PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Mac

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Sign the boy up.

SlickShoes
13-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Masterstroke bringing in him and Kamberi in January.

Bostonhibby
13-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Yep, might be out of our reach just now because of the situation at his own club but he's a proper striker. Interesting contrast with Jason today.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Speedy
13-05-2018, 01:48 PM
Agreed. Him and Kamberi make a great partnership.

Credit to Lennon and the recruitment team for finding them in January.

Nevi_SOL
13-05-2018, 01:48 PM
And good luck at the World Cup 😉👍🏼

Unseen work
13-05-2018, 01:52 PM
He’s a very weird player.

His touch and passing at times is shocking but next thing you know he pops up with a goal.

His sharpness, movement and finishing in and around the box is incredible and makes him a massive threat.

Took all 3 goals very very well today.

Delighted

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Yep, might be out of our reach just now because of the situation at his own club but he's a proper striker. Interesting contrast with Jason today.

But,but he only scrores goals!

lyonhibs
13-05-2018, 01:55 PM

His touch and passing at times is shocking but next thing you know he pops up with a goal.

His sharpness, movement and finishing in and around the box is incredible and makes him a massive threat.

Delighted

Made a dog's dinner of a couple of openings but he's lethal in that box. You can barely put a price on that ability and knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Zazu62
13-05-2018, 01:57 PM
He should have started against hearts. Massive mistake

SMAXXA
13-05-2018, 01:58 PM

I really like that comment re contrast sensible and imo correct. I’m still not convinced we can’t get better than mclaren but his goals tell me I may be wrong. Well done Jamie and no better statement to get into the World Cup squad than today.

ozwoody
13-05-2018, 02:00 PM
He also pulled wide and was open a couple of times in the first half but never got the pass.Great loan period for both him and Hibs.That display won’t have harmed his chance to be in the World Cup too

SteveHFC
13-05-2018, 02:05 PM

Really hope both players are back next season.

Outstanding signings.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-05-2018, 02:11 PM
Really hope both players are back next season.

Outstanding signings.

Give him and Kamberi a full preseason together and they’ll be frighteningly good

gordie18
13-05-2018, 02:17 PM
The two huddies at the middle of the Hun defence were terrified by his movement, Jason meanwhile spent the game closer to the linesman than Rocky....no comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

euro Hibby
13-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Night and day.. sorry Jason, you have still alot to learn and left Hibs too soon

neil7908
13-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Losing McGinn and McGeough will be a blow but I'll be over the moon if we can keep our centre forward paring today.

S4uzee
13-05-2018, 02:38 PM
3 goals today, scoring in another big game. And to think he never started the derby

JontyBGoode
13-05-2018, 02:41 PM

Has there been any chat about the possibility of keeping either/both? Would make summer recruitment much easier (or harder) depending on their futures.

archiebald
13-05-2018, 02:50 PM
But,but he only scrores goals!

And that wins games

Baader
13-05-2018, 02:59 PM
We'd have finished second if we'd had that front pairing from the start of the season I think.

ozwoody
13-05-2018, 03:04 PM
3 goals today, scoring in another big game. And to think he never started the derby

plus he got the penalty,huge contribution and massive mistake not to have him start on wednesday

stoneyburn hibs
13-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Fingers crossed that we start with the same front next season.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Barring a remarkable turnaround, there's no MacLaren next season unfortunately and that's through no fault of himself or Neil Lennon.

davhibby
13-05-2018, 03:08 PM

Delighted

He's a goalscorer which is what you want. Creates lots of chances with his movement. Hopefully we can get him signed up

Onion
13-05-2018, 03:13 PM
Missed a couple of good opps due to control and still got a treble. Sign of a good striker who doesn’t let his head go down.
Mac and Kam will have impressed those watching on TV, so we’ll do well to keep them.

hibee_girl
13-05-2018, 03:20 PM
A hat trick today will have done his World Cup hopes no harm :aok:

Diclonius
13-05-2018, 03:28 PM
I don't think he'll see him next season. His club will want megabucks.

Mr White
13-05-2018, 03:31 PM
I don't think he'll see him next season. His club will want megabucks.

And they've just secured their place in Bundesliga2 for next season.

SteveHFC
13-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Give him and Kamberi a full preseason together and they’ll be frighteningly good

Agreed.

Onceinawhile
13-05-2018, 04:21 PM
We'd have finished second if we'd had that front pairing from the start of the season I think.

