PDA

View Full Version : Record Points Total

Heisenberg
13-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Achieved our highest ever points total in this league setup with a draw today if I’m not mistaken. What a job Lennon has done. Fantastic.

danhibees1875
13-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Some achievement by Lennon and the team. :agree:

It's disappointing that it doesn't come with anything more than 4th this time around. Lennon being back and showing commitment to the cause was massive today - hopefully Celtic win the cup and we can go into next season looking forward to Europe, later stages of LC and hopefully another strong league showing.

Thank you Hibs.

Monts
13-05-2018, 05:34 PM
This should not be overlooked

Superb achievement

lyonhibs
13-05-2018, 05:39 PM
This should not be overlooked

Superb achievement

I think it slightly has.

We've just had, unequivocally and empirically, our best league season of the "3 points for a win" era.

That's awesome and bodes well for the future.

wookie70
13-05-2018, 05:58 PM
I think it slightly has.

We've just had, unequivocally and empirically, our best league season of the "3 points for a win" era.

It hasn't been overlooked as Lennon and Parker have mentioned it a good few times. It is certainly an achievement worthy of mention and there is no reason we can't secure a few more points next term. Our total would have been good enough for 3rd last year and the year before but we will likely to have to do better in terms of points to jump up places as Aberdeen have been hugely consistent getting over 70 for the last 3 seasons and 1 more than our record total the year before.

lyonhibs
13-05-2018, 06:11 PM
It hasn't been overlooked as Lennon and Parker have mentioned it a good few times. It is certainly an achievement worthy of mention and there is no reason we can't secure a few more points next term. Our total would have been good enough for 3rd last year and the year before but we will likely to have to do better in terms of points to jump up places as Aberdeen have been hugely consistent getting over 70 for the last 3 seasons and 1 more than our record total the year before.

I don't mean by Lennon and Parker, I meant by the fanbase.

K.Marx
13-05-2018, 06:16 PM
I don't mean by Lennon and Parker, I meant by the fanbase.

Agree with this. The fact we had 2nd place in sight with 2 games to go has almost worked against us cos many will feel deflated that we only managed 4th. On the grand scheme of things the end of the season has been superb, especially given our patchy home record up until the new year. Hopefully we recruit well and maintain our post new year form into next season

Crazyhorse
13-05-2018, 06:32 PM
I think it slightly has.

Clearly Celtic, the Dons, the dead rangers and now sevco have bettered that but out of interest does anyone know what is the best total the yams have managed?

wookie70
13-05-2018, 06:49 PM
In the same format they have 68 as their best in 03/04. We ended with 2 more than they got in their first season back up. They have had more when it was 2 points a game, even with fewer games, but it still wasn't quite enough to stop Albert popping up to spoil the party.

Crazyhorse
13-05-2018, 08:58 PM
In the same format they have 68 as their best in 03/04. We ended with 2 more than they got in their first season back up. They have had more when it was 2 points a game, even with fewer games, but it still wasn't quite enough to stop Albert popping up to spoil the party.

Cheers.

PapillonVert
13-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Yes, a much closer league these days. Not so long since the Ugly Sisters were in the 1st and 2nd spots every year and then at least 20 odd points to the 3rd placed team.

Would be great, though, if a non-OF team actually won the SPL.

PapillonVert
13-05-2018, 09:05 PM
Clearly Celtic, the Dons, the dead rangers and now sevco have bettered that but out of interest does anyone know what is the best total the yams have managed?

Are we allowed to take into account all the financial doping (in common parlance, cheating) that went on?