PDA

View Full Version : The manager has my support and will continue to have it

A Hi-Bee
11-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Only one Neil Lennon
:flag::flag::flag:

jeffers
11-05-2018, 03:55 PM
I would have added one to say he has my support providing he is committed to staying.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-05-2018, 04:01 PM
The hijackability is strong in this one...

son of haggart
11-05-2018, 04:04 PM
The hijackability is strong in this one...

Unfortunately like Scotsmen living in England in the referendum, Hearts fans like me don’t have a vote.

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2018, 04:04 PM
He has done a great job and I hope he will continue to do so. The only manager I have ever hated was Calderwood, if I had been Hibs owner his 'bag of sweets' comment would have seen him in my office an hour later picking up his jotters.

So long as Neil Lennon remains committed to Hibs I will remain committed to him .... The sooner all this nonsense is put to bed the better, unfortunately for whatever reason a chance to do that has been missed today.

AgentDaleCooper
11-05-2018, 04:14 PM
We are lucky to have him, simple as that.

Gatecrasher
11-05-2018, 04:14 PM
He has my support, but whatever this situation is it needs to be resolved quickly. Also Lennon needs to understand he needs to treat the club and players with respect as he gets a lot of it .

I hope he's ok and I will respect his decision regardless, this has been one of the most exciting seasons I've had following hibs and I can only thank him for that.

scuttle
11-05-2018, 04:32 PM
The guy has some issues but I am 100% behind him. Apart from Thursday he has instilled a winning mentality and toughness which has been sadly lacking in recent years

guthrie01
11-05-2018, 04:35 PM
He has my support, but whatever this situation is it needs to be resolved quickly. Also Lennon needs to understand he needs to treat the club and players with respect as he gets a lot of it .

I hope he's ok and I will respect his decision regardless, this has been one of the most exciting seasons I've had following hibs and I can only thank him for that.

:agree: More than happy with the performances he has delivered with us, but he needs to watch what he says and the impact it can have on the club and players.

I hope Lennon is still committed to Hibs and remains with us for another season

Albanian Hibs
11-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Cant vote but.. We are all Neil Lennon 💚

Golden Bear
11-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Where's the option for "he still has my support but not so much so as this time last week"

:greengrin

Wilson
11-05-2018, 04:49 PM
The guy has some issues but I am 100% behind him. Apart from Thursday he has instilled a winning mentality and toughness which has been sadly lacking in recent years

I agree. If we base it purely on results and performances and his drive for success then we have to support him.

In the defeat to Hearts he lost sight of the fact that the best work was done in getting us to that stage of the season with so much still to play for. It hurts that we had a disasterous off day at exactly the wrong time but shouldn't detract from the effort that brought us so close.

Neil needs to be realistic about where he has brought us from and how quickly we can progress.

With players leaving he will have his work cut out to keep us going in the right direction. It is a frustration for him as a manager but a frustration the supporters learn to cope with from day one.

It is crunch time and he really needs to look again at the job and decide if he still accepts the challenge. I think people would understand if he finds the constraints too stifling and wish him well if he moves on.

I'll support him if he is honest with himself and honest with the club and still feels he can build something with us.

weecounty hibby
11-05-2018, 04:51 PM
100% behind him. Best manager I've seen in my lifetime. Only really remember the end of ETs time. I sincerely hope he stays as he will be very difficult to replace

Jim44
11-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Where's the option for "he still has my support but not so much so as this time last week"

:greengrin

Fair comment, GB.

cam75
11-05-2018, 04:56 PM
Cant vote but.. We are all Neil Lennon 💚

I am neegen

Hope NL stays.

Ggtth

Blocks Biloxi
11-05-2018, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately like Scotsmen living in England in the referendum, Hearts fans like me don’t have a vote.

On both counts, exactly as it should be! :wink:

EDIT: I'd like to echo others on this thread and add my (qualified) support. He's done a great job, but it's contingent on the integrity of the club not being compromised, and learning from derby mistakes...

son of haggart
11-05-2018, 05:11 PM
On both counts, exactly as it should be! :wink:

EDIT: I'd like to echo others on this thread and add my (qualified) support. He's done a great job, but it's contingent on the integrity of the club not being compromised, and learning from derby mistakes...

