View Full Version : 6-0 It can be done

HibeesLittleHel
12-05-2018, 11:47 AM
6-0 It can be done
Come on Hibees
Smash der Hun!

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Behave. We can't win at tynecastle when Hibs were a "sure thing" according to some on here but we're going to beat Rangers 6-0. Good one. We have nothing to play for tomorrow.

Hibbyradge
12-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Please don't look at me askance
But we haven't got a friggin chance.

SChibs
12-05-2018, 11:58 AM
Behave. We can't win at tynecastle when Hibs were a "sure thing" according to some on here but we're going to beat Rangers 6-0. Good one. We have nothing to play for tomorrow.

Boring. Could at least have a good and be mildly optimistic. Stranger things really have happened. Fwiw I don't think we have 'nothing to play for'

Nicho87
12-05-2018, 11:59 AM
Got a feeling it'll be a rather flat atmosphere tomorrow.

Been looking forward to tomorrow since last Saturday but Wednesday changed that. Players will be gutted as well. Al the drama in the background won't have helped plans.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Boring. Could at least have a good and be mildly optimistic. Stranger things really have happened. Fwiw I don't think we have 'nothing to play for'

The only way we'll score 6 without reply tomorrow is if rangers go down to 7 men!

Waxy
12-05-2018, 12:02 PM
Having a chance at second has kind of worked against us. Funny that eh.we’re all a bit deflated when we’ve just had our best season since when?

Spike Mandela
12-05-2018, 12:02 PM
We can stop them getting second:thumbsup: That was enough to have Hearts fans celebrating as if they had won the Champions league.:cb

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Got a feeling it'll be a rather flat atmosphere tomorrow.

Been looking forward to tomorrow since last Saturday but Wednesday changed that. Players will be gutted as well. Al the drama in the background won't have helped plans.

Interest has faded, just look at all the tickets for sale flying about on various social media pages. Wednesday has scunnered a lot of people. Hibs blew it yet again.

SChibs
12-05-2018, 12:05 PM
The only way we'll score 6 without reply tomorrow is if rangers go down to 7 men!

Thing is if we get beat we went up 6 behind the huns and 4 behind Aberdeen. I know we can't get 2nd and realistically not 3rd but level on points with rangers and 1 behind Aberdeen would look better than more points.

For that reason I don't think we have nothing to play for

GreenCastle
12-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Stranger things have happened but I would take a win just now and finish on a well deserved high.

Nice actually taking the season to the last game.

Some teams finished their season when Motherwell knocked them out the cup.

20 point gap over our neighbours and the chance to make The Hibs finish 3rd plus a fantastic send off for some legends.

Plenty to play for !

Keith_M
12-05-2018, 12:08 PM

Can't you just give it a rest, even for one day?

I don't think Hibs will win by six goals either but your desperation to put Hibs down at every opportunity is already way beyond irritating.

Gonnae give us a break!

K.Marx
12-05-2018, 12:11 PM
Zero chance of a win by a 6 goal margin but I do think we could put 3 or 4 past them. Reckon it’ll be an open end to end game with us coming out on top.

superfurryhibby
12-05-2018, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;5401845]Interest has faded, just look at all the tickets for sale flying about on various social media pages. Wednesday has scunnered a lot of people. Hibs blew it yet again

I’m as disappointed as anyone, but I also have enough savvy to know it was a good season.

Blew it again is a **** stain of a comment.

Edit: so you’re selling your tickets on the back of your disappointment?

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Can't you just give it a rest, even for one day?

I don't think Hibs will win by six goals either but your desperation to put Hibs down at every opportunity is already way beyond irritating.

Gonnae give us a break!

Living in the real world is not something you can take a break from. I fail to see how saying Hibs failing to score 6 goals tomorrow is negative! Its called being realistic.

If you're not happy with what I post then use the ignore button.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=Hermit Crab;5401845]Interest has faded, just look at all the tickets for sale flying about on various social media pages. Wednesday has scunnered a lot of people. Hibs blew it yet again

I’m as disappointed as anyone, but I also have enough savvy to know it was a good season.

Blew it again is a **** stain of a comment.

100% true though. We blew it whether you like the statement or not. Set up at Tynecastle not to lose and failed.

The Green Goblin
12-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Interest has faded, just look at all the tickets for sale flying about on various social media pages.

That'll be the glory hunters and fair weather supporters. If they can't be bothered to support the team and manager that have given us such an exciting season on the final day of the season, then I'd rather they didn't go either. We'll see them at the next cup final though.

Springbank
12-05-2018, 12:17 PM
There are usually building blocks to huge résult

I'll be intérested if we are two up at half time

Then let the pressure start to weigh on a poor set of rangers players.

3 nil by the hour?
Whats that an ill disciplined red card you say?
4 by 80 mins and it really is game on

Our season and rangers season both deserve this outcome, you know

I cant wait for tomorrow

The Green Goblin
12-05-2018, 12:18 PM
We can stop them getting second:cb

What needs to happen for us to stop them getting second? (Genuine question: permutations confuse me.) cheers

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2018, 12:20 PM
Ok i will ask again on this thread, who were the last team we really pumped, never mind hammered 6-0? :confused:

Obviously its not impossible, but does anyone really think we can win 6-0? We can all hope, but my money is on a closely fought affair like Wednesdays was.

