PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Rangers pre match thoughts

Billy Whizz
12-05-2018, 11:13 AM
Big game tomorrow in a different sense to what we thought it would be. On the back of a poor defeat in deepest darkest Gorgieland, coupled with Lennon’s aftermatch rant, no show yesterday, and Bartley’s interview as well
Really looking forward to see Hibs do our talking on the pitch tomorrow
The 6-0 victory is pure fantasy, but would like to give this Rangers team a good doing anyway
What changes do you envisage tomorrow?
Boyle is out, so gives a chance for another player at least to come in, which I think will be McLaren. Also maybe Bartley/Slivka for Whittaker, dependent on how we shape up

Looking forward to it, come on the Hibees

RoYO!
12-05-2018, 11:17 AM
There's been a lot of very beatable the rangers teams of recent years and this is another such team. 2-0 up in 20 mins would be fun. :)

SeanWilson
12-05-2018, 12:14 PM
If the players could ever be up for a game, it's this one. Hoping we take our early chances. Stopping them getting 2nd will do for me, given the scenario we're in now.

son of haggart
12-05-2018, 12:16 PM
One thing in your favour is that they may need to win to get 2nd, which means a lot to them. So they will be more open at the back or be in two minds with Aberdeen's game important to them

B.H.F.C
12-05-2018, 12:48 PM
Feels like a bit of an anti climax in all honesty.

I don’t for a second think we will win 6-0 but we need to give it a bash so I expect us to come out the blocks quickly.

Onion
12-05-2018, 01:04 PM
Hugely disappointed we cannot overtake them but would love to stuff them to prevent them getting 2nd. We have a duty to humanity and all things good to stop the Evil Huns.

Smartie
12-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Boyle being out is a massive loss for us.

They have a solid track record of losing their heads altogether when things start to go against them, so you never know.

emerald green
12-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Much will depend on the players reaction to NL's after match comments on Wednesday. Will it be a positive or a negative reaction, keeping in mind a number of these players will (sadly) be moving on from ER anyway?

Winning 6-0 is nonsense.

snooky
12-05-2018, 01:16 PM
All depends on which Hibs team turns up, likewise Rangers. :coffee:

TelaStella
12-05-2018, 02:20 PM
I’ve been up for this one for a while, even when leaving the bus shelter on Wednesday however after all the saga of the past few days I’m just not so sure anymore. Really hope I’m wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sioux
12-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Much will depend on the players reaction to NL's after match comments on Wednesday. Will it be a positive or a negative reaction, keeping in mind a number of these players will (sadly) be moving on from ER anyway?

Winning 6-0 is nonsense.

If the players are not in the right frame of mind they shouldn't be at Hibs, or any other professional club for that matter.

ancient hibee
12-05-2018, 08:09 PM
They owe a performance after the poor performance against a poor Aberdeen team where we should have had the game won by half time and the terrible display against Hearts where most of them failed to turn up.This is their chance to confirm that the will to win which has been so apparent this season is still there

RossScott1991
12-05-2018, 08:19 PM
Marciano
Ambrose mcgregor Hanlon
Barker Mcgeough McGinn Allan Stevenson
McLaren Kamberi

How id line up

mutley
12-05-2018, 08:24 PM
Can you imagine going in 3-0 at half time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ancient hibee
12-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Marciano
Ambrose mcgregor Hanlon
McLaren Kamberi

How id line up
Me too.

12-05-2018, 08:36 PM
6-0 is highly unlikely but I'd love to see us go for it. We might get the consolation of a 5-3 classic like the Killie game. Kamberi, Maclaren and Shaw to start.

Mr White
12-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Me too.

Asking Barker to cover defensively at all would worry me. If he were to be up against Murphy I don't think that would have a good outcome. I'd put Whitaker in there or at a push risk Gray before asking Barker to play RWB.

Jim44
12-05-2018, 08:54 PM
I think the performance tomorrow, more than the result, will give a good indication of the state we are in after a ‘sh**ty’ week. A bad result could put a nail in an unexpected coffin but a good performance might just give us a big push to build on the good season we’ve just had. :nlgwa

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 09:10 PM
I think we will lose, quite heavily actually. Players in holiday mode and some moving on not giving a flying.

JimBHibees
12-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Marciano
Ambrose mcgregor Hanlon
McLaren Kamberi

How id line up

Same team Whittaker right wing back. Barker from bench.

jacomo
12-05-2018, 09:17 PM
I think we will lose, quite heavily actually. Players in holiday mode and some moving on not giving a flying.

