told SA is there also

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 11:08 AM
Told SA is there also

He is

Centre Hawf
09-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Celtic team flew out yesterday.

Apologies, didn't realise they already left.

Danderhall Hibs
09-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Told SA is there also

You got sources again?

Bad Habits
09-07-2018, 12:28 PM
You got sources again?

He's tagged himself in Armenia on his story on Instagram.

HibeeSS0762
09-07-2018, 12:29 PM
You got sources again?

His Instagram account. He put a story up with Scott Sinclair on the plane.

Danderhall Hibs
09-07-2018, 12:35 PM

Cheers so someone “told” TQM what was on SAs instagram. :hilarious

Zazu62
09-07-2018, 12:59 PM
Still 5 players short for me. 2 CMs, a winger and 2 strikers

IWasThere2016
09-07-2018, 01:07 PM
You got sources again?

Yup.. got them just for you

Greenworld
09-07-2018, 01:49 PM
This window was never going to be easy he'll of a job

J-C
09-07-2018, 01:51 PM
You got sources again?

He's in the front of the pic in that headline I posted, it's a pic of the on the plane, he's looking very happy with himself.

Also another story in the Sun about Allan loving his time at Celtic, I just wonder if Rodgers has said the slate is clean and giving him a chance to prove himself, maybe puts some doubt into him coming back if he's going to finally get game time there.

calumhibee1
09-07-2018, 01:57 PM
He's in the front of the pic in that headline I posted, it's a pic of the on the plane, he's looking very happy with himself.

Also another story in the Sun about Allan loving his time at Celtic, I just wonder if Rodgers has said the slate is clean and giving him a chance to prove himself, maybe puts some doubt into him coming back if he's going to finally get game time there.

Can’t blame Scotty for having confidence in himself if he’s been told he may get a chance, but I’d be stunned if he got into their team ahead of Rogic, McGregor, Sinclair, Forrest.. even Christie seems more highly rated by Rodgers.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2018, 02:06 PM

:troll:

Danderhall Hibs
09-07-2018, 02:09 PM
:troll:

I’m told some people think that’s a bit harsh.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2018, 02:32 PM
WTF are you on about erse :confused:

No need for that.

You have missed the point of DH's comment - and my reply.

bingo70
09-07-2018, 02:33 PM
WTF are you on about erse :confused:

I think he's on about Danderhall Hibs :wink:

That's not to say he's not an erse, he may well be, but not for the reason you think just now.

J-C
09-07-2018, 02:37 PM
No need for that.

You have missed the point of DH's comment - and my reply.

Fair enough but you quoted the 3 of us and did the troll emoji, thought you were meaning us :greengrin Apologies if I misunderstood :thumbsup:

This is where a forum post can be easily misconstrued.

IWasThere2016
09-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Fair enough but you quoted the 3 of us and did the troll emoji, thought you were meaning us :greengrin Apologies if I misunderstood :thumbsup:

This is where a forum post can be easily misconstrued.

:aok: I'd hate to really upset you :greengrin

OxoHibby
09-07-2018, 02:46 PM
We need players ready to hit the ground running, esp. with the Euro qualifiers. Rodgers said Biton wouldn’t be fit to September at the earliest, so not for me.

Lennon needs to plan for thw whole season. If Bitton is fit in September and improves the team he has pretty much the whole season to help us win the cup and get back into Europe

JimboHibs
09-07-2018, 02:54 PM
Lennon needs to plan for thw whole season. If Bitton is fit in September and improves the team he has pretty much the whole season to help us win the cup and get back into Europe

Where's this Bitton chat coming from 😂😂😂

Billy Whizz
09-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Where's this Bitton chat coming from 😂😂😂

Because he was at the game yesterday, with Rocky

hibbysam
09-07-2018, 02:56 PM

Can we stop chatting about Nir Bitton, he is not coming to hibs. He was there with Rocky yesterday watching a game of football all A’s he is injured and not away to the champions league game.

Hermit Crab
09-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Tony Watt signs for St Johnstone.

