PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

Speedy
12-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Trying to work out when contracts expire, hopefully between us we can update any extensions I've missed...

Cammy Bell - ends this season
Ofir Marciano - 3 years left
Ross Laidlaw - 1 year left?

Darren McGregor - 1 year left?
David Gray - 1 year left?
Efe Ambrose - 1 year left?
Faycal Rherras - loan ends this season
Lewis Stevenson - 1 year left?
Paul Hanlon - 4 years left
Ryan Porteous - 4 years left
Steven Whittaker - 2 years left

Brandon Barker - loan ends this season
Danny Swanson - 1 year left?
Dylan McGeouch - ends this season
Fraser Murray - 1 year left?
John McGinn - 1 year left
Marvin Bartley - 1 year left?
Scott Allan - loan ends this season
Scott Martin - 2 years left
Vykintas Slivka - 2 years left

Florian Kamberi - loan ends this season
Jamie Maclaren - loan ends this season
Martin Boyle - 3 years left
Oli Shaw - 3 years left
Simon Murray - 1 year left?

Neil Lennon - 2 years left

Fuzzywuzzy
12-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Jeez, that's depressing. Think Simon Murray will be away

Billy Whizz
12-05-2018, 09:03 AM

It’s not depressing, it’s football. A load of that squad were assembled while we were in the championship, so gives us a chance to bring in some younger players as well, who can be the new McGinns/McGeoughs

K.Marx
12-05-2018, 09:29 AM
Unfortunately players come and go. We’ve been very lucky to have players of Mcginn/McGeouchs calibre stay with us for 3/4 seasons. If the rumours of Mallan/Crawford turn out to be true then we already have a couple of very capable players coming in. Hopefully a few of the loanees sign perm as well. Not all doom and gloom 😆

Col2
12-05-2018, 09:40 AM

I thought the opposite.

Goalie and defense sorted. Maybe cover at full back but back up. And maybe reserve goalie but think Lennon rates Laidlaw.

Midfield. Dylan away we think. If McGinn goes then almost certain to find Allan and another say Mallan. Positive chance we will get Barker back on lap .

Upfront - option on Kamberi so likely and if we can’t grt Maclaren I am sure we will be after someone else at Boyce and probably another as I think Murray will leave.

It’s hardly the crisis the media are suggesting.

So I would say assuming we lose Dylan and SJM and Maclaren-
Would expect to get Kamberi, Allan and 2 quality midfielders (Mallan and Crawford) along with Bartley, Slivka and Swanson we would be fine. Then need two strikers.

Green Team
12-05-2018, 09:55 AM
Trying to work out when contracts expire, hopefully between us we can update any extensions I've missed...

Cammy Bell - ends this season
Ofir Marciano - 3 years left
Ross Laidlaw - 1 year left?

Darren McGregor - 1 year left?
David Gray - 1 year left?
Efe Ambrose - 1 year left?
Faycal Rherras - loan ends this season
Lewis Stevenson - 1 year left?
Paul Hanlon - 4 years left
Ryan Porteous - 4 years left
Steven Whittaker - 2 years left

Brandon Barker - loan ends this season
Danny Swanson - 1 year left?
Dylan McGeouch - ends this season
Fraser Murray - 1 year left?
John McGinn - 1 year left
Marvin Bartley - 1 year left?
Scott Allan - loan ends this season
Scott Martin - 2 years left
Vykintas Slivka - 2 years left

Florian Kamberi- loan ends this season
Jamie Maclaren - loan ends this season
Martin Boyle - 3 years left
Oli Shaw - 3 years left
Simon Murray - 1 year left?

Neil Lennon - 2 years left

Good work "Speedy"

So if we're to believe all the stories flying about (and who knows if any of them will come to fruition) then our squad would look something like this...

Ofir Marciano (28)
Ross Laidlaw (25)

Darren McGregor (32)
David Gray (30)
Lewis Stevenson (30)
Paul Hanlon (28)
Ryan Porteous (19)
Steven Whittaker (33)

Danny Swanson (31)
Fraser Murray (19)
Scott Martin (21)
Vykintas Slivka (23)
Stevie Mallan (22)

Florian Kamberi (23)
Martin Boyle (25)
Oli Shaw (20)

That's up to nine players to find, a big gap to fix for any club even with a few quid in the bank from selling their star midfielder!

If you were the manager where would you realistically start?

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-X70F using Tapatalk

Springbank
12-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Tremendous réek of eh11 here...

calumhibee1
12-05-2018, 10:14 AM
I thought the opposite.

Goalie and defense sorted. Maybe cover at full back but back up. And maybe reserve goalie but think Lennon rates Laidlaw.

Midfield. Dylan away we think. If McGinn goes then almost certain to find Allan and another say Mallan. Positive chance we will get Barker back on lap .

Upfront - option on Kamberi so likely and if we can’t grt Maclaren I am sure we will be after someone else at Boyce and probably another as I think Murray will leave.

Would expect to get Kamberi, Allan and 2 quality midfielders (Mallan and Crawford) along with Bartley, Slivka and Swanson we would be fine. Then need two strikers.

Agreed. If we lined up first game of the season with

Rocky

Porteous
Daz
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Bartley
Allan
Stevenson

Flo
Boyce

I’d be pretty happy. And that’s still got Swanson, Slivka, possibly Crawford and Barker, Shaw, possibly S Murray, F Murray, and there’ll be a few other signings in there aswell.

Thats also assuming we lose SJM, Dylan (which looks confirmed) Efe and McLaren. Efe and SJM could easily fetch us around £4m, we may be able to make some more signings of the standard of Mallan. Wonder if Hendos brother would be worth a loan? I genuinely know nothing about him other than hearing he was rated higher than hendo and he came on for Celtic the other day so he must have a bit about him.

Bam
12-05-2018, 10:15 AM
I thought the opposite.

This is how I see it as well. Good that we've got Porteous coming through since Daz is getting on a bit, think we'll see a lot more of him next season

Speedy
12-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Tremendous réek of eh11 here...

Busted. I'm quite proud of my 12 years undercover but you've got me.

All hail Queen Ann etc. etc. :greengrin

Speedy
12-05-2018, 11:01 AM
I thought the opposite.

Agree. Core of the defence is sorted with Marciano, Porteous and Hanlon.

Hopefully Bartley stays for the big competitive games. Get Allan and Kamberi signed and we have a strong, young spine to the team.

wookie70
12-05-2018, 11:06 AM
We have known this was coming for a while so nothing to be unduly worried about.

I like that our age and experience is in defensive positions and we have speed and legs further up the field. It's a very good base to start from. Let's not forget we managed to buy Dylan and SJM on smaller budgets and Aberdeen have plucked the likes of Hayes, MacLean and Shinnie from nowhere at little cost. Motherwell have raided the lower English markets very successfully too.

We are a pretty attractive place to come and play football and an excellent stepping stone on the way to England for the players who know they have to build a career in the SJM fashion. It is entirely possible we actually get better next season with a deeper and better squad but it will take a little bit of luck, lots of hard work and some really good scouting. We have the money to compete in this market and the board have not been shy in showing it recently.

We have had a pretty good run in the transfer market in the last few years, far more successes than failures and there does appear to have been a plan. Better under Stubbs than Lennon imo, but lately Lennon has started to get some good signings that suit a style of play and that appear to have been bargains. If Lennon is away then the next manager can fit into the system and on we go again.