PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

LustForLeith
13-05-2018, 06:37 AM
Good article on the BBC with Brown where he talks fondly of Hibs, Lennon and McGinn.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44094634

I’m firmly in the camp of having a lot of time for Brown. He’s been a great player over the years and his ability to control the game from the middle of the park has helped Celtic to where they are now.

Good to see he still lives in Edinburgh. He won’t have far to go when he moves back to Hibs!

Sammy7nil
13-05-2018, 06:45 AM
I am firmly in the camp Scott Brown would not be good for Hibs when Celtic decide he is done. He gets away with murder in a very good Celtic team and that would not happen if he played for any other Scottish club. As good as he was /maybe still is I don't think he would be good for Hibs in probably another two years ?

ano hibby
13-05-2018, 06:50 AM
Good interview thanks for sharing
I like & admire SB & what he’s done in Scottish football.
Wonder whether his legs have 3 more seasons in them, ie 10 in a row?

Never booed him myself.
Agree with poster above though, can’t see him at Hibs.

Ozyhibby
13-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Love Scott Brown, think he’s a fantastic player but I don’t want him back at Hibs because I want us to stop signing players that age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heretoday
13-05-2018, 07:25 AM
It's time he came back to Easter Road!

Pretty Boy
13-05-2018, 07:32 AM
I thought he was done a couple of years ago under Delia but Rodgers has got him back to his best. He's not the same player he was at Hibs but he's a better all round player because of that. That's not talking down how good he was for us but he's just far more disciplined in what he does now.

It's all hypothetical but I'd take him back at Hibs if he was good enough to improve us. Until it becomes an issue then we won't know if that's the case.

jacomo
13-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Doesn’t he want to go into coaching with Celtc?

May not be an option for him to return to Hibs.

snooky
13-05-2018, 10:39 AM
It's time he came back to Easter Road!

I've always liked Broony as a player and I'd take him back right now however, not in a year or so when he's deemed not good enough to play for Celtc.

neil7908
13-05-2018, 10:47 AM
I don't see him back here. I suspect he'll have another year or so with Celtic and then go out on top.

I have a lot of time for him but he does get away with murder in the Scottish game. When they play in Europe refs are nowhere near as lenient.

where'stheslope
13-05-2018, 11:24 AM
I am firmly in the camp Scott Brown would not be good for Hibs when Celtic decide he is done. He gets away with murder in a very good Celtic team and that would not happen if he played for any other Scottish club. As good as he was /maybe still is I don't think he would be good for Hibs in probably another two years ?

I've said this for long enough, while at Celtic he has shouted in the face of referees, and it is only his position in the Celtic team that allows him this!

If he comes back to us, the referees will be quick off the mark to send out their own statement of intent, and the only losers would be us!

If you think back of all the times when you've thought, that's a red card all day long, yet he never got it, playing for us it would be red every time with no chance of appeal!!!!!

Mibbes Aye
13-05-2018, 05:44 PM

I listened to the interview with SB on Radio Scotland and he acknowledged emphatically that he could afford to adapt his playing style because he had teammates to do the legwork and more of the running.

That takes some of the pressure off him and allows him to focus more on game management and in the Scottish league he pretty much excels at that.

If he were to come to Hibs we would need to structure our midfield, actually our whole team, around what he did and sign and select players accordingly. That wouldn't be the end of the world but I don't think it's the direction we should be heading in.

As an aside, I was critical of his decision to go to Celtc rather than trying his luck down south - I think Reading, who were top-flight at the time were interested and it could have been a developmental move in the same way Andy Robertson's move to Hull was.

Looking at it now, he's captained his club and country, won medals galore and played scores of games in European competition. It's not been a bad career.

He talked about getting into coaching when the playing days end - I suspect he will turn out to be a very decent manager.

itslegaltender
13-05-2018, 05:48 PM
I think Newcastle tried to get him months after he joined Celtic. The box to box midfielder with phenomena pace was lost when Strachan altered his game. Was convinced he would have gone on to play for Man Utd or the likes of Arsenal and become one of the all time greats.

The Sproule hat trick highlights show Brown at his best for us.

ancient hibee
13-05-2018, 05:49 PM
Received another atrocious tackle today.

snooky
13-05-2018, 07:15 PM
I think Newcastle tried to get him months after he joined Celtic. The box to box midfielder with phenomena pace was lost when Strachan altered his game. Was convinced he would have gone on to play for Man Utd or the likes of Arsenal and become one of the all time greats.

The Sproule hat trick highlights show Brown at his best for us.

I agree with you 100%.

Jim44
13-05-2018, 07:34 PM
He said in a recent interview that his future was with Celtic.