PDA

View Full Version : “The airplane”

Pages : [1] 2

hibeemikey21
13-05-2018, 01:25 PM
Just as legendary as the mo-bot/the bolt. Moment of the season for me.

Scorrie
13-05-2018, 01:28 PM

Very funny. I think Lennon gets Hibs !

sleeping giant
Brilliant from Lennon

nonshinyfinish
Anyone have a video clip?

Needs to be giffed.

SlickShoes
13-05-2018, 01:30 PM
We somehow rescued a draw from a terrible almost capitulation and that celebration was perfect. 10/10

Pretty Boy
13-05-2018, 01:30 PM
Brilliant from him, if you still needed proof he's passionate about Hibs that was it.

Jim44
13-05-2018, 01:31 PM
Personally, I found it a bit embarrassing and cringeworthy, but I’m happy to forego my feelings to get the Sevco muppets rabid with fury. :greengrin

hibee_nation
13-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Ha ha so funny bet the huns were spewing :nlgwa:nlgwa:nlgwa

c31
13-05-2018, 01:33 PM
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/995656778988883974

cocteautwin
13-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Best season in living memory. Thanks for the season Neil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinkydoo
13-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Can't fault him for it. I was doing the same round the livingroom

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 01:39 PM
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/995656778988883974

Fantastic and how can you get sent to the stands for doing an aeroplane???

snooky
13-05-2018, 01:41 PM
That aeroplaning - crazy Fokker. :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
13-05-2018, 01:42 PM
That aeroplaning - crazy Fokker.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 01:45 PM
That aeroplaning - crazy Fokker. :greengrin

Bandits at 12:30 watch your six Neil.

Tha Cabbage Kid
13-05-2018, 01:47 PM
I think that's why Lenny was so pissed off on Wednesday. He had planned that celebration for that game. Glad he got to do it today!!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
13-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Aeroplane Sunday 😂

Stranraer
13-05-2018, 01:54 PM

Fantastic, really do like Lennon and am pleased to hear he's staying. :nlgwa

lyonhibs
13-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Extraordinary stuff. Top lad. Doubtless be a lot of holier than thou hand wringing in some sections of the press, but to survive, Scottish football needs characters and days like today.

I'd be incandescent were I a Hun though 😂😂

SMAXXA
13-05-2018, 01:55 PM
The bomber, couldn’t help but keep the tune , do do do do doo doo do do do do dooo de do do do de do, do do do do do do doo aeroplane 😂 class and glad he had a great moment of enjoyment to sign off the season with. He deserves that.

Brilliant season, great memories and a great deal of positivity to look forward to for next season. Goin the bomber haha

adhibs
13-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Looks well and truly alive!

jacomo
13-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Aeroplane Sunday 😂

Loving the old school spelling here.

I remember being told off at school for writing ‘airplane’ - no such thing according to my teacher!

jacomo
13-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Fantastic and how can you get sent to the stands for doing an aeroplane???

I think the prolonged incursion onto the field of play was probably the key factor.

😀

Nevi_SOL
13-05-2018, 02:12 PM
Let’s all do the Lenny.
Let’s all do the Lenny.
Na Na Na Na

Whilst the the 3 and half packed stands at Easter Road are jumping around doing the aeroplane against the Rangers

superbam
13-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Decent way to end the season, getting it round the huns with the tantalizing possibility of a statement to come.

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 02:19 PM
I think the prolonged incursion onto the field of play was probably the key factor.

😀

He was only waiting as told on permission to land.

snooky
13-05-2018, 02:27 PM
I think we should adopt the Dambusters theme tune into our repertoire.
https://youtu.be/zyBLd1eRgts:// (https://youtu.be/zyBLd1eRgts)

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 02:29 PM

Now, now there that could be construed as a wee bit too english there sir.

Carheenlea
13-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Love Hibs, love Lennon, love Scottish football.

ErinGoBraghHFC
13-05-2018, 02:32 PM
nah. Thunderbirds.

snooky
13-05-2018, 02:38 PM
Now, now there that could be construed as a wee bit too english there sir.

Well hows about .....
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines"
"Fly Me To The Moon"
"We'll Fly High In The Sky" (Amen Corner)

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Well hows about .....
"Fly Me To The Moon"

I well remember Andy Fairweather Low and Amen Corner, well done.

WhileTheChief..
13-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Look at the grin on his face!!

He flipping well loves Hibs. Just brilliant :thumbsup:

wookie70
13-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Not for me. He was rightly sent to the stand and may well pick up a ban. Fun yes but also unprofessional. I'm surprised the announcer never piped up about a grown man invading the pitch rather than a few bairns.

I'm more interested in watching the players and team than the manager and he has lots to be proud of in the way they played for him this year. It seems to be the way he is though and clearly lots of fans love it. For me I'd rather see him aeroplaning towards the Hibs fans on the right side of the line. When we scored the first thought I had was to celebrate with my family and friends. The GIRUY follows after the important bit is over.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Not for me. He was rightly sent to the stand and may well pick up a ban. Fun yes but also unprofessional. I'm surprised the announcer never piped up about a grown man invading the pitch rather than a few bairns.

I'm more interested in watching the players and team than the manager and he has lots to be proud of in the way they played for him this year. It seems to be the way he is though and clearly lots of fans love it. For me I'd rather see him aeroplaning towards the Hibs fans on the right side of the line. When we scored the first thought I had was to celebrate with my family and friends. The GIRUY follows after the important bit is over.

You must be a great laugh at parties

SChibs
13-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Cheer up

yonder1875
13-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Lighten up.

Dalianwanda
13-05-2018, 02:55 PM

bring back colin calderwood

One Day Soon
13-05-2018, 03:03 PM

I think we should be adding Motorhead's Bomber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2S9rwyQkJE

One Day Soon
13-05-2018, 03:04 PM

"Happy, happy talking, happy talk..."

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2018, 03:05 PM

I'll give you access to both my sisters if it cheers you up?

lyonhibs
13-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Great patter. Top notch stuff. Sheesh 🙄

stoneyburn hibs
13-05-2018, 03:18 PM

It's clear that he wears his heart on his sleeve. Might be unprofessional but he's only human and was simply letting off steam after having to listen to that lot calling him a fenion b for the duration of the game. Surely you can cut him some slack?
A manager who cares and has character, I'll take that every time.

Onion
13-05-2018, 03:20 PM
End of season banter by Lennon after being continually called a Fenian ******* by the Huns. Fair game. He should get zero punishment.

Think he hates the Huns more than he loves Hibs though.

SaulGoodman
13-05-2018, 03:24 PM
End of season banter by Lennon after being continually called a Fenian ******* by the Huns. Fair game. He should get zero punishment.

Think he hates the Huns more than he loves Hibs though.

Seems fair. If I managed Celtic I would still hate Hearts more than I liked Celtic.

hibsbollah
13-05-2018, 03:25 PM
It quite frankly beggars belief.

Stranraer
13-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Love Hibs, love Lennon, love Scottish football.

Absolutely agree with this - the passion is immense.

wookie70
13-05-2018, 03:35 PM
It's clear that he wears his heart on his sleeve. Might be unprofessional but he's only human and was simply letting off steam after having to listen to that lot calling him a fenion b for the duration of the game. Surely you can cut him some slack?
A manager who cares and has character, I'll take that every time.

Plenty ways to let off steam and it doesn't really bother me in the slightest as there was so much on the park today to entertain regardless of his small cameo appearance. Given the week he has had it was maybe understandable but then again so would have been trying to keep out the limelight, not his style though.

If Lennon wants to continue to call the players unprofessional, which has happened a good few times, then I think he needs to have a high professional standard himself. It was a fairly insignificant thing on a great day for football, which he contributed to greatly by sending us out with belief to go for the jugular and by adding to an already good team with yet more attacking talent. He and the team have done really well this year and I hope there is more to come. I'd be quite happy if he stayed off the pitch and out of the stand though next year.