SquashedFrogg
09-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Can we stop chatting about Nir Bitton, he is not coming to hibs. He was there with Rocky yesterday watching a game of football all A’s he is injured and not away to the champions league game.

Chat about anything we like my friend.

Hibernian Verse
09-07-2018, 03:28 PM

"Scotland Striker Tony Watt" to give him his full title as per BBC. I must've missed the games since 2016 that make him a current international.

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 03:34 PM
"Scotland Striker Tony Watt" to give him his full title as per BBC. I must've missed the games since 2016 that make him a current international.

I went to Benidorm in 2007 with the lads. Makes me an international jet setter to this day.

Smartie
09-07-2018, 03:42 PM
I went to Benidorm in 2007 with the lads. Makes me an international jet setter to this day.

I went to Lloret de Mar with the lads in 1995.

I'd like to think that I'm no longer a repulsive sex tourist.

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 03:45 PM

😂

JimboHibs
09-07-2018, 04:18 PM

I went to Maila in 1996 I'm just glad mobile phones & social media weren't the fad back then 🤣

Nicho87
09-07-2018, 04:47 PM
England won the world cup 1966 and their still reigning champions

The_Horde
09-07-2018, 04:48 PM
England won the world cup 1966 and their still reigning champions

To be fair we won the Scottish in 2016 and we're still the reigning champs.

Michael
09-07-2018, 05:17 PM

How does this guy keep getting clubs?

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 05:23 PM
In a Binn, right where he belongs.

ancient hibee
09-07-2018, 05:25 PM
In a Binn, right where he belongs.

Vaaaaairy interesting but mystifying.

Greencore
09-07-2018, 05:36 PM
How does this guy keep getting clubs?

they must like his film reviews on YouTube.

SRHibs
09-07-2018, 05:40 PM
they must like his film reviews on YouTube.

Looks like it’s thriving: https://www.watttowatch.co.uk/television/

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 05:57 PM
To be fair Watt has made a career on the back of one goal against Barca. Fair play to the lad as in my opinion he's a poor mans Mark Burchill.

Smartie
09-07-2018, 06:13 PM
I see Malinkovic has joined Hull.

The only signing Hearts made this summer that I was impressed by and he didn't even end up going to them.

weecounty hibby
09-07-2018, 06:18 PM

The only signing Hearts made this summer that I was impressed by and he didn't even end up going to them.

Wonder if he still hates Hibs?

hfc rd
09-07-2018, 06:21 PM

They agreed a fee with Genoa but his wage demands were too high.

Is It On....
09-07-2018, 06:25 PM

The real Lads (from Macc) are playing the Liquid Rooms on 16th November 😉

bingo70
09-07-2018, 06:37 PM

I thought he was pish

Big_Franck
09-07-2018, 06:43 PM
I thought he was pish

So did I. He wasn't even a starter a lot of the time in a rank Levein hertz side. I'd not have been worried in the slightest had he signed for them.

Slow news day for us. Rumours and news seem to have dried up so we've put 2 and 2 together with Bitton and got 7.

Greenworld
09-07-2018, 07:01 PM
Maybe mcginn is going to run down his contract

Zazu62
09-07-2018, 07:02 PM

Does that mean we won’t get Allan?

HoboHarry
09-07-2018, 07:09 PM

And this would be in preference to playing at a bigger club with bigger wages and possibly Champions League football?

mcfly
09-07-2018, 07:12 PM

Won’t happen

John Mcginn in my view appreciates the hard work done at St Mirren and hibs to improve his career

He will want both clubs to benefit from his transfer to whom ever it is to.

bod
09-07-2018, 07:12 PM
Does that mean we won’t get Allan?

Think Allen has a year left as well

Danderhall Hibs
09-07-2018, 07:28 PM
Think Allen has a year left as well

Been told the same. :agree:

bingo70
09-07-2018, 07:30 PM
Been told the same. :agree:

I’m starting to get the impression you’ve not got much time for the itk’ers on this site 😜

GordonHFC
09-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Heard a wee snippet today that a deal has been done with Celtc but he will play on Thursday and will be away before the second leg.

jacomo
09-07-2018, 07:55 PM
Everton have ended their interest in Tierney apparently.

