PDA

View Full Version : At 3-0...

California-Hibs
13-05-2018, 12:25 PM
It was on, it was REALLY on! 😔.....

Let's deny them 2nd Hibs and finish 20 above Hearts!

cleanyman
13-05-2018, 12:27 PM
It was on

But the game management as pitiful. You have to look at our senior players.

greenlex
13-05-2018, 12:29 PM
We needed 6. We had to continue to blow them away. They got organised and hit us back on the break. Nothing to do with game management IMO. Only criticism I have is playing 4 at the back and our CH pairing bombing forward. Stupid.

DH1875
13-05-2018, 12:35 PM

For a minute or two, it definitely was :agree:

Speedy
13-05-2018, 12:47 PM
We needed 6. We had to continue to blow them away. They got organised and hit us back on the break. Nothing to do with game management IMO. Only criticism I have is playing 4 at the back and our CH pairing bombing forward. Stupid.

Hanlon has been at it all season.

The management need to have a serious word with him or themselves (if it's on instruction).

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon and Ambrose all poor today and badly at fault for 4 of their goals. I'd replace at least two of them.

I'm_cabbaged
13-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Stevenson, Hanlon and Ambrose all poor today and badly at fault for 4 of their goals. I'd replace at least two of them.

Jesus wept

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 01:58 PM

18 above the smaller hun version will do me for this season, well done Hibs and Neil Lennon.

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 01:59 PM

Every post you write is designed to irritate people.

Give the trolling a rest.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 01:59 PM
Jesus wept

Look, this forum is about expressing opinions. I'm not asking you to agree. All views posted on here are my own.

SMAXXA
13-05-2018, 02:00 PM
I didn’t think Hanlon was poor, desire to not get back when we are out of possession cost us. Mclaren has to track Tavernier for their first her nearest man had to do better.

More annoyed with performances from mcginn, Ambrose and Mcgeouch at times when we were up against it. Easy when we are coasting but too many slack passes and for me mcginn has been really poor last couple of games.

lyonhibs
13-05-2018, 02:03 PM

You never stop do you? Stevenson provided 2 assists ffs.

snooky
13-05-2018, 02:06 PM
I disagree with the theory we should have backed off and defended better. We had them on the back foot and it was better to keep them there as long as possible. If we'd got a 4th at that point, who knows what would have happened. Fwiw, I thought Taverner had a good game and his goal was pivotal in turning the game for his side.
What a pleasant change to see two teams open up and go for goals. Let's be grateful we don't have a Leveinesque manager.

:nlgwa

I'm_cabbaged
13-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Look, this forum is about expressing opinions. I'm not asking you to agree. All views posted on here are my own.

And I just expressed mine 👍

overdrive
13-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Jesus wept

To be honest, what he said in the first sentence was right. The three of them were abysmal today and it certainly seemed to be the consensus with everyone around about me.

I don’t agree that we need to replace them though (unless one is sold).

I really did think it was on at 3-0 though.

snooky
13-05-2018, 02:14 PM
I didn’t think Hanlon was poor, desire to not get back when we are out of possession cost us. Mclaren has to track Tavernier for their first her nearest man had to do better.

More annoyed with performances from mcginn, Ambrose and Mcgeouch at times when we were up against it. Easy when we are coasting but too many slack passes and for me mcginn has been really poor last couple of games.

Mcgeouch was left covering two players a few times in the second half. I thought McGinn was very quiet, Dylan was very good and Scott Allan was magical till he got nailed.
Oddly enough, Cumdog made a few bad choices in his play - almost Sparkyish - in that he didn't appear to really want to score. The best example of that was when he had an open goal but took an extra touch allowing Effe to cover the line.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:15 PM
To be honest, what he said in the first sentence was right. The three of them were abysmal today and it certainly seemed to be the consensus with everyone around about me.

I don’t agree that we need to replace them though (unless one is sold).

I really did think it was on at 3-0 though.

Well said, theres some players that get and "easy ride" on here no matter how bad they play.

neil7908
13-05-2018, 02:17 PM
I'm a total pessimist so before the game never thought we had a chance. But...

I'll admit when our 3rd went in and I looked at the clock I thought we were going to do it.