I don’t agree with the first part. I’m now back in Scotland but was peeved when I didn’t get the vote and my Daily Mail reading English stepfather who was in Edinburgh did....

Going back to your poll and without the tongue in cheek ‘hope he stays’ response that rivals usually give, I think it’s obvious he’s done a great job for you and should be a no brainer you’d want him to stay.

The only caveat to that would be his relationship with the board/ trust re finances - if that’s strained (and there’s no indication to that effect other than Lennon's after the match comments, which as usual were shall we say ‘unrestrained’) then that may cast it into doubt.

xyz23jc
11-05-2018, 05:21 PM
No brainer! GGTTH:nlgwa

Hi Heid Yin
11-05-2018, 05:22 PM
The best manager since Eddie Turnbull and I for one feel exactly the same way that he feels: gutted that we came so close to clinching 2nd spot and failed to do so.
Yes, 4th, for me too, is unacceptable. The argument that we've just come up and should be grateful for 4th is a weak one.
I'm sick of hearing from the weak-minded, long-suffering Hibby who accepts mediocrity and an inferiority complex re our so-called rivals.

This refreshing attitude from Neil Lennon, coupled with his drive to make us the best of the rest is what separates him from the majority of managers over the years/decades who have been honoured with leading our beloved club.
I personally will feel absolutely gutted if he goes at this stage. He will be one hell of an act to follow, and a rebuild this summer by any other manager doesn't bare thinking about.
It would be a retrograde step and bring to a grinding halt the momentum gained (initially by Stubbsy) but then by Neil Lennon these past two years.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2018, 05:39 PM
As long as the comments on Wednesday are clarified then he has my full support. Even if it's a case of him saying that it was a heat of the moment comment then that will do for me but I do think the comments need addressed.

As long as they are then I'm 100% behind him, I think he's been great for us.

Doh Rae Me
11-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Of course he does he is the best thing to happen to this club in 50 years.
I love Neil Lennon.

JOD
11-05-2018, 06:40 PM
Only one Neil Lennon
:flag::flag::flag:

:agree::agree::agree:

wookie70
11-05-2018, 06:49 PM
He has done well this year but I would need to know if he wants to stay to give you an answer.

Bostonhibby
11-05-2018, 06:52 PM
The best manager since Eddie Turnbull and I for one feel exactly the same way that he feels: gutted that we came so close to clinching 2nd spot and failed to do so.
Yes, 4th, for me too, is unacceptable. The argument that we've just come up and should be grateful for 4th is a weak one.
I'm sick of hearing from the weak-minded, long-suffering Hibby who accepts mediocrity and an inferiority complex re our so-called rivals.

This refreshing attitude from Neil Lennon, coupled with his drive to make us the best of the rest is what separates him from the majority of managers over the years/decades who have been honoured with leading our beloved club.
I personally will feel absolutely gutted if he goes at this stage. He will be one hell of an act to follow, and a rebuild this summer by any other manager doesn't bare thinking about.
It would be a retrograde step and bring to a grinding halt the momentum gained (initially by Stubbsy) but then by Neil Lennon these past two years.Nail, hammer heid.

I vote for you[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

houstonhibbee
12-05-2018, 01:44 AM
He has done well this year but I would need to know if he wants to stay to give you an answer.
If he doesn't want to stay he won't

Phil MaGlass
12-05-2018, 05:04 AM
Has my support, I think we have all said things in the heat of the moment and regretted afterwards, hopefully this is one for Neil.(I have said many things on here that later I have regretted) He needs to explain that to the players if he already hasnt done.
He is enjoying, or seems to be enjoying his time at Hibs, luckily the season is almost over and everyone can recharge their batteries, clear their heads and focus on next season. Neil is a great fit for Hibs and long may it continue.

As an aside
Funny thing is, I have heard alot of people and read alot about the fact 4th place has cost us half a million, which, if you think about it is aloady pish, jees just to be in with 4th place and in the fight for 2nd all the way to the end of the season on our 1st year back is a great achievement and 4th place will have got us more money than we thought. Hopefully a wad of cash from any McGinn transfer, things are looking rosey.

