PDA

View Full Version : Slivka

#persevered
13-05-2018, 03:09 PM
Even though he's not a natural winger I thought he was really good today. I think centrally,next season, he could be big for us.
Two assists today, goals against Celtic and rangers. Big games he's shown up.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Even though he's not a natural winger I thought he was really good today. I think centrally,next season, he could be big for us.
Two assists today, goals against Celtic and rangers. Big games he's shown up.

Excellent today, much prefer him in his natural central role though. Big season for him next season.

madhatter
13-05-2018, 03:11 PM
He is certainly a player. Clearly lacking in fitness but gave 100% and he put in a few terrific crosses from wide. Seems to be settling in as well which is a good sign. Promising for next season!

WhileTheChief..
13-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Yup, think he’ll get a lot more game time next season. Another good performance from him today and he’s barely let us down when he’s had a chance.

ElginHibbie
13-05-2018, 03:13 PM
He'll end up being one of the first names on the team sheet next season, gonna be a big player for us

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 03:14 PM
He's looking like a skilful player, looking forward to seeing more of him next season.

davhibby
13-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Think he's the obvious replacement for McGinn next season

gaz1875
13-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Guys behind me were slating him all game, not sure what game they were watching, I thought he was pretty solid, always looks to go forward as soon as he gets the ball.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:16 PM
He'll end up being one of the first names on the team sheet next season, gonna be a big player for us

Him and Scott Allan in midfield next season. Yes please, Sliv has been unlucky with injuries this season.

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-05-2018, 03:17 PM
McLaren got his hat trick but sliv was MOTM imo. Should have been getting the ball to him as often as possible

hibee_girl
13-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Really like Slivka, think next season he'll be one of our best players.

hibby6270
13-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Played really well today. Right wing obviously not a natural position for him but what he did do was clever and effective. Once 100% fit he’ll slot in to midfield easily. Let’s hope it’s alongside Scotty and SJM. I discount Dylan. He is pretty much on his way. If the Mallan talk has any substance, another classy midfield trio on the cards.

hibsbollah
13-05-2018, 03:23 PM
He was fantastic. I'm excited to see him get a regular start next season.

wookie70
Thought he was excellent in the first half but fell out of it in the second. Understandable as it was a frantic pace and he has hardly had a kick this year

guthrie01
Him and Scott Allan in midfield next season. Yes please, Sliv has been unlucky with injuries this season.

:agree: Slivka, Allan and potentially Stevie Mallan. Sounds good like a good midfield to me

J-C
Skilful player who is calm and comfortable on the ball and plays with his head up, he'll play in McGeouch's position next season, we're starting to see exactly why he was brought in, looked very good today.

stoneyburn hibs
13-05-2018, 03:24 PM
McLaren got his hat trick but sliv was MOTM imo. Should have been getting the ball to him as often as possible

Agree, not really had a run this season. Looking forward to seeing him more next term.

Danderhall Hibs
13-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Looks really classy at times. He started really well but i thought he drifted out of the game (maybe due to lack of match fitness?) and felt he wasn’t getting back to help Whittaker out.

Unseen work
13-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Thought he was good but not as good as others seem to be making out and not convinced he will turn out as great a player as others think.

Certainly is a good player, I would just like to see him stamping his authority on games a bit more and taking it by the scruff of the neck.

Don’t see him as a replacement for Mcginn either.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:27 PM
:agree: Slivka, Allan and potentially Stevie Mallan. Sounds good like a good midfield to me

John who? :greengrin

SlickShoes
13-05-2018, 03:28 PM
He is a good player and he's only really been kept out of the team by McGinn and McGeouch having fantastic seasons. Hope he can be a big player for us next year.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:29 PM
Thought he was good but not as good as others seem to be making out and not convinced he will turn out as great a player as others think.

Certainly is a good player, I would just like to see him stamping his authority on games a bit more and taking it by the scruff of the neck.

Don’t see him as a replacement for Mcginn either.

Be fair, he's not long back from injury, lacking match fitness and played out of position for most of the games he's featured in.

Big player for us next season imo.

Borderhibbie76
13-05-2018, 03:30 PM
He was very good for 3 quarters of match today before tiring...much better than SJM who was strangely poor today...don't thinking seen him give the ball away so much

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:31 PM
He is a good player and he's only really been kept out of the team by McGinn and McGeouch having fantastic seasons. Hope he can be a big player for us next year.

If he'd been fit all season McGinn, Allan and McGeoch may not have had it so easy. There would have been a fight for starting places.

nellio
13-05-2018, 03:32 PM
You can see why he was at Juve great player. When Dylan goes will slot straight in as ready made replacement.

Jim44
13-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Slivka is underestimated but given the opportunity, recently, he has shown he can step up to the plate. Has to be in the squad next season, maybe even a starter in every game.

Dinkydoo
13-05-2018, 03:39 PM
I'm a big fan of Slivka.