2nd? We'd have won the thing!

emerald green
13-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Who was the last Hibs player to score a hat-trick versus the Ibrox outfit? Hope we can keep Jamie.

hibee_girl
13-05-2018, 04:30 PM
Who was the last Hibs player to score a hat-trick versus the Ibrox outfit? Hope we can keep Jamie.

Ivan

DTS
13-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Looking at the top scorers chart on the bbc, he has the best goals per minute ratio in the league. He’s a striker that knows how to score goals and be in the right place at the right time. Hope we manage to get him tied down but with his German team staying up I’d imagine they’ll price us out. Him and kamberi have made such a difference and if we could have them both along with allan next season then I think next year could be even better than this season

emerald green
13-05-2018, 04:35 PM
Ivan

So it was. Ta.

Pretty Boy
13-05-2018, 04:35 PM
He scores goals and he plays right on the last man, defenders hate that.

Some of the stuff written and said about him is baffling, some of it is just attention seeking though. His goal scoring record for us has been superb. If that was his last game today then I’m sad to see him go.

DaveF
13-05-2018, 04:38 PM
He scores goals and he plays right on the last man, defenders hate that.

Some of the stuff written and said about him is baffling, some of it is just attention seeking though. His goal scoring record for us has been superb. If that was his last game today then I’m sad to see him go.

I honestly never rated him, and spent most of the last few weeks expressing that opinion to others while he scored against Hearts, Killie, Celtc and Sevco.

Which just goes to show that I know the square root of f'all :greengrin

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Said it from day one guy scored goals for fun in OZ always had him first scorer usually a pen better than gardening boy Cummings could not believe he did not start against Hearts especially with his Hearts connections when was the last HIBS player to score a hatrick against t Hun?

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2018, 04:50 PM
We are lucky to have him recruitment staff should be congratulated posted that at the time as well.:not worth

monarch
13-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Never mind that, when was the last time we scored in injury time against Sevco ? :greengrin

BigT-Hibeez
13-05-2018, 05:13 PM
Sign the boy up.

Hope he goes to the World Cup, then signs for us on a 3 year deal..

Tobias Funke
13-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Was his hat trick a perfect one? First was a header, was too far away to recall what feet he used for goals two and three!

BILLYHIBS
13-05-2018, 05:48 PM

Delighted
Eh ?

Give me weird every time then.

Goals change games nothing weird about that!

Will be worth his weight in gold if we manage to keep hold of him.

bingo70
13-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Was his hat trick a perfect one? First was a header, was too far away to recall what feet he used for goals two and three!

Nah, was wondering the same thing but just checked again and used his right foot for two of them.

Tobias Funke
13-05-2018, 05:55 PM
Nah, was wondering the same thing but just checked again and used his right foot for two of them.

Cheers.:aok:

GoalsMcGinley
13-05-2018, 07:02 PM
There’s Hibs fans I know who don’t want him back. “All he does is score goals” they say. Nutters the lot of them!!

Billy Whizz
13-05-2018, 07:03 PM
I honestly never rated him, and spent most of the last few weeks expressing that opinion to others while he scored against Hearts, Killie, Celtc and Sevco.

Which just goes to show that I know the square root of f'all :greengrin

That’s right Dave😄

Billy Whizz
13-05-2018, 07:05 PM
I think if we were to get Jamie, it’s imperative that we get Kamberi 1st. Flo does a lot of the work that gives Jamie the space. Can’t imagine McLaren playing without a big striker beside him

Springbank
13-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Never mind that, when was the last time we scored in injury time against Sevco ? :greengrin

:cup::cup:

CmoantheHibs
13-05-2018, 08:39 PM
I hope he doesn't get selected for the Aussie squad. Well not unless we can strike a deal to sign him prior to the world cup.

13-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Darmstadt had a good run to finish their season, unbeaten in last 11 games, 5 wins and 6 draws to move from the relegation zone to 10th in an 18 team league.

I'm hoping they think they don't need Jamie and dismiss his goals for us as being in a league of a poor standard.

yonder1875
14-05-2018, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know what Jamie's game to goal record ended up being?

Heisenberg
14-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Scored 8 goals, which going by the BBC works out at a goal every 112 minutes he was on the park. Goals against Celtc, Rangers and Hearts as well. Some will still say he’s not good enough.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-05-2018, 09:51 AM

According to wiki, 8 goals in 15 games. Flo 9 goals in 18

Diclonius
14-05-2018, 09:53 AM
According to wiki, 8 goals in 15 games. Flo 9 goals in 18

Over a full season they'd both be pushing for 20. Very impressive.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Seemingly was told before the game yesterday that he isn’t in the squad?