That might have big ramifications for other moves.

danhibees1875
09-07-2018, 08:08 PM
Won’t happen

John Mcginn in my view appreciates the hard work done at St Mirren and hibs to improve his career

He will want both clubs to benefit from his transfer to whom ever it is to.

He'll also know the hard work he's put in to help saints and, particularly, Hibs - at which point I don't see him taking the Hibs first attitude to his future some seem to expect.

I'm sure we'll come to an amicable agreement for all parties, but SJM should/will be putting himself first.

mcfly
09-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Heard a wee snippet today that a deal has been done with Celtc but he will play on Thursday and will be away before the second leg.

If a deal has been done as you say why would Celtic let him play -he may get injured

Sorry I don’t believe your source

bingo70
09-07-2018, 08:15 PM
If a deal has been done as you say why would Celtic let him play -he may get injured

Sorry I don’t believe your source

Think it’s perfectly feasible that a deal could be agreed in principle but our only objection is we don’t have time to replace him before Thursday.

If everything else had been agreed would Celtic really walk away on the basis of this one request? Doubt it.

stevie-bee
09-07-2018, 08:30 PM
Think it’s perfectly feasible that a deal could be agreed in principle but our only objection is we don’t have time to replace him before Thursday.

If everything else had been agreed would Celtic really walk away on the basis of this one request? Doubt it.
If he plays on Thursday is he not cup tied in all European games

Borderhibbie76
09-07-2018, 08:31 PM
If he plays on Thursday is he not cup tied in all European gamesNo and I think that question has been answered about 109 times already on this thread mate lol - rules have changed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

CapitalGreen
09-07-2018, 08:32 PM
If he plays on Thursday is he not cup tied in all European games

No

madhatter
09-07-2018, 08:43 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered but does Horgan play on the left?

Think that is one thing we need more consistently, the ability to play a wide player in front of both the LB and RB. Gray and Stevenson's crossing can leave a lot to be desired and this would take some pressure off them.

If we are not playing 3 at the back, we always seem to play an awkward diamond or 3 in the middle with Boyle wide right and then just a gaping hole on the left unless someone drifts out that way. We'd create much more if we stretched the pitch wider with 2 wide players with pace.

Edinburgh Green
09-07-2018, 09:04 PM
Sorry if this has already been answered but does Horgan play on the left?

Think that is one thing we need more consistently, the ability to play a wide player in front of both the LB and RB. Gray and Stevenson's crossing can leave a lot to be desired and this would take some pressure off them.

If we are not playing 3 at the back, we always seem to play an awkward diamond or 3 in the middle with Boyle wide right and then just a gaping hole on the left unless someone drifts out that way. We'd create much more if we stretched the pitch wider with 2 wide players with pace.

For his YouTube videos he certainly looks like a left winger most of the time. However a few clips show him cutting in from the right side.

madhatter
09-07-2018, 09:10 PM
For his YouTube videos he certainly looks like a left winger most of the time. However a few clips show him cutting in from the right side.

Hoping we get a left winger in, Horgan or otherwise. If we aren't playing wingbacks, Boyle out wide right and nobody on the left always looks strange for me. Even for the sake of having someone on the left side to retrieve the ball in situations of over hit crosses from the right...

SirDavidsNapper
09-07-2018, 09:30 PM
Wonder if he still hates Hibs?

Biggest faux love in with Hearts since Skatchel ripped the piss

Buc
09-07-2018, 10:40 PM
Umar Sadiq (Roma, striker) has just arrived at Edinburgh Airport, was picked up by a The Rangers driver. Looking at his Wiki page he hasn’t played to often or scored many goals in recent years.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-07-2018, 10:50 PM
Umar Sadiq (Roma, striker) has just arrived at Edinburgh Airport, was picked up by a The Rangers driver. Looking at his Wiki page he hasn’t played to often or scored many goals in recent years.

Kamberi was the same.

The_Horde
09-07-2018, 10:52 PM

Very highly rated at one point. Sure he's about 6'4

Oscar T Grouch
10-07-2018, 04:46 AM
Very highly rated at one point. Sure he's about 6'4

He scored a barrel load in Italian youth football but hasn’t managed the same form once in the senior teams. I think his goals in the U20s were mostly in the lower eschelons of Italian football. Very highly rated at youth level.

Speedway
10-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Quick question: Aberdeen and possibly even Hearts are playing with a bigger budget than us this summer and yet has either team signed anyone that you'd want at Hibs?

Billychaotic182
10-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Quick question: Aberdeen and possibly even Hearts are playing with a bigger budget than us this summer and yet has either team signed anyone that you'd want at Hibs?

Wouldn’t say no to Naismith if I’m being honest

calumhibee1
10-07-2018, 08:50 AM

Olly Lee sounds like he might be handy.

mayo hibee
10-07-2018, 09:01 AM
It's been relatively quiet on the rumour front the last couple of days. Is it safe to say at this stage that there will be no ins our outs this side of the first leg against Runavik or might there be any last minute transfers lined up before the pre-match deadline?

davhibby
10-07-2018, 09:04 AM

I would, what did he do over the second half of last season that stood out for you?

Hibbyradge
10-07-2018, 09:05 AM
It's been relatively quiet on the rumour front the last couple of days. Is it safe to say at this stage that there will be no ins our outs this side of the first leg against Runavik or might there be any last minute transfers lined up before the pre-match deadline?

I think you'll be safe if you say it.

Go for it. Go crazy. :greengrin

California-Hibs
10-07-2018, 09:06 AM

With you on that one

The_Horde
10-07-2018, 09:06 AM

Instead of... who?

California-Hibs
10-07-2018, 09:07 AM
I would, what did he do over the second half of last season that stood out for you?

Unfortunately scored the winning goal in the last Edinburgh Derby....that kinda stands out to me.

mayo hibee
10-07-2018, 09:08 AM
I think you'll be safe if you say it.

Go for it. Go crazy. :greengrin

I don't know if I'm ready yet... :greengrin

CapitalGreen
10-07-2018, 09:16 AM
Instead of... who?

Why does it need to be instead of someone? We need a decent squad to compete on all fronts and at present we are severely lacking strength in depth in attacking areas.

Greenworld
10-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Wish celtic would just get on with signing John mcginn then we can get real rumours of players coming in.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-07-2018, 09:25 AM

For the money he’s on I think you could get better

davhibby
10-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately scored the winning goal in the last Edinburgh Derby....that kinda stands out to me.

Good header, but he did little else in that game or any other game I saw to justify his wages. Not like he was scoring every week either. Wouldn't get in our team as it is right now and certainly wouldn't have been near it last season

The_Horde
10-07-2018, 09:29 AM
Why does it need to be instead of someone? We need a decent squad to compete on all fronts and at present we are severely lacking strength in depth in attacking areas.

Bit of an expensive back up player.

CapitalGreen
10-07-2018, 09:36 AM
Bit of an expensive back up player.

Probably, but the question was simply 'has either team signed anyone that you'd want at Hibs?'

California-Hibs
10-07-2018, 10:03 AM
Good header, but he did little else in that game or any other game I saw to justify his wages. Not like he was scoring every week either. Wouldn't get in our team as it is right now and certainly wouldn't have been near it last season

4 in 14 isn't fantastic by any stretch, goal every 4 and a bit games. The highlights I saw though usually always saw him involved and bringing others into the game.

I just feel he came in and was a bit rusty having not played for so long and with a full preseason it'll unfortunately do him the world of good. Think Hearts will be a bit strong in their starting 11 also,which will benefit him. Think folk also forget he's only 31. Time will tell and I of course hope he goes on to have a shocking season, but I would of gladly had him alongside Kamberi for this coming season.

Jim44
10-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Wish celtic would just get on with signing John mcginn then we can get real rumours of players coming in.

I’m also a wee bit concerned that there appears to be little interest from English clubs.