If we can keep the same attacking intensity next season but shore up the defence then history beckons

SMAXXA
13-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Mcgeouch was left covering two players a few times in the second half. I thought McGinn was very quiet, Dylan was very good and Scott Allan was magical till he got nailed.
Oddly enough, Cumdog made a few bad choices in his play - almost Sparkyish - in that he didn't appear to really want to score. The best example of that was when he had an open goal but took an extra touch allowing Effe to cover the line.

Yeah I understand your point but in possession when we were getting pegged back his quality was poor. Mcginn was nowhere near the player he is when he asserts his dominating on the game and was the same against Hearts. Love the 2 of them as players but fairly under par which naturally has an impact on the overall as 2 players you rely on massively.

I'm_cabbaged
13-05-2018, 02:20 PM
Well said, theres some players that get and "easy ride" on here no matter how bad they play.

We don’t want to get shot of two of them though!

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Yeah I understand your point but in possession when we were getting pegged back his quality was poor. Mcginn was nowhere near the player he is when he asserts his dominating on the game and was the same against Hearts. Love the 2 of them as players but fairly under par which naturally has an impact on the overall as 2 players you rely on massively.

As well as Aberdeen last Saturday. He can go missing for long periods in bigger matches.

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 02:21 PM
I'm a total pessimist so before the game never thought we had a chance. But...

I'll admit when our 3rd went in and I looked at the clock I thought we were going to do it.

If we can keep the same attacking intensity next season but shore up the defence then history beckons

That's not an easy thing to achieve.

We pushed Hanlon much further forward than usual today which helped us going forward, but the result was predictable at the back.

We can't keep doing that.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:24 PM
You never stop do you? Stevenson provided 2 assists ffs.

1assist for McClarens header, assisted hearts with 2 on Wednesday and was nowhere for the first 2 rangers goals today. I've said it before, he should have been replaced seasons ago. Just my opinion.

davhibby
13-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Got caught with too many forward for the corner at 3-0 and never really recovered until 5-3. Glad we gave it a go though and took a point in the end

One Day Soon
13-05-2018, 02:48 PM

You really don't know much about football do you?

cmcd
13-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Sad to see supporters leaving with over 2omins to go

Since90+2
13-05-2018, 02:54 PM
It's very sad how one poster on this site seems to spend half his life on here just looking for a reaction.

cmcd
13-05-2018, 03:08 PM
It's very sad how one poster on this site seems to spend half his life on here just looking for a reaction.

And who is this poster ??

we are hibs
13-05-2018, 03:11 PM
I don't know what the problem is. We were shocking at the back. I don't know how that can be argued as negative? It's a fact. That said I'd rather draw 5-5 and go for it than win 1-0 or 2-1. We had nothing to lose and played like it

wookie70
13-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Some of our best players never finished the season as well as they have played throughout but that much have been an energy sapping game to play in. Hanlon and Stevenson have hardly missed a game and I think the legs were getting weary this month. McGinn has received more kicks than any player in the league and Dylan is playing with a mask having played far more football than he usually does. The good news is today others stepped up to the plate and we were superb for 20 minutes. Some of the one touch play was at a level far higher than the league we played in and I for one came out the ground feeling like the players have given their all this year and my season ticket has rarely been such good value. For all I'm not Lennon's biggest fan he must have instilled the belief that we could still finish 2nd after the way we started the game and that is very good management, Pity he never got us to cool the jets at 3-0 but to be fair we could easily have scored a fourth before The Thes woke up. There are enough legends leaving without trying to be overly critical of others on a day that finished the season in such an enjoyable way.

gaz1875
13-05-2018, 03:20 PM
At 3 - 0 it was on okay we went all out at the corner and very poor game management probably cost us a win. That being said superb comeback after an unbelievable collapse. Another viewing spectacular for any neutral :flag:

snooky
13-05-2018, 03:25 PM
I don't know what the problem is. We were shocking at the back. I don't know how that can be argued as negative? It's a fact. That said I'd rather draw 5-5 and go for it than win 1-0 or 2-1. We had nothing to lose and played like it

Apparently Lennon said in his post-match interview that he wanted the players to go for it (first half) and he wasn't too worried about losing goals in the process.