Spike Mandela
12-05-2018, 12:20 PM
What needs to happen for us to stop them getting second? (Genuine question: permutations confuse me.) cheers

1. We beat them or...
2. We draw and Aberdeen get at least a draw or....
3 Aberdeen beat Celtic.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:22 PM

We have to beat them to screw them for second, a draw will be good enough if Aberdeen lose.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2018, 12:22 PM
A win. Or if Aberdeen draw - a draw.

If Aberdeen win, they're second.

superfurryhibby
12-05-2018, 12:23 PM
That'll be the glory hunters and fair weather supporters. If they can't be bothered to support the team and manager that have given us such an exciting season on the final day of the season, then I'd rather they didn't go either. We'll see them at the next cup final though.

I’m really looking forward to the game. Hopefully the players get a result and the fans give a good send off to the departing guys who have given us the best day of our footballing lives.

People can do what they want, but I can’t understand why anyone’s disappointment at failing to secure a crack at second would stop them going to see us v the Hun. Easter Road will be jumping tomorrow and the fans will be backing the team.

Springbank
12-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Ok i will ask again on this thread, who were the last team we really pumped, never mind hammered 6-0? :confused:

Obviously its not impossible, but does anyone really think we can win 6-0? We can all hope, but my money is on a closely fought affair like Wednesdays was.

Wé scored 5 in our previous home game.

I could go back further but thats pretty récent...

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:26 PM

Ayr Utd in the league cup 5-0. Arbroath in the league cup 6-1, Montrose in the league cup 4-0.

In the league its has to be Kilmarnock away 0-3, a very flattering result that night as well.

Glory Lurker
12-05-2018, 12:26 PM
Of course we're not going to win 6-0, but there's nothing wrong in saying that we will.

6-0? Only if we go easy on them. It's going to be a goal fest!

GGTTH

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:27 PM

We didn't pump kilmarnock in that game. They probably deserved a draw to be fair.

RoYO!
12-05-2018, 12:27 PM
Blew it again! Wow.

The number of times we didn't 'blow it' (and could easily have) are just ignored then yes? Unbeaten since January. So many tricky ties. Doing what was required time and again. Mental strength grown to levels I can scarcely remember. 2nd best loss record in the league.

Tynecastle was always going to be incredibly tough.

Tomorrow is a send off for a number of genuine legends (undisputed) against a team we just love beating, denying them 2nd to a team they probably equally hate. Just another chance for them to be gubbed by a 'progres' in Europe.

I'm genuinely thankful for what this hibs team have given me this year and in recent times.

But bash on with your blew it again chat if it helps in any way. Is the ignore button available on iPhone?

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2018, 12:28 PM

Aye thats right, but why not answer what i asked? :confused:

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Blew it again! Wow.

The number of times we didn't 'blow it' (and could easily have) are just ignored then yes? Unbeaten since January. So many tricky ties. Doing what was required time and again. Mental strength grown to levels I can scarcely remember. 2nd best loss record in the league.

Tynecastle was always going to be incredibly tough.

Tomorrow is a send off for a number of genuine legends (undisputed) against a team we just love beating, denying them 2nd to a team they probably equally hate. Just another chance for them to be gubbed by a 'progres' in Europe.

I'm genuinely thankful for what this hibs team have given me this year and in recent times.

But bash on with your blew it again chat if it helps in any way. Is the ignore button available on iPhone?

It most certainly is, please use it if you're not happy.

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Of course it can be done, if something isn't literally impossible then no matter how unlikely it is possible. That's why if you walk into a bookies this afternoon and stick a fiver on Hibs winning 6 - 0 tomorrow they will offer you odds of say 400/1

If at the same time you ask for odds that your 80 year old granny will live to be 150 years old without artificial aid they will offer you odds of 1,000,000,000/1

Folk are saying the crowd will be flat tomorrow .... possibly it will, but if we can score twice without reply in the first half hour it will look like somebody has just passed a 250 volt shock right through everybody's seat the place will be so hyper :greengrin

Hibbyradge
12-05-2018, 12:48 PM

To be honest, I don't think we'll even win.

Apart from pride and professionalism, we've got virtually nothing to play for while Rangers are desperate to finish second.

Add to that the upset and confusion caused by Lennon's remarks and behaviour on Wednesday, not to mention the defeat itself, and we'll do well not to lose.

Still, we scored 5 against Killie ...

