PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Hearts

12-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Bit late in writing this as i haven't had my laptop all week but didn't want to miss out on passing on a big congratulations to our neighbours, "the famous" for winning the Champions League on Wednesday night. I've been at work all week and the arrogance the jambos there have shown can only be attributed to something as grand as a Champions League win.

I've heard all week, from mainly jambos that have been EXTREMELY quiet on the football front for a long time, how "Natural Order" has been restored, how they "ruined our season" by knocking us out the cup and denying us second etc etc.

17 points behind us, in 6th place, their seasons been over for months, they've played eye bleeding football all season yet the "Big Team" are delighted because they got a a win against us (3 points that were also completely meaningless to their league position). How the mighty have fallen, once again everything lives and dies with how they do against hibs. Was the exact same with Robbie Neilson. He got them promoted first time of asking then in their first season back got them finished 3rd. By anyones standards thats pretty impressive but he was still hated by a lot of the hearts support simply because he ****ed it against hibs. You only have to listen to hearts players when they first sign, more times that not, they aren't bumming up their love for hearts, it's all about getting a dig in at hibs because they know that goes down far better with the fans. Their entire existance revolves around us. It was Levein i'm sure that said, the first thing you get told when you sign for hearts is simply YOU MUST NOT LOSE TO HIBS. Most of that mob would probably celebrate finishing 11th as long as hibs finished 12th, thats how sad it gets with them.

Big Team my arse :faf:

SRHibs
12-05-2018, 03:12 PM
If our season was as bad as theirs I would definitely be taking joy from the little things. Can’t blame them.

guthrie01
12-05-2018, 03:17 PM
If roles where reversed I’d be certainly be celebrating putting Hearts out the cup and potentially Europe. Bit of a weird post imo

Pretty Boy
12-05-2018, 03:22 PM
I don't mind taking a slagging from the guys who go to games and are proper fans. I give it out so I take it back, that's football.

The twice a season brigade who have all come crawling out the woodwork since Wednesday can **** off though.

Paisley Hibby
12-05-2018, 03:27 PM
If roles where reversed I’d be certainly be celebrating putting Hearts out the cup and potentially Europe. Bit of a weird post imo
Exactly. Just like the season when we only took one point off them and they lost the league on the last day on goal difference 😉

Crazyhorse
12-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Bit late in writing this as i haven't had my laptop all week but didn't want to miss out on passing on a big congratulations to our neighbours, "the famous" for winning the Champions League on Wednesday night. I've been at work all week and the arrogance the jambos there have shown can only be attributed to something as grand as a Champions League win.

I've heard all week, from mainly jambos that have been EXTREMELY quiet on the football front for a long time, how "Natural Order" has been restored, how they "ruined our season" by knocking us out the cup and denying us second etc etc.

17 points behind us, in 6th place, their seasons been over for months, they've played eye bleeding football all season yet the "Big Team" are delighted because they got a a win against us (3 points that were also completely meaningless to their league position). How the mighty have fallen, once again everything lives and dies with how they do against hibs. Was the exact same with Robbie Neilson. He got them promoted first time of asking then in their first season back got them finished 3rd. By anyones standards thats pretty impressive but he was still hated by a lot of the hearts support simply because he ****ed it against hibs. You only have to listen to hearts players when they first sign, more times that not, they aren't bumming up their love for hearts, it's all about getting a dig in at hibs because they know that goes down far better with the fans. Their entire existance revolves around us. It was Levein i'm sure that said, the first thing you get told when you sign for hearts is simply YOU MUST NOT LOSE TO HIBS. Most of that mob would probably celebrate finishing 11th as long as hibs finished 12th, thats how sad it gets with them.

While I agree with many of your points the one thing that has always irked me is that I get the impression that the senior management at tiny for a couple of generations have taken the derby more seriously than at Hibs. With the ulgies dominating everything most of the time the derby is very important and I would like Hibs to award special bonuses etc for winning those matches. Our record is very poor and we should prioritise addressing it in my view. If this seems parochial I don't really care, I would like to see us improve on this front.

brog
12-05-2018, 03:59 PM
They must surely have set a new SPFL record with 6 players suspended for tomorrow's final game. Something for all Yams to celebrate!

12-05-2018, 04:11 PM

Really? You'd celebrate finishing 6th, being 17 points behind hearts just because you got a couple of derby wins? Strange. If the most you have to play for and celebrate is your rivals failing then thats pretty sad.

chrisski33
12-05-2018, 04:14 PM

tbh its taken you this long to post about wednesdays result? we would celebrate if we had stopped hearts getting 2nd tbh. but fk the hearts!