Kato
13-05-2018, 03:55 PM
Jeez, he cups his ears and the stickies want him arrested. So he carefully celebrates by keeping his hands as far from his ears as possible and they still ain't happy.

keep the faith
13-05-2018, 04:01 PM

Was great fun, but don't kid yourself here. He flipping well hates rangers is more like it. That's the truth of it.

Sioux
13-05-2018, 04:07 PM

:faf::faf::faf:

SteveHFC
13-05-2018, 04:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/rBCPtkB.gif

emerald green
13-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Great stuff from Neil Lennon. I'm glad Hibs have got a man in charge who is passionate about his team and this club.

GIRFUY newco.

staunchhibby
13-05-2018, 04:15 PM
Any body got a vid of Neil doing his impersonation of a 747:aok:

Jack Hackett
13-05-2018, 04:21 PM

:top marks

Epic, Steve

hibbyfraelibby
13-05-2018, 04:29 PM

More likely the Battle of Britian theme because our wee Spitfire shot down the dreaded hun bombers...

WoreTheGreen
13-05-2018, 04:36 PM

Stop being so boeing

Seveno
13-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Brilliant moment to end a wonderful season. Thanks, Neil.

Hedlund12
13-05-2018, 05:09 PM

Cummoan S, they had been winding him up all the 2nd half.... calling him a fenian b@$t@rd. Noising the Hibs fans up claiming NL was walking..

He made my day.. I thought I was going to have an asthma attack with laughter!!

Personally... if I'd been in his shoes and had an AKA... I'd have taken a few of them out! 🤣

CathroMustStay
13-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Personally, I found it a bit embarrassing and cringeworthy, but I’m happy to forego my feelings to get the Sevco muppets rabid with fury. :greengrin

Embarrassing yer arse.

:nlgwa

marinello59
13-05-2018, 05:16 PM

A fantastic moment. And after all the abuse he took from the away stand completely justified.

nonshinyfinish
13-05-2018, 05:17 PM

Well played Steve. :aok:

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 05:52 PM

I'm feeling a bit miserable, too.

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Jeez, he cups his ears and the stickies want him arrested. So he carefully celebrates by keeping his hands as far from his ears as possible and they still ain't happy.

:faf:

Brilliant.

HibbyScott
13-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Stop being so boeing

:faf: this made me laugh a lot more than it should have!

Mibbes Aye
13-05-2018, 06:07 PM
A fantastic moment. And after all the abuse he took from the away stand completely justified.

:agree: He's a human being, with emotions and that.

Up there for me with Collins wandering around the pitch looking shell-shocked after the '07 final.

Just a couple of guys feeling the impact of something really important to them and reacting accordingly.

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2018, 06:10 PM
i really wish he had been cupping his ears after the flying stopped

jumbo jim traynor will come out with a statement

"the fenian manager of hibernian football club could clearly be seen flying his plane towards our bigoted sectarian shower of utter filth fans"

SideBurns
13-05-2018, 06:13 PM

Loady pish. It was magic.

007 Mickey Weir
13-05-2018, 06:21 PM
I was totally annoyed at his comments on Wed. But this is pure brilliant banter. We need more fun characters in the game.

Love it!!

WoreTheGreen
13-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Boyle Kamberi Maclaren Barker Shaw the Green arrows

Crazyhorse
13-05-2018, 06:26 PM
I think we should be adding Motorhead's Bomber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2S9rwyQkJE

Yeah good one. Like me Neil might remember Motorhead coming to Belfast in 1980 on their 'Bomber tour' - great name for a tour to NI that year...

Pretty Boy
13-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Only in Scotland could one guy celebrating be painted as more controversial than 1500 people aiming sectarian abuse at the same man.

The DR article sums it up. A sort of disbelieving, incredulous tone that NL has dared to mention the songs and a lot of implication that he is in the wrong.

Good on him I say and if he gets a fine I'll happily put my hand in my pocket to help him or the club pay it.

One Day Soon
13-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Am I missing the significance of this celebration? Why an aeroplane?

coco22
13-05-2018, 06:52 PM
"Well they make it personal don't they? You all hear it.

"They are singing sectarian songs at me. It's just a little bit of 'have some of that'.

"I enjoyed the moment. It was a big jumbo jet there."

At the time I thought it was a funny but a bit of a cringe. Fair play to him actually, was entitled to a GIRUY, imo

hibsbollah
13-05-2018, 07:05 PM
Only in Scotland could one guy celebrating be painted as more controversial than 1500 people aiming sectarian abuse at the same man.

The DR article sums it up. A sort of disbelieving, incredulous tone that NL has dared to mention the songs and a lot of implication that he is in the wrong.

Good on him I say and if he gets a fine I'll happily put my hand in my pocket to help him or the club pay it.

Completely agree with all of that :agree: But it's time for EVERYONE to call those ****ers out about their wee ditties.

Watching Cliff Pikes interview with him post match, I was imagining myself in Cliffs shoes,and I'd ask

'Neil, does it not beggar belief that in this day and age, thousands of supporters of that particular club, can call you a fenian so and so, every single time we play them, and not a single word is said about it? Are you angry that the journalist community, of which I am a part, is complicit in ignoring the bigotry and prejudice that continues to shame us? '.

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Completely agree with all of that :agree: But it's time for EVERYONE to call those ****ers out about their wee ditties.

Watching Cliff Pikes interview with him post match, I was imagining myself in Cliffs shoes,and I'd ask

'Neil, does it not beggar belief that in this day and age, thousands of supporters of that particular club, can call you a fenian so and so, every single time we play them, and not a single word is said about it? Are you angry that the journalist community, of which I am a part, is complicit in ignoring the bigotry and prejudice that continues to shame us? '.

That's the perfect question.

SideBurns
13-05-2018, 07:08 PM
Who cares If his "airplane" celebration had any significance - I suspect not and that all we'll ever know is Lenny was happy and ra Huns were Pigeon's Beak.

That'll do for me.

scm70nyd1973
13-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Well hows about .....
"Fly Me To The Moon"

Tom Petty song for Lancaster Lenny :

Lenny’s learning to fly
But he ain’t got wings
Sent to the stand
It’s just one of his things

Wait for the DR trying to tell everyone that he really did drop some live bombs on the the thes fans and that several injuries have been reported

Mick O'Rourke
13-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Cannae stop laughing at that.
Never seen anything like it
Coming to cinema near you very soon.
"The Lenny has Landed"
What is he like ?
He must have known he would get grounded and his wings clipped.
But he did not give a jot.
Up there with the "cupped ears",but funnier!

On a more serious note
That hateful mob have tormented the man for years.
On and off the park
Its shameful and an indictment on our society that this vile behavior has been allowed to continue with the new club.
For them its not about football,is it?
Has anyone heard them sing a "football song" at games?
Not i ..Not for many many years anyway.
Sad

green day
13-05-2018, 07:46 PM
I am very pleased that NL called them out for the sectarian songs, and doubly pleased that Tom English also reported it.

Huns are ****, the banner was 100% right 👍

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 07:47 PM
I am very pleased that NL called them out for the sectarian songs, and doubly pleased that Tom English also reported it.

Huns are ****, the banner was 100% right 👍

What banner?

euro Hibby
13-05-2018, 07:50 PM
bears den and the pit are fuming........

One Day
13-05-2018, 07:52 PM

Dearie me

Radium
13-05-2018, 07:52 PM
What banner?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/11c2adb19e5e209ee0c462d9f6f531d1.jpg

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 07:54 PM
What banner?

There was a banner unfurled during the match, with HUN **** written on it. We might get a wee fine for that, but it will be worth every penny.

greenlex
13-05-2018, 07:55 PM
A wee bit foo fighters pre match minimum.

Keith_M
13-05-2018, 07:58 PM
There was a banner unfurled during the match, with HUN **** written on it. We might get a wee fine for that, but it will be worth every penny.

There was a smaller, but related, banner directly above it that said "Statement Incoming", so they had a specific purpose in mind.

Anyway, if Hibs can be criticized for this, how about the 1,800 Rangers Fans singing Sectarian Ditties throughout the game?