Dashing Bob S
12-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Love him. Can do no wrong in my eyes. Stubbs impregnated Hibs but Lennon gave us testicles.

jax67
12-05-2018, 06:01 AM
Viva Lenny!! GGTTH!!

One Day Soon
12-05-2018, 12:42 PM
Love him. Can do no wrong in my eyes. Stubbs impregnated Hibs but Lennon gave us testicles.

That post is a thing of strange and gruesome beauty.

wookie70
12-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Love him. Can do no wrong in my eyes. Stubbs impregnated Hibs but Lennon gave us testicles. Leeann must have been the foreplay

The Harp
12-05-2018, 01:02 PM
Hope this recent episode is forgotten quickly with a fine display and victory over the Huns.
Neil Lennon has been superb for our club and deserves our full support. Next season will be a challenge, but hopefully it's one he will relish.

hibsdaft
12-05-2018, 01:10 PM
I back him 100%. However, I also back the players 100% and appreciate their efforts in what has been a sensational first season back in the top flight. Also hope we can put this all behind us and more forward. The prospect of European football would certainly help focus minds.

Brooster
12-05-2018, 01:35 PM
Im behind him 100% and it was great to see him back at East Mains today.

heidtheba
12-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Neil Lennon has been the Hibs manager I’ve had most respect for and I didn’t even want him at first. Stubbs is still the one I liked the most but Lennon has been superb. If he’s committed to Hibs then we’re incredibly lucky. If he isn’t then no single person is bigger than the club. I hope his comments were an example of his over commitment rather than a possible under commitment.
I’d love him in charge so long that our steel under him becomes properly embedded into the ethos and nature of the club.

keep the faith
12-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Hope he stays. Has done a brilliant job, but Wednesday was wrong and needs sorted out.
Turning a moment like that into all about him and his career was not what a leader does and it was a massive slap in the face to the club and players this year.
You then had Marv having to front up the press when he was clearly hurting and had no idea what's going on.
For as brilliant as Lennon has been, his behaviour derailed the best atmosphere I have ever known among fans, players and the club. There may be reasons but will help when it's all clarified.
Winning mentality - yes. Toys out the pram no.
Let's hope we can all get back on track quickly.

jeffers
12-05-2018, 04:17 PM

That's up there with one of your best ! :greengrin

ancient hibee
12-05-2018, 04:41 PM
Hope he stays. Has done a brilliant job, but Wednesday was wrong and needs sorted out.
Turning a moment like that into all about him and his career was not what a leader does and it was a massive slap in the face to the club and players this year.
You then had Marv having to front up the press when he was clearly hurting and had no idea what's going on.
For as brilliant as Lennon has been, his behaviour derailed the best atmosphere I have ever known among fans, players and the club. There may be reasons but will help when it's all clarified.
Winning mentality - yes. Toys out the pram no.
Let's hope we can all get back on track quickly.
Took all the pressure off the players for performing so poorly though.All the talk afterwards was about him and not about the guys that couldn’t do it on the night.I’m not saying that was why he did it but who knows.

Since90+2
12-05-2018, 04:45 PM
Took all the pressure off the players for performing so poorly though.All the talk afterwards was about him and not about the guys that couldn’t do it on the night.I’m not saying that was why he did it but who knows.

The pressure is off the players anyway tomorrow as we are finishing 4th no matter the result. It wasn't done as some sort of pre planned reaction it was a heat of the moment reaction.

heretoday
12-05-2018, 04:46 PM
He's been a fantastic manager for Hibs but he shouldn't slag off the guys who worked so hard this year.

I hope he comes out tomorrow and gives it large on the touchline. We must win this match.

3pm
12-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Im behind him 100%.

Even when he picks Stevenson? 👀

broondog
12-05-2018, 05:36 PM
He has my support provided he comes out apologises and explains his comments. He has treated the club with disrepect and must recognise his actions. If this was said out of anger address it and let’s move on.

C Feeney-Seale
12-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Even when he picks Stevenson? [emoji102]

Especially when he picks one of the best ever servants to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

broondog
12-05-2018, 05:37 PM
I think a win tomorrow will go a long was to repairing the damage

Stranraer
12-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Love his passion, motivation and drive. He's a winner and he has my backing 100%.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-05-2018, 05:40 PM
We are lucky to have him, simple as that.

