PDA

View Full Version : How far we've come

12-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Gutted at missing out on second as thought we had a good chance but it says a lot about how far we've come. The fact finishing 4th in our first season back has me feeling a bit disappointed especially considering only 4 years ago we were hoping to just stay up! Don't get me wrong I'm really pleased with the season we've had and if someone had offered me 4th at the start of the season with the added wee nicety of being 17 (possibly 20 by the end if results go our way) points ahead of the Gorgie tramps, i'd have bit their hand off. Just feel that without a few silly dropped points it could have been a dream finish of second.

But hey ho, it wasn't to be but still so proud of the team and hopefully we still can get a shot at Europe. Great basis to build on and we've now set a decent benchmark for ourselves. The players have set a high standard and next season has to be all about going 1 better.

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Gutted at missing out on second as thought we had a good chance but it says a lot about how far we've come. The fact finishing 4th in our first season back has me feeling a bit disappointed especially considering only 4 years ago we were hoping to just stay up! Don't get me wrong I'm really pleased with the season we've had and if someone had offered me 4th at the start of the season with the added wee nicety of being 17 (possibly 20 by the end if results go our way) points ahead of the Gorgie tramps, i'd have bit their hand off. Just feel that without a few silly dropped points it could have been a dream finish of second.

But hey ho, it wasn't to be but still so proud of the team and hopefully we still can get a shot at Europe. Great basis to build on and we've now set a decent benchmark for ourselves. The players have set a high standard and next season has to be all about going 1 better.Great summary mate...it has been an excellent season that shouldn't be spoilt by the events of the last few days ...big summer of recruitment ahead but no concerns from me...I think we can replace departing players and have another right good go next season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12-05-2018, 04:27 PM
Great summary mate...it has been an excellent season that shouldn't be spoilt by the events of the last few days ...big summer of recruitment ahead but no concerns from me...I think we can replace departing players and have another right good go next season

Absolutely. Wednesday wasn't good but it shouldn't take the shine off our fantastic return to the PL. It'll be an interesting Summer but I reckon an exciting one. Hibs are an attractive prospect and are a club heading in the right direction so hopefully a few decent players wanting to come in. An exciting time to be a hibs fan.

Win, lose or draw on Sunday lets give the boys a brilliant backing like we have done all season and show them we're proud of them :flag:

Borderhibbie76
12-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Absolutely. Wednesday wasn't good but it shouldn't take the shine off our fantastic return to the PL. It'll be an interesting Summer but I reckon an exciting one. Hibs are an attractive prospect and are a club heading in the right direction so hopefully a few decent players wanting to come in. An exciting time to be a hibs fan.

Win, lose or draw on Sunday lets give the boys a brilliant backing like we have done all season and show them we're proud of them :flag:Deffo...and hopefully we can sign off with another Sevco-skelping [emoji106]