Hibrandenburg
13-05-2018, 07:58 PM

He loves getting it up the Huns.

Paisley Hibby
13-05-2018, 08:02 PM

Jings, you're a right wee ray of sunshine. Do you live in a bungalow and drive a rover by any chance?

lapsedhibee
13-05-2018, 08:04 PM
"the fenian manager of hibernian football club could clearly be seen flying his plane towards our bigoted sectarian shower of utter filth fans"

... it beggaring belief that this particular fenian could make such a gesture so soon after the Twin Towers tragedy bla bla bla ...

Billy Whizz
13-05-2018, 08:05 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180513/11c2adb19e5e209ee0c462d9f6f531d1.jpg

As long as we didn’t pay for this with our donations on here

Smartie
13-05-2018, 08:12 PM
I'll argue all day long that Hun isn't a sectarian slur, but I'm really not all that into flying "Hun ****" banners at Easter Road.

Cabbage East
13-05-2018, 08:15 PM

I hope we did. Love it.

JimBHibees
13-05-2018, 08:17 PM

Not great that imo. Stooping to their level.

marinello59
13-05-2018, 08:34 PM

Fair point.
I thought it was funny at the time but given the drive to define Hun as a sectarian term, which it isn’t, we could pay a price.

Kato
13-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Was part of the whip-round not to pay for the fine? :cb

vuefrom1875
13-05-2018, 08:38 PM
That aeroplaning - crazy Fokker. :greengrinfokker wrong with that gadgie 🤣🤣😋

One Day
13-05-2018, 08:43 PM
I hope we did. Love it.

Me too .Hun barstewards

Deansy
13-05-2018, 08:51 PM

Afaic, for just those few seconds it took Lennie to do his 'Hibee-Dreamliner' impersonation, he represented the entire Hibs-support (and Scottish Football in general) by giving the GIRFUY to the most loathesome, hateful, repugnant 'support' in, if not the world, then certainly the British Isles - the Hun and it's nasty little club contribute 'Zero' to the game or the country and are nothing more than a constant embarassment !

jacomo
13-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Have we had a statement yet?

Kato
13-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Afaic, for just those few seconds it took Lennie to do his 'Hibee-Dreamliner' impersonation, he represented the entire Hibs-support (and Scottish Football in general) by giving the GIRFUY to the most loathesome, hateful, repugnant 'support' in, if not the world, then certainly the British Isles - the Hun and it's nasty little club contribute 'Zero' to the game or the country and are nothing more than a constant embarassment !
...and occasional disgrace.

Lancs Harp
13-05-2018, 09:12 PM
After going personally delirious after the goal I looked up to see what i thought was a fan on the pitch, took a second or two to realise it was our beloved manager, made me chuckle anyway. :greengrin

Glory Lurker
13-05-2018, 09:18 PM
After going personally delirious after the goal I looked up to see what i thought was a fan on the pitch, took a second or two to realise it was our beloved manager, made me chuckle anyway. :greengrin

My experience too! Glad I happened to look over that way when I did because I managed to see the whole flight!

Winston Ingram
13-05-2018, 09:26 PM

Dry yer eyes

The Harp
13-05-2018, 09:35 PM
Great to see Neil letting his hair down and enjoying himself after being subjected to continual sectarian abuse from the bigots throughout the 90 minutes.
Well done Neil and thanks for your part in giving us a season to remember.

Wee Effen Bee
13-05-2018, 09:47 PM
Loving the old school spelling here.

I remember being told off at school for writing ‘airplane’ - no such thing according to my teacher!

😠Well, ‘aeroplane’ is the correct spelling here in Scotland - nothing old school about it matey!. ‘Airplane’ on the other hand is another example of an Americanism creeping into usage because of the deluge of Yank movies and products drowning our culture ...which just isn’t acceptable!😁. Lenny does the aeroplane not the airplane!✈️

Wilson
13-05-2018, 09:57 PM
😠Well, ‘aeroplane’ is the correct spelling here in Scotland - nothing old school about it matey!. ‘Airplane’ on the other hand is another example of an Americanism creeping into usage because of the deluge of Yank movies and products drowning our culture ...which just isn’t acceptable!😁. Lenny does the aeroplane not the airplane!✈️

Jeez what a read. I knew I picked the wrong day to quit amphetamines.

Sammy7nil
14-05-2018, 12:13 AM

Me too get the ba bang it in the centre asap and win the ******g game. Anything else is just silly

KerPlunk
14-05-2018, 05:20 AM

“Well they make it personal don’t they?” he said. “You all hear it. They are singing sectarian songs at me. It’s just a little bit of: ‘Have some of that.’

“It was worth it. Trust me. Bobby was fine about it. I should not get a ban for that. I was just letting them know how pleased I was to get the equaliser. I enjoyed the moment. It was a big jumbo jet there.”

Some boy.....:thumbsup:

Ryan69
14-05-2018, 05:54 AM
Fair point.
I thought it was funny at the time but given the drive to define Hun as a sectarian term, which it isn’t, we could pay a price.

Its not sectarian though.

I believe its due to a friendly match against Everton that The Rangers fans caused absolute chaos down there.
One reporter described them as a bunch of Marauding Huns....and its stuck from that day.
Its also a term used for enemy. Some people refered to the Germans a huns(during the war).

Velma Dinkley
14-05-2018, 07:35 AM
I like pleasure spiked with pain
And Lennon is my aeroplane
Neil's my aeroplane
Songbird sweet and sour Jane
And Lennon is my aeroplane
Neil's my aeroplane

NAE NOOKIE
14-05-2018, 07:54 AM
Loved the aeroplane

Loved the banner

Though the announcer was a wee bit OTT threatening that the players would leave the pitch just because about 20 bairns had run on

What a season its been .... Following Hibs is often frustrating, often drives you nuts, has reduced me to tears at times .... but its never never boring :greengrin

Brunswickbill
14-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Did the yanks not invent the flying machine? So I suppose they have every right to name it and decide on the spelling. Just a thought.

hibbysam
14-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Loved the aeroplane

Loved the banner

Though the announcer was a wee bit OTT threatening that the players would leave the pitch just because about 20 bairns had run on

What a season its been .... Following Hibs is often frustrating, often drives you nuts, has reduced me to tears at times .... but its never never boring :greengrin

If it was just bairns I’d agree, but when teenagers and grown men are surrounding Scott Allan who had his wee kid and literally taking his boots off his feet then something had to be said.

What a season and what a team this is though, genuinelu wouldn’t have it any other way.

crash
14-05-2018, 08:13 AM
Am I missing the significance of this celebration? Why an aeroplane?

Possibly still suffering from flew.

Hibbyradge
14-05-2018, 08:33 AM
Possibly still suffering from flew.

Love it.

14-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Brilliant, GIRFU the lot of them. They gave him dogs abuse so good on him for having a bit of fun.

The faux outrage from the huns is cringeworthy. Call him all the fenians etc etc etc but *gasp* SHOCK HORROR! IM SO OFFENDED! at a goal celebration. Aye ok then :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
14-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Only disappointment for me was that I completely missed it!
Didn't even know he'd been sent off until reading the match report.

WeeRussell
14-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Loved the aeroplane

Loved the banner

Agreed mostly - although I suspect the announcer hasn't much choice but to discourage any form of invasion... even if it was just a bit of youthful.. ahem.. exuberance.

As for the Aeroplane celebration.. I've never said it on here before, but think I am ready to now... I love Neil Lennon. :greengrin

I'm Spartacus
14-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Great moment! Would have been 100 times better if I hadn't been raging with him all week!!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Cannae stop laughing at that.
Never seen anything like it
Coming to cinema near you very soon.
"The Lenny has Landed"
What is he like ?
He must have known he would get grounded and his wings clipped.
But he did not give a jot.
Up there with the "cupped ears",but funnier!

