View Full Version : Players sold to Sevco

GillyHibee
11-05-2018, 12:28 PM
In a bit of a disagreement at work with a Hun who claims that "Hibs never sell any players to Rangers", so to prove him wrong...

Anyone got a list/remember any players we have sold to them over the years?

Got the obvious Kevin Thomson...

I could accept players joining on Bosman Ruling too!! :cb

11-05-2018, 12:30 PM
Ian Murray was a sore one.

Scotty All... oh wait :greengrin

ozhibs
In a bit of a disagreement at work with a Hun who claims that "Hibs never sell any players to Rangers", so to prove him wrong...

Colin Stein
Ian Murray

Sevco or the old Rangers? Afaik, we've not sold anyone to the current Ibrox club.

Whittaker

11-05-2018, 12:31 PM
Kenny Miller

Colin Stein
Craig Paterson
Andy Goram

Kenny Miller

GillyHibee
Sevco or the old Rangers? Afaik, we've not sold anyone to the current Ibrox club.

Both old and new :agree:

11-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Off the top of my head Steven Whittaker , Kevin Thomson , Ian Murray Ian Munro , Colin Stein , Kenny Miller Andy Goram , Craig Paterson and there was a swap deal when we got Ally Scott but cant remember who went the other way.

crewetollhibee
11-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Off the top of my head Steven Whittaker , Kevin Thomