PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Summer transfer thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Since90+2
30-06-2018, 07:24 AM
That fee was pretty mad wasn't it.....too much money down there.....even when on top form, Naismith was never an 8-10M player

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In his prime Naismith was definitely worth 8-10 million though that was a good 4 or 5 years ago now. You don't score a hatrick against Chelsea if your not a good player.

Greenworld
30-06-2018, 07:44 AM
So the 1st July tomorrow and I think someone said a new tax year for hibs .
Maybe just maybe we will get some signings in now .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

bigwheel
30-06-2018, 07:52 AM
In his prime Naismith was definitely worth 8-10 million though that was a good 4 or 5 years ago now. You don't score a hatrick against Chelsea if your not a good player.

No one said he wasn’t a good player. But he has never really been a regular starter anywhere in the top league down there..it would have been a big fee for him at any time - it was over priced when it occurred

Still a decent player at our level. And will do well wherever he goes for the next few years

Big_Franck
30-06-2018, 07:58 AM
No one said he wasn’t a good player. But he has never really been a regular starter anywhere in the top league down there..it would have been a big fee for him at any time - it was over priced when it occurred

Still a decent player at our level. And will do well wherever he goes for the next few years

As crazy as it is you don't need to be a guaranteed starter to be valued at 8-10m in England. Players that are clearly going to be subs and squad players regularly go for far, far more than 8-10m.

Had hoped we'd finally see our squad start to take shape this week, especially with Lennon saying he wanted the majority of the signings in by w/b 18th June. We need to get the finger oot asap or we'll half ar$e the Europa League qualifiers again.

bigwheel
30-06-2018, 08:01 AM
As crazy as it is you don't need to be a guaranteed starter to be valued at 8-10m in England. Players that are clearly going to be subs and squad players regularly go for far, far more than 8-10m.

Had hoped we'd finally see our squad start to take shape this week, especially with Lennon saying he wanted the majority of the signings in by w/b 18th June. We need to get the finger oot asap or we'll half ar$e the Europa League qualifiers again.

I don’t think Lennon is focused of the Europa League - league placings seems to be the priority- think it will be end of the window before we see the full squad in shape. Maybe a couple Of signings prior to the euro games

We have signed well recently, so patience will be required to try to get the best we can for our money ....

The Leith Dutch
30-06-2018, 08:09 AM
So the 1st July tomorrow and I think someone said a new tax year for hibs .
Maybe just maybe we will get some signings in now .

I doubt the tax year has held us back on signings.
We'd surely simply structure the deal to start from 1st July if we needed the money to come from that year's budget are more to blame.

I reckon complexities around McGinn's situation and us needing to resolve our main two (Allan, Mallan) or possibly three (Maclaren) targets.
It sounds like we want Allan and Mallan but their current managers are not sure whether they want them themselves this year.

And if Maclaren is also on the list he's been at the World Cup obviously.

If those are the players we're after we probably won't be moving onto different targets until those and McGinn are resolved or until a certain point in the window is reached when we need to move on.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see us with players (and particularly the ones we want) in by now but I'd rather we got the quality even if it's right at the end of the window and we have a sluggish start. Bad as that would be it's better than having a Rowan Vine tying up a wage.

Ozyhibby
30-06-2018, 08:12 AM
I don’t think Lennon is focused of the Europa League - league placings seems to be the priority- think it will be end of the window before we see the full squad in shape. Maybe a couple Of signings prior to the euro games

We have signed well recently, so patience will be required to try to get the best we can for our money ....

Lennon and everyone else at East Mains is very much focussed on the Europa league. It’s the richest comp we play in this season and has the power to transform the finances of the club.
Nothing will improve our league chances more than doing well in the Europa league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
30-06-2018, 08:23 AM
Permanent signing [emoji23][emoji23]

You won't be aloan in reading that the wrong way. :wink:

Greenworld
30-06-2018, 08:24 AM
I doubt the tax year has held us back on signings.
We'd surely simply structure the deal to start from 1st July if we needed the money to come from that year's budget are more to blame.

I reckon complexities around McGinn's situation and us needing to resolve our main two (Allan, Mallan) or possibly three (Maclaren) targets.
It sounds like we want Allan and Mallan but their current managers are not sure whether they want them themselves this year.

And if Maclaren is also on the list he's been at the World Cup obviously.

If those are the players we're after we probably won't be moving onto different targets until those and McGinn are resolved or until a certain point in the window is reached when we need to move on.

Don't get me wrong - I'd like to see us with players (and particularly the ones we want) in by now but I'd rather we got the quality even if it's right at the end of the window and we have a sluggish start. Bad as that would be it's better than having a Rowan Vine tying up a wage.I agree on the mcginn bit you get the feeling when that is resolved the rest will fall into place .

Ronniekirk
30-06-2018, 08:29 AM

Well he said he is Targeting The Group Stages so unless he has revised that objective I expect signings to be made before the two Euro tiesEven if only one before trip to Faroe Islands

The Leith Dutch
30-06-2018, 08:34 AM
I agree on the mcginn bit you get the feeling when that is resolved the rest will fall into place .

:agree:

I think there are two aspects there - the possible merry-go-round with McGinn and Allan swapping clubs means that the guy who is probably our prime target being held up and then the money aspect. For all Lennon has apparently been given the biggest budget Hibs have ever given I suspect that the money we'd get for McGinn would significantly alter what we can do in terms of possible transfer / signing on fees.

I'll certainly feel a lot calmer if we have Allan in.
The intelligence of his play brings the players around him up a notch and he's the guy I'd look to for unpicking a stubborn defensive side at Easter Road.

I do also think that Slivka will be a big player for us this year and I suspect he may be taking one of the first choice centre midfield roles.
If, with a run of games, he can get consistently up towards the level he's played at in some of the matches (two Rangers games spring to mind) he'd be quite the player to have.

Jack Hackett
30-06-2018, 08:40 AM

Failing to see the point of concentrating on league placing to the detriment of our Europa campaign, when the prize for a good finish in the league is... a Europa campaign

sarah_hibernian
30-06-2018, 09:01 AM
https://twitter.com/IrishSunSport/status/1012979717685891072

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
30-06-2018, 09:10 AM

Was very highly rated before Preston. Would be happy to have him.

Barney McGrew
30-06-2018, 09:13 AM

That would be a decent signing. It would also mean Barker wouldn’t be coming back I would imagine.

Billy Whizz
30-06-2018, 09:18 AM
That would be a decent signing. It would also mean Barker wouldn’t be coming back I would imagine.

Is he a right or a left winger

Souter96Mac
30-06-2018, 09:22 AM
This is more like it, a decent rumour. The lad looks good, and done very well for Dundalk.

SChibs
30-06-2018, 09:23 AM
Who’s social media ? A reporter or general chit chat ?
Not doubting you btw

It was a hibs news type page. They usually just pick up rumours that are doing the rounds i think but I'm not sure where they got this one from.

Mango Man
30-06-2018, 09:26 AM
Would take Eoin Doyle of their hands as well, always rated him when he was here, probably a bit out of our range though.

Souter96Mac
30-06-2018, 09:27 AM
Would take Eoin Doyle of their hands as well, always rated him when he was here, probably a bit out of our range though.

Think he'd do well with Flo.

jonny
30-06-2018, 09:30 AM

Sunderland will probably be interested as well now... Jack Ross seems to be using Hibs scouts to do his groundwork just now

eastmainsmsh
30-06-2018, 09:38 AM

Would do well in our side

adhibs
30-06-2018, 09:46 AM

Not necearly. we lacked alternatives in the wide positions last year, would be good to have options/cover.

Juniper Greens
30-06-2018, 09:46 AM

I'm hoping Murray and Flo start together today. Would just be interesting to see the link up.
I'm aware it's just the Rosey Posey, but interesting none the less

Centre Hawf
30-06-2018, 09:49 AM

Have to agree. If Maclaren isn’t coming back I’d happily take a look.

southsider
30-06-2018, 09:54 AM
Would have loved to have seen what Barker would have been like when played thru the middle, playing off Flo. With that pace he could give defenders a 5 yard start and still beat them to Flo's flick on's.

matty_f
30-06-2018, 09:57 AM
Winger and a keeper still very much on the cards, Hibs hoped to have had at least one done by yesterday as pretty much everything's agreed so hopefully we'll have news before long.

bigwheel
30-06-2018, 09:59 AM
Lennon and everyone else at East Mains is very much focussed on the Europa league. It’s the richest comp we play in this season and has the power to transform the finances of the club.
Nothing will improve our league chances more than doing well in the Europa league.

actions suggest otherwise ...we will go into the games without our full squad assembled - I’m sure they will be 100 percent focussed and with desire to qualify through the rounds - but we won’t have the full quality in place by then - so as I say. Actions suggest otherwise ... I’ve no problem with that either - blackpoolhibs made some good points on this topic
- perhaps even on this thread ..

Stuart93
30-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Winger and a keeper still very much on the cards, Hibs hoped to have had at least one done by yesterday as pretty much everything's agreed so hopefully we'll have news before long.

Starting to sound like a recurring thing so far, let's hope so

Wondering if judging by rumours it'll be bogdan & horgan

DC_Hibs
30-06-2018, 10:00 AM
Would have loved to have seen what Barker would have been like when played thru the middle, playing off Flo. With that pace he could give defenders a 5 yard start and still beat them to Flo's flick on's.

He couldn’t finish a fish supper.
Potential to hide when clattered as he’s one of the biggest softies I have seen.

Seriously overhyped as is the norm from our support.

J-C
30-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Puskas, Messi & Maradona didn't do too badly for being very 1 footed. It is strange however that left footed players are always much more one footed than right footed players.

A wee bit different talent wise, Messi scored a decent goal with his right the other day. 😁

Heisenberg
30-06-2018, 10:03 AM

Hopefully the winger is Horgan. Although someone else mentioned an Italian player.

SouthMoroccoStu
30-06-2018, 10:08 AM
A pacy Irish winger that’s like Ivan Sproule on a motorbike.... sounds good to me

Big_Franck
30-06-2018, 10:09 AM

I wouldn't. He was bang average for us and liked a night out on george street. He found his level at English League One IMO and will play most of his football there.

Big L
30-06-2018, 10:11 AM

Who are you talking about ? ( not on twitter )

SaulGoodman
30-06-2018, 10:20 AM
He couldn’t finish a fish supper.
Potential to hide when clattered as he’s one of the biggest softies I have seen.

Seriously overhyped as is the norm from our support.

Ok.

CapitalGreen
30-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Sunderland will probably be interested as well now... Jack Ross seems to be using Hibs scouts to do his groundwork just now

To be fair, I saw Sunderland linked to him before we were.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/daryl-horgan-and-eoin-doyle.1434988/page-2

Stuart93
30-06-2018, 10:35 AM
I wouldn't. He was bang average for us and liked a night out on george street. He found his level at English League One IMO and will play most of his football there.

Wasn't he scoring a decent amount of goals in the championship as well? Thought you could tell he had the quality just never got the service in a very poor team

Stuart93
30-06-2018, 10:37 AM
A pacy Irish winger that’s like Ivan Sproule on a motorbike.... sounds good to me

Please don't ever mention that phrase again, it's a jinx

Hamish
30-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Who are you talking about ? ( not on twitter )

Click on the link. I don't do twitter either but the link takes you to the page.

spike220
30-06-2018, 10:41 AM
This thread is turning into a Harry Potter novel: reems and reems of words, more complexity than a PhD in astrophysics and about as likely to lead to anything useful as a Kujabi testimonial.

Souter96Mac
30-06-2018, 10:42 AM
Starting to sound like a recurring thing so far, let's hope so

Wondering if judging by rumours it'll be bogdan & horgan

Adam Bogdan? I haven't seen that rumour yet, I suppose he may have been at Bolton with Lenny.

brog
30-06-2018, 10:43 AM
A wee bit different talent wise, Messi scored a decent goal with his right the other day. 😁

The principle's the same though & the fact everyone was talking about Messi scoring with his right foot only demonstrates how rare it is. I know these guys are geniuses but even when Maradona beats half the Engerlund team in 1986 he still runs round the ball to poke it into the net with his left foot. On a more realistic level some of my all time favourite Hibs players, Alex Cropley, Arthur Duncan & Eric Stevenson rarely used their right foot. It's just a part of being left footed.

MWHIBBIES
30-06-2018, 10:52 AM
The principle's the same though & the fact everyone was talking about Messi scoring with his right foot only demonstrates how rare it is. I know these guys are geniuses but even when Maradona beats half the Engerlund team in 1986 he still runs round the ball to poke it into the net with his left foot. On a more realistic level some of my all time favourite Hibs players, Alex Cropley, Arthur Duncan & Eric Stevenson rarely used their right foot. It's just a part of being left footed.
Messi has scored almost 100 goals this his right foot, it isn't so rare.

Ozyhibby
30-06-2018, 10:56 AM
https://youtu.be/pFXvo3LjVGs

Ozyhibby
30-06-2018, 10:59 AM
Horgan is a right winger so a bit of competition for Boyle.

Ronniekirk
30-06-2018, 11:15 AM

Keeper presumably is just back up though and money we wouldn't of spent if Rocky fit or is Laid law s position as No 2 in question

3pm
30-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Dylan to Sunderland on Monday according to Alan Nixon.

Lago
30-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Thank goodness that will be it put to bed.

Juniper Greens
30-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Adam Bogdan? I haven't seen that rumour yet, I suppose he may have been at Bolton with Lenny.

No chance we could afford Bogdan

snooky
30-06-2018, 12:49 PM
Thank goodness that will be it put to bed.

The pot's free at last for those who've been waiting.

MWHIBBIES
30-06-2018, 01:00 PM
This thread is turning into a Harry Potter novel: reems and reems of words, more complexity than a PhD in astrophysics and about as likely to lead to anything useful as a Kujabi testimonial.

Careful, you can say what you like about the team and the board and even the gaffer but Harry Potter books are off limits. Quality books.

Stuart93
30-06-2018, 01:01 PM

That be the chat

SouthMoroccoStu
30-06-2018, 01:01 PM

Better than him moving to Aberdeen or das Huns

A move motivated by money but can’t blame the guy. He’s not got the best injury record and football is a short career at the best of times, get the money while you can

Dylan always gave his all for us and is a legend for his part in the 2016 cup victory, 2017 promotion and helping us to achieve European football last year

A legend that will always be welcome in Leith

Good luck Dylan

Springbank
30-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Better than him moving to Aberdeen or das Huns

A move motivated by money but can’t blame the guy. He’s not got the best injury record and football is a short career at the best of times, get the money while you can

Dylan always gave his all for us and is a legend for his part in the 2016 cup victory, 2017 promotion and helping us to achieve European football last year

A legend that will always be welcome in Leith

Good luck Dylan

100% agree

give me 3-4 years of a Dylan McGeouch over an eternity of faceless passionless Matt Doherty's and Tom Soares any day.

Dylan is a legend who got Hibs

welcome back always

Franck Stanton
30-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Sad to see him go, great player, wish him well.

Heisenberg
30-06-2018, 02:02 PM
Hopefully we’ll get an update from Lennon today before/after the game.

mayo hibee
30-06-2018, 03:50 PM
Horgan would be a cracking signing. Was outstanding for Dundalk, albeit at a lower standard of domestic league, but has played a lot of European football as well.

supermcginn
30-06-2018, 03:56 PM

Nah, he's rotten. Lets look forward

Stuart93
30-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Nah, he's rotten. Lets look forward

Seen many a "rotten" striker at Easter road, not sure he was one of them to be honest

Thecat23
30-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Doyle isn’t good enough for us now.

Dashing Bob S
30-06-2018, 04:26 PM

Six chapters to set things up, four to develop the storyline and none at the payoff.

supermcginn
30-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Seen many a "rotten" striker at Easter road, not sure he was one of them to be honest

I am

Souter96Mac
30-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Horgan would be a cracking signing. Was outstanding for Dundalk, albeit at a lower standard of domestic league, but has played a lot of European football as well.

Reckon Dundalk would be a decent side in our league.

Zazu62
30-06-2018, 04:47 PM
But disappointed that Dylan spoke to Aberdeen ( if true ). Obviously just wanted to see how much he was gonna get money wise.

Jim44
30-06-2018, 04:54 PM
But disappointed that Dylan spoke to Aberdeen ( if true ). Obviously just wanted to see how much he was gonna get money wise.

He would have been stupid not to listen to them. You don’t burn bridges when you’re on the way up as you might need them later on the way down.

Since90+2
30-06-2018, 04:57 PM

Don't think he has done anything wrong at all by speaking to Aberdeen. He's a free agent and is assessing his options.

SirDavidsNapper
30-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Dylan has done his bit for us. Wish him well wherever he goes. It's a short career and he'll be putting his family first. We'll see a lot of him in years to come at anniversary celebrations etc. Hibs legend.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-06-2018, 05:33 PM
Don't think he has done anything wrong at all by speaking to Aberdeen. He's a free agent and is assessing his options.

Mon the sweeties :)

Since90+2
30-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Mon the sweeties :)

Completely different situations (if you are referring to the Caldrerwood farce).

Paisley Hibby
30-06-2018, 05:44 PM
Whittaker, imo, has been a bit of a dud signing. Sproules return wasn't great.

I thought Thomson was near finished when he left us a second time, and while he did play his role in the Scottish Cup run, I can remember watching him get his back side handed to him by Morton midweek and it was obvious he was finished then. GOC's goals dried up around Christmas when he, by the sounds of it, felt he was offski and when it fell through lost the heid.

Lets try stay clear of some of our ex players that aren't bordering on the retirement home for once.
Whittaker a dud signing? Seriously???

KWJ
30-06-2018, 06:43 PM

Wouldn't say"dud" but he's certainly underachieved so far. Hopefully he has a better upcoming season.

Tobias Funke
30-06-2018, 06:46 PM

Further proof that some football fans are genuinely clueless.

we are hibs
30-06-2018, 06:47 PM

He's been poor and Every time someone says he hasn't they don't come up with valid excuses as to why he isn't.9

weecounty hibby
30-06-2018, 06:47 PM
With the lack of Hibs rumours or signings I was wondering if there was any word on what was happening with Jason Cummings, anyone heard? I'm not suggesting s return to us or anything like that. Just curious if anyone had heard anything

WoreTheGreen
30-06-2018, 06:50 PM
With the lack of Hibs rumours or signings I was wondering if there was any word on what was happening with Jason Cummings, anyone heard? I'm not suggesting s return to us or anything like that. Just curious if anyone had heard anything

A guy a taxi driver told me f—- all

tamig
30-06-2018, 06:59 PM
He's been poor and Every time someone says he hasn't they don't come up with valid excuses as to why he isn't.9

When Wittaker was moved into midfield towards the end of the season and when he was filling in with the back three he didn’t do much wrong. In fact I remember him putting in some great performances.

we are hibs
30-06-2018, 07:02 PM
When Wittaker was moved into midfield towards the end of the season and when he was filling in with the back three he didn’t do much wrong. In fact I remember him putting in some great performances.

What did he do that was Great? All I seen was him giving the ball away through slack passing, being caught out of position because he lacked the pace to get back into his position, diving in and being skinned or backing off into the box and letting people get shots away.

marinello59
30-06-2018, 07:09 PM
What did he do that was Great? All I seen was him giving the ball away through slack passing, being caught out of position because he lacked the pace to get back into his position, diving in and being skinned or backing off into the box and letting people get shots away.

Your weren’t watching properly then. He put in several excellent performances but by that time he had attained fall guy status with the more blinkered supporters who love to stick the boot in to our own players.

Kevvy1875
30-06-2018, 07:13 PM

Volley against Killie was absolute class. You are being a wee bit harsh and seem to have your mind made up that he is keek. He wasn't fantastic all season but during my time watching Hibs I have seen worse.....a lot worse.

mayo hibee
30-06-2018, 07:52 PM
Reckon Dundalk would be a decent side in our league.

Absolutely, as would Cork, but the league of Ireland overall is a good bit weaker than the SPL

Tyler Durden
30-06-2018, 08:21 PM

Signed for his versatility and played RB, right centre back in a 3, RWB, LB and centre midfield. Played all of those positions very well albeit with some ups and downs.

Do you see anyone else in the squad remotely capable of this?

Get a grip.

Zazu62
30-06-2018, 08:56 PM
How many players had we signed at this point last year ?

we are hibs
30-06-2018, 09:02 PM
Signed for his versatility and played RB, right centre back in a 3, RWB, LB and centre midfield. Played all of those positions very well albeit with some ups and downs.

Do you see anyone else in the squad remotely capable of this?

Get a grip.

Get a grip? What? I'm giving my opinion. It's allowed to be different from yours. I don't rate him and don't think he should be at the club. You clearly do.

we are hibs
30-06-2018, 09:04 PM
Your weren’t watching properly then. He put in several excellent performances but by that time he had attained fall guy status with the more blinkered supporters who love to stick the boot in to our own players.

You don't know me so please don't say how I watch and analyse a game, thanks. I'm giving my opinion. I don't think he's good enough. That's not sticking the boot in that's giving my opinion, which is allowed.

Souter96Mac
30-06-2018, 09:11 PM
How many players had we signed at this point last year ?

I think it may have been 3/4, Marciano, Swanson, Efe and Simon murray I think.

AgentDaleCooper
30-06-2018, 09:15 PM
You don't know me so please don't say how I watch and analyse a game, thanks. I'm giving my opinion. I don't think he's good enough. That's not sticking the boot in that's giving my opinion, which is allowed.

But you are the one who brought up what you saw snd how you saw it...were you at the celtic and kilmarnock games? He was absolutely excellent in both.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Further proof that some football fans are genuinely clueless.

Today the Portuguese proverb would seem to be applicable

“peixe por peixe a aposta fica cheia” - fish by fish the net becomes full...

hfc rd
30-06-2018, 09:24 PM

As are other people that are giving their opinions as well.

tamig
30-06-2018, 09:30 PM

You say people don’t put forward evidence to back up their opinions that he’s not a dud. When they do you simply deflect them and refuse to acknowledge the evidence presented. Sure we can all differ in our views and opinions but you seem to behave in the very manner that you’re accusing those who have a different view to yourself of displaying. A strange way to act.

Lago
30-06-2018, 09:33 PM
:top marks
You say people don’t put forward evidence to back up their opinions that he’s not a dud. When they do you simply deflect them and refuse to acknowledge the evidence presented. Sure we can all differ in our views and opinions but you seem to behave in the very manner that you’re accusing those who have a different view to yourself of displaying. A strange way to act.

SloopJB
30-06-2018, 09:55 PM
Scuse me.
I'm a bit lost.
I'm looking for the transfer thread.

tamig
30-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Scuse me.
I'm a bit lost.
I'm looking for the transfer thread.

Wrong thread. Slow news day today.

Unseen work
30-06-2018, 10:18 PM
So to summarise

Stevie Mallan
Scott Allan
Adam Bogdan
Daryl Horgan
Ryan Williamson
James MacLaren

Are who we are currently being linked with?

CmoantheHibs
30-06-2018, 10:20 PM

You do realise it's possible to give your opinion and stick the boot in at the same time?

hfc rd
30-06-2018, 10:31 PM
So to summarise

Stevie Mallan
Scott Allan
Adam Bogdan
Daryl Horgan
Ryan Williamson
James MacLaren

Don’t mind the first 5 names on that list but that 6th one can GTF!

GordonHFC
30-06-2018, 11:03 PM

Why?

Jim44
30-06-2018, 11:11 PM
So to summarise

Stevie Mallan
Scott Allan
Adam Bogdan
Daryl Horgan
Ryan Williamson
James MacLaren

Why?

:confused:

SquashedFrogg
30-06-2018, 11:18 PM

I think you mean valid reasons. Excuses doesnt make sense.
Anyway, my reason (or excuse if it helps you) is that he's played well.

There you go. There's my valid excuse (reason)

SquashedFrogg
30-06-2018, 11:22 PM

Brilliant. Can you provide a valid excuse as to why? Or reason? Whatever's easier.
I can only assume you're at the wind up?

JDT
30-06-2018, 11:23 PM
:confused:

Can only presume it's to do Jamie Mclaren having his first name confused with James

Haymaker
30-06-2018, 11:28 PM
:hyper

SquashedFrogg
30-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Can only presume it's to do Jamie Mclaren having his first name confused with James

I see.

BegbieHSC
01-07-2018, 12:13 AM

Obvious troll

Phil MaGlass
01-07-2018, 05:27 AM
Wasnt the reason Whittaker did not play well in part last season down to the fact he was carrying an injury, which was also mentioned by Lennon during the year?

Greenworld
01-07-2018, 08:27 AM
With the lack of Hibs rumours or signings I was wondering if there was any word on what was happening with Jason Cummings, anyone heard? I'm not suggesting s return to us or anything like that. Just curious if anyone had heard anythingApparently training with the young lads seems to have been bombed out of first team squad.
They have been signing a fair few players would imagine jason will be moved on or loaned out.
Not been a good move for him other than money I guess

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2018, 09:01 AM
Apparently training with the young lads seems to have been bombed out of first team squad.
They have been signing a fair few players would imagine jason will be moved on or loaned out.

Sent from my SM-G903F using TapatalkIsn't he on loan still?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

brog
01-07-2018, 09:02 AM

It's also Maclaren. As there was a James McLaren who played for us in the early years the poster is probably just being "funny".

Winston Ingram
01-07-2018, 09:03 AM

He’s been very poor. His legs have gone and we’ve got him for another 2 years.

JimBHibees
01-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Isn't he on loan still?

Assuming he would be back at Forest.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2018, 09:13 AM
Assuming he would be back at Forest.Me too.

I read the post as meaning he was bombed out at Rangers. Maybe he meant NF

MWHIBBIES
01-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Rowan Vine was very poor, Whittaker nowhere near that. Average at worst.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 09:20 AM
But you are the one who brought up what you saw snd how you saw it...were you at the celtic and kilmarnock games? He was absolutely excellent in both.

2 games out of how many? And he was poor before that goal against killie.

Saying "He's played well" over and over doesn't make it true.. That's all anyone has said. Absolutely nothing to back it up.

Jim44
01-07-2018, 09:22 AM
Me too.

I read the post as meaning he was bombed out at Rangers. Maybe he meant NF

It’s not that long since the Sevconians were talking him up and that they should try to get him back to Ibrox. Gerrard has clearly raised their expectations and he seems to have gone off their radar.

brog
01-07-2018, 09:22 AM

Saying "He's played well" over and over doesn't make it true.. That's all anyone has said. Absolutely nothing to back it up.

Do you understand irony? You say he's poor over & over with no evidence to back it up.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 09:23 AM
Do you understand irony? You say he's poor over & over with no evidence to back it up.

Apart from the fact I listed reasons as to why I think he's poor on the last page..

B.H.F.C
01-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Just like saying he was poor over and over doesn’t make it true.

There is no point in debating with people like you who absolutely just refuse to see anything positive someone does because it doesn’t suit your own pathetic argument.

He might not have been brilliant but some of the comments about how bad he is are ridiculous.

J-C
01-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Apparently training with the young lads seems to have been bombed out of first team squad.

Money was his only thought when he moved south.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 09:27 AM
I’ve said before, wouldn’t be surprised if Stubbs is trying to get him to St Mirren

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Just like saying he was poor over and over doesn’t make it true.

There is no point in debating with people like you who absolutely just refuse to see anything positive someone does because it doesn’t suit your own pathetic argument.

He might not have been brilliant but some of the comments about how bad he is are ridiculous.

It's not a pathetic argument. That's a pathetic response. I've listed why I think he's been poor, I've yet to see anyone come up with reasons why he's been good they've just hit back with inane dross.

CropleyWasGod
01-07-2018, 09:29 AM
It's not a pathetic argument. That's a pathetic response. I've listed why I think he's been poor, I've yet to see anyone come up with reasons why he's been good they've just hit back with inane dross."I think" is the important phrase. Others "think" differently. There is no right or wrong.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 09:32 AM
"I think" is the important phrase. Others "think" differently. There is no right or wrong.

I never said there was. But it would be good if people listed why they think he's been good rather than just saying it repeatedly.

Stuart93
01-07-2018, 09:34 AM

I can't get the thought out my head that he'll end up at tynie IF laffertey moves on

My_Wife_Camille
01-07-2018, 09:34 AM
I don’t agree with the guy who thinks Whittaker has been awful, I think he’s been ok. He’s had a few awful games, a few good games and a whole bunch of simply average games. He’s not been a bad signing but not been great either.

I do agree with him on what he’s saying about how people on here can’t accept someone else’s opinion on a player unless it’s an outright positive one. It seems on here you can have a positive opinion on 99% of the players but as soon as you don’t rate one or two then you get hounded by those that just hand bear anyone saying something remotely negative about a Hibs player.

The argumneg usually goes along the lines of “yes he is good, you are wrong” with very little to actually back it up apart from a plethora of sarcastic comments.

Billychaotic182
01-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Transfer rumour forum:

Expectations - Names we are linked with, YouTube videos of players, trying to identify random player in training photos and calling people out on their sources.

Reality - Whittaker is past it

brog
01-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Apart from the fact I listed reasons as to why I think he's poor on the last page..

Think is not evidence. Here's a few facts off the top of my head.

1. SW scored 4 goals in 125 starts first time round, he scored 2 in 19 last season.
2. After being out injured SW came on as a sub at RC away & Partick at home. We were losing 1-0 at RC & were drawing 0-0 with Partick when he came on. We drew 1-1 at RC & won 2-0 against Partick, after SW came on as a sub. I ( & many others ) thought ( not evidence ) that SW helped considerably to turn the game around against Partick.
3. After those 2 games, SW was 1st choice for holding midfield role for remainder of the season. He scored an excellent & vital goal against Killie, guaranteeing us 4th spot, & ultimately Europe.

We all have varying opinions about players, no one's is right or wrong but continual repetition & continual putting down of a Hibs player does not give your opinion any more validity.

hfc rd
01-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Why?

Brilliant. Can you provide a valid excuse as to why? Or reason? Whatever's easier.
I can only assume you're at the wind up?

Obvious troll

http://renfrewshire.cmis.uk.com/renfrewshire/Councillors/tabid/63/ctl/ViewCMIS_Person/mid/383/id/54/ScreenMode/Alphabetical/Default.aspx

If it was Jamie MacLaren, I’d happily take him back.

Jack Hackett
01-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Think is not evidence. Here's a few facts off the top of my head.

1. SW scored 4 goals in 125 starts first time round, he scored 2 in 19 last season.
2. After being out injured SW came on as a sub at RC away & Partick at home. We were losing 1-0 at RC & were drawing 0-0 with Partick when he came on. We drew 1-1 at RC & won 2-0 against Partick, after SW came on as a sub. I ( & many others ) thought ( not evidence ) that SW helped considerably to turn the game around against Partick.
3. After those 2 games, SW was 1st choice for holding midfield role for remainder of the season. He scored an excellent & vital goal against Killie, guaranteeing us 4th spot, & ultimately Europe.

We all have varying opinions about players, no one's is right or wrong but continual repetition & continual putting down of a Hibs player does not give your opinion any more validity.

I think you are spot on. He was poor in defence at the start of the season (opinion), but he was carrying an injury. Since returning and being used further forward to midfield, some of his workload (tracking back) has been removed and he is freer to to be more creative. He isn't needed as a defender, but is there in an emergency. I for one am well happy he is at ER

AgentDaleCooper
01-07-2018, 11:32 AM
I think you are spot on. He was poor in defence at the start of the season (opinion), but he was carrying an injury. Since returning and being used further forward to midfield, some of his workload (tracking back) has been removed and he is freer to to be more creative. He isn't needed as a defender, but is there in an emergency. I for one am well happy he is at ER
Exactly how i see it.

Captain Trips
01-07-2018, 11:41 AM
SW is a jury is out thus far for me. I am taking out any previous connections to club.

If we sold him I would be not bothered likewise if we keep him. He has not IMO been awful average at the best.

Hopefully he can improve as there is a lot of room to do so.

hfc rd
01-07-2018, 11:43 AM
Whittaker looks far better in midfield than at RB.

Northernhibee
01-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Transfer rumour forum:

Expectations - Names we are linked with, YouTube videos of players, trying to identify random player in training photos and calling people out on their sources.

Reality - Whittaker is past it

Don't forget the puns :hyper

Brightside
01-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Are we trying to sign Whitts? :confused:

B.H.F.C
01-07-2018, 11:58 AM
It's not a pathetic argument. That's a pathetic response. I've listed why I think he's been poor, I've yet to see anyone come up with reasons why he's been good they've just hit back with inane dross.

You’ll just ignore any positives but off the top of my head;

Played at right wing back in a win at Ibrox.
Played at right back in a derby win.
Played on the right of a back 3 in a win against Celtic.

All big games where he played a big part in good team performances. Plenty other games where he played well. Did ok in midfield when required.
And like most players had the odd poor game.

His versatility was clearly important to the team. Even chipped in with the odd goal and assist.

Humo
01-07-2018, 11:59 AM
Are we trying to sign Whitts? :confused:Hope not. I kept an eye on Norwich last season and he didn't even make the bench.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JDT
01-07-2018, 12:00 PM
It's also Maclaren. As there was a James McLaren who played for us in the early years the poster is probably just being "funny".

Fair dos mate. I assumed he got mixed up with the whole Jamie-James thing as it caught me out on first reading to but he's maybe at the wind up

JDT
01-07-2018, 12:00 PM
Whittaker looks far better in midfield than at RB.

100% agree with that

Frazerbob
01-07-2018, 12:35 PM

If we are now seeing Whitts as one of our ‘very poor’ players it shows just how far we’ve come. The criticism he receives from some is baffling. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Well my opinion is those who think he’s been a ‘dud’ are talking utter drivel.

blackpoolhibs
01-07-2018, 12:38 PM

All big games where he played a big part in good team performances. Plenty other games where he played well. Did ok in midfield when required.

His versatility was clearly important to the team. Even chipped in with the odd goal and assist.

:agree: Aye but apart from those things you mentioned, what have the Romans ever done for us? :wink:

SRHibs
01-07-2018, 12:41 PM
People on RTG saying McGeouch has changed his mind? lol.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 12:47 PM

No I won't just ignore positives. I'm not ignorant like you and I am open to others opinions.

This is the last time im going to get involved in this. Whittaker's best game last season imo was the Celtic semi when he came on. He set up shaw's goal and handled Sinclair pretty well. He played in a few games towards the end of the season and did ok in a couple but he was far too inconsistent for me. I've never once said he was woeful ALL of the time but he's been poor more than good for me. He took his goal against killie well but during that game, particularly in the first half I thought his passing was really slack and if he's going to be played in midfield he needs to improve massively in that sense. He shouldn't have started the derby either. He was poor that night and Bartley was a better bet. I want him to be great and I want to see what your seeing but I'm not. I'm not going to claim I am because I would be lying.

I know he's never been a great defender, even in his first spell but the December game at Easter Road he was really poor against Sinclair who he kept backing off from. The ibrox 3-2 game Windass kept flying past him early on because he was diving in. He either dives in or backs off too much. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween. I don't understand this versatility thing either. Just because someone can play in numerous positions doesn't mean they play overly well there.

I hope he kicks on and does well this season but my instinct, plus what I seen last season is leading me to think he physically can't Anymore.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 12:49 PM

What’s RTG

AlbertK86
01-07-2018, 12:49 PM

What’s RTG

CapitalGreen
01-07-2018, 12:50 PM

I’d take anything on there with a pinch of salt. Poster saying Dylan was down there Thursday and Friday while he was actually at his brothers wedding.

CapitalGreen
01-07-2018, 12:50 PM
What’s RTG

Sunderland’s .net

SRHibs
01-07-2018, 12:52 PM
What’s RTG

Sunderland forum. Couple saying issues over wages. There’s been a lot of trolling in the thread but it does seem like genuine info.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mcgeouch.1435221/page-33

Either way, the sooner this is over the better.

B.H.F.C
01-07-2018, 12:54 PM
No I won't just ignore positives. I'm not ignorant like you and I am open to others opinions.

This is the last time im going to get involved in this. Whittaker's best game last season imo was the Celtic semi when he came on. He set up shaw's goal and handled Sinclair pretty well. He played in a few games towards the end of the season and did ok in a couple but he was far too inconsistent for me. I've never once said he was woeful ALL of the time but he's been poor more than good for me. He took his goal against killie well but during that game, particularly in the first half I thought his passing was really slack and if he's going to be played in midfield he needs to improve massively in that sense. He shouldn't have started the derby either. He was poor that night and Bartley was a better bet. I want him to be great and I want to see what your seeing but I'm not. I'm not going to claim I am because I would be lying.

I know he's never been a great defender, even in his first spell but the December game at Easter Road he was really poor against Sinclair who he kept backing off from. The ibrox 3-2 game Windass kept flying past him early on because he was diving in. He either dives in or backs off too much. There doesn't seem to be an inbetween. I don't understand this versatility thing either. Just because someone can play in numerous positions doesn't mean they play overly well there.

I hope he kicks on and does well this season but my instinct, plus what I seen last season is leading me to think he physically can't Anymore.

I never once said he’s great. He’s not.

Probably wouldn’t be in my first choice 11. But our first 11 are rarely all available and a player like him is invaluable. Pretty much reflected in the numerous good results he contributed to playing in a variety of positions.

BSEJVT
01-07-2018, 01:26 PM

100%

If you believed everything we are Hibs typed that would include every single player on the books, none of whom reach his lofty standards

WTF were these guys when we had the Keenan's, Vine's and Collins of this world playing for us?

Brightside
01-07-2018, 01:28 PM
Just create a ****** Whitts thread. I’m expecting Dylan to be announced by Sunderland tomorrow. I’d be delighted if that’s changed

Northernhibee
01-07-2018, 01:34 PM
Sunderland forum. Couple saying issues over wages. There’s been a lot of trolling in the thread but it does seem like genuine info.

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/mcgeouch.1435221/page-33

Either way, the sooner this is over the better.

If that's true, I think we put a "take it or leave it" deal on the table open for that day only. Draw a line under it if he doesn't sign.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 01:36 PM
100%

If you believed everything we are Hibs typed that would include every single player on the books, none of whom reach his lofty standards

WTF were these guys when we had the Keenan's, Vine's and Collins of this world playing for us?

As I said inane dross. Not unexpected from you. Great well thought out post by the way. Just because I don't two players in a squad of 20 I'm a terrible hibs fan. Clown

madhatter
01-07-2018, 01:37 PM
Not in the know but I have a feeling Mallan will be announced in the next 2-3 days, permanent deal hopefully.

Greenworld
01-07-2018, 01:44 PM
Isn't he on loan still?

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkBack at Forrest according to there fan page

Billychaotic182
01-07-2018, 01:45 PM
Not in the know but I have a feeling Mallan will be announced in the next 2-3 days, permanent deal hopefully.

Is this based on the hibs transfer news twitter feed?

sarfoftheborder
01-07-2018, 01:45 PM
The 'Sunday Mail' today refers to our reported interest in Preston winger Daryl Horgan. Anyone got any more on this?

SouthMoroccoStu
01-07-2018, 01:49 PM
The 'Sunday Mail' today refers to our reported interest in Preston winger Daryl Horgan. Anyone got any more on this?

Was in the Irish version of The Sun yesterday

Didn’t see it rumoured anywhere before that

matty_f
01-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Would be delighted if Dylan changed his mind if it meant he states with us for a bit longer.

hfc rd
01-07-2018, 01:51 PM

Don’t know if they are reliable or not but they posted a tweet about 30 mins ago, stating that personal terms have been agreed with Mallan but nothing been signed yet.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 01:54 PM
We need a striker in soon. We need to go for maclaren or go for another forward and give him and kamberi time to strike up a partnership. It's not often you get as lucky as we did in January and get two strikers in who click immediately

guthrie01
01-07-2018, 01:55 PM
As I said inane dross. Not unexpected from you. Great well thought out post by the way. Just because I don't two players in a squad of 20 I'm a terrible hibs fan. Clown

No one called you a terrible Hibs fan though ?

You seem to be the only one name calling when others disagree with your posts, it looks like your looking for a confrontation

Brightside
01-07-2018, 01:55 PM
Don’t know if they are reliable or not but they posted a tweet about 30 mins ago, stating that personal terms have been agreed with Mallan but nothing been signed yet.

They just copy stuff from here.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Would be delighted if Dylan changed his mind if it meant he states with us for a bit longer.

We all would Matty, but think he’s close to the point of no return though, as we must have identified targets to replace him

And If he does sign on, I’d be telling him, no less than a 2 year deal, as we wouldn’t want to be going through the same thing again next season

3pm
01-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Dylan is gone. All over.

Time to move on.

madhatter
01-07-2018, 01:59 PM

Just a feeling I have, makes sense for negotiations to take a long time if it is permanent. We’ve had Mallan down as a imminent signing for weeks so I’m guessing this week (early) as the completion time. As I said, I’m not in the know, just guessing really.

Lago
01-07-2018, 02:02 PM
I've come to the conclusion, based on your various postings, that your just a blether.:agree:

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Dylan is gone. All over.

Time to move on.

I think you’re right 3pm, but until it goes through

AlbertK86
01-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Lifted from private board post earlier saying exactly that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

BSEJVT
01-07-2018, 02:09 PM

You didn't say anything to me about inane dross and as this is my first post on the topic you are going to have to explain that word of wisdom to me?

But your post in response to mine doesn't make any sense at all " two players in a squad of twenty?" What?

Maybe people in glass houses should not throw stones?

If your stalk response to folk disagreeing with your position is to resort to personal insults maybe you should let your mum edit your posts or try growing up?

I was once told that its better to keep your mouth closed and let folk wonder if you are an arse than open your mouth and confirm it.

You have confirmed by your post that that is indeed the case.

I value the opinion of those that I can take seriously who hold well thought out and argued positions, able to properly debate their position.

It will come as no surprise to you that you didn't fall into that category, but then empty vessels make the most noise.

Doubtless you will come across all keyboard hardman over this, sadly it will be wasted on me as it think I will ignore your "inane dross" going forward.

And for the record I think that I will take the managers opinion of Whittaker over yours as well.

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Mallan had agreed personal terms before he went on holiday. As I posted a while ago, he told the board he wanted to return to Scotland Hibs got in touch Mallan was happy with the deal we offered it’s just signing the contract now. His missus wants to come back to Scotland as well.

Lago
01-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Mallan has agreed personal terms before he went on holiday. As I posted a while ago, he told the board he wanted to return to Scotland Hibs got in touch Mallan was happy with the deal we offered it’s just signing the contract now. His missus wants to come back to Scotland as well.
Excellent

SouthMoroccoStu
01-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Hibs have not offered enough for Mallon according to Express.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 02:17 PM
You didn't say anything to me about inane dross and as this is my first post on the topic you are going to have to explain that word of wisdom to me?

But your post in response to mine doesn't make any sense at all " two players in a squad of twenty?" What?

Maybe people in glass houses should not throw stones?

If your stalk response to folk disagreeing with your position is to resort to personal insults maybe you should let your mum edit your posts or try growing up?

I was once told that its better to keep your mouth closed and let folk wonder if you are an arse than open your mouth and confirm it.

You have confirmed by your post that that is indeed the case.

I value the opinion of those that I can take seriously who hold well thought out and argued positions, able to properly debate their position.

It will come as no surprise to you that you didn't fall into that category, but then empty vessels make the most noise.

Doubtless you will come across all keyboard hardman over this, sadly it will be wasted on me as it think I will ignore your "inane dross" going forward.

And for the record I think that I will take the managers opinion of Whittaker over yours as well.

I don't care about your opinion of me. I gave a detailed opinion on Whittaker which you obviously are incapable of reading or taking in. You were the one getting personal claiming no hibs player can be held up to my high standards. You don't know me so don't make assumptions on how I view hibs players. I support the club every season and have done since I was 6 years of age. I'm not going to change my opinions and pretend every hibs player ever is great because you don't like it.

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 02:18 PM

Maybe this is what had been the hold up. As player was happy with the deal offered but If the club want a bit more than Hibs first thought they will be going Back and forth. I still think it’ll all be done though and Hibs will get him in.

Heisenberg
01-07-2018, 02:18 PM

They won’t want to lose money on him. I’m not surprised. Sure negotiations will continue.

Daydreamer
01-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Dylan is gone. All over.

Time to move on.

Yip, heard that the stumbling block was the second year of his contract if Sunderland got promoted to the Championship. The wages and bonus for the next again season has now been resolved.

porthibbie
01-07-2018, 02:20 PM

If he has changed his mind due to wages ,he may still end up at the Huns or or Dons.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Yip, heard that the stumbling block was the second year of his contract if Sunderland got promoted to the Championship. The wages and bonus for the next again season has now been resolved.

How do you know all this, just asking like

Daydreamer
01-07-2018, 02:25 PM
How do you know all this, just asking like

Still in touch with an agent who is an old friend.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Still in touch with an agent who is an old friend.

Thanks

Smartie
01-07-2018, 02:28 PM

The rumour was that he agreed £5k per week for this season but wanted that trebled if they went up.

