PDA

View Full Version : Attendance tomorrow?

madhibby
12-05-2018, 09:00 PM
What do you think its likely to be?

Segregation in the South Stand might lose (say?) 400 fans so that takes the attendance down to around 20,000 assuming capacity is 20,400?

Biggest gate so far this season was 20,190 odd against Celtic first game at Easter Road?

With the game being sold out for a couple of weeks and better publicised opportunity for no attending season ticket holders to release their ticket for resale to Hibs fans if they they cant make the game could the recorded attendance exceed the highest of the season?

My estimate is 19,800 odd, any other theories/numbers?

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:01 PM

Segregation in the South Stand might lose (say?) 400 fans so that takes the attendance down to around 20,000 assuming capacity is 20,400?

Biggest gate so far this season was 20,190 odd against Celtic first game at Easter Road?

With the game being sold out for a couple of weeks and better publicised opportunity for no attending season ticket holders to release their ticket for resale to Hibs fans if they they cant make the game could the recorded attendance exceed the highest of the season?

My estimate is 19,800 odd, any other theories/numbers?

18k or so. There will be lots of no shows after Wednesday, judging by how many tickets are for sale.

Clerie Green
12-05-2018, 09:02 PM
19,801 ! :aok:

madhibby
12-05-2018, 09:04 PM
18k or so. There will be lots of no shows after Wednesday, judging by how many tickets are for sale.

But no shows wont impact on the actual tickets sold as they have already been sold and will be included in the recorded match attendance?

Hiber-nation
12-05-2018, 09:05 PM

If folk are simply not turning up because of Wednesday then they should have a word with themselves.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:07 PM
But no shows wont impact on the actual tickets sold as they have already been sold and will be included in the recorded match attendance?

Only fans through the turnstiles should be counted as the official attendance, if Hibs announce the attendance on tickets sold then the club are lying to us and the rest of Scottish Football. Thats something Hearts do.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:08 PM
If folk are simply not turning up because of Wednesday then they should have a word with themselves.

Tell that to the folk that are all of a sudden selling the tickets for tomorrow.

JimBHibees
12-05-2018, 09:10 PM
Tell that to the folk that are all of a sudden selling the tickets for tomorrow.

Proper ray of sunshine as usual.

Will be a fantastic support as there has been all season. :flag:

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Missed a fair few matches this season due to family commitments but got along when I can. Was never missing the last game of the season. Not because we stood a chance of 2nd, but to show the players and manager, and fans for that matter my appreciation for this campaign.

It's been one of the most enjoyable seasons to attend ER. May be not the excitement of the "teenage kicks" era but we've had an air of arrogance and swagger I've rarely seen. A never say die attitude and at times bullied the defensively solid weaker teams in to submission. Again something we've lacked before.

The fans have played their part. Sometimes we've got a soft centred fan base that can turn quickly, they've been tremendous this year. The back catalogue of songs is 2nd to none in the league and some memorable atmospheres over the season

We've had a great season on and off the field, Wednesday night doesn't change that. It just gives us the hunger to go further next season

As for the crowd, I hope people haven't honestly turned their back because we've limited chance of achieving anything tomorrow!!!

Bring on the huns at a packed ER. Nothing like it

Ringothedog
12-05-2018, 09:17 PM

So how many are being resold? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands?
I need to know as I won’t be able to sleep tonight worrying about it.
The official crowd will be 19900 or thereabouts

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:20 PM
So how many are being resold? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands?
I need to know as I won’t be able to sleep tonight worrying about it.
The official crowd will be 19900 or thereabouts

Better take some sleeping tablets then. :rolleyes:

Ringothedog
12-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Only fans through the turnstiles should be counted as the official attendance, if Hibs announce the attendance on tickets sold then the club are lying to us and the rest of Scottish Football. Thats something Hearts do.

What a load of tosh, I accept it is your opinion and you are entitled to it but do you really think any other clubs give actual attendance rather than tickets sold, my guess is that tickets sold is given for tax purposes. I am probably wrong though☺️

Ringothedog
12-05-2018, 09:26 PM
Better take some sleeping tablets then. :rolleyes:

I will carry on watching Eurovision that seems to be doing the job rather than taking nasty tablets

Hermit Crab
What a load of tosh, I accept it is your opinion and you are entitled to it but do you really think any other clubs give actual attendance rather than tickets sold, my guess is that tickets sold is given for tax purposes. I am probably wrong though☺️

How is giving the actual attendance instead of tickets sold a load of tosh? The club is meant to be transparent.

Hermit Crab
I will carry on watching Eurovision that seems to be doing the job rather than taking nasty tablets

Either that or watch that Britains got talent pish!

Broken Gnome
12-05-2018, 09:28 PM
How is giving the actual attendance instead of tickets sold a load of tosh? The club is meant to be transparent.

Aren't every club at it? Celtic, Hearts and Hamilton are certs - it's been obvious at every Hibs game this season bar both derbies, why is it a surprise or worth teeth-gnashing now?

Ringothedog
12-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Either that or watch that Britains got talent pish!

No disagreement there

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:31 PM
Aren't every club at it? Celtic, Hearts and Hamilton are certs - it's been obvious at every Hibs game this season bar both derbies, why is it a surprise or worth teeth-gnashing now?

We shouldn't be like the other clubs though.