Springbank
12-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Of course it can be done, if something isn't literally impossible then no matter how unlikely it is possible. That's why if you walk into a bookies this afternoon and stick a fiver on Hibs winning 6 - 0 tomorrow they will offer you odds of say 400/1

If at the same time you ask for odds that your 80 year old granny will live to be 150 years old without artificial aid they will offer you odds of 1,000,000,000/1

Folk are saying the crowd will be flat tomorrow .... possibly it will, but if we can score twice without reply in the first half hour it will look like somebody has just passed a 250 volt shock right through everybody's seat the place will be so hyper :greengrin

Bang on the money

This rangers team was 5-0 down after an hours play just 2 games ago ffs

connerg
12-05-2018, 12:52 PM
I just put a pound on Hibs to win 6-0. 300/1 :flag:

Hibbyradge
12-05-2018, 12:58 PM
I just put a pound on Hibs to win 6-0. 300/1 :flag:

Should have given your pound to bet365.

450/1

danhibees1875
12-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Bang on the money

This rangers team was 5-0 down after an hours play just 2 games ago ffs

That would only help us if that was against a team that we had beaten just the week before though...

6-0 is happening.

Although, denying them second will be bitter sweet as really it just helps Aberdeen be stronger next season when we're more likely to be challenging them than the rangers.

emerald green
12-05-2018, 01:03 PM
Hibs to win 6-0 tomorrow is being very optimistic and hugely unrealistic IMHO. :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
12-05-2018, 01:10 PM
1. We beat them or...
2. We draw and Aberdeen get at least a draw or....
3 Aberdeen beat Celtic.

We have to beat them to screw them for second, a draw will be good enough if Aberdeen lose.

A win. Or if Aberdeen draw - a draw.

If Aberdeen win, they're second.

Thanks folks. Well then, I didn’t realise the chance of at least denying them second place were so possible. :aok: How could anyone possibly not be up for tomorrow???

The Green Goblin
12-05-2018, 01:11 PM
That would only help us if that was against a team that we had beaten just the week before though...

6-0 is happening.

Although, denying them second will be bitter sweet as really it just helps Aberdeen be stronger next season when we're more likely to be challenging them than the rangers.

I would say more sweet than bitter tbh. :wink: If I had to choose, I’d much rather see Aberdeen take 2nd than the hun hordes.

danhibees1875
12-05-2018, 01:13 PM
I would say more sweet than bitter tbh. :wink: If I had to choose, I’d much rather see Aberdeen take 2nd than the hun hordes.

I'd agree, but it would ultimately not be beneficial to us. Hence, bitter sweet. I'd still enjoy it though. :greengrin

snooky
12-05-2018, 01:15 PM
Hibs to win 6-0 tomorrow is being very optimistic and hugely unrealistic IMHO. :rolleyes:

Hibs to win tomorrow is being optimistic but not unrealistic IMHO.

RossScott1991
12-05-2018, 01:18 PM
It would take probaly one of the finest performances in the history of the club. It would have to be something quite special. Even if we scored 6 there is no way we would keep a clean sheet. Look at Kilmarnock game.

Hopefully we can just win, even if it’s by 1 goal. Nice fitting ending to legends who likely will have played their last game.

I’m just expecting an attacking on the front foot type performance. Hopefully a good game and win to end a brilliant season. Topped off with lennon confirming after game he’s staying, and that he’s apologised to the players etc. Feel good factor is all I’m after.

emerald green
12-05-2018, 01:26 PM
Hibs to win tomorrow is being optimistic but not unrealistic IMHO.

I agree, but not 6-0.

Captain Trips
12-05-2018, 01:39 PM
There is everything to play for tomorrow. Likely the last time we may see some players and we are playing against a big rival club.

Finish this season on a nice win with good crowd.

Thecat23
12-05-2018, 01:44 PM
Doesn’t matter when we play The Rangers that’s more than enough for the players to be up for it. Nothing to play for aye right!!

Kato
12-05-2018, 01:45 PM
I predict a narrow win for the rangers punctuated by Hibs players being rotationally fouled, the odd handball by a the rangers player being ignored, pushing Hibs players in the back being allowed at headers, every 50-50 being a foul for the rangers, the rangers being given fouls if any of their players go to ground and Sportscene praising the rangers for winning "the physical battle" whilst the screen shows a series of unpunished knee-high/studs up assaults on Hibs players.

How's that for realism? Just going on the flavour of games I've seen this season. The Rangers really need the points, Scottish football "culture" will kick in big time to ensure they get them.

Bam
12-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Think we'll win 8-2, hattricks from Maclaren and Kamberi with a rare goal from Dylan and a SJM lob from 40 yards

stantonhibby
12-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Rangers 4-0 game ?

iwasthere1972
12-05-2018, 01:59 PM

Bonnyrigg Rose.

https://youtu.be/S9KXrRUZqtw

California-Hibs
12-05-2018, 02:01 PM

Nothing to play for? I much prefer Aberdeen as a club than Rangers and would love to deny the huns 2nd and send them home raging. This 'nothing to play for' line is total keek!

The Tubs
12-05-2018, 02:12 PM
When I lived in Edinburgh, this is exactly the type of game I was well up for, just like Lennon seemed on the Hibs tv interview on Wednesday.

We’ve got a massive incentive to hammer a despicable club that has suffered a few hammerings recently.

Keith_M
12-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Living in the real world is not something you can take a break from. I fail to see how saying Hibs failing to score 6 goals tomorrow is negative! Its called being realistic.

If you're not happy with what I post then use the ignore button.

It's got nothing to do with living in the real world, it's the fact that you seem to be taking every opportunity to have a sly dig at Hibs.

Give it a rest.

Deansy
12-05-2018, 02:29 PM
C'mon the Hibees - you've given us a fantastic season, one shock defeat doesn't change that !. So award yourselves a big end-of-season present - get out on that park, have a ball and deliver to the cheating, blue-nosed **** a sound and severe 7-0 (just so we'd have TWO historic score-lines !!) kicking !

bingo70
12-05-2018, 02:30 PM
It's got nothing to do with living in the real world, it's the fact that you seem to be taking every opportunity to have a sly dig at Hibs.

Give it a rest.

Agreed.

Of course we won’t beat rangers 6 nil and I don’t imagine anybody thinks we will but no harm in having a light hearted laugh about it and letting your mind wander to what if scenarios. I’ve just caught myself thinking if we can get a couple of early goals you never know........(even though I do know we won’t be winning 6 nil)

Can just imagine Hermit taking great pleasure in telling all the kids he knows Santa isn’t real and there’s no such thing as the tooth fairy.........

Squirrel 1875
12-05-2018, 02:32 PM
How anyone thinks we won’t win by 6 goals is bizzare to me.

bingo70
12-05-2018, 02:35 PM

Losers

BlackSheep
12-05-2018, 02:44 PM
No surprise the usual negative nellies are out in force... 😂

There’s lots to play for tomorrow and lots to support. I feel sorry for all you ‘realists’. You are the kind of folk who don’t watch sci-fi films cos they are not realistic... what a boring life you must lead!

While very unrealistic that we will win 6-0 tomorrow I for one will be there cheering the team on in the hope that a miracle can happen... or that Rangers field and ineligible player and are deducted 6 points and we gain 3rd place anyway 😂😂😂

bingo70
12-05-2018, 02:48 PM

There’s lots to play for tomorrow and lots to support. I feel sorry for all you ‘realists’. You are the kind of folk who don’t watch sci-fi films cos they are no realistic... what a boring life you must lead!

While very unrealistic that we will win 6-0 tomorrow I for one will be there cheering the team on in the hope that a miracle can happen... or that Rangers field and ineligible player and are deducted 6 points and we gain 3rd place anyway 😂😂😂

I’m a bit torn by your post.

Agree with general sentiment of your post but sci fi films are a piece of nonsense, would never happen.

I dinnae ken if I’m coming or going now.

BlackSheep
12-05-2018, 02:49 PM
I’m a bit torn by your post.

Agree with general sentiment of your post but sci fi films are a piece of nonsense, would never happen.

I dinnae ken if I’m coming or going now.

Who knows what the future holds bud 😂👍🏻

thegaffer12
12-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Think the season they got promoted Hamilton had to win by 9 goals on the last day of the season. They beat Morton 10-1. It can happen.

bingo70
12-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Who knows what the future holds bud 😂👍🏻

Are you saying you think we’ve got a chance tomorrow?

danhibees1875
I can see us being 5-0 up then the referee finally realised (37 games too late) that SJM is getting hacked to bits, he sends off 5 rangers players and the game goes down as a megre 3-0 Hibs win.

bingo70
Think the season they got promoted Hamilton had to win by 9 goals on the last day of the season. They beat Morton 10-1. It can happen.

And Morton were probably a better side then than rangers are now.

Thecat23
12-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Agreed.

Of course we won’t beat rangers 6 nil and I don’t imagine anybody thinks we will but no harm in having a light hearted laugh about it and letting your mind wander to what if scenarios. I’ve just caught myself thinking if we can get a couple of early goals you never know........(even though I do know we won’t be winning 6 nil)

Can just imagine Hermit taking great pleasure in telling all the kids he knows Santa isn’t real and there’s no such thing as the tooth fairy.........

Wait... Santa isn’t real 😳

bingo70
12-05-2018, 02:59 PM

Surprised hermit hasn’t PM’d you to tell you already.

BlackSheep
12-05-2018, 04:00 PM
Are you saying you think we’ve got a chance tomorrow?

There’s always a chance.... however long the odds.

lord bunberry
12-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Agreed. If we don’t win by six, as far as I’m concerned the board should resign immediately.

snooky
12-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Hate to bring this up again but, how many goals did Celtic have to beat St Mirren by to beat the Hearts to the League title in 1986? Was it 5?
:whistle:

SON OF PADDY
12-05-2018, 05:32 PM

£2.00 @ 250 /1 6-0 Hibernian
keep the faith guy's 😉

Smartie
12-05-2018, 05:43 PM

There’s lots to play for tomorrow and lots to support. I feel sorry for all you ‘realists’. You are the kind of folk who don’t watch sci-fi films cos they are not realistic... what a boring life you must lead!

You were doing well until you got onto the fanciful notion of Rangers being deducted points for fielding an ineligible player.

Hibbyradge
12-05-2018, 05:47 PM
I can see us being 5-0 up then the referee finally realised (37 games too late) that SJM is getting hacked to bits, he sends off 5 rangers players and the game goes down as a megre 3-0 Hibs win.