Smartie
14-05-2018, 10:01 AM
I like him.

He seems to be of the Boyle/ Sproule/ Eoin Doyle mould - raw, with some rough edges, but effective.

He takes bad touches, gets caught offside and misses chances but we look a far more threatening team when he is in it. He does a lot more than just score goals - his movement pulls defenders all over the place.

I really hope he stays.

Borderhibbie76
14-05-2018, 10:24 AM
Seemingly was told before the game yesterday that he isn’t in the squad?I think he must have known post match as in his Hibs TV interview he never mentioned the World cup once...just mentioned chilling and going in hols before sorting out his future

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 10:26 AM
I think he must have known post match as in his Hibs TV interview he never mentioned the World cup once...just mentioned chilling and going in hols before sorting out his future

Disappointing for him on this front, but maybe helpful to Hibs in getting a deal sorted out, providing he wants to stay anyway!

euro Hibby
14-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Good awareness, good poacher. Would love to have him.

Stranraer
14-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Really hope he and Kamberi are with us next season, Cummings was good in the Championship but I think the Premiership is too high a level for him.

Onion
14-05-2018, 11:00 AM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/celtic-should-take-gamble-on-in-form-hitman-who-has-put-old-firm-to-the-sword/

Why don't the Hibs wannabes they just change their name to Hibernian FC ? Quicker and easier.

Borderhibbie76
14-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Disappointing for him on this front, but maybe helpful to Hibs in getting a deal sorted out, providing he wants to stay anyway!Lets hope so 🤞

hibee_girl
15-05-2018, 07:44 AM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-maclaren-fears-he-could-be-priced-out-of-return-to-hibs-1-4739264

He doesn’t want to go back to Germany

15-05-2018, 07:48 AM
Seemingly was told before the game yesterday that he isn’t in the squad?

If he was told before the game then that makes his hat-trick even more impressive. Didn't let his head go down and was determined to prove himself.

Sounds like he'd like to be with us next season.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/jamie-maclaren-fears-he-could-be-priced-out-of-return-to-hibs-1-4739264

Heisenberg
15-05-2018, 07:52 AM
I don’t see him coming back. Think he’ll get a move to England.

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 07:59 AM
From the evening news interview, he sounds desperate to stay here.

Arch Stanton
15-05-2018, 08:03 AM
It used to be the case that work permits would be needed for foreign players - I wonder what's changed.

I know Australia and Israel are in Eurovision Song Contest but you'd hardly think that counts.:greengrin

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 08:05 AM
It used to be the case that work permits would be needed for foreign players - I wonder what's changed.

I know Australia and Israel are in Eurovision Song Contest but you'd hardly think that counts.:greengrin

I think it helps if you have a certain number of international caps I believe? Could be wrong.

we are hibs
15-05-2018, 08:16 AM
It's encouraging he wants to stay. It's down to his own club now, I'm sure 4 goals against rangers, 1 against Celtic and 1 against hearts will have teams looking at him. It'd be such a boost if we could keep both him and Kamberi for next season

Sergio sledge
15-05-2018, 09:36 AM

Does he not have a British Passport due to his family? Pretty sure he played for Scotland at youth level before opting to play for Australia.

Ozyhibby
15-05-2018, 10:00 AM

His dad is Scottish, he’s eligible for a uk passport.

Forza Fred
15-05-2018, 12:05 PM
His dad is Scottish, he’s eligible for a uk passport.

He’s already got one.

He was on Blackburn’s books as a youth, and played for Scotland’s under something side.

SonOfDavidFrancey
15-05-2018, 04:13 PM
Quite interesting sh*t storm in Oz where accusations are made that a big commercial deal with Caltex is The reason Cahill was picked ahead of Jamie. Patrol stations being renamed Cahilltex for the duration of the tournament etc. Head of AUstralian FA has had to deny it....

Billy Whizz
15-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Quite interesting sh*t storm in Oz where accusations are made that a big commercial deal with Caltex. Is. The reason Cahill was picked ahead of Jamie. Head of AFA has had to deny it....