On a more serious note
That hateful mob have tormented the man for years.
On and off the park
Its shameful and an indictment on our society that this vile behavior has been allowed to continue with the new club.
For them its not about football,is it?
Has anyone heard them sing a "football song" at games?
Not i ..Not for many many years anyway.
Sad

I cannae work out what the tune is for this.

Brizo
14-05-2018, 01:37 PM
Brilliant stuff from Lenny.

Bottom line is anti Catholic abuse remains Scotlands acceptable shame.

If Lenny was black, gay or Muslim and been subjected to 90 minutes abuse because of it , the Scottish media and Scottish Parliament would be all over it today.

Anti Catholic abuse just gets swept under the carpet and if it takes the "aeroplane" to highlight it fair play to Lennon.

Iggy Pope
14-05-2018, 01:46 PM

Prose. Not pose!

Fife-Hibee
14-05-2018, 02:36 PM

If Lenny was black, gay or Muslim and been subjected to 90 minutes abuse because of it , the Scottish media and Scottish Parliament would be all over it today.

Anti Catholic abuse just gets swept under the carpet and if it takes the "aeroplane" to highlight it fair play to Lennon.

If it was racist, homophobic or anti-islamic abuse coming from The Rangers fans.... that too would be swept under the rug. In fact, i'm pretty sure it is.

sadtom
14-05-2018, 03:05 PM
I have a bit of an issue with the banner.
Why is their a 'space'? Surely Hunsc*m should be just one word.
If there is a fine i'm up for chucking in a few quid.
Good on Lenny. As has been said lets get their sectarian filth highlighted.

A wee attempt at a song (with flying motion as per the gaffer) I know its not the full song/tune...just the first verse repeated 3 times with different words and a big Sinatra finish.

Come fly like Neil, lets fly,
lets fly away.
The abuse they use when they're full of booze
Is just hate and big-o-try
So lets fly like Neil, lets fly,
lets fly away.

lets fly away.
We shut you up, like when we we won the cup,
with David Gray, that day in May.
So lets fly like Neil, lets fly,
lets fly away.

lets fly away.
3 from MacLaren, 1 Scotty Allan
and big Flo Kam-ber-i
So lets fly like Neeeeil
Cause the huns aint reeeeal.
Theirclubdiedwhenthey walked awaaaay!

Phil MaGlass
14-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Its good he mentioned the sectarian singing. More folk take notice then

CockneyRebel
14-05-2018, 03:54 PM

It would certainly cheer me up!

Doh Rae Me
14-05-2018, 04:00 PM
That song is a bit catchy.:nlgwa

Pedantic_Hibee
14-05-2018, 04:22 PM
I'm feeling a bit miserable, too.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sir David Gray
14-05-2018, 04:32 PM

So would I.

There's no danger he should be fined for what he did.

We scored in the last minute to equalise in a match that finished 5-5 I want my manager reacting like that in those circumstances.

Brizo
14-05-2018, 04:35 PM
If it was racist, homophobic or anti-islamic abuse coming from The Rangers fans.... that too would be swept under the rug. In fact, i'm pretty sure it is.

I'm not convinced about that. I'm sure your right that type of bigotry exists but it isn't at the level of tens of thousands of home fans at Ibrox or whole away supports like yesterday joining in with it.

Id maintain that thirty or forty thousand at Ibrox chanting the n word for example , would create a very different response from our media and politicians than the lip service response (at best) when thirty or forty thousand chant about "fenians".

The Green Goblin
14-05-2018, 04:39 PM

:greengrin Possibly my favourite ever Hibs goal related celebration.

The Green Goblin
14-05-2018, 04:48 PM
Not for me. 1.He was rightly sent to the stand and may well pick up a ban. Fun yes but also unprofessional. 2. I'm surprised the announcer never piped up about a grown man invading the pitch rather than a few bairns.

I'm more interested in watching the players and team than the manager and he has lots to be proud of in the way they played for him this year. It seems to be the way he is though and clearly lots of fans love it. For me I'd rather see him aeroplaning towards the Hibs fans on the right side of the line. 3. When we scored the first thought I had was to celebrate with my family and friends. The GIRUY follows after the important bit is over.

1. I really don’t think he gave a ****. Neither did I. It was well worth it.

2. He’s the Hibs manager.

3. Do you have a pdf set of instructions for the “correct” or “appropriate” manner in which to celebrate the scoring of a goal during a competitive football association match? Do share. :aok:

snooky
14-05-2018, 05:50 PM
:greengrin Possibly my favourite ever Hibs goal related celebration.

Everytime I see the clip I **** myself laughing.
Right up there with SOL & Ivan's 3-0 'crucifixion' photo in "Hibs Classic Celebrations".

Bighoose
14-05-2018, 06:03 PM
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/neil-lennon-sent-off-for-airplane-celebration-after-last-minute-goal-against-rangers-178202

Oh Scottish football, please never change

In a normal world, Hibernian drawing 5-5 with Rangers should have been the most newsworthy and funny thing about Scottish football today, but this is not a normal world, and the Scottish Premiership is not a normal league.

Neil Lennon's side had raced into a 3-0 lead inside the first half, before his side conceded five goals, finding themselves 5-3 down to a very happy Rangers team.

It all looked pretty downhill for Hibs and Lennon at that point. It did not seem like a day which would at one point see Lennon doing an airplane celebration on the pitch.

But thankfully, today was that day. Going into the fourth minute of injury time 5-4 down, Hibs' Jamie Maclaren scored his third of the game, equaling the score and sending Easter Road into rapturous delight.

It was at this point that Lennon, presumably seconds after having his body taken over by an excitable toddler, sprinted onto the pitch with his arms extended, like said toddler ignoring a "Stay Off The Grass" sign in favour of living his best life.

He then continued to run with a face which suggested that, right then and there, he was the happiest person in the world, leaning left and then right as his little airplane weaved through invisible obstacles.

He finished it off with a lovely little run up and fist pump in the air, before being swiftly sent off by referee Andrew Dallas.

But Lennon didn't care, because he is an airplane.

:thumbsup:

147lothian
14-05-2018, 06:48 PM

This will never take off! Football is entertainment, it needs characters like Lenny who understand fans and puts a bit of fun back into going to games.

One Day Soon
14-05-2018, 06:53 PM
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/neil-lennon-sent-off-for-airplane-celebration-after-last-minute-goal-against-rangers-178202

In a normal world, Hibernian drawing 5-5 with Rangers should have been the most newsworthy and funny thing about Scottish football today, but this is not a normal world, and the Scottish Premiership is not a normal league.

Neil Lennon's side had raced into a 3-0 lead inside the first half, before his side conceded five goals, finding themselves 5-3 down to a very happy Rangers team.

It all looked pretty downhill for Hibs and Lennon at that point. It did not seem like a day which would at one point see Lennon doing an airplane celebration on the pitch.

But thankfully, today was that day. Going into the fourth minute of injury time 5-4 down, Hibs' Jamie Maclaren scored his third of the game, equaling the score and sending Easter Road into rapturous delight.

It was at this point that Lennon, presumably seconds after having his body taken over by an excitable toddler, sprinted onto the pitch with his arms extended, like said toddler ignoring a "Stay Off The Grass" sign in favour of living his best life.

He then continued to run with a face which suggested that, right then and there, he was the happiest person in the world, leaning left and then right as his little airplane weaved through invisible obstacles.

He finished it off with a lovely little run up and fist pump in the air, before being swiftly sent off by referee Andrew Dallas.

Just perfect.

poolman
14-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Yea, whatever 🙄

SaulGoodman
14-05-2018, 07:29 PM
Seen here re-living that moment, in the boozer :greengrin

https://twitter.com/daviekirky/status/996101786887966721?s=21

Itsnoteasy
14-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Best season in living memory. Thanks for the season Neil.

Seriously.
21st May 2016

SaulGoodman
14-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Seriously.
21st May 2016

"Season"

MurrayfieldHibs
14-05-2018, 07:41 PM

Sprouleflyer
14-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Just seen a video of Lennon in the Three Sisters recreating the airplane celebrations, brilliant!

heretoday
14-05-2018, 10:03 PM
I'm just trying to imagine Eddie Turnbull doing that, or Jock Stein!