:hilarious

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2018, 06:09 PM
I've just put £5 on Hibs to win 6 - 0 at 300/1 :greengrin

FYI ....my record as a punter is generally appalling :greengrin:greengrin

lyonhibs
12-05-2018, 06:12 PM
Clearly we aren't going to win by 6 tomorrow ffs. But "nothing to play for"?? Nah, I certainly hope the players aren't viewing à home game against Rangers in such terms. A chance for our highest points total since God knows when?

Tomorrow is huge.

Keith_M
12-05-2018, 06:15 PM
I've just put £5 on Hibs to win 6 - 0 at 300/1 :greengrin

FYI ....my record as a punter is generally appalling :greengrin:greengrin

Good luck wi' that

:greengrin

Garymcl
12-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Just watching the Seville derby real betis fans have the ground a sea of green and white also making a hell of a noise I want that to be us tomorrow cmon guys one last time this season let's create a brilliant atmosphere :flag::flag:

emerald green
12-05-2018, 06:50 PM
I predict a narrow win for the rangers punctuated by Hibs players being rotationally fouled, the odd handball by a the rangers player being ignored, pushing Hibs players in the back being allowed at headers, every 50-50 being a foul for the rangers, the rangers being given fouls if any of their players go to ground and Sportscene praising the rangers for winning "the physical battle" whilst the screen shows a series of unpunished knee-high/studs up assaults on Hibs players.

How's that for realism? Just going on the flavour of games I've seen this season. The Rangers really need the points, Scottish football "culture" will kick in big time to ensure they get them.

Sounds pretty much the way things went at PBS on Wednesday night.

Jim44
12-05-2018, 06:53 PM
I would love any win tomorrow but a 6-0 score is daft. No chance.

Thecat23
12-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Surprised hermit hasn’t PM’d you to tell you already.

😂😂

Moulin Yarns
12-05-2018, 07:08 PM

I'm more worried about the tooth fairy.

Thecat23
12-05-2018, 07:20 PM
I'm more worried about the tooth fairy.

When I get over the emotional distress of being told Santa isn’t real the tooth fairy stuff will also hit me hard!!

Not In The Know
12-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Please don't look at me askance
But we haven't got a friggin chance.

So we have a chance?

Not In The Know
12-05-2018, 07:37 PM
https://youtu.be/KX5jNnDMfxA

we are hibs
12-05-2018, 07:44 PM
I would love any win tomorrow but a 6-0 score is daft. No chance.
Yam

LancsHibs
12-05-2018, 08:47 PM
Nothing to play for???? It’s the Rangers we’re playing in the morn!! What better motivation. COME ON THE BOYS IN GREEN!!!!

Hibbyradge
12-05-2018, 08:56 PM
So we have a chance?

A snowball's chance in hell.

Garymcl
I want us to end our season on a high with a victory against the mankiest mob in football let's totally out sing the bigots and roar the boys in green to victory in Lennon we trust Ggtth :flag::flag:

Hermit Crab
Nothing to play for???? It’s the Rangers we’re playing in the morn!! What better motivation. COME ON THE BOYS IN GREEN!!!!

I seem to remember playing the rangers at ER when we had nothing to play for and they won the league that day, we never tried a leg that day, even at 0-1 down, cant see it being any different tomorrow.

Keith_M
12-05-2018, 09:12 PM
I seem to remember playing the rangers at ER when we had nothing to play for and they won the league that day, we never tried a leg that day, even at 0-1 down, cant see it being any different tomorrow.

https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i-w600/keep-calm-and-don-t-throw-your-toys-out-the-pram.jpg

Stuart93
12-05-2018, 09:14 PM
No

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:21 PM
https://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i-w600/keep-calm-and-don-t-throw-your-toys-out-the-pram.jpg

Please explain that one? :confused:

hibee_nation
12-05-2018, 09:37 PM

You dont remember very well then if we lost by 3 goals we missed out on europe. Keeping the score at 1 nil suited both clubs.

monktonharp
12-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Hibs to win 6-0 tomorrow is being very optimistic and hugely unrealistic IMHO. :rolleyes:we all know that, but to win by seven would be magnificent.:wink:, it has been a season to remember, and we wont go down greetin' at the whim of the govan mob. good to be in the precense of so few of them bassas.:na na:

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:47 PM
You dont remember very well then if we lost by 3 goals we missed out on europe. Keeping the score at 1 nil suited both clubs.

Only suited Rangers after Motherwell scored 2 late goals. Rangers scored after about 60 minutes. Nobody wanted the ball that day. It was terrible match, Aberdeen needed to hump hearts and couldn't, I remember fine.

Jim44
12-05-2018, 09:49 PM
Yam

:faf::faf::faf:

danhibees1875
12-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Only suited Rangers after Motherwell scored 2 late goals. Rangers scored after about 60 minutes. Nobody wanted the ball that day. It was terrible match, Aberdeen needed to hump hearts and couldn't, I remember fine.