You’re a bundle of joy.

Let’s hope we finish the season on a high - we are obviously capable of beating them. I actually thought Scott Allan had a decent shift against the Yams and if he and the rest of our midfield hit top gear we will boss them.

Yes players are leaving but it will be an emotional occasion for them. I doubt they will down tools.

It does feel time for a holiday though. Time to recharge the batteries.

Regardless of tomorrow’s result it’s been a very good season.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Same team Whittaker right wing back. Barker from bench.

Yeah same for me

Take the game to them from the off and see what happens. At the very least end the season on a high with a win.

zitelli62
12-05-2018, 09:53 PM
They beat unbeatable celtic 4 0 so why not give it a good go against a poor rangers team let's go for it and give it everything.

GGTTH

hibee_nation
12-05-2018, 09:55 PM

That will come as a surprise to many on here, your normally so positive :aok:

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 10:07 PM
that won't come as a surprise to many on here, you're always so realistic :aok:

ftfy

Johnny_Leith
12-05-2018, 10:24 PM
If we had taken a point or three from tynie then I'd be putting my house on Hibs.

I think we have a better team, especially as they are missing several players but Boyle will be a huge miss for us.

I still think we will win, despite the Lennon fallout from the last couple days, hoping the players have a point to prove to the gaffer.

Diclonius
12-05-2018, 10:25 PM
If we get a couple early goals then we can dare to dream. Rangers might **** it.

Unfortunately I think the fallout from Wednesday will result in the flat performance and I won't be surprised if Rangers win it.

Hermit Crab
12-05-2018, 10:29 PM
If we get a couple early goals then we can dare to dream. Rangers might **** it.

Unfortunately I think the fallout from Wednesday will result in the flat performance and I won't be surprised if Rangers win it.

Thats what we did on Wednesday.

Second bit in bold I also agree with. :agree:

Loopz
12-05-2018, 11:06 PM
I’m really looking forward to the game (And I’m by no means a happy clapper). Regardless of the result or what we could have been challenging for, it will be a chance for us to show our team the gratitude they deserve for an overall seasons excellent effort in my opinion.
:flag:

Hibs07p
13-05-2018, 05:15 AM
A lot will depend on the players showing the right reaction after everything thats happened since Wednesday. Who knows whats really happening behind the scenes at ER, whether we're seeing a real crisis developing or one thats been manufactured, either way, there is enough belief in that team to beat the Huns, they've proved it before. My only concern for to day will be the performance of referee Andrew Dallas.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Heisenberg
13-05-2018, 06:16 AM

I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen you think that we’ll win before a game.

marinello59
13-05-2018, 06:21 AM
I think we will win today but narrowly.
It’s been a brilliant season whatever happens, the players and management team should be well proud of their efforts.

Pedantic_Hibee
13-05-2018, 06:23 AM

😂😂😂😂

hibbydog
13-05-2018, 06:35 AM
I’m worried it’s all going to go a bit flat. This was meant to be our seasons climax, but the events of the last few days will be in everyone’s minds.

Rangers are desperate to get second, and they will be bang up for it.

I think we are a better side than them and I normally fancy us at home against them. But circumstances aren’t in our favour today.

Hopefully I’m wrong and I get myself up for this before I leave the hoose. Whatever happens, I’ll be clapping the team off the park. They’ve been excellent this season.

GGTTH

Libby Hibby
13-05-2018, 06:42 AM
Let’s go out and pump them

WhileTheChief..
13-05-2018, 06:55 AM
All just feels a bit flat now.

Not that bothered about today’s game or even the result now. It’d be good to win of course, to end on a high and annoy Rangers, but I think both sets of players will be going through the motions.

We won’t even get a glimpse of Stevie G:(

For me, today is all about saying thanks to Lennon and the players for a fantastic season.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2018, 07:05 AM
I'm wondering if many of their ticketless fans will be heading through for a final away day of the season day out, could be interesting in ER pubs during the game.

JimBHibees
13-05-2018, 08:11 AM
It’s been a brilliant season whatever happens, the players and management team should be well proud of their efforts.

Totally agree. Great season and one game doesn't change that.

Gatecrasher
13-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Mon the Hibs :nlgwa

SquashedFrogg
13-05-2018, 08:49 AM

Not that bothered about today’s game or even the result now. It’d be good to win of course, to end on a high and annoy Rangers, but I think both sets of players will be going through the motions.