Or Alex Miller!

snooky
14-05-2018, 10:05 PM
I'm just trying to imagine Eddie Turnbull doing that, or Jock Stein!

Or Alex Miller!

Or Craig Le.... sorry, I'm getting silly now.

majorhibs
14-05-2018, 10:12 PM

Someone good at that kinda stuff, should take some footage of a game like Sundays, with them in full sectarian singing mode, & replace the anti-catholic words with anti black/gay/muslim words & post the video to the SFA. But, also, keep a copy which could potentially be seen worldwide. It’s amazing how much the potential of really bad press concentrates even the most unwilling of minds

Danderhall Hibs
14-05-2018, 10:14 PM

I think it’s a poem. It’s a fancy one that doesn’t rhyme.

SaulGoodman
14-05-2018, 10:17 PM
I think it’s a poem. It’s a fancy one that doesn’t rhyme.
Or a haiku.

Hibs 5 Sevco 5
Lennon is an aeroplane
The Rangers are *****

1875godsgift
14-05-2018, 10:24 PM
Or a haiku.

Hibs 5 Sevco 5
Lennon is an aeroplane
The Rangers are *****

Bless you

If a hun sings in the bath
and there's nobody around to hear
does it make it sectarian?

Tornadoes70
14-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Lenny is a top man allied with being a great manager. A season to remember that had us chasing second place up until virtually the last couple of games. With very healthy attendances and a good board in situ that will support Lenny once again in recruitment close season there's exciting times ahead and here's to next season with another crack at cup honors and finishing as high up the league as we possibly can.

Mon the Cabbage!

:flag:

iwasthere1972
14-05-2018, 11:44 PM
Bless you

If a hun sings in the bath
and there's nobody around to hear
does it make it sectarian?

A hun in a bath. :faf::faf::faf:

1875godsgift
14-05-2018, 11:47 PM
It was a hypothetical haiku.... 😁

iwasthere1972
14-05-2018, 11:49 PM
It was a hypothetical haiku.... 😁

Haiku too. :greengrin

Jim Herriot
15-05-2018, 02:25 AM
five goals for the huns
celtic seven in a row
five goals for the hibs

I'm Spartacus
15-05-2018, 11:19 AM
So the singers of "Up to our knees in Fenian blood" are raging at the Hun **** banner.

The fact you sing those words make you Hun ****.

Stevie Reid
15-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Been charged for the celebrations:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44129302

Has there been a word said about the songs from the away end from the authorities?

grunt
15-05-2018, 03:31 PM
4 match ban!! They sure like to punish Neil Lennon, don't they?

Seems hugely excessive to me. It was in the 93rd minute.

Mr White
15-05-2018, 03:33 PM

Has there been a word said about the songs from the away end from the authorities?

Of course not but going by Lennon's comments after the match I suspect he'll shine a light on them at his hearing.

Haymaker
15-05-2018, 03:35 PM
:faf: the sfa all over

SouthMoroccoStu
15-05-2018, 03:37 PM

If any further proof was needed that the sfa are all Huns here it is

Zero will be done about the bile they sang any time they opened their mouths

hibsbollah
15-05-2018, 03:37 PM
There's a good argument that you can coach a game better from up in the stands anyway , you can certainly see better and be in position to make half time changes.

grunt
15-05-2018, 03:46 PM
There's a good argument that you can coach a game better from up in the stands anyway , you can certainly see better and be in position to make half time changes.Not so much room to do the airplane though.

JeMeSouviens
15-05-2018, 03:50 PM
If any further proof was needed that the sfa are all Huns here it is

Zero will be done about the bile they sang any time they opened their mouths

Supposedly Hibs are one of the clubs that don't support strict liability.

When they were subject to UEFA's strict liability, the Billy Boys and what have you almost died out completely. It's the obvious answer to the problem.

hibsbollah
15-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Not so much room to do the airplane though.

Let's all chip in for a jet pack :agree:

RoxburghHibs
15-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Would chip in to help pay any fine.

BtW isn’t the correct spelling aeroplane? Airplane is the US spelling

Stevie Reid
15-05-2018, 04:21 PM

Or just hire a plane, and get the Hun banner attached to the back of it.

We can ask the Yams where they got their Robbie Neilson one.

Pretty Boy
15-05-2018, 04:25 PM
Brilliant.

I'm going to go out to my local Church of Scotland next weekend, scream about 'orange *******s' whilst the service is ongoing, sing a few ditties about historical massacres and maybe air a few chants about Catholic supriority as well.

As long as I don't do anything really provocative like wave my arms about and run in a circle I'll be fine.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-05-2018, 04:25 PM
With this disciplinary hearing, as far as I’m concerned, the sfa can sit back, relax, make sure their seats are fully upright and that their tray table is fully inserted up their arse like their heads

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2018, 04:28 PM

We were promised them.

hibsbollah
15-05-2018, 04:30 PM
We were promised them.

Don't bring post punk revivalism into this, I swear I'll do time :grr:and its A-E-R-O plane FFS people!!!:grr:

Carheenlea
15-05-2018, 04:31 PM
Well done to the blazers :clapper:

Sucking any joy and humour out of the game a more pressing matter than tackling sectarian abuse within our football stadiums. Only in Scotland.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Don't bring post punk revivalism into this, I swear I'll do time :grr:and its A-E-R-O plane FFS people!!!:grr:

Actually.... in Leith, I think you'll find it's airyplane.:greengrin

snooky
15-05-2018, 04:33 PM
There's a good argument that you can coach a game better from up in the stands anyway , you can certainly see better and be in position to make half time changes.

I'm it was just NL canvassing for parachute payments for relegated clubs. :coffee:

danhibees1875
15-05-2018, 04:34 PM
If we do get into Europe, NL still has a few games worth of suspension to serve from the last time... He should be charged £380 for a season ticket like the rest of us given how often he'll be in the stands.

Doh Rae Me
15-05-2018, 04:50 PM
I've just emailed the sfa about the sectarian abuse suffered by Neil on Sunday and what they are gonna do about it and also asked in all seriousness if they are gonna fine him for his celebration.
I'm scunnered.

barcahibs
15-05-2018, 04:51 PM
Supposedly Hibs are one of the clubs that don't support strict liability.

When they were subject to UEFA's strict liability, the Billy Boys and what have you almost died out completely. It's the obvious answer to the problem.

We don't have our house anywhere near enough in order to support strict liability. Its a total can of worms. If strict liability comes in I'd be willing to bet that neither zombie fc or celtc are the first clubs punished. The SFA/SPFL would be absolutely desperate to show that 'sectarianism' is a societal problem and not an old firm problem.

It would only take 1 Hibs fan to spill a bovril and shout out 'Jesus' and they'd have us in the dock for religious hatred.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2018, 04:57 PM
We don't have our house anywhere near enough in order to support strict liability. Its a total can of worms. If strict liability comes in I'd be willing to bet that neither zombie fc or celtc are the first clubs punished. The SFA/SPFL would be absolutely desperate to show that 'sectarianism' is a societal problem and not an old firm problem.

It would only take 1 Hibs fan to spill a bovril and shout out 'Jesus' and they'd have us in the dock for religious hatred.

Wait until the pie stands start selling halibut.

JeMeSouviens
15-05-2018, 05:00 PM

Maybe not, but we'd self police quick enough if it came in.

Pedantic_Hibee
15-05-2018, 05:01 PM
I hope he does get hauled up by the "beaks" at the SFA because if there's one man in Scottish football who'll tell it like it is in terms of that rabid lot perennially getting away with it, it's Neil Lennon.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2018, 05:07 PM
I've just emailed the sfa about the sectarian abuse suffered by Neil on Sunday and what they are gonna do about it and also asked in all seriousness if they are gonna fine him for his celebration.
I'm scunnered.

Good luck with that.

Sean1875
15-05-2018, 05:21 PM

He had 2 matches suspended for having a go at Clancy and assuming the additional 2 will be because of his record. Utterly ludicrous decision when you look at the circumstances and the emotion.