Do you think we should have tried to attack and risk losing 3/4-0 and losing out on Europe? :confused:

0-1 suited us that day.

Thecat23
12-05-2018, 09:52 PM
Do you think we should have tried to attack and risk losing 3/4-0 and losing out on Europe? :confused:

0-1 suited us that day.

Correct, both sets of players happy to just kick it around last 10 mins.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:53 PM

0-1 suited us that day.

Settling for a home defeat. Exactly my point for tomorrow, folk want us to attack. Why? We wont win 6-0, we wont win 5-0 , we probably wont even win! It suits us to do f all.

danhibees1875
12-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Settling for a home defeat. Exactly my point for tomorrow, folk want us to attack. Why? We wont win 6-0, we wont win 5-0 , we probably wont even win! It suits us to do f all.

You really don't see the difference between the two situations?

Springbank
12-05-2018, 10:17 PM
Wé scored 5 in our last home game

Rangers shipped 5 before the hour last time anyone went for them

This is on by the way...

heretoday
12-05-2018, 10:30 PM
If Hibs get a good start, you never know.......

The Harp
12-05-2018, 10:43 PM

Oh please get a grip.
It's The rangers we're playing. A win would ensure we beat our record points total and also prevent them finishing as runners up. Surely that's enough incentive for most of us (not you, obviously).

1875godsgift
12-05-2018, 11:10 PM

"There's no point climbing THAT mountain, Sherpa Tenzing, it's a bit big. Let's just have a wee stroll up Arthur's Seat, eh?"

"You want a pagger with Goliath, David? Dinnae be daft, he's huge!"

"This Hey Jude song's a bit *****, can we no do another one about submarines?"

"What, fight these Persians? There's buckin' thousands o them, am gonna stay in Sparta n watch X factor"

What's the point of us even turning up eh? :dunno:

Catch22
12-05-2018, 11:57 PM
6-0, it going to happen. I 've got money on it -albeit in a complicated correct score accumulator including triples, doubles and singles. If it comes off i can buy a house. If I lose I'll hAve to wait till next pay day to buy a cornetto. Before anyone gets too excited, the last football bet that I won was Sanchez for the first goal scorer in the ya cup winbledon, Liverpool - years ago, still in the 1980s. Not too worry, I already spending my winnings.

EH6 Hibby
13-05-2018, 12:41 AM

Your negativity is exhausting.

My_Wife_Camille
13-05-2018, 02:42 AM
You are a Yam. I don’t care how many Hibs games you go to a year, you’re one of them.

The Green Goblin
13-05-2018, 05:32 AM

Beat me to it. I didn’t much like seeing it at the time, it felt weird, but I accepted it later. However, to suggest we weren’t even trying and not putting it in context isn’t telling the full story.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 05:55 AM

Nah, it suits us to go out and win the game, these players cant finish any lower, and probably cant finish any higher, so there is no pressure on the result.

The Rangers need to better the sheeps result, and we with the support behind them will drive this team on to not accept a lacklustre performance.

I think we will win today in a tight game.

Beefster
13-05-2018, 06:25 AM
We’re definitely going to win 6-0 or possibly 10-0. If we don’t match the unrealistic expectations that I’ve convinced myself of, I’ll spend the next two days bitching about it on here.

Springbank
13-05-2018, 07:19 AM
Rangers lost 5 goals within the hour just a couple of weeks ago

We scored 5 at home with 5 different scorers just a couple of weeks ago

There's every reason to say a Hibs 6 goal win would be the most fitting end to our creditable season

And there's every reason to say a 6 goal defeat would be the most fitting end to Rangers unProgesive season

Id like us 2 up at half time and let's just see, eh?

heretoday
13-05-2018, 07:23 AM
When I get over the emotional distress of being told Santa isn’t real the tooth fairy stuff will also hit me hard!!

That was a stunner I must admit.

Ozymandias
13-05-2018, 09:30 AM

Why in the name of the wee man would it "suit us to do f all"? What an utterly ludicrous statement.
You do seem to the be the type of revels in misery.

It's massively unlikely we'll win 6-0, but I'll take us beating the Huns every day of the week in any circumstances.

HibeesLittleHel
13-05-2018, 10:30 AM
"There's no point climbing THAT mountain, Sherpa Tenzing, it's a bit big. Let's just have a wee stroll up Arthur's Seat, eh?"

"You want a pagger with Goliath, David? Dinnae be daft, he's huge!"

"This Hey Jude song's a bit *****, can we no do another one about submarines?"

"What, fight these Persians? There's buckin' thousands o them, am gonna stay in Sparta n watch X factor"

What's the point of us even turning up eh? :dunno:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

HibeesLittleHel
13-05-2018, 10:31 AM
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Men of Harlech my arse!

Scorrie
13-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Paddy power have locked the 6-0 correct score bet. Must be a few having a punt on it?

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 01:32 PM
6-0. :tee hee:

SRHibs
13-05-2018, 01:35 PM
6-0. :tee hee:

5 goals and we weren’t even trying!

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 01:37 PM
5 goals and we weren’t even trying!