Onion
13-05-2018, 03:30 PM
When you need 6, in the ascendency and what you’re doing is working, why would you change it ? You cannot ‘game manage’ a 6-0 win against Sevco or Celtic. Had Whittaker managed to score with that header at 3-0, Sevco players would have defacated themselves. Instead, it was a wake up call and they turned it around.

greenlex
13-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Hanlon has been at it all season.

The management need to have a serious word with him or themselves (if it's on instruction).

I’ve no problem when we are playing g 3 at the back with a wing back tucking in for him or if there was a defensive mid to slot in but we were left wide open in that formation and him and Efe going off on runs.

familyman
13-05-2018, 03:32 PM
As I mentioned after Hearts match Hanlon and Stevenson are off pace and the defence needs refreshed ,Shocking basic defensive errors and yet again unnecessary free kicks given away...Hanlon was all over the place today and looked a nervous wreck at times.Stevenson is well Stevenson.
We had a display of superb attacking football and dismal defending, clear where the improvements need to be made.
Mind you no- one said supporting Hibs would ever be easy.
The welcome style of attacking flare needs to be tempered a bit so as not to leave so many and frequent gaps at the back.Seemed today every time a ball was played up to our right back defensive area no right back was there enabling time and again for a Rangers player to get closer than he should .
All in all a decent return to the top league ,so let's celebrate that today.
:agree:

hibby6270
13-05-2018, 03:34 PM
At 3-0, we dared but dream but this is Hibs. I wouldn’t have felt comfortable until we were 8 or 9 goals up. :rolleyes: That was never gonna happen. :greengrin

As it turned out we scored 5 for the second home game in a row. When did that last happen? I can’t recall in over 50 years of watching. It probably has, just can’t bring it to mind.

What has to be commended is that even at 3-5, we continued to battle and got, in the end, a deserved draw. It was, given the state of the game midway through the second half, the least we deserved. Hibs teams of the past would have just crumbled and accepted the 3-5 scoreline, probably even conceded again. Not this team. Credit to Lennon and the players for adopting this never say die attitude.

Carheenlea
13-05-2018, 03:36 PM
At 3-0 it felt surreal - I was thinking that it might not be a great idea to get to 6 too early and then have go through the wringer if there was 20 minutes to go or something :hilarious
A bonkers game of football.

BlackSheep
13-05-2018, 03:39 PM

You don’t get out much do you?

itslegaltender
13-05-2018, 03:39 PM
At 3-0 my £5 6-0 at 7171/1 had a cash out value of £35!

ancient hibee
13-05-2018, 03:40 PM
The team never gives up.It was disappointing that fans did.Probably rushing home to get on the keyboard to tell everyone what a pish team we have.

emerald green
13-05-2018, 03:41 PM

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:44 PM
The team never gives up.It was disappointing that fans did.Probably rushing home to get on the keyboard to tell everyone what a pish team we have.

You can sit in the stand and do that from your smart phone these days.

Mantis Toboggan
13-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Although you did leave early did you not?

Kavinho
13-05-2018, 03:51 PM

Yawn.

Great day out today. I loved it. Just how you want the last game of the season to be. A shoot out. Any analysis of that game should be put to the side. Weve had a great season. Particularly since Jan.

All the players should be getting our thanks and gratitude.
Been a great season and hopefully we can build on this.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Although you did leave early did you not?

Yes, I absolutely did, I left at 3-3. Seen enough and was fuming at our capitulation, went home to my 9 week old child, gave the Mrs a break and watched the rest on my laptop.

Brightside
13-05-2018, 04:00 PM
The absolute state of this thread.

emerald green
13-05-2018, 04:01 PM
Yes, I absolutely did, I left at 3-3. Seen enough and was fuming at our capitulation, went home to my 9 week old child, gave the Mrs a break and watched the rest on my laptop.

Do you go to matches on your own by any chance?

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Do you go to matches on your own by any chance?

Nope.

sleeping giant
13-05-2018, 04:03 PM
I thought it was on. At 3 nil , the 4th goal was so important .

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 04:04 PM

And you said that Hibs shat it.

The irony!