For me, today is all about saying thanks to Lennon and the players for a fantastic season.

Are you seriously not that bothered about a game against The Rangers? Or what the result is?

This week might've taken some wind out our sails but the day we can't be arsed about games like these is the day we give up.

I for one am bothered about the game and most definitely bothered about the result.

4-2 Hibs to mark the end of an excellent first season back up.

Jim44
13-05-2018, 09:06 AM
I think it’ll be a high scoring game with both teams going for a win. Forget about a 6 goal difference, any win will do.

JeMeSouviens
13-05-2018, 09:10 AM

Me too and that will do for me!

Jones28
13-05-2018, 09:12 AM

You can say what you like about this team but saying they don't care is utter *****

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 09:21 AM

Careful now, surf safe. You'll get slaughtered on here for posting something ridiculously negative like that, even though it is your own opinion.

DaveF
13-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Careful now, surf safe. You'll get slaughtered on here for posting something ridiculously negative like that, even though it is your own opinion.

Nah, you normally get slaughtered for being a super negative, hearts loving troll rather than having an opinion.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-05-2018, 09:31 AM
FWIW I think that it is almost irrelevant that it is the last game of the season. A full house and on the telly and a point to prove to the manager should have the players fired up.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 09:36 AM
Nah, you normally get slaughtered for being a super negative, hearts loving troll rather than having an opinion.

Is openly accusing someone of being a Hearts fan, especially when you know it is not true not against forum rules?

RossScott1991
13-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Anyone not up for this needs to have a word. This is rangers, full house at Easter Road. Potentially a couple legends last ever game for us (Dylan’s and SJM)

Let’s get right in about them, create some noise and end season on a high. Can beat our total points record, great incentive for the players. I’d be raging and disappointed if we got a half arsed performance today after midweeks no show from a lot of them. Fortunately I think this team has been made of better stuff and will go out and express themselves today. Mon the hibees

Ggtth

DaveF
13-05-2018, 09:38 AM
Is openly accusing someone of being a Hearts fan, especially when you know it is not true not against forum rules?

Dunno, is it?

Report me then. Maybe we'll both get banned and I will consider it a good deed to relieve the forum of your incessant negative 'chat'

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 09:40 AM
Dunno, is it?

Report me then. Maybe we'll both get banned and I will consider it a good deed to relieve the forum of your incessant negative 'chat'

You tell me, you're an admin or have been at some point haven't you?

DaveF
13-05-2018, 09:41 AM
You tell me, you're an admin or have been at some point haven't you?

Not been an Admin for ages, so you toddle off and do it / find out yourself. Meantime, I'm happy with what I posted.

Callum_62
13-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Some perspective is really needed here

We just lost out first game of 2018 midweek- disappointing as it was, the team deserve a bloody big pat on the back

We’ve finished 4th (barring a very unlikely miracle) but we’ve pushed for 2nd almost right until the end...and played some lovely football doing it

Its a great first season back

Its slightly anti climatic going into the last game with slim to none chance of 3rd but to call this season anything other that very good, imho is wrong

Hopefully the fans are in full voice and the players respond accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
13-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Heading through but that spark of excitement just doesn’t seem to be there. Had we the chance, or rather a more realistic chance of finishing higher than 4th then there would be a Cup final feel to it all.
That said, once in the stadium and the teams come out to a backdrop of the FF display, then everyone will be into game mode. Score early an the atmosphere will ramp up quite considerably.
While it’s disappointing to end the season with a defeat to Hearts in our penultimate game to make things hugely difficult to finish any higher, I’m more disappointed that this is the last game of what has been a fantastic season with lots of great memories to look back on. Will miss it all over the next few months.

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Not been an Admin for ages, so you toddle off and do it / find out yourself. Meantime, I'm happy with what I posted.

You find whats on the pitch acceptable then? From 3-0 up. Shocking.

DaveF
13-05-2018, 12:48 PM
You find whats on the pitch acceptable then? From 3-0 up. Shocking.

Nope, it's been terrible. What's your point?

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Nope, it's been terrible. What's your point?

**** knows, I'm fuming at what I just witnessed.

DaveF
13-05-2018, 02:01 PM

I'm not. It was an absolute roller coaster ride of a game. Brilliant to rubbish on numerous occasions.

It's Hibs and I loved it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2018, 02:27 PM

G, give yourself a few days off of here, I'm worried about you.