Ringothedog
12-05-2018, 09:31 PM

Rangers most weeks

Broken Gnome
12-05-2018, 09:34 PM

That's all well and good and idealistic, but it's a shift across football (see Arsenal) that's clearly more than just kidology or trying to look good. I'd be fairly sure it's a worthwhile endeavour.

Mr White
12-05-2018, 09:37 PM
That's all well and good and idealistic, but it's a shift across football (see Arsenal) that's clearly more than just kidology or trying to look good. I'd be fairly sure it's a worthwhile endeavour.

:agree:
Potential sponsors looking at average attendances for example. If rival clubs are announcing tickets sold it would be a bit daft to be giving out the bums on seat numbers at ER.

mutley
12-05-2018, 09:37 PM
It would be good to crack the 20k barrier but I doubt it due to segregation wasted seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

silverhibee
12-05-2018, 09:40 PM

It's sold out, that's what the club will go with, full capacity take away segregation.

monktonharp
12-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Better take some sleeping tablets then. :rolleyes:your a right bundle of laughs, aintya? why not find another forum to annoy. thought you were a Hibs fan a while back, that had something to say

zitelli62
12-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Shrekko
12-05-2018, 10:00 PM
Regardless .... it’s definitely tickets sold we announce these days- beyond any doubt whatsoever.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 10:04 PM
your a right bundle of laughs, aintya? why not find another forum to annoy. thought you were a Hibs fan a while back, that had something to say

A bit like your early hours posts eh.

If you thought I was a Hibs fan then, what am I now?

monktonharp
12-05-2018, 10:10 PM
A bit like your early hours posts eh.

If you thought I was a Hibs fan then, what am I now?you don't want me to call you after your avatar do you? one thing, I wont ever recommend anything to fellow fans, regarding medical needs etc

Scottie
12-05-2018, 10:14 PM
you don't want me to call you after your avatar do you? one thing, I wont ever recommend anything to fellow fans, regarding medical needs etc
:faf: Did you see his avatar change quickly or was I seeing things ?

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 10:22 PM
you don't want me to call you after your avatar do you? one thing, I wont ever recommend anything to fellow fans, regarding medical needs etc

My avatar has been the same since I joined. :confused:

Scottie
12-05-2018, 10:27 PM
My avatar has been the same since I joined. :confused:
Sorry HC but someone must of hacked your account because when I posted a couple of minutes ago your avatar was showing a Cockerel hence Monktonharp's post :confused:

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 10:28 PM
Sorry HC but someone must of hacked your account because when I posted a couple of minutes ago your avatar was showing a Cockerel :confused:

Aye good one. :rolleyes:

Brooster
12-05-2018, 11:11 PM

Please stop talking zhite.

monktonharp
12-05-2018, 11:38 PM
:faf: Did you see his avatar change quickly or was I seeing things ?I might have been referring to his sometimes avatar.:wink: clever work though eh? :greengrin

houstonhibbee
13-05-2018, 02:22 AM

My estimate is 19,800 odd, any other theories/numbers?are you not mixing up tickets dsold with real attendance?

if it's sold out then less segregation then as you say official attendance is 20k

who urns up is anyone's guess

maybe 18500 but that won't get reported

jgl07
13-05-2018, 10:21 AM

That is something that every club I am aware of does in Scotland and elsewhere.

Arsenal have had several matches where the ground looked barely half to three quarters full and was still reported as 59,000 plus.

Does it matter if a few people don’t show having bought a ticket? The only thing that can be done is to increase season ticket prices. That would not be a good move just to satisfy a few obsessives like yourself.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-05-2018, 10:47 AM
A game against the Rangers on a Sunday at stupid o'clock and on the telly would have got a crowd of 14 to 15k. We will get more than that today.

kaimendhibs
13-05-2018, 10:58 AM
I can't come today. Nothing to do with Wednesday. I live in the sticks and my car is gubbed. Missus needs hers for work and not home till 1330. Gutted doesn't cover it[emoji29][emoji29][emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Att today (or tickets sold:dunno:) 19,579.

Phil MaGlass
13-05-2018, 02:07 PM
whats the average for the season now?

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 02:09 PM

Just lots of Hibbys, who really cares if them little lot along the road fiddle the figures along wi many other things.

Hibbyradge
13-05-2018, 02:11 PM

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

DH1875
13-05-2018, 02:26 PM
Att today (or tickets sold:dunno:) 19,579.

Tickets sold I'd say.

Phil MaGlass
13-05-2018, 02:30 PM
cheers, looks healthy

WhileTheChief..
13-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Tremendous atmosphere inside ER today.

Take it all the Rangers fans got in and out the ground safely?!

houstonhibbee
13-05-2018, 05:56 PM
Tickets sold I'd say.
Didn't look like many empty seats either

jgl07
13-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Didn't look like many empty seats either
Other than Hermit Crab’s seat for the last twenty minutes!

Crazyhorse
13-05-2018, 08:54 PM

Double our average attendance of two seasons ago. Wow!

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-05-2018, 09:00 PM
Our seasonal average is TREBLE what we got at home to Dumbarton in the March/April before we won the Scottish. Incredible

Just a fantastic place to be. Let's all enjoy the rest (except Lennon/LeeAnn and co they've got targets to acquire) and hopefully be back for a European run in June/July

theonlywayisup
13-05-2018, 09:18 PM

What was the Hertz average at Tiny?