Brightside
13-05-2018, 04:05 PM
As I mentioned after Hearts match Hanlon and Stevenson are off pace and the defence needs refreshed ,Shocking basic defensive errors and yet again unnecessary free kicks given away...Hanlon was all over the place today and looked a nervous wreck at times.Stevenson is well Stevenson.
We had a display of superb attacking football and dismal defending, clear where the improvements need to be made.
Mind you no- one said supporting Hibs would ever be easy.
The welcome style of attacking flare needs to be tempered a bit so as not to leave so many and frequent gaps at the back.Seemed today every time a ball was played up to our right back defensive area no right back was there enabling time and again for a Rangers player to get closer than he should .
All in all a decent return to the top league ,so let's celebrate that today.
:agree:

I can only assume your eyes are painted on. He had one major mistake where he played the ball square to SJM but he had already moved on ....that led to a free kick and a goals for them. He was wherever he was being told by Lennon to play, im struggling to figure out why some people are missing that we played a completely different formation that we normally do. Almost every single player was being pushed up by Lennon. Thats why we got caught time after time. The midfield didnt track back at all once we were 3-0 up.

Fritz
13-05-2018, 04:07 PM
All views posted on here are my own.[/QUOTE]

You've got that bit right, at least.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 04:08 PM
And you said that Hibs shat it.

The irony!

So people that left early today "shat it" and never had places to be or things to do?

Stantons Angel
13-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Some of our best players never finished the season as well as they have played throughout but that much have been an energy sapping game to play in. Hanlon and Stevenson have hardly missed a game and I think the legs were getting weary this month. McGinn has received more kicks than any player in the league and Dylan is playing with a mask having played far more football than he usually does. The good news is today others stepped up to the plate and we were superb for 20 minutes. Some of the one touch play was at a level far higher than the league we played in and I for one came out the ground feeling like the players have given their all this year and my season ticket has rarely been such good value. For all I'm not Lennon's biggest fan he must have instilled the belief that we could still finish 2nd after the way we started the game and that is very good management, Pity he never got us to cool the jets at 3-0 but to be fair we could easily have scored a fourth before The Thes woke up. There are enough legends leaving without trying to be overly critical of others on a day that finished the season in such an enjoyable way.

Well said, a good post!

Some people dont see things like that effecting players and forget that others can question their opinions.

We all expect them to be on top form every game and when one has an off day ....... the wise men of football come on here with their opinions and dont like to be challenged!

I too have enjoyed my season and some of the football played has been immense. Even these type of players get tired and fatigued and have off days!

Gee whizz its the last game of our first season back in the premier league, we have finished 4th, played some great football and added some more memories!

andybev1
13-05-2018, 04:10 PM
From where I was Ambrose took Cummings out of the game. I thought he played well. Just shows you!

Brightside
13-05-2018, 04:11 PM
From where I was Ambrose took Cummings out of the game. I thought he played well. Just shows you!

Totally agree. Stunned to see Ambrose going off.

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 04:11 PM
So people that left early today "shat it" and never had places to be or things to do?

Those who left after 40 minutes, like you, did.

Stuart93
13-05-2018, 04:15 PM

Would you still have had those "things to do" if we were winning at that point? My guess is no.

Thecat23
13-05-2018, 04:19 PM

I think In a game that hasn’t reached HT and the game sitting 3-3 surely you’d want to watch more of it? Would these people have “things to do” or have “places to be” if we had gone 4-0 up?

In all honesty HC you’ve had a bit of a mare this week with some of the posts you have put up. Very rare does one poster get so much grief unless they are in the wrong, nothing to do with opinions it’s about the way you say it and have constant digs at us yet defend Hearts.

brog
13-05-2018, 04:25 PM
1assist for McClarens header, assisted hearts with 2 on Wednesday and was nowhere for the first 2 rangers goals today. I've said it before, he should have been replaced seasons ago. Just my opinion.

I know you're a 100% Hibs man & you post some good stuff on here, but this post reads as if you've been waiting all season for an opportunity to criticise Stevenson. I also agree it's only your opinion & i know you're posting while disappointed but it also comes across as a desperate need for your opinion to be proved correct. We all get things wrong, I was delighted when we appointed TB. Being a tad more objective will give your opinion more authority.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 04:26 PM

not that early into a game

Callum_62
13-05-2018, 04:27 PM
If only whitts header did go straight into the keeper who launched that counter

Rangers took every one of there chances first half (and alves wasnt even a great chance)

We cldve and perhaps shouldve shored it up a wee bit at 3-0 but we were absolutely all over them and looked like we could score everytime we went forward so can understand why we continued

Dont know how anyway can be negative about today

Id much rather watch a team go for it than Levein type play for 0-0

We have some value in our tickets this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrRobot
13-05-2018, 04:29 PM

Was it not Stevenson with the absolutely sublime cross to the back post that got us a goal? Terrible performance.

emerald green
13-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Was it not Stevenson with the absolutely sublime cross to the back post that got us a goal? Terrible performance.