LustForLeith
12-05-2018, 04:21 PM
I really don’t get posts like this

12-05-2018, 04:21 PM
tbh its taken you this long to post about wednesdays result? we would celebrate if we had stopped hearts getting 2nd tbh. but fk the hearts!

I would have enjoyed it, of course I would but for many hearts fans it seems to make up for the fact their season has been awful. If hibs had a ***** season, I of course would still enjoy beating hearts but I really wouldn't give a toss what they did yet for them, as long as hibs fail all is great.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Who the **** cares!

lord bunberry
12-05-2018, 04:23 PM
They must surely have set a new SPFL record with 6 players suspended for tomorrow's final game. Something for all Yams to celebrate!
They wanted to cement their position at the top of the dirtiest team league. You have give them some credit for retaining their title.

12-05-2018, 04:31 PM
They wanted to cement their position at the top of the dirtiest team league. You have give them some credit for retaining their title.

"History Makers" as Levein called them earlier in the season after that remarkable run of about 5 games without conceeding a goal or soemthing equally as ridiculous. I wonder when their own version of "Time for Heroes" is coming out :greengrin They could make it a double disc dvd, one for that run of not conceeding (Stuff of legends btw!) and of course retaining their "Dirty *******s" title :wink:

killie-hibby
12-05-2018, 04:49 PM
Who the **** cares!

I care,and fully agree with the LP's comments and observations.

killie-hibby
12-05-2018, 04:53 PM
I care,and fully agree with the LP's comments and observations.

Sorry,I meant the OP's comments and observations

Onion
12-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Beating Hibs with eye bleeding hoofball while kicking lumps out of opponents and time wasting with 75 mins to go is as good as it gets for the Yams these days. And that’s the best it’s going to get with their squad, manager and psyche.

heretoday
12-05-2018, 05:02 PM
I say well done to the Hearts.

They showed a lot of effort the other night to beat a team who were, admittedly, playing well beneath themselves.

Smartie
12-05-2018, 05:06 PM
I'm pleased for Edinburgh's sister pumping community that they have a team who can get within 20 points of the high-flying Hi-bees.

Keeeeeeeeep hoofing!

SingaporeHibs
12-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Totally understand and agree with where the OP is coming from. One of them even quoted in the EEN recently as saying that every age group from the young kids up is told that whatever happens winning against us is the important one. Wow, what a load of crap when teaching kids how to play the game.
We would all love to have one over them at first team level and overall for a number of years have been the more dominant but bloody hell its not the goal of our club. A result in 1 game or even 2 does not define a season. The league is over 38 games and cups come and go. Our success or failure as a club over a season is not defined by reaults vs them alone. If that was all we had as a club i might even give up after 40 years. We are far bigger than that. Lennon was right, they are irrelavent, they are just another game. 17 points, mind the gap

SON OF PADDY
12-05-2018, 05:21 PM
I don't mind taking a slagging from the guys who go to games and are proper fans. I give it out so I take it back, that's football.

The twice a season brigade who have all come crawling out the woodwork since Wednesday can **** off though

99% of Jambo's at my work !
Probably never been to Tynecastle in years.

Libby Hibby
12-05-2018, 05:29 PM
When’s the open top bus parade through Dalry and Gorgie?...Fandango’s, the lot of them

Spike Mandela
12-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Their future is mediocrity. Good luck to them.:cb

12-05-2018, 06:26 PM
I remeber the days when for jambos, beating us was a simple formality. They would go into derbies expecting nothing less than giving us a humping. Anything less would have been a disapointment. Nowadays they celebrate stopping us getting 2nd whilst sitting in 6th, 17 points behind us.

If any jambo sees that as a one up on us then that is utterly laughable, especially considering they love it boast about being "the big team".

Hiber-nation
12-05-2018, 06:29 PM

Was it really worth typing all these words about hearts?

G B Young
12-05-2018, 07:18 PM
They were entitled to crow. It was one of the very few highlights of a dismal couple of years for them. However, any yam who looks at the bigger picture (if there are such yams) would perhaps ask why they only tried a leg in that game after serving up so much insipid fodder for the rest of the season. They might have finished higher than a distant sixth had they shown a bit more ambition. They might also question why Levein was unable to get his side motivated for so many of those games and why, if he was seen as a better option that Cathro, they finished even lower down the league than Cathro's 5th place last season.

TheHarpy76
13-05-2018, 07:48 AM

From what I can gather they only have 3 players suspended. Berra,Smith and Naismith.

As for the OP. You just have to suck it up.
Let’s not kid on that we wouldn’t be doing the same if the roles were reversed.