Hopefully Hibs will be mentioning the sectarian singing in the hearing - and also maybe question why Lafferty hasn't been pulled up for his questionable right hand salute in simultaneous games against us and Celtc right in front of the away support?

YanYansen
15-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Well done to the blazers :clapper:

Sucking any joy and humour out of the game a more pressing matter than tackling sectarian abuse within our football stadiums. Only in Scotland.

Absolutely spot on. Pretty clear where the priorities lie.

staunchhibby
15-05-2018, 05:23 PM
Any body got the e-mail addy for the S.F.A.We should bombard them with complaints re the hatred directed at Neil Lennon on Sunday

The Green Goblin
15-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Brilliant.

I'm going to go out to my local Church of Scotland next weekend, scream about 'orange *******s' whilst the service is ongoing, sing a few ditties about historical massacres and maybe air a few chants about Catholic supriority as well.

As long as I don't do anything really provocative like wave my arms about and run in a circle I'll be fine.

:thumbsup: Farcical doesn’t even begin to describe it.

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Any body got the e-mail addy for the S.F.A.We should bombard them with complaints re the hatred directed at Neil Lennon on SundayNever mind emails. Neil can bomb them himself.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

wookie70
15-05-2018, 05:26 PM
He is guilty as charged on breaching at least two of the rules of football and will get a ban plus the two suspended that were on his record. That hurts him as he likes being on the touchline but it may help us as I think we won the games he was up there last time.

For all I have been ripped about my earlier comments I'll now say there may be some good could come out of his aeroplane. This is as good a chance as it gets to start a campaign and to try and make us the leaders in anti sectarianism as we have pretty much completely got rid of that stain from our club and now have a spark to do something. We even have a tag line. Sectarianism can fly off and no need to guess what the logo would be.

An earlier poster wrote a letter. Could this be made into a model letter and we can all send copies to MSPs, Papers and the SFA.

grunt
15-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Never mind emails. Neil can bomb them himself.

From his "airplane".

grunt
15-05-2018, 05:30 PM
... I'll now say there may be some good could come out of his aeroplane. ...I'm normally the first to jump up and down when Americanisms are used in social media, but for some reason I can't get behind the campaign on here to render it as "aeroplane". For me, and I'm not sure I know why this is, "airplane" works better. Sorry, and all that.

wookie70
15-05-2018, 05:35 PM
I'm normally the first to jump up and down when Americanisms are used in social media, but for some reason I can't get behind the campaign on here to render it as "aeroplane". For me, and I'm not sure I know why this is, "airplane" works better. Sorry, and all that.

I never even seen him get out of Hibs half on Sunday never mind Transatlantic. We play fitba not soccer so aeroplane it is.

hibsbollah
15-05-2018, 05:37 PM
:thumbsup: Farcical doesn’t even begin to describe it.

I was actually trying to think of a parallel situation outside Scotland, and the closest I could come up with was...

Man U playing Chelsea. Pogba goes up to take a corner. Thousands of Chelsea fans start singing a racist song with conspicuous use of the N word. The sky people mute the sound but the singing still comes across loud and clear to the millions of viewers in all five continents around the world, shaming the nations game in front of the world. A few minutes later, Pogba scores, and as a celebration does the 'Plane :greengrin in the direction of the Chelsea fans but a considerable distance away, before celebrating with his teammates.

The outcome is a 4 match ban for Pogba and no mention of the thunderous racist singing that preceded the goal.

Sounds likely.

scm70nyd1973
15-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Let’s all do the Lenny.
Let’s all do the Lenny.
Na Na Na Na

Whilst the the 3 and half packed stands at Easter Road are jumping around doing the aeroplane against the Rangers

Mibbies time to resurrect - but modify - the oldie but goldie:

If I had the wings of Neil Lennon
And I had the arse of Jabba the Hun
I’d fly over the Hun**** tomorrow
And ****** on the bar stewards below below

****** on etc etc !

CropleyWasGod
15-05-2018, 05:46 PM
He is guilty as charged on breaching at least two of the rules of football and will get a ban plus the two suspended that were on his record. That hurts him as he likes being on the touchline but it may help us as I think we won the games he was up there last time.

For all I have been ripped about my earlier comments I'll now say there may be some good could come out of his aeroplane. This is as good a chance as it gets to start a campaign and to try and make us the leaders in anti sectarianism as we have pretty much completely got rid of that stain from our club and now have a spark to do something. We even have a tag line. Sectarianism can fly off and no need to guess what the logo would be.

An earlier poster wrote a letter. Could this be made into a model letter and we can all send copies to MSPs, Papers and the SFA.A model aeroplane letter you mean?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
15-05-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm scunnered.

Dear Doh Rae Me

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we will not be able to answer until we have a preliminary meeting over lunch to discuss receipt of your email. We will follow this with a committee meeting over lunch to discuss whether to reply by email or letter. We will then be unable to action any reply until August as July is a very busy month for us with social engagements. We will then consult with Rangers Football Club, representatives of whom are also busy in July, and ask how they instruct us to reply. Finally a final lunch will be undertaken to decide if we are all agreed on doing nothing.

Regards

The Spineless Football Association

7-Heaven
15-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Feel the Dambusters theme should be sung first game of the season :wink:

Sir David Gray
15-05-2018, 05:51 PM
I can't understand why this would be such a big issue.

I thought the reason they got so upset at the cup final was because our fans had crossed over the half way line. Lennon stayed entirely within his own half when he was flying like a plane so surely this is ok? :confused:

wookie70
15-05-2018, 05:52 PM
I was actually trying to think of a parallel situation outside Scotland, and the closest I could come up with was...

Man U playing Chelsea. Pogba goes up to take a corner. Thousands of Chelsea fans start singing a racist song with conspicuous use of the N word. The sky people mute the sound but the singing still comes across loud and clear to the millions of viewers in all five continents around the world, shaming the nations game in front of the world. A few minutes later, Pogba scores, and as a celebration does the 'Plane :greengrin in the direction of the Chelsea fans but a considerable distance away, before celebrating with his teammates.

The outcome is a 4 match ban for Pogba and no mention of the thunderous racist singing that preceded the goal.

Sounds likely.

Pogba would be rightfully on the pitch and allowed a celebration if he stays on it and isn't provocative. Not really a parallel in this case. Was Pogba also on a two match suspended ban at the time. If this happened Pogba would at worse get a booking.

The one parallel is that in both cases the authorities should look at the behaviour of those in the stands. At the very least a strong condemnation and acceptance that it was a factor in how Lennon/Pogba celebrated. As clubs don't accept liability for the fans and the Police aren't interested that is really all the SFA can do unfortunately.

Lennon clearly broke two laws of the game. He knows that and will take his punishment on the chin if his words were anything to go by on Sunday. It doesn't stop us and the club highlighting the sectarian abuse he faced and this is a good opportunity to state our case on why the Thes are the worst fans in the land. If we sell enough tickets we could also stick the not welcome signs up.

Doh Rae Me
15-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Dear Doh Rae Me

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we will not be able to answer until we have a preliminary meeting over lunch to discuss receipt of your email. We will follow this with a committee meeting over lunch to discuss whether to reply by email or letter. We will then be unable to action any reply until August as July is a very busy month for us with social engagements. We will then consult with Rangers Football Club, representatives of whom are also busy in July, and ask how they instruct us to reply. Finally a final lunch will be undertaken to decide if we are all agreed on doing nothing.

Regards

The Spineless Football Association

You're probably spot on. I'll post any reply, e-mail address I used was info@scottishfa.co.uk .

Pretty Boy
15-05-2018, 05:59 PM
Hibs should cut Rangers allocation by half again and release a statement saying if the authorities don't start dealing with bigotry aimed at our manager we will continue to half it until it is reduced to zero. Ask Hibs fans to step up an fill the empty seats and cover the financial shortfall and any space left over give the tickets to community groups; preferably those working to eradicate sectarianism and racism in our communities.