What about the 5 at the other end?

SRHibs
13-05-2018, 01:38 PM
What about the 5 at the other end?

Does it matter? ***** defending or not you don’t score 5 goals when you aren’t trying a leg, especially when the team you’re playing against HAS to win.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Does it matter? ***** defending or not you don’t score 5 goals when you aren’t trying a leg, especially when the team you’re playing against HAS to win.

We were trying, not sure what makes you say Hibs were not trying.

SRHibs
13-05-2018, 01:44 PM
We were trying, not sure what makes you say Hibs were not trying.

Because your previous posts implied we were going to doss around and do **** all because it ‘suits us’.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to it. 5-5 or not, a feeling of positivity has returned and I’m going to embrace it.

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Oh please get a grip.
It's The rangers we're playing. A win would ensure we beat our record points total and also prevent them finishing as runners up. Surely that's enough incentive for most of us (not you, obviously).

Hear,hear we have to do all we can to keep upsetting der Hun old or new version.

Thecat23
13-05-2018, 02:00 PM
Nothing to play for he says, we’ll lie down he says.. Sshhhh I say 🤫

You know who you are!

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Nothing to play for he says, we’ll lie down he says.. Sshhhh I say 🤫

You know who you are!

We had to win, we didn't.

Thecat23
13-05-2018, 02:06 PM

Nothing you say will take away that was a great game. But as you aren’t bothered who cares eh?

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Nothing you say will take away that was a great game. But as you aren’t bothered who cares eh?

No I wasn't bothered, left early.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 02:07 PM

you are right, hearts didnt win today

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:12 PM
you are right, hearts didnt win today

Are you accusing me of being a Hearts fan?

stantonhibby
13-05-2018, 02:14 PM

Just bore off

hibee_nation
13-05-2018, 02:15 PM
You may choose to watch Hibs but you ain't no supporter now crawl back under yer rock while we celebrate a fantastic season

Thecat23
13-05-2018, 02:16 PM

😂 surprised you went.

Oh and by the way your trolling is brutal patter.

euro Hibby
13-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Not really a day to be petty....Always sorry to see fans leave early and miss a great game.

danhibees1875
13-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Not really a day to be petty....Always sorry to see fans leave early and miss a great game.

10 goal game to break our record points tally and say thanks and goodbye to some legends...

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 02:24 PM

what do you think?

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:26 PM
what do you think?

Yes or no is all that is required.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Yes or no is all that is required.

yes i do

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:29 PM
😂 surprised you went.

Oh and by the way your trolling is brutal patter.

Why are you surprised?

What trolling? All I do is post my views and opinions. Thats what the forum is for. Nobody has to agree with me. They can use the ignore function if they feel the need to do so.

danhibees1875
13-05-2018, 02:31 PM
Why are you surprised?

What trolling? All I do is post my views and opinions. Thats what the forum is for. Nobody has to agree with me. They can use the ignore function if they feel the need to do so.

Is resurrecting a thread where people hoped we'd move up the league to laugh about the fact that we failed to do so a view/opinion though? That's more trolling I'd say.

Dalianwanda
13-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Watched it with a The Rangers fan here..Have to say was great the amount of folk who were talking about the game. Normally it’s a fleeting glance...Brilliant advert for the scottish game.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:32 PM
Is resurrecting a thread where people hoped we'd move up the league to laugh about the fact that we failed to do so a view/opinion though? That's more trolling I'd say.

People were expecting more than hoping.

A thread that was less than a week old? I got slagged off for saying we wouldn't horse them by those claiming we'd score 4 or 5 (aye right). I have every right to come back on that thread.

Mr White
13-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Why are you surprised?

I don't know about the ignore function but quite a few people have hit the report button over your posts this weekend.

A Hi-Bee
13-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Why are you surprised?

Aye opinions are all fine and well as we all have them just like arse-holes, the trouble I have wi opinion (unsubstantiated or un-researched) is in the fact that opinions can become more than that, almost like myths, then almost like facts, people begin to believe them. If enough people say the same thing over and over again then they all begin to believe.
It has been a very good season and I am the first to say we should not lose a three goal lead but it's football we are talking about and these things can happen, I am looking forward to having another go next season with the same manager perhaps not the same players but still the same club.
GGTTH
:greengrin

Hermit Crab
I don't know about the ignore function but quite a few people have hit the report button over your posts this weekend.

As have I as you probably know.

Mr White

I don't recommend you keep doing that tbh.

Gordy M
13-05-2018, 02:38 PM

A thread that was less than a week old? I got slagged off for saying we wouldn't horse them by those claiming we'd score 4 or 5 (aye right). I have every right to come back on that thread.
We did score 4 or 5....

-Jonesy-
13-05-2018, 02:41 PM

Attention Seeker

Hermit Crab
I don't recommend you keep doing that tbh.

Why not? Thats what I was told to do.

BoomtownHibees

Reporting your own posts seems a bit strange 😉

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Reporting your own posts seems a bit strange 😉

Very funny.

BoomtownHibees
13-05-2018, 02:45 PM
Very funny.