Hibs second and third goals came from Stevenson deliveries.

tynehibs
13-05-2018, 04:40 PM
No real hibby would possibly do that your a fraud

Thecat23
13-05-2018, 04:53 PM

Yeah but let’s just look at the negatives 🙄 Thought the wee man done well today getting forward. We had nothing to lose and boys were right up for it. Great game of football.

WestCoastHibby
13-05-2018, 04:55 PM
To come out with "things to do" ....whiiiittt!??
Why bother your arse in the first place??
I felt like leaving but that's not in my make up. Stayed to the end and beyond and felt it was an amazing and yes bonkers match.
Roll on next season

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 05:07 PM
No real hibby would possibly do that your a fraud

No real Hibby would leave early in your opinion, however, anyone who has paid their money can leave when they wish and that should be without criticism, regardless of the score at the time.

Callum_62
13-05-2018, 05:09 PM
No real Hibby would leave early in your opinion, however, anyone who has paid their money can leave when they wish and that should be without criticism, regardless of the score at the time.

Yeah, well done [emoji1303]

poolman
13-05-2018, 05:11 PM
It was on

But the game management as pitiful. You have to look at our senior players.

Bollox

poolman
13-05-2018, 05:11 PM

Dearie effing me

Fritz
13-05-2018, 05:42 PM

Any Hibs 'fan' who left early AND takes to the internet to criticise 3 of our better players this season absolutely DOES deserve criticism and has made a bit of a fool of themselves.

Malthibby
13-05-2018, 05:42 PM
If only whitts header did go straight into the keeper who launched that counter

Rangers took every one of there chances first half (and alves wasnt even a great chance)

We cldve and perhaps shouldve shored it up a wee bit at 3-0 but we were absolutely all over them and looked like we could score everytime we went forward so can understand why we continued

Dont know how anyway can be negative about today

Id much rather watch a team go for it than Levein type play for 0-0

We have some value in our tickets this year

What he said. It was a Kamikaze set up to try & win by 6 clear goals & for 25 minutes it looked as if it might just be on. Didn't work out but magnificent entertainment
And the comeback was a thing of beauty
GG,GG

cleanyman
13-05-2018, 06:17 PM
Don't see the issue with what The Crab is saying.

I'm all cool for going gung ho but there was no game management when we went 3-0. Rangers were rocking and we had 70 minutes left to take third.

Fair enough it created a memorable game but there's no excuse for Hanlon, Stevenson and Efe getting turned inside out as soon as it got to 3-1.

DaveF
13-05-2018, 06:24 PM
Don't see the issue with what The Crab is saying.

I'm all cool for going gung ho but there was no game management when we went 3-0. Rangers were rocking and we had 70 minutes left to take third.

Fair enough it created a memorable game but there's no excuse for Hanlon, Stevenson and Efe getting turned inside out as soon as it got to 3-1.

We got hit with a decent counter for their opener - it happens. That wasn't poor game management, it was just football. 2nd and 3rd were entirely preventable but it's clear they were sent out there to take it to sevco and the end result was that crazy score and performance.

Captain Trips
13-05-2018, 06:25 PM
At 2-0 v Motherwell, at 2-0 v Kilmarnock, now at 3-0 v Sevco. There's 6pts chucked. The defending on show today was abysmal on the whole.

It's annoying to be 3-0 up against that mob we really could have done them right in.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 06:33 PM
We got hit with a decent counter for their opener - it happens. That wasn't poor game management, it was just football. 2nd and 3rd were entirely preventable but it's clear they were sent out there to take it to sevco and the end result was that crazy score and performance.

Not the first time this season we've had a corner, switched off and the opposition have broken away. Today the Huns scored, in the cup game against Hearts they broke and scored from the resulting corner. Not all down to our defence, our midfield was sleeping.