WoreTheGreen
15-05-2018, 06:12 PM
If only Jim Harriet was still here 🛩

Scottie
15-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Hibs should cut Rangers allocation by half again and release a statement saying if the authorities don't start dealing with bigotry aimed at our manager we will continue to half it until it is reduced to zero. Ask Hibs fans to step up an fill the empty seats and cover the financial shortfall and any space left over give the tickets to community groups; preferably those working to eradicate sectarianism and racism in our communities.
:agree: I've been saying this for years. It's about time we stopped this crap with club and fans doing their bit because as we are all aware the GFA are not going to do a thing to eradicate sectarian from our game.

Better still ban the Huns from Easter Road completely until their club can sort their own supporters out.

Brizo
15-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Pogba would be rightfully on the pitch and allowed a celebration if he stays on it and isn't provocative. Not really a parallel in this case. Was Pogba also on a two match suspended ban at the time. If this happened Pogba would at worse get a booking.

The one parallel is that in both cases the authorities should look at the behaviour of those in the stands. At the very least a strong condemnation and acceptance that it was a factor in how Lennon/Pogba celebrated. As clubs don't accept liability for the fans and the Police aren't interested that is really all the SFA can do unfortunately.

Lennon clearly broke two laws of the game. He knows that and will take his punishment on the chin if his words were anything to go by on Sunday. It doesn't stop us and the club highlighting the sectarian abuse he faced and this is a good opportunity to state our case on why the Thes are the worst fans in the land. If we sell enough tickets we could also stick the not welcome signs up.

Difference with the Pogba hypothetical example is that the English media and Westminster would be all over it the following day and id suggest his club would be embarrassed into addressing the problem.

In the real life Rangers example I think the strict liability argument is a convenient get out of jail card for our media and politicians who don't want to lose viewers / listeners or votes. If our media and politicians had come out on Monday and publicly lambasted the huns songbook, The Thes would find it very hard not to address the problem, strict liability or not.

Of course that's never going to happen and so i think your idea to stick up the not welcome signs are the way forward.

Iggy Pope
15-05-2018, 07:08 PM

:greengrin
Anything that is post-punk can only be considered as revivalism friend.:
Lenny on the other hand is clearly punk as ****. Punker than that hippy Klopp.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2018, 07:12 PM

Where can I sign up for this motion?

I would gladly see no Rangers or Celtic fans inside Easter Road.

Keith_M
15-05-2018, 07:33 PM
I think it's about time the home fans stepped up to the plate and covered the stadium in banners highlighting the sectarian singing going on in the away end.

If practically the whole stadium was covered in said banners, it would be hard for the newspapers and TV to avoid showing it.

I'm actually dissapointed that our club has never once made an issue out of it, or indeed the other clubs.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men (and Women) Do Nothing"

Johnny Clash
15-05-2018, 07:41 PM
I think it's about time the home fans stepped up to the plate and covered the stadium in banners highlighting the sectarian singing going on in the away end.

If practically the whole stadium was covered in said banners, it would be hard for the newspapers and TV to avoid showing it.

I'm actually dissapointed that our club has never once made an issue out of it, or indeed the other clubs.

"The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men (and Women) Do Nothing"

Well said, good idea!

Skol
15-05-2018, 07:47 PM
I think we need to be careful. While I heard sectarian chanting on Sunday and also songs aimed at Lennon, I dont recall sectarian songs being directed specifically at Lennon.

SaulGoodman
15-05-2018, 07:53 PM
I think we need to be careful. While I heard sectarian chanting on Sunday and also songs aimed at Lennon, I dont recall sectarian songs being directed specifically at Lennon.

Cheer up Neil Lennon

BH Hibs
15-05-2018, 07:56 PM
Cheer up Neil Lennon was being belted out mate.

hibsbollah
15-05-2018, 07:57 PM
Difference with the Pogba hypothetical example is that the English media and Westminster would be all over it the following day and id suggest his club would be embarrassed into addressing the problem.

In the real life Rangers example I think the strict liability argument is a convenient get out of jail card for our media and politicians who don't want to lose viewers / listeners or votes. If our media and politicians had come out on Monday and publicly lambasted the huns songbook, The Thes would find it very hard not to address the problem, strict liability or not.

Of course that's never going to happen and so i think your idea to stick up the not welcome signs are the way forward.

Yep, my analogy wasn't intended to be a perfect parallel with the Lennon situation, but to show up the absurdity that we seem to be content to tolerate rampant prejudice up here, as a society.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Cheer up Neil Lennon
Oh what can it mean
To a sad fenian *******

Was aired several times on Sunday.

hibsbollah
15-05-2018, 08:01 PM
:greengrin
Anything that is post-punk can only be considered as revivalism friend.:
Lenny on the other hand is clearly punk as ****. Punker than that hippy Klopp.

No way Klopp's a punk. He's got the whitest gnashers known to man for a start. Punks aren't bothered about good dental work. Industrial techno perhaps.

BH Hibs
15-05-2018, 08:07 PM

I totally agree with the middle part of this. The SFA and the clubs including Hibs if necessary are needing called out on this hiding behind the argument that nothing can be done because strict liability is not in place. It’s 2018 FFS and they’re still spouting religious hatred. It’s bigotry and anywhere else they would be locked up.

Doh Rae Me
15-05-2018, 08:14 PM
I attended Easter Rd on Sunday and had a ticket in the south stand. I had to endure the rangers fans vile sectarian abuse of Neil Lennon on numerous occasions. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 individuals I'm talking about 1500 of them blasting out fenian *******, now unless you had the volume on mute, why is this not being talked about?
Seriously, why is Neil Lennon being put under investigation for his celebration?I'm sure everyone is aware of Scotland's shame but why does the SFA do nothing about it?
Yours,

My email,

Yes I won't hold my breath.

hibbyfraelibby
15-05-2018, 08:23 PM

He already had a suspended two match ban hanging over him so in reality just an added two

grunt
15-05-2018, 08:25 PM
He already had a suspended two match ban hanging over him so in reality just an added twoAh, thanks. Serves me right for believing the EEN headline.

hibbyfraelibby
15-05-2018, 08:27 PM
Ah, thanks. Serves me right for believing the EEN headline.

OMG someone still believes the EEN?

grunt
15-05-2018, 08:28 PM
OMG someone still believes the EEN?
<< Shame >>

WhileTheChief..
15-05-2018, 08:32 PM
they’re still spouting religious hatred. It’s bigotry and anywhere else they would be locked up.

Where? N Korea perhaps. Or Russia maybe?!

You really want people locked up for this? What kinda sentence we talking about?

How many? A handful as an example or go the whole hog, build a super prison and lock up all 50k of them.

Better still, close down Rangers and turn a full Ibrox into a prison overnight. 2 birds and all that :cb

BH Hibs
15-05-2018, 08:42 PM

You really want people locked up for this? What kinda sentence we talking about?

How many? A handful as an example or go the whole hog, build a super prison and lock up all 50k of them.

Better still, close down Rangers and turn a full Ibrox into a prison overnight. 2 birds and all that :cb

Be fine with me. Ok maybe locked up is a bit strong but it shouldn’t be getting swept under the carpet either.

Sir David Gray
15-05-2018, 08:54 PM

If they were making similar hateful comments on a regular basis towards homosexuals or black people, these people would be facing a jail sentence.

Mr White
15-05-2018, 09:04 PM
Given the jail sentence handed down a few years back to the brother of "Limmy" (the least funny comedian ever to be employed by BBC Scotland, despite some strong competition) for online sectarian abuse of the journalist Angela Haggerty, there is a precedent there for being jailed for singling out an individual in that manner.

WhileTheChief..
15-05-2018, 09:08 PM
That’s kinda my point though.

In a crowd of over 40,000 people pretty much all singing the same thing, how can any one individual be singled out for prosecution?

That’s impossible. Would be like justice by chance which isn’t really justice!

Scott Allan Key
15-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Wait until the pie stands start selling halibut.

The food will never be good enough at Easter Road.