A tidy passing player who'll get into the opponents box and chip in with a few goals.

Stick him in CM, get Allan back and buy a McGinn replacement and our midfield isn't looking bad for next season at all!

GlesgaeHibby
13-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Did well, and I thought improved when moved into a more central role which suits him.

Thegreenside
13-05-2018, 03:53 PM
He’s the main man in CM for us next season

seanshow
13-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Was one of the few plus points at the pbs and great again today, good positive link up and good energy, hope he gets a run in the team next season :)

truehibernian
13-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Simply a very very good footballer who will only get even better. Hopefully he’ll have a good pre-season, push on, and take one of those vacated midfield berths and make it his own. Really composed as well - a much needed attribute for a midfielder.

MyJo
13-05-2018, 04:10 PM
was up there with McGeouch as potential man of the match IMO

Callum_62
13-05-2018, 05:11 PM
I like Slivka alot - classy on the ball but not afraid to be physical

Hopefully see him centrally next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH1875
13-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Thought he was very good today :agree:

Dashing Bob S
13-05-2018, 05:24 PM
I think he'll be a key player next season and then be off for fat fee after that.

jakedance
13-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Superb in the first half today and it was good to see him asserting himself on the game. I think he’ll be an important player for us next season.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2018, 05:32 PM
Started off well though touch looked slightly out must be pissed off at always being the bridesmaid especially since his mate Big Dave got emtied be surprised if he wants to stay but depends on his contract. Would definitely have been suited against Hearts as has a reputation for scoring in big games but have to say Bartley must be feeling the same.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Tired second half understandable.

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Started off well though touch looked slightly out must be pissed off at always being the bridesmaid especially since his mate Big Dave got emtied be surprised if he wants to stay but depends on his contract. Would definitely have been suited against Hearts as has a reputation for scoring in big games but have to say Bartley must be feeling the same.

LustForLeith
13-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Thought he was brilliant today, especially in the first half. Thanks

Mibbes Aye
13-05-2018, 06:01 PM

Really hopeful for him next season, I hope he gets an extended run.

He's not going to replace DMcG or SJM though - he suits playing further forward than both of them and is more the link or the assist to my mind, with a keen eye for goal. He's a different player than Allan but in terms of the way we generally shaped up second half of the season then that's the most natural position for him.

Don't think we will keep the same shape next season anyway, unless we do manage to retain everyone, but hopefully Slivka gets regular football as he just looks classy.

Pretty Boy
13-05-2018, 06:08 PM
He was very good going forward. Whittaker seemed very exposed defensively though and often had 2 on 1 against him. Not sure if Slivka was getting dragged inside but we got torn apart down that side on a fair few occasions.

jax67
13-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Two good feet, never gives the ball away, always wants to go forward. More game time in the middle next season I think.

Hibs Class
13-05-2018, 06:32 PM

:agree: Hope so

bigwheel
13-05-2018, 07:02 PM

Dylan replacement???

Billy Whizz
13-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Dylan replacement???

Not as a like for like, but maybe we’ll play a bit differently

jgl07
13-05-2018, 07:21 PM
I'm a big fan of Slivka.

A tidy passing player who'll get into the opponents box and chip in with a few goals.

Stick him in CM, get Allan back and buy a McGinn replacement and our midfield isn't looking bad for next season at all!

Indeed.

Get Barker on loan for another year and tie up Maclaren and Kamberi for next season and things will be looking good.

J-C
13-05-2018, 07:51 PM
Dylan replacement???

Not as a like for like, but maybe we’ll play a bit differently

I said in my earlier post I can see Slivka as an ideal replacement for Dylan, calm and composed on the ball, good feet and plays with his head up, plus an intelligent player.

truehibernian
13-05-2018, 07:59 PM
I said in my earlier post I can see Slivka as an ideal replacement for Dylan, calm and composed on the ball, good feet and plays with his head up, plus an intelligent player.

I don't think he's like Dylan at all JC, rather, I liken him more to a Ray Kennedy type - he has a lovely languid style but is strong and athletic - I would play him behind the strikers at the tip of a diamond, or as an inside right.

We will need to recruit a player like Dylan who can anchor and start off play though. I'm confident we'll sign someone of good quality to fill that void :aok:

J-C
13-05-2018, 08:08 PM
I don't think he's like Dylan at all JC, rather, I liken him more to a Ray Kennedy type - he has a lovely languid style but is strong and athletic - I would play him behind the strikers at the tip of a diamond, or as an inside right.

We will need to recruit a player like Dylan who can anchor and start off play though. I'm confident we'll sign someone of good quality to fill that void :aok:

I didn't say he was like Dylan, I said he's an ideal replacement, if we get Allan back next season he'll be playing behind the strikers like he did today, Slivka is technically very good and is very intelligent on the ball, he's more than capable of playing the playmaker role for us.