And he is lucky to have us. Works both ways.

3pm
12-05-2018, 05:40 PM

You’ve missed the joke I think.

keep the faith
12-05-2018, 05:43 PM
And he is lucky to have us. Works both ways.

Yep. This needs to be considered more.

C Feeney-Seale
12-05-2018, 05:47 PM
You’ve missed the joke I think.

Ah okay apologies. Please forgive me I am on a 6 hour train ride up reading more and more crap on the Lennon and SGM ‘stories’ - I’m feeling touchy...

Garymcl
12-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Let's get right behind the team and management from the off tomorrow last game of a great season let them know we appreciate them no matter how the game is going I don't want to hear that filthy mob with their bigot related songs drown them out for 90 plus minutes :flag:

Keith_M
12-05-2018, 05:55 PM
I wasn't sure which one to choose, as nothing was quite nuanced enough. It's hard to give unconditional support if you don't know if he's staying, or even wants to stay.

I'm impressed with what he's achieved but have some concerns over his current view of the role and about some of the things he says.

3pm
12-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Ah okay apologies. Please forgive me I am on a 6 hour train ride up reading more and more crap on the Lennon and SGM ‘stories’ - I’m feeling touchy...

No apologies etc required! Hope the rest of the train journey is OK. 👍🏻

G B Young
12-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Im behind him 100% and it was great to see him back at East Mains today.

So he WAS there then? First time I've seen this confirmed, but apologies if it's already been mentioned elsewhere. I had a suspicion we might not see him involved this weekend, followed by a club statement that he was taking some time off but if he was back taking training then fingers crossed that's a positive sign.

rcarter1
12-05-2018, 09:14 PM
I back him 100%. However, I also back the players 100% and appreciate their efforts in what has been a sensational first season back in the top flight. Also hope we can put this all behind us and more forward. The prospect of European football would certainly help focus minds.

This.

Johnny Clash
12-05-2018, 09:57 PM
I think a win tomorrow will go a long was to repairing the damage

‘Damage’??? Nonsense . Losing to hearts ended our chances of an unbelievable 2nd place finish No ‘damage’ done though. It’ll be a united front against the currant buns tomorrow. Then hopefully Europe! No damage - we are stronger then ever!

Slavers
12-05-2018, 10:04 PM
There is only one Neil Lennon and long may he stay at Hibernian!

CentreLine
12-05-2018, 10:09 PM
The players should give NL a guard of honour coming on to the pitch tomorrow. Two reasons; one to let the MSM see that he has their support in the dressing room but, two, it will wind the Huns up big style seeing NL is appreciated here at Hibs.

Scottie
12-05-2018, 10:22 PM
Neil is the best appointment Hibernian have made in my 40 years of watching us. Hope to hell he stays and the board backs him as much as they can.

Neil and his coaching staff have put the Va Va Voom back into Hibs. Long may it continue :nlgwa:nlgwa

capitals_finest
12-05-2018, 11:27 PM
The man has been at the heart of building the best all round Hibs team in my lifetime and I really believe the success he has had so far will just be the start of it if he chooses to stay...

:nlgwa

147lothian
13-05-2018, 02:43 AM
Neil Lennon has instilled a steeliness to the team that been missing for years, look at his recruitment takes Stokes and Murray out the team and brings in players I had never heard off before they arrived and the team performances improve, that's the mark of a winner for me.

He doesn't like loosing, we lost a vital game on Weds and a mike gets put in his face right after the game, he said something's that maybe he wouldn't have if had been given time to gather his thoughts, or maybe he was taking the pressure off the players by letting the focus be on him after a poor performance.

Either way Neil Lennon is a winner that's all that matters to me, I want him to stay for as long as possible, I am a bit irked by posters who say things like "He's done well for us, I supported him all along" but but but what he said after the game on Weds means, blah blah blah

We have all said things after a game we regret, some have even made daft posts on here after a game, it gets forgotten, lets not persecute him for being passionate, he has my continued support

Dashing Bob S
13-05-2018, 11:19 AM

Alfred was a damn fine servant to the Wayne family but if I was Batman I wouldn’t be seeing him as an automatic pick at left back.