Mr White
15-05-2018, 09:12 PM

In a crowd of over 40,000 people pretty much all singing the same thing, how can any one individual be singled out for prosecution?

Nearest one to each policeman gets lifted? Usually that's the approach the police adopt when dealing with crowd disorder. Not necessarily fair on the individuals in question but it acts as a better deterrent than standing back and letting them all get on with it.

Plus there was only 1500 of them in ER on Sunday. Significantly less than the number of Hibbys on the pitch at Hampden 2 years ago. If there's a will there's a way :whistle:

BarneyBreslin
15-05-2018, 09:13 PM
I think we need to be careful. While I heard sectarian chanting on Sunday and also songs aimed at Lennon, I dont recall sectarian songs being directed specifically at Lennon. serious question, are you hard of hearing?

Sir David Gray
15-05-2018, 09:17 PM

It's justice in the sense that the ones who are arrested and presumably convicted are made to pay for their actions and for those fortunate enough to have got away with it the first time, it may make them think twice about indulging in that behaviour in the future if they see their pal getting lifted and given a banning order/heavy fine.

Fritz
15-05-2018, 09:17 PM

I think...no, wait...I know, you're wrong!

One Day Soon
15-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Given the jail sentence handed down a few years back to the brother of "Limmy" (the least funny comedian ever to be employed by BBC Scotland, despite some strong competition) for online sectarian abuse of the journalist Angela Haggerty, there is a precedent there for being jailed for singling out an individual in that manner.

This problem could be sorted in weeks, the trouble is those with the power to do so simply do not wish to do so. For some reason our politicians and press do not want to confront this poisonous bigoted bile.

One Day Soon
15-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Nearest one to each policeman gets lifted? Usually that's the approach the police adopt when dealing with crowd disorder. Not necessarily fair on the individuals in question but it acts as a better deterrent than standing back and letting them all get on with it.

5 or 10 of those per game and it would all be gone in a few weeks once word got round.

overdrive
15-05-2018, 09:32 PM

It took me a good few years of being relatively ‘into’ them to realise that their lead singer had sat next to me at work for a summer whilst he was doing a summer job during his school or uni holidays. His mum and dad are ex-colleagues of mine (his mum was my line manager briefly) and I didn’t realise WWPJ were the band they/he talked about him being in.

overdrive
15-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Ridiculous that he’s been pulled up for this. The SFA are corrupt to the core.

RoxburghHibs
16-05-2018, 05:52 AM

The obvious way forward is to punish the football club. Start with a warning to the fans that if they continue the club will be docked points/have to play behind closed doors.

Michael
16-05-2018, 05:59 AM

Don't be knocking Limmy. Funniest guy in Scotland.

Mr White
16-05-2018, 06:58 AM
Don't be knocking Limmy. Funniest guy in Scotland.

Each to their own. About as funny as watching Craig Levein celebrate a derby win IMO.

ian cruise
16-05-2018, 07:02 AM
It took me a good few years of being relatively ‘into’ them to realise that their lead singer had sat next to me at work for a summer whilst he was doing a summer job during his school or uni holidays. His mum and dad are ex-colleagues of mine (his mum was my line manager briefly) and I didn’t realise WWPJ were the band they/he talked about him being in.

The would have been called The Winkle Experience at the time, that's probably why.

Sir David Gray
16-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Each to their own. About as funny as watching Craig Levein celebrate a derby win IMO.

Agreed. I heard a few people rave about how excited they were about his new show coming out. I decided to give it a go since they went on about how funny he is.

I never laughed once. Not my kind of humour at all.

Ralphy C
16-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Fair point. but to just ignore it while punishing the target of their abuse because he reacted cant be right!

Chic Murray
16-05-2018, 09:55 AM
If they were making similar hateful comments on a regular basis towards homosexuals or black people, these people would be facing a jail sentence.

Would a jail sentence be any more or less appropriate in those circumstances? Seems a bit excessive to me.

Onion
16-05-2018, 11:03 AM

Exactly why they close football grounds - until the nutters show they can behave themselves. Would stop the problem dead in it's tracks within a matter of weeks. But we all know there's no appetite to resolve the problem as Celtic and Sevco rely hugely on this hatred it to put food on the table. And Sky/BT and media love the "special" atmosphere.

Phil MaGlass
16-05-2018, 11:04 AM
I would start this marching season. Refuse all licences for orange marches. Flood all areas where they may congregate, any marches go ahead, arrest them all. 1000 quid fine. Next time 1 week prison. Then escalate. As for sectarian singing/abuse at matches, all they need to do is start docking points, stop licence for european football and relegate them.

WhileTheChief..
16-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Well then you gotta ban the marches supporting Independance, support for Palestine, anti war etc etc

Really want to go down that road?

If the sectarian singing was being done by a women’s netball team no one would give a damn.

Other than at the football do any of you actually care about it or is it just a stick to beat the Old Firm with?

Sioux
16-05-2018, 11:15 AM

No. Its aircraft.:greengrin

Carheenlea
16-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Exactly why they close football grounds - until the nutters show they can behave themselves. Would stop the problem dead in it's tracks within a matter of weeks. But we all know there's no appetite to resolve the problem as Celtic and Sevco rely hugely on this hatred it to put food on the table. And Sky/BT and media love the "special" atmosphere.

I would start this marching season. Refuse all licences for orange marches. Flood all areas where they may congregate, any marches go ahead, arrest them all. 1000 quid fine. Next time 1 week prison. Then escalate. As for sectarian singing/abuse at matches, all they need to do is start docking points, stop licence for european football and relegate them.

We’re a bit away from seeing such measures being administered, but a good start at least would be if BBC Scotland’s flagship Hogmanay “comedy” show Only an Excuse? didn’t use the subject of sectarianism for a lot of the so called jokes. The vast majority of the country wants to see sectarianism eradicated, so you would expect any serious drive to do so to be welcomed. It’s pretty obvious though that there is no serious drive to do so, and in 2018 that’s pretty depressing.

Just Alf
16-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Not read it on here as on phone so not going over while thread, so apologies if it's already been said, but a couple of my mates were up town after the game and "the boss" did the "plane" again in the pub (he'd been having a bit of banter with normal humanbeing type rangers fans... Seems there's actually some in existence) :-)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
16-05-2018, 11:52 AM

Your point seems to be more that there's nothing wrong with sectarian singing.

Chic Murray
16-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Your point seems to be more that there's nothing wrong with sectarian singing.

Worse things happen. Better they do it in public where we know where they are, no?

WeeRussell
16-05-2018, 12:23 PM
Worse things happen. Better they do it in public where we know where they are, no?

Worse things happen, yes. What's your point?

What use is knowing who and where the people are if nothing is ever done about it?

WhileTheChief..
16-05-2018, 12:29 PM
I personally don’t care, I’m more from the sticks n stones side of the argument.

My point is that no one really cares other than rival football fans.

We regularly get a lot of chat about it on here but other than that none of you actually do anything.

So if you care a lot about this issue, what you going to do about it?

Same as me probably, which is nowt.

My point stands, if it wasn’t Rangers fans doing it would any of you care? Or is just because it’s football?

Wider society either doesn’t care or isn’t aware of it.

Chic Murray
16-05-2018, 12:32 PM
Worse things happen, yes. What's your point?

What use is knowing who and where the people are if nothing is ever done about it?

IMO they can hurt a lot more than people's feelings. Let them play their wee games.

southsider
16-05-2018, 01:54 PM
I personally don’t care, I’m more from the sticks n stones side of the argument.

My point is that no one really cares other than rival football fans.

We regularly get a lot of chat about it on here but other than that none of you actually do anything.

So if you care a lot about this issue, what you going to do about it?

Same as me probably, which is nowt.

My point stands, if it wasn’t Rangers fans doing it would any of you care? Or is just because it’s football?

Wider society either doesn’t care or isn’t aware of it.
More to the point does Neil care ? Most of it was directed at him. We should start a Justice for Neil on-line petition and present it to the SFA.