Kato
13-05-2018, 07:13 PM

Why?

Hibernianinc
13-05-2018, 07:23 PM

Fine. Who’d you fancy for Hanlon and Efe?

BTW, that’s club legend Hanlon you’re offloading....

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2018, 07:29 PM

What would have happened to these “things to do” if it was still 3-0 at half time?

B.H.F.C
13-05-2018, 07:37 PM

All the goals in the first half were preventable. But you shouldn’t get caught like that from your own corner. It wasn’t as if the ball even broke out quickly. The goalie had it in his hands and we just switched off. And then we didn’t show enough desire to get back in.

More disappointing than the goal was the way we just folded after it though. Even when they scored we were still 2 goals up after 25 minutes and we’d all have taken that.

At 3-0 we really had a chance to do it.

euro Hibby
13-05-2018, 07:38 PM
hindsight ; at 3-0 we should probabbly have played the ball around for 10 minutes to take a breather but the players smelt blood and while almost getting no 4, lost
bad goals from being so gungho.

Great entertainment today, so hard to be negative. Just hope now the players due to leave have a rethink and sign for another year. With lennon we can do something
so up to the board now to back the team.

jgl07
13-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Jesus wept

Nah. He scored for Manchester City!

MrRobot
13-05-2018, 07:46 PM

Just realised it was him when watching the highlights. Again, great cross.

jabis
13-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Hmmmm,thinking the same,maybe Man City are going to let Gall Stones leave,Man Utd fans are seriously hacked off with their team,what players do you think we should"plunder"from them ?

MWHIBBIES
15-05-2018, 07:05 AM
Midfield were the ones to blame for the goals, not the back 4. McGinn jogging back, McGeouch missing every time time they came forward. Back 4 left hopelessly exposed by indisciplined midfield

tonyrougier123
15-05-2018, 07:11 AM

take away the hysteria if we'd made a tactical sub at that point like big Marv for slivka and played the diamond we might have won the game.slivka played well though, just to shore up and prevent gaps that they subsequently got.

Spike Mandela
15-05-2018, 09:08 AM
It was a privilege to be at that game on Saturday and why anybody could take their eyes of it, never mind leave, is beyond me.

For years prior to us getting relegated I remember saying to my mates after games “when was the last time we seen a great game at Easter Rd?”. Not said that for a long time now.

We went for it, got close but we ain’t infallible and rangers deserve credit, begrudginly, for their response.

Hey, it could have been wose, you could have been at Rugby park for a dead rubber.:cb

weecounty hibby
15-05-2018, 04:44 PM
It was a privilege to be at that game on Saturday and why anybody could take their eyes of it, never mind leave, is beyond me.

For years prior to us getting relegated I remember saying to my mates after games “when was the last time we seen a great game at Easter Rd?”. Not said that for a long time now.

We went for it, got close but we ain’t infallible and rangers deserve credit, begrudginly, for their response.

Hey, it could have been wose, you could have been at Rugby park for a dead rubber.:cb
You enjoyed the match so much that I'm sure you actually bought a round after the game. Have to agree with you 21 goals at ER post split. Who wouldn't enjoy that, except maybe Craig Levein and some wierdo jambos!!

hibbydog
15-05-2018, 05:21 PM

My moment of the season was going 3-0 up after 20 minutes, andJohn Mcginn grabbing the ball and running back to the half way line

YanYansen
15-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Would you still have had those "things to do" if we were winning at that point? My guess is no.

This is the crux, really, eh? I'd wager that at least 90% of the time in normal circumstances the answer would be no, and on Sunday nearer 100%.

People can dress it up all they like, but the reality is a) those leaving at 3-3 or 3-5 on Sunday just didn't have the stomach to watch us get beat, and b) those who leave early in general are just so concerned with saving 25 minutes of their life or whatever, that they prioritise it over being there when last-minute goals go in.

I accept and acknowledge there's often perfectly legit reasons, but imo that's the reality in the vast majority of cases.

I'm Spartacus
15-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Best 3 minutes of the season for me when that 3rd went in, it was 100% happening!

weecounty hibby
15-05-2018, 08:02 PM
When the 3rd went in my laddie was cuddling me and screaming "it's on its on, we're going to get 6!" Amazing scenes and I really believed that it was more than just a possibility at that point