The_Horde
10-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Probably, but the question was simply 'has either team signed anyone that you'd want at Hibs?'

In that case then my answer is no. I'd rather hibs spent the same money on somebody we can develop and sell on in the future. Not someone who's legs will be gone in 6 months.

flash
10-07-2018, 10:16 AM
Been a strange close season. Hardly anything about us in the press and basically no inside info whatsoever.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Been a strange close season. Hardly anything about us in the press and basically no inside info whatsoever.

Whilst frustrating in some way, I've been impressed with how we've quietly gone about our business and flown under the radar so far.

We are just not used to it that's all, for years we gorged on an unhealthy diet of sub-par journeymen arriving regularly, predominantly towards the end of the window because we'd missed out on top targets and hit the panic button. That policy wasn't exactly successful.

I'm happy to remain patient and I think our squad will look a lot better by the end of July.

Sioux
10-07-2018, 10:19 AM

The way it should be.

flash
10-07-2018, 10:28 AM
The way it should be.

I agree 100% just feels a bit strange. We aren't even getting any crap rumours!

Ronniekirk
10-07-2018, 10:28 AM
I’m also a wee bit concerned that there appears to be little interest from English clubs.

If the original low Celtic bid was designed to flush out competitors and there are none that would be a concern as no real incentive for Celtic to increase offer by much
But according to some posters he only wants to go to Celtic So if that's true then they don't need to increase offer at at all
We get some money and Allan

Depends if Rodgers is desperate to bring him in this window But if not he can wait and get him on a pre contract Would think Allan is more important to us than McGinn to them this Season
But will see how this one plays out

Speedway
10-07-2018, 10:41 AM
If the original low Celtic bid was designed to flush out competitors and there are none that would be a concern as no real incentive for Celtic to increase offer by much
But according to some posters he only wants to go to Celtic So if that's true then they don't need to increase offer at at all
We get some money and Allan

Depends if Rodgers is desperate to bring him in this window But if not he can wait and get him on a pre contract Would think Allan is more important to us than McGinn to them this Season
But will see how this one plays out

Meanwhile, Ali Crawford heads off to Doncaster Rovers.

Big L
10-07-2018, 10:42 AM

It's possible McGinn has stated he wants to go to Celtic, that would explain the lack of offers from other clubs who might have been interested it also allows Celtic to make ****ty offers and ensble them to drag it out, knowing that McGinn's going nowhere other than Celtic. The upshot if true is that we're playing with a weak hand.

Smartie
10-07-2018, 10:42 AM
4 in 14 isn't fantastic by any stretch, goal every 4 and a bit games. The highlights I saw though usually always saw him involved and bringing others into the game.

I just feel he came in and was a bit rusty having not played for so long and with a full preseason it'll unfortunately do him the world of good. Think Hearts will be a bit strong in their starting 11 also,which will benefit him. Think folk also forget he's only 31. Time will tell and I of course hope he goes on to have a shocking season, but I would of gladly had him alongside Kamberi for this coming season.

He was playing in a hoofball side on a tattie field with pish midfielders.

Naismith wasn't brilliant last year, but I think he could still be a very good player with the right people around him.

It all depends on what they're paying him. If they've got a decent deal, he's a good player.

If they've really pushed the boat out then he's not.

I'd have been happy to see him at ER - at the right price.

ancient hibee
10-07-2018, 10:46 AM
It's possible McGinn has stated he wants to go to Celtic, that would explain the lack of offers from other clubs who might have been interested it also allows Celtic to make ****ty offers and ensble them to drag it out, knowing that McGinn's going nowhere other than Celtic. The upshot if true is that we're playing with a weak hand.
If he wants to go to Celtic he’d better prepare for long spells on the bench.I don’t see him being first choice against Brown,Rogic,Ntcham and McGregor.

J-C
10-07-2018, 10:48 AM
Not necessarily, if he only wants to go to Celtic, he will only be allowed when a reasonable offer comes in, I'd rather keep him and let him go for nowt than be screwed by that lot.