Sunderland will only allow a wage rise of 30% upon promotion so they could only go to £6.5k per week for next season.

If he signs, they must have found a way around it.

Source - their new chairman is very active on twitter and has been very open with fans about negotiations.

Daydreamer
01-07-2018, 02:30 PM
Thanks

He also told me that the wages Sunderland have offered were'nt that much more than we have offered but the second year of his contract could be near enough double in the Championship.

Centre Hawf
01-07-2018, 02:31 PM

Just my opinion to be honest.. I’ve noticed some people have taken it as slander against the family name and gotten a bit personal in their disagreements which is odd.

Can’t really be bothered to get dragged into the debate any further because it’s ultimately not my decision who Hibs sign and retain and I’ll be in my seat every second weekend supporting the players on the park regardless.

Hermit Crab
01-07-2018, 02:33 PM
The rumour was that he agreed £5k per week for this season but wanted that trebled if they went up.

Sunderland will only allow a wage rise of 30% upon promotion so they could only go to £6.5k per week for next season.

If he signs, they must have found a way around it.

Source - their new chairman is very active on twitter and has been very open with fans about negotiations.

But its not about the money we were told eh.....:rolleyes:

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 02:34 PM
Think the Whitty thing is went a bit OTT. For what it’s worth he’s not been anywhere near good enough for what we wanted from him. I feel he had a poor season overall and I think he’ll know this. Injuries haven’t helped either. Doesn’t mean I think he’s crap I feel we should have got more from him. Defensively he’s very poor and looked a bit better in midfield. Is he a starter in this Hibs side... No I think we can do better! Again this is my opinion, I think he’s a good squad player though.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 02:35 PM
He also told me that the wages Sunderland have offered were'nt that much more than we have offered but the second year of his contract could be near enough double in the Championship.

Thanks, that’s the way it should be anyway
He needs to think they can get up though, which won’t be easy, or he’ll have spent 2 years in league 1 and visiting places like Accrington, S****horpe, Rochdale and Walsall

BegbieHSC
01-07-2018, 02:41 PM

Genuinely can’t remember the last the utter bog roll that is the express broke a genuine transfer story. Literally just talk ***** all the time.

Lago
01-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Genuinely can’t remember the last the utter bog roll that is the express broke a genuine transfer story. Literally just talk ***** all the time.
Other sources seem to be confirming it.

Brightside
01-07-2018, 02:44 PM
i don't care about your opinion of me. I gave a detailed opinion on whittaker which you obviously are incapable of reading or taking in. You were the one getting personal claiming no hibs player can be held up to my high standards. You don't know me so don't make assumptions on how i view hibs players. I support the club every season and have done since i was 6 years of age. I'm not going to change my opinions and pretend every hibs player ever is great because you don't like it.

transfer thread!!

SouthMoroccoStu
01-07-2018, 02:46 PM

Don’t know if I believe Sunderland will be out of league 1 in their first season

Bit of a football wilderness gamble by McGeough here

Heisenberg
01-07-2018, 02:47 PM

If it was Scott Burns i’d be inclined to believe it. He’s often spot on, or he used to be anyway.

Smartie
01-07-2018, 03:00 PM
Don’t know if I believe Sunderland will be out of league 1 in their first season

He joined Hibs on a permanent contract when we were in the Championship with Rangers.

A move that worked out very well for him.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-07-2018, 03:02 PM
If it was Scott Burns i’d be inclined to believe it. He’s often spot on, or he used to be anyway.

Daily Express-Saturday 30th. SPL Latest. Scott Burns is only name mentioned as reporting.

sauzee=legend
01-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Daryl Horgan, not seen this story posted yet.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/2784430/hibernian-boss-neil-lennon-wants-to-sign-daryl-horgan-from-preston-north-end/

Lago
01-07-2018, 03:20 PM

Agree hard league with some hard teams to come up against, they will be doing well to come up immediately.

Ronniekirk
01-07-2018, 03:35 PM
Mallan had agreed personal terms before he went on holiday. As I posted a while ago, he told the board he wanted to return to Scotland Hibs got in touch Mallan was happy with the deal we offered it’s just signing the contract now. His missus wants to come back to Scotland as well.

So what is the hold up Has the new Barnsley Manager tried to get him to stay and they are holding up things deliberately at their end
L D needs to fly down there via Yo Sushi and Kick Some Ass

Cardinal G
01-07-2018, 03:58 PM
[QUOTE=Lago;5448920]Agree hard league with some hard teams to come up against, they will be doing well to come up immediately.[/QUOTE

Rotherham got relegated from the championship last season and there record was far worse than Sunderland yet managed to get back up albeit via playoffs. Genuinely don't see it being a problem for Sunderland, need to remember they have some decent youngsters. Not saying it will be a canter for them but they will go up in my opinion.

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 04:02 PM
So what is the hold up Has the new Barnsley Manager tried to get him to stay and they are holding up things deliberately at their end
L D needs to fly down there via Yo Sushi and Kick Some Ass

No idea, maybe club just want more than we are offering as someone posted. LD will get it sorted no doubt with or without Sushi!! 😁

GordonHFC
01-07-2018, 04:26 PM
Lifted from private board post earlier saying exactly that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Don't you have to agree a fee with the club before you can duscuss personal terms with the player?

bodhibs
01-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Some folk need to stay oot the sun 😎

My_Wife_Camille
01-07-2018, 04:51 PM
Don't you have to agree a fee with the club before you can duscuss personal terms with the player?
In Football Manager and FIFA yes but in real life you just need permission from the club. Fees can be sorted out at any stage

HibbyAndy
01-07-2018, 05:10 PM
No idea, maybe club just want more than we are offering as someone posted. LD will get it sorted no doubt with or without Sushi!! 😁

You are the man Cat when it comes to snippets :greengrin

But how can you say 3 weeks ago it was pretty much a done deal then now add 'maybe club just want more than we are offering'

Apologies if you never actually said it was a done deal :greengrin

Ronniekirk
01-07-2018, 05:18 PM
No idea, maybe club just want more than we are offering as someone posted. LD will get it sorted no doubt with or without Sushi!! [emoji16]

Something fishy going on lol

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 05:20 PM
You are the man Cat when it comes to snippets :greengrin

But how can you say 3 weeks ago it was pretty much a done deal then now add 'maybe club just want more than we are offering'

Apologies if you never actually said it was a done deal :greengrin

What I was told few weeks back was terms were agreed and he’s signing. I’ve no idea if Barnsley actually do want more money but like the Flo deal clubs sometimes try their luck to get more for a player. Flo was always coming back as he had told friends and family, from what I have been told same with Stevie. I wouldn’t read to much into it.

I think 2 in this week and one out if all goes to plan.

HibbyAndy
01-07-2018, 05:23 PM
What I was told few weeks back was terms were agreed and he’s signing. I’ve no idea if Barnsley actually do want more money but like the Flo deal clubs sometimes try their luck to get more for a player. Flo was always coming back as he had told friends and family, from what I have been told same with Stevie. I wouldn’t read to much into it.

Cheers Cat :aok:....I really hope my comment never came across smart ersed as i never ment it to be , Your one poster who's comments i look forward to :aok:

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 05:24 PM

One out?

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Cheers Cat :aok:....I really hope my comment never came across smart ersed as i never ment it to be , Your one poster who's comments i look forward to :aok:

No not at all bud 👍🏼 All good!

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 05:29 PM
One out?

So I’m told this afteroon Bill. I’ll know by tomorrow who it is.

snooky
01-07-2018, 05:30 PM
Something fishy going on lol

Shoosh :shhhsh!:

jgl07
01-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Don’t know if I believe Sunderland will be out of league 1 in their first season.
That’s exactly what was said this time last season when Sunderland were relegated from the Premier League.