Cahill is a Legend in Oz, but there’s no way he should be going to the World Cup for football reasons

ozwoody
16-05-2018, 03:14 PM
Quite interesting sh*t storm in Oz where accusations are made that a big commercial deal with Caltex is The reason Cahill was picked ahead of Jamie. Patrol stations being renamed Cahilltex for the duration of the tournament etc. Head of AUstralian FA has had to deny it....
Very true...Caltex, who are a main sponsor of FFA , released promotional material within minutes of squad being announced. Cahill has played 87 minutes since last October.Jamie is the most prolific scorer in europe for the socceroos.It stinks to high heaven and shows how much influence big business has here

Billy Whizz
16-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Very true...Caltex, who are a main sponsor of FFA , released promotional material within minutes of squad being announced. Cahill has played 87 minutes since last October.Jamie is the most prolific scorer in europe for the socceroos.It stinks to high heaven and shows how much influence big business has here

Or it shows who picks the squad, and it doesn’t seem to be the Coach

Greenbeard
16-05-2018, 08:01 PM
If that is the case then v tough on JM, but I'd have thought we have more of a chance of keeping him now he is out of the World Cup squad, so with the green Hibs blinkers on, that's a positive from our POV.

ozwoody
17-05-2018, 01:11 AM
Or it shows who picks the squad, and it doesn’t seem to be the Coach

The coach is there for the warm up games and world cup, then he is getting replaced.
I think he has been to two A League games since his appointment.FFA are in dire need of money due to falling attendances and keeping someone like Caltex onside is crucial.
It was a given that Cahill would be in squad but I certainly think Jamie should have been ahead of Juric as he has only netted 7 all season compared to Jamies 8 in 13, 6 in the last 8

Forza Fred
17-05-2018, 01:56 AM
The coach is there for the warm up games and world cup, then he is getting replaced.
I think he has been to two A League games since his appointment.FFA are in dire need of money due to falling attendances and keeping someone like Caltex onside is crucial.
It was a given that Cahill would be in squad but I certainly think Jamie should have been ahead of Juric as he has only netted 7 all season compared to Jamies 8 in 13, 6 in the last 8

Exactly.

While there is no doubt that Cahill’s inclusion is partly down to commercial reasons....it would be childishly naive to suggest otherwise.....Jamie should have been included in place of Juric or 19 year old Daniel Arzani.

Jamie scored more goals in that one game against Rangers, than Arzani has scored in his entire A League career to date!

I can see the Socceroos struggling to get on the scoresheet in the finals, never mind win a game!

cocteautwin
17-05-2018, 04:56 AM
Oh, Jamie Mac, when are you coming back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obvSFWvgBhg

ian cruise
17-05-2018, 07:37 AM
I know the fee being talked about is put of our range, I wouldn't expect Hibs to pay 1 million for anyone, however I expect that to drop as the summer goes on and Jamie Mac to be back at Easter Road before the end of the window.

1van Sprou7e
17-05-2018, 07:47 AM
I know the fee being talked about is put of our range, I wouldn't expect Hibs to pay 1 million for anyone, however I expect that to drop as the summer goes on and Jamie Mac to be back at Easter Road before the end of the window.

Not many teams play with a poacher these days but I think there may be a fairly high demand for him

Pretty sure he ended up being the player with the most goals/minute in the premiership this season

The Leith Dutch
17-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Not many teams play with a poacher these days but I think there may be a fairly high demand for him

Pretty sure he ended up being the player with the most goals/minute in the premiership this season

I was surprised by this but you're spot on (at least as far as players with a few goals go).

A goal every 112 minutes.
Was surprised by his shot statistics too (at least the ones on the BBC):
23 shots, 18 on target and 8 goals.

Whether it's JM or not I'd like to see us with a player like him who's lightning over a yard or two in the box when the ball is nearby.

Part of why I think we did so well in the second part of the season was having a range of threats - Boyle and Barker can go past you and cut it back, Big Flo being a physical presence, Scott Allan carving defences open with his passing and Jamie Maclaren being quick in the box.

Far too often in the past we've been good for a bit and then teams worked out how to shut down our one type of threat.

Iain G
17-05-2018, 08:06 AM

FFA is completely corrupt and they make the SFA look professional :agree:

greenlex
17-05-2018, 08:38 AM
https://www.footballinsider247.com/celtic-should-take-gamble-on-in-form-hitman-who-has-put-old-firm-to-the-sword/

Why don't the Hibs wannabes they just change their name to Hibernian FC ? Quicker and easier.
A straight swap with Spark if he was ours.:agree:

Berwickhibby
17-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Does he not have a British Passport due to his family? Pretty sure he played for Scotland at youth level before opting to play for Australia.

Told me he has dual nationality, needed a British passport to play for Scotland u21s

Forza Fred
17-05-2018, 09:33 AM
FFA is completely corrupt and they make the SFA look professional :agree:

And they make them look competent!

spike220
17-05-2018, 10:46 AM
Wee Mac

SouthMoroccoStu
17-05-2018, 03:05 PM
And they make them look competent!