Thanks

danhibees1875
13-05-2018, 02:45 PM

I think people were hoping. The only expectation was that I expected Hibs to at least aim for it (6-0).

You've every right to post on any thread - but because of the way you posted on this one, people are calling you out for trolling. I can see why - people don't have to dig out old posts of realism that have came to fruition to try to rub it in after a bad result, particularly when most people are choosing to look at the encouraging positives (Lennon sounding committed, record points totals, probable Europe, retaining some of this quality we have in the team, etc).

G B Young
13-05-2018, 02:46 PM

I happened to notice your post on another thread saying that judging by Dylan's emotional farewell lap of of honour you thought he regrets deciding to leave. How did you manage to see that if you left early? Or are you being sarcastic by saying you left a thrill-a-minute game early?

As for 6-0, I didn't think there was a remote chance of that happening, but at 3-0 it wasn't impossible, and as Lennon said afterwards if we'd got a fourth it was definitely on.

Mr White
13-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Why not? Thats what I was told to do.

You're posting to get a reaction. When it comes you hit the report button. It's causing a bit of disruption we could do without and it's up to you as to how it stops.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 02:56 PM
I happened to notice your post on another thread saying that judging by Dylan's emotional farewell lap of of honour you thought he regrets deciding to leave. How did you manage to see that if you left early? Or are you being sarcastic by saying you left a thrill-a-minute game early?

As for 6-0, I didn't think there was a remote chance of that happening, but at 3-0 it wasn't impossible, and as Lennon said afterwards if we'd got a fourth it was definitely on.

I said he maybe regrets leaving judging by his lap of honour, in reference to Pretty Boys post. Even If I had stayed until full-time I would not have stayed to watch a lap of honour, I have a nine week old baby at home to get back to and I would have been away to beat the traffic and the queues caused by the barricades being up.

13-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Hermit Crab is dominating most main threads with this tedious pish.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:00 PM
You're posting to get a reaction. When it comes you hit the report button. It's causing a bit of disruption we could do without and it's up to you as to how it stops.

All I'm doing is posting my opinions, which may not be to everybody's liking but I can accept that. However if I get falsely accused of being a hearts fan is that not grounds to report a post or is it ok to be accused of that? If not then let me know? :aok:

Since90+2
13-05-2018, 03:02 PM
All I'm doing is posting my opinions, which may not be to everybody's liking but I can accept that. However if I get falsely accused of being a hearts fan is that not grounds to report a post or is it ok to be accused of that? If not then let me know? :aok:

Jesus man, take a break and go for a pint or something. It's exhausting.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Jesus man, take a break and go for a pint or something. It's exhausting.

I'd love to, believe me but I'm working tonight.

WhileTheChief..
13-05-2018, 03:10 PM
So even if we’d beaten Hearts we’d still have finished up fourth. At least they can’t claim they stopped us from getting Europe.

‘mon the Celtic in the cup!

Mr White
13-05-2018, 03:11 PM

Usually yes but given your antagonistic posting style it's difficult for us to help you when you're the cause of so much unnecessary sniping. Posts like this don't help your case:

I’m impartial when it comes to Hibs/hearts

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Usually yes but given your antagonistic posting style it's difficult for us to help you when you're the cause of so much unnecessary sniping. Posts like this don't help your case:

I don't hate hearts like some do on here and will give credit where its due for example they deserved tier win on Wednesday as we were rotten, they pressed us well, made us make mistakes and got their reward. I don't see anything wrong with that, but to some thats enough to make me a Hearts fan. You'd think that someone with nearly 18,000 most would be found out by now if I was really a hearts fan :confused:.

I'm not deliberately trying to be antagonistic but you know there are others who have a similar posting style to mine.

Kato
13-05-2018, 03:28 PM
I'm not deliberately trying to be antagonistic........

:rolleyes: There, you got more attention.

BlackSheep
13-05-2018, 03:47 PM
Perhaps it’s time someone took some time off the forums...... plain to see you’ve annoyed almost everyone.

You know who you are.

Mods - do we have a sin bin?

Beefster
13-05-2018, 03:50 PM

You report posts that call you a Hearts fan? How seriously do you have to take yourself to do that?

I got called a ****ing ***** **** once and thought ‘fair play’.

Thecat23
13-05-2018, 03:56 PM
You report posts that call you a Hearts fan? How seriously do you have to take yourself to do that?

😂

Jay
13-05-2018, 04:10 PM

:faf:

The Green Goblin
13-05-2018, 07:03 PM

Is that really your summary of the game this afternoon? Amazing. And if we had won, would it have made any difference?

Baader
13-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Give it a rest crab. Wise after the event yet again.... You're just boring.

EH6 Hibby
13-05-2018, 08:07 PM

I think it’s made you happier to be right than it would have done if we’d actually pulled it off. You must have been gutted when we went 3-0 up.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 08:17 PM
How soft in the head do you have to be to report anyone's posts? :confused:

FFS do people really take what happens on here that serious? :rolleyes:

Jay
13-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Threads going nowhere now. Time to close it