PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon

Babyshamble
12-05-2018, 11:25 PM
Ive seen all the posts on here about what he said & missing the media interviews.i suffer like what Lenny does with anxiety & depression.all it takes is one silly thing to spark it off.maybe folk on here should get off his back.its a horrible thing to deal with.wouldn't wish it on anyone.we need to support him 100%.

DarlingtonHibee
12-05-2018, 11:32 PM
This, I have had similar issues with work. It is a dreadful thing to deal with and I think that is the issue here, it doesn't go away

monktonharp
12-05-2018, 11:33 PM
Ive seen all the posts on here about what he said & missing the media interviews.i suffer like what Lenny does with anxiety & depression.all it takes is one silly thing to spark it off.maybe folk on here should get off his back.its a horrible thing to deal with.wouldn't wish it on anyone.we need to support him 100%.seems a few on here might not have thought of that side of things. he does also seem to have massive support for his performance over the season, and folk are just wishing him well and to be with us next year.

Tug Wilson
12-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Ive seen all the posts on here about what he said & missing the media interviews.i suffer like what Lenny does with anxiety & depression.all it takes is one silly thing to spark it off.maybe folk on here should get off his back.its a horrible thing to deal with.wouldn't wish it on anyone.we need to support him 100%.

Absolutely. When it takes hold life can get very dark indeed.

Greencore
12-05-2018, 11:42 PM

Brave post, I also suffer from mental health issues and completely agree.

JOD
13-05-2018, 12:44 AM
You know what the sad thing is .

Everybody says speak out loud and your fellow humans will understand.

Bollocks. Neil is an example. He opened up and admitted he had issues.

Now if he sounds off there is a media uproar because Neil had courage.

Any other manager including Fergie could go ballistic in the dressing room

and on the media but hey ho that was ok because he was just sounding off !!!

Our manager does it and it comes down to his mental heath.

Neil Lennon is the best manager we have had since Eddie Turnbull.

Let us all support him Please

heretoday
13-05-2018, 01:24 AM
I wouldn't blame him if he didn't turn up.

That would put the team on their mettle. Are they big enough to come to the plate?

There's no harder test than to play the Glasgow Rangers.

oneone73
13-05-2018, 07:55 AM

You're joking, right?

Cabbage East
13-05-2018, 08:10 AM

That would put the team on their mettle. Are they big enough to come to the plate?

Ok mate.

Jones28
13-05-2018, 08:49 AM

"The Glasgow Rangers"? I thought that was what the Huns called them? Reason being is they're so thick they have to confirm the City they play in so they don't end up in Wakefield.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
13-05-2018, 08:55 AM

Very true, the old Glasgow Huns, with their cheating and spending millions they didnt have were a tough test.

The new incarnation, with their confused history (being both a new and an old club at the same time), their revival of their anti-catholic bigotry and anti-irish racism, their routine hammerings by Celtic, and their routine beatings by us, are not nearly so intimidating.

They aint what they used to be - figuratively, and literally.

erin go bragh
13-05-2018, 09:01 AM

They died bud . Think you will find we have the much better record against The Rangers .
The only thing that’s not changed is their horrible bigoted fans/Orcs .

rcarter1
13-05-2018, 09:08 AM
You know what the sad thing is .

Everybody says speak out loud and your fellow humans will understand.

Bollocks. Neil is an example. He opened up and admitted he had issues.

Now if he sounds off there is a media uproar because Neil had courage.

Any other manager including Fergie could go ballistic in the dressing room

and on the media but hey ho that was ok because he was just sounding off !!!

Our manager does it and it comes down to his mental heath.

Neil Lennon is the best manager we have had since Eddie Turnbull.

Let us all support him Please

SO true. Professional life in particular is very unforgiving. Im 100% in support of Lennon, but also 100% behind the players.

Bottom line is, if a striker breaks a leg, they dont play, no matter how much they want to/we have sympathy for them.

Lennon's outbursts are water off a ducks back for me - but it could be different for people closer to the club (players or others).

No matter the circumstances, one way or another, we all have to take responsibility for how we act/perform.

I have experienced years of depression/anxiety, and I can safely say that in the long run your career/life will suffer if you dont get on top of it. I wish Lennon 100% all the best for that, but the Club need to also look after the morale/togetherness of the squad etc.

IncredibleHibee
13-05-2018, 09:16 AM

I’ve suffered terribly with this as well but I have to admit I hadn’t even thought that might be what was wrong with Lennon. Looking at the facts now it seems quite obvious that he is suffering again. Great post

Bostonhibby
13-05-2018, 09:27 AM
You're joking, right?Yep, meant the now defunct Glasgow rangers. They had an advantage because of all the players they signed due to side letters and not paying their taxes.

We more or less own sevco.

Back on subject, 100% behind Neil. Been good for us and deserves our backing and respect.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

emerald green
13-05-2018, 09:34 AM

Yeah, playing the likes of Bayern Munich or Real Madrid for instance is easy compared to playing "the Glasgow Rangers" (do you mean newco?). :rolleyes:

Chic Murray
13-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Good article here:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/neil-lennon-leaves-hibs-wont-12525562

kaimendhibs
13-05-2018, 09:51 AM
I also suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I cope mostly but am on medication. I had one really bad breakdown and a few less serious relapses. My wife can always tell when it's coming as my mood changes, I get irritable and short tempered. That's what I saw with Neil Lennon post match on Wednesday. I pray he is ok and agree we should all be 100 per cent behind him.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
13-05-2018, 09:52 AM
Marvin has his say https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/marvin-bartley-hibs-boss-wrong-to-brand-us-amateurs-1-4738539

neil7908
13-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Let's all back the manager and players today and end the season in style by giving them a good doing.

oneone73
13-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Good article here:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/neil-lennon-leaves-hibs-wont-12525562

Gordon "I saw Hibs fans leather every Rangers player" Waddell? I'll leave his considered analysis alone thanks.
He and his ilk are loving this.

stantonhibby
13-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Gordon "I saw Hibs fans leather every Rangers player" Waddell? I'll leave his considered analysis alone thanks.

Correct

Scottie
13-05-2018, 10:20 AM
:agree:

WhileTheChief..
13-05-2018, 10:31 AM
Thought he had the flu?

Other than that this is just speculating about his health.

Jim44
13-05-2018, 10:39 AM

IIRC, his lies and language were even more controversial than this. He said something like, ‘I clearly saw Hibs supporters kicking into a Sevco player lying on the ground.’ :rolleyes:

OsloHibs
13-05-2018, 11:00 AM
Has anyone seen him today? Is he at ER?

Wilson
13-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Has anyone seen him today? Is he at ER?

Gordon Waddell? Dunno. What does he look like?

OsloHibs
13-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Gordon Waddell? Dunno. What does he look like?

Has gone completely over my head.

euro Hibby
13-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Weegie press do not love Hibs....in fact i thought the press were pretty awful this week. No facts and sensational headlines. Lets give them another today.......Big hibs win

wookie70
13-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Spoke well on Sportsound. Not quite an apology but good enough imo. Hopefully when he talked about players not following instructions he realises he may have to take some responsibility for that too