Steady on. You took that too far

Zazu62
17-05-2018, 04:49 PM
Why didn’t Mclaren start against hearts? Been bugging me for a while now. Truly bizarre from Lennon

stokesmessiah
17-05-2018, 05:01 PM
Why didn’t Mclaren start against hearts? Been bugging me for a while now. Truly bizarre from Lennon

I honestly think Lennon was annoyed with him for missing the pen and header against Aberdeen.

J-C
17-05-2018, 06:15 PM
I honestly think Lennon was annoyed with him for missing the pen and header against Aberdeen.

I think Lennon thought he could put any team out and win, backfired that one.

worcesterhibby
17-05-2018, 06:19 PM

I think thats nonsense, he felt pace would be Hearts undoing, so played barker instead of Jamie...it was the wrong decision, but no way did he think he could stick any team out.

J-C
17-05-2018, 06:27 PM
I think thats nonsense, he felt pace would be Hearts undoing, so played barker instead of Jamie...it was the wrong decision, but no way did he think he could stick any team out.

Barker's a decent player but never a starter against Hearts, Kamberi was isolated and having 2 strikers would've worked their defence more, don't change what's not broken. Maybe sticking any team out was the wrong choice of words but he got it all wrong.

hibbydoug
17-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Exactly.

While there is no doubt that Cahill’s inclusion is partly down to commercial reasons....it would be childishly naive to suggest otherwise.....Jamie should have been included in place of Juric or 19 year old Daniel Arzani.

Jamie scored more goals in that one game against Rangers, than Arzani has scored in his entire A League career to date!

I can see the Socceroos struggling to get on the scoresheet in the finals, never mind win a game!

Yep - cutting article about it in the Grauniad's daily email today (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/17/world-cup-fiver-australia-flamin-football-team-socceroos). Hope they don't make it past the group stage - it'll probably be like watching the Jambos.

SquashedFrogg
17-05-2018, 09:35 PM

Garbage. Do you seriously think that?

Peevemor
17-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Pinched from Facebook https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180517/0b5a522fb5788401ba0f9debcd49e3cf.jpg

J-C
17-05-2018, 11:16 PM
Garbage. Do you seriously think that?

I take it you didn't see the post 2 up from yours where I said it was maybe the wrong choice of words to use. :confused:

J-C
17-05-2018, 11:17 PM
Pinched from Facebook https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180517/0b5a522fb5788401ba0f9debcd49e3cf.jpg

:thumbsup:

stantonhibby
17-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Barker's a decent player but never a starter against Hearts, Kamberi was isolated and having 2 strikers would've worked their defence more, don't change what's not broken. Maybe sticking any team out was the wrong choice of words but he got it all wrong.

Started against them at ER and set up Murray for the goal.

Forza Fred
17-05-2018, 11:24 PM

Yep, that's why I think he dropped him to the bench too.....backfired on us.

Mind you, I was effin annoyed with him against Aberdeen too....

JimBHibees
18-05-2018, 06:11 AM

Obviously thought playing one up was better on the smaller pitch and wide players would work. Barker had a few good runs first half with little end product however we were ultimately undone by losing 2 appalling goals.

SquashedFrogg
18-05-2018, 06:48 AM
I take it you didn't see the post 2 up from yours where I said it was maybe the wrong choice of words to use. :confused:

Fair enough. That'll teach me from not reading your next post. Although your sentiment was the same. Which IMO is doing a manager a complete disservice.

jdships
18-05-2018, 09:06 AM

10/10
utter nonsense

The Leith Dutch
19-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Fair enough. That'll teach me from not reading your next post. Although your sentiment was the same. Which IMO is doing a manager a complete disservice.

TBF I think the sentiments are pretty different.

The original wording suggested Lennon was complacent which is pretty different to the rewording suggesting he'd possibly made an error in team selection. One of the things I like about Lennon is I strongly suspect he's never complacent :)

J-C
19-05-2018, 09:32 AM
TBF I think the sentiments are pretty different.

The original wording suggested Lennon was complacent which is pretty different to the rewording suggesting he'd possibly made an error in team selection. One of the things I like about Lennon is I strongly suspect he's never complacent :)

🖒

hhibs
19-05-2018, 10:43 AM

First thing that occurred to me too,a mistake I would say by NL,but understandable.

SChibs
19-05-2018, 10:47 AM

To be fair to Barker id start him every time against hearts at Easter road. But it was the wrong decision to start him at tynecastle.I