PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV / Hibs.net and the 2017/18 season

Greenio
13-05-2018, 03:40 AM
I'd like to share my appreciation of Hibs TV, Hibs.net and all the people that make them possible.

When you live away from Scotland, you really value keeping a connection to home and, for me anyway, Hibs TV - and hibs.net have been amazing. I don't really post on here much, but this season especially, I've really felt the energy behind Hibs from reading these forums and have absolutely loved watching the games from 10,000 miles away (Melbourne, Australia) often into the wee hours! I'm sure its been the same for all the US, middle east, NZ, Canadian and other far-flung hibbies out there.

Hibs TV have really been outstanding this season with the quality of the feed, the extra content and the amount of games they have arranged coverage for. Cliff and Danny are spot on with their commentary, calling it how they see it, with great knowledge of the teams and the players.

Hibs.net has been somewhere I've come often to get the latest news and hear from people who've shared my excitement for the team this season.

Huge thanks to everyone behind them.

Confident we can finish the season on a high and build on what we've now got at ER.

Cheers!

houstonhibbee
13-05-2018, 03:45 AM
I'd like to share my appreciation of Hibs TV, Hibs.net and all the people that make them possible.

When you live away from Scotland, you really value keeping a connection to home and, for me anyway, Hibs TV - and hibs.net have been amazing. I don't really post on here much, but this season especially, I've really felt the energy behind Hibs from reading these forums and have absolutely loved watching the games from 10,000 miles away (Melbourne, Australia) often into the wee hours! I'm sure its been the same for all the US, middle east, NZ, Canadian and other far-flung hibbies out there.

Hibs TV have really been outstanding this season with the quality of the feed, the extra content and the amount of games they have arranged coverage for. Cliff and Keith are spot on with their commentary, calling it how they see it, with great knowledge of the teams and the players.

Hibs.net has been somewhere I've come often to get the latest news and hear from people who've shared my excitement for the team this season.

Confident we can finish the season on a high and build on what we've now got at ER.

Cheers!

second that :thumbsup:

SingaporeHibs
13-05-2018, 03:49 AM
Totally agree Greenio. Hibs TV has been fantastic this season, it really is an important link for me and the family to Hibs and home.

AZhibee
13-05-2018, 04:16 AM
My HibsTV membership is my season ticket, and my primary means to follow Hibs.

ozhibs
13-05-2018, 05:26 AM

Hibs TV have really been outstanding this season with the quality of the feed, the extra content and the amount of games they have arranged coverage for. Cliff and Keith are spot on with their commentary, calling it how they see it, with great knowledge of the teams and the players.

Cheers!
Totally agree thanks guys keep up the good work :cb:flag::flag:

The Green Goblin
13-05-2018, 05:27 AM

Cheers!

:aok: Totally agree with all of that. Hibs TV is an incredible thing to have access to and it has been great to see it develop from its humble “two guys and a camera” setup back in 2000 to the HD magicfest it is today. I’m coming home in July after many years abroad, so I will be taking my ST seat at ER from now on, but after 18 years of subscribing, I think I will still miss the buzz of setting up to watch the games in my living room. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of making it happen.

norwayhibs
13-05-2018, 05:32 AM
Totally agree , hibs TV has been fantastic this year , a big thank you to Cliff and his crew:agree::agree:

haagsehibby
13-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Wholeheartedly agree. Also returning home after 30 years away and got my ST for next season. I will maintain my Hibs TV subscription for the interviews and highlights.

California-Hibs
13-05-2018, 06:54 AM
I honestly don't know what I'd do without HibsTV. Genuinely. It's my season ticket and just means so so much when you're the other side of the world and have that sense of feeling like you're back at Easter Road in some capacity.

The progress its made from poor quality, shakey camera etc to the outstanding HD stream, replays, different angles at times, crystal audio, we have today, is remarkable.

A massive thank you from me!

JimmyJazz1875
13-05-2018, 10:16 AM
I have moved to China very recently, and have been really missing going to see Hibs.

Because of the internet restrictions here, it can be difficult to even get the BBC radio coverage of games.

I am thinking that possibly Hibstv is the route to go for next season, but I was wondering if any other posters live in these parts, and could tell me if it works here?
Does it require a VPN to access?

Sorry if this seems like a thread-hijack, it just seemed the most relevant topic to stick this question in.

euro Hibby
13-05-2018, 11:05 AM
For china i think a VPN will help or suggest you get a HK sim card !

Thanks to Hibs TV .. improving all the time and keeping me updated here in Italy !

PeeJay
13-05-2018, 11:08 AM

Cheers!

Good post, well said - thanks too all involved too from me here in Berlin ...

Jim_in_Canada
13-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Well said ! Couldn't agree more !

Wull
13-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Agreed the hibs.net and hibs tv are great, as are Lennons Hibees, long may it continue :thumbsup:

minglis
13-05-2018, 12:42 PM
100% great service from them helped me while on holiday so I could watch last 2 games even though I was having trouble they sorted it out quickly.

cocteautwin
13-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Been great for me too when I’m in Japan. Excellent service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cocteautwin
13-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I have moved to China very recently, and have been really missing going to see Hibs.

Because of the internet restrictions here, it can be difficult to even get the BBC radio coverage of games.

I am thinking that possibly Hibstv is the route to go for next season, but I was wondering if any other posters live in these parts, and could tell me if it works here?

Sorry if this seems like a thread-hijack, it just seemed the most relevant topic to stick this question in.

Hi mate, I’m in Jiangsu province a lot of the time and it really just doesn’t work due to Chinese internet. Works perfect when I’m in Japan. Where are you in China?

JimmyJazz1875
16-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Hi mate, I’m in Jiangsu province a lot of the time and it really just doesn’t work due to Chinese internet. Works perfect when I’m in Japan. Where are you in China?

I'm in Guangzhou, mate.
At first I was able to get highlights and radio from the BBC, but that's no longer working, so i'm kind of at a loss for how to get live Hibs games here.

The Green Goblin
16-05-2018, 01:05 PM

I don’t know about VPN stuff, but if Hibs TV doesn’t work (it should though) for a big game (cup/derby) there is another option. Bit weird, but I did it a few times when I couldn’t access Hibs tv: you get someone who does have access to it (or the game if it is on BT Sport/BBC/Sky or whatever) to Skype or Facetime you with the camera pointed at the screen. Yes, I have done that, and I was that desperate and it worked fine. :greengrin

JimmyJazz1875
16-05-2018, 01:22 PM
I don’t know about VPN stuff, but if Hibs TV doesn’t work (it should though) for a big game (cup/derby) there is another option. Bit weird, but I did it a few times when I couldn’t access Hibs tv: you get someone who does have access to it (or the game if it is on BT Sport/BBC/Sky or whatever) to Skype or Facetime you with the camera pointed at the screen. Yes, I have done that, and I was that desperate and it worked fine. :greengrin

That's actually not a bad shout!
It does have the reek of desperation about it, but I miss watching hibs enough to give it a shot! 😂

Thanks for the suggestion, mate.

worcesterhibby
16-05-2018, 02:44 PM
posted similar on the PM board...couldn't agree more :aok:

scotiaf
16-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Have to agree, seen a lot more of Hibs based in Dubai than I did in Glasgow. Well done Hibs TV

NevadaHibee
16-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Hibs Tv and a wee British goods store down the road were huge for me when I lived in the States. Was able to watch Hibs and enjoy a pie at half-time!