3pm
01-07-2018, 05:38 PM

We’re already a bit short, hope it’s a ‘fringe’ player.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 05:43 PM

Not got many fringe players as it stands, 3pm
The squad that took part yesterday is what we have for Europe

3pm
01-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Not got many fringe players as it stands, 3pm
The squad that took part yesterday is what we have for Europe

I’ll guess Ambrose.

Souter96Mac
01-07-2018, 05:50 PM
I’ll guess Ambrose.

Murray? Off to Turkey maybe?

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 05:51 PM

My thinking as well, no idea who it is though. Lennon I’m sure if true will have known and will have cover no doubt. Can’t see him letting anyone go without someone lined up right away.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 05:53 PM
I’ll guess Ambrose.

Wouldn’t have given him 90 mins yesterday if he was off

BT58
01-07-2018, 05:53 PM
If it is Effe, are we entitled to a fee ??

3pm
01-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Wouldn’t have given him 90 mins yesterday if he was off

Fair point.

Zazu62
Bartley maybe?

HibbyKeith
I’ll guess Ambrose.

hope not. we need to strengthen the team not weaken it further.

Barney McGrew
01-07-2018, 05:59 PM

He’s got some good sources at ER, and if he’s reporting it then it will be accurate.

FWIW, I’d expect Mallan, Horgan and a striker announced in the next seven days, and Simon Murray heading out on loan again.

Ringothedog
01-07-2018, 06:02 PM
If it is Effe, are we entitled to a fee ??

Why wouldn’t we if he is under contract to us?

Bob Box Fish
01-07-2018, 06:03 PM
Maybe Mcgeough unveiled at Sunderland tomorrow which puts it to bed once and for all? That’s still a man out.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 06:05 PM
He’s got some good sources at ER, and if he’s reporting it then it will be accurate.

FWIW, I’d expect Mallan, Horgan and a striker announced in the next seven days, and Simon Murray heading out on loan again.

Murray and Barts would be the obvious ones to possibly more on. Lennon moved him on in January, and didn’t play Bartley much towards the end of the season
However we’re not in a place to move on a forward at the moment

Barney McGrew
01-07-2018, 06:06 PM
we’re not in a place to move on a forward at the moment

As soon as we bring in another striker he’ll be away, back to one of the Dundee clubs.

Billy Whizz
01-07-2018, 06:08 PM
As soon as we bring in another striker he’ll be away, back to one of the Dundee clubs.

Think he will, but we need him for just now, only got a half fit Kamberi and Shaw for just now

Seemingly Stubbs in for Keatings, so possibly United

Hermit Crab
01-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Think he will, but we need him for just now, only got a half fit Kamberi and Shaw for just now

Seemingly Stubbs in for Keatings, so possibly United

Dundee Utd fans didn't rate him though did they?

CMurdoch
01-07-2018, 06:14 PM

To be fair they didn't see much, given he was injured for most of last season.

HibbyAndy
01-07-2018, 06:15 PM

How many Dundee utd fans do you know ?

hfc rd
01-07-2018, 06:15 PM

The one out might probably be McGeouch being confirmed as a Sunderland player.

In terms of the two coming in, do you know who they are or is that being kept behind closed doors?

Thecat23
01-07-2018, 06:18 PM
The one out might probably be McGeouch being confirmed as a Sunderland player.

In terms of the two coming in, do you know who they are or is that being kept behind closed doors?

I think it’s someone who’s still with us or that’s how I took it anyway. Mallan has to be one but no idea who the other is yet.

Diclonius
01-07-2018, 06:18 PM
I'm guessing Horgan will be our replacement for Barker.

Big L
01-07-2018, 06:22 PM

Simon Murray I'm guessing, which I will be sorry to see if it is.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 06:38 PM
http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?105899-Ins-outs-players-wise-this-summer/page279

Tried to find some Preston fans opinions on Horgan. Seems to be a mixed reaction to him on their forum

WhileTheChief..
01-07-2018, 06:38 PM
Give it a few days and the EEN will be running an “Efe Off” headline!

Lets nip this one in the bud straight away, it’s nothing more than one persons opinion unless we’ve all missed something??

Why would we let one of our genuine top players who is under contract go? Do folk just look for worst case scenarios to worry about?

The one out is way more likely to be someone who’s barely kicked a ball for us, not a first pick. Big Dave if he’s still kicking about for example?!

3pm
01-07-2018, 06:42 PM
Give it a few days and the EEN will be running an “Efe Off” headline!

Lets nip this one in the bud straight away, it’s nothing more than one persons opinion unless we’ve all missed something??

Why would we let one of our genuine top players who is under contract go? Do folk just look for worst case scenarios to worry about?

The one out is way more likely to be someone who’s barely kicked a ball for us, not a first pick. Big Dave if he’s still kicking about for example?!

It was me, just a crap guess. Should have known better!!!! 😂

gazzag70
01-07-2018, 06:54 PM
Really hope it is not Barts. He is worth his weight in gold in certain games. Fantastic squad player!

bodhibs
01-07-2018, 06:57 PM
Really hope it is not Barts. He is worth his weight in gold in certain games. Fantastic squad player!

This 100%, might even say he runs this city

LancsHibs
01-07-2018, 07:00 PM
http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?105899-Ins-outs-players-wise-this-summer/page279

Tried to find some Preston fans opinions on Horgan. Seems to be a mixed reaction to him on their forum

Some of them seem to think it would be a loan. If it is I would pass thank you

snooky
01-07-2018, 07:01 PM

Danny maybe? Wasn't he shoogly peggish at the end of the season?
I sincerely hope it's not him or Bartley.

we are hibs
01-07-2018, 07:01 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if it was tbh. He didn't feature a lot second half of last season after being pretty much a regular in our last championship season. Lennon playing Whittaker in his position too. I hope he stays as I think he has a lot to offer the club and is reliable and doesn't let us down when called upon although maybe he wants to leave to play more regularly

Hermit Crab
01-07-2018, 07:09 PM
How many Dundee utd fans do you know ?

5 or 6 who I see at work, How?

HibbyAndy
01-07-2018, 07:11 PM

Because you said Dundee utd fans don't rate him

All 6 off them :aok:

Hermit Crab
01-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Because you said Dundee utd fans don't rate him

All 6 off them :aok:

Thats right. Heedless chicken was mentioned more than once. Go and consult your Utd supporting mates and see what they say.

Hibbyradge
01-07-2018, 07:15 PM

I'm almost certain that you mean "why"?

:wink:

HibbyAndy
01-07-2018, 07:16 PM
Thats right. Heedless chicken was mentioned more than once. Go and consult your Utd supporting mates and see what they say.

I don't have any utd supporting mates and like many on here you are on the ignore list as you talk absolute drivel

Lago
01-07-2018, 07:31 PM
I don't have any utd supporting mates and like many on here you are on the ignore list as you talk absolute drivel
And you do come across as a bit of a smart ar...e at times.

Hermit Crab
01-07-2018, 07:34 PM

Thank you. Thats very kind of you. :aok:

Hermit Crab
01-07-2018, 07:34 PM
And you do come across as a bit of a smart ar...e at times.

:agree:

Ronniekirk
01-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Murray and Barts would be the obvious ones to possibly more on. Lennon moved him on in January, and didn’t play Bartley much towards the end of the season
However we’re not in a place to move on a forward at the moment

Stubbs interested in Bartley

brog
01-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Some of them seem to think it would be a loan. If it is I would pass thank you

Horgan will be a loan & I think there's a good chance Marv could leave. I posted about 3 months ago that he, Marv, wants to stay but he needs to play & has a few options. If he goes though I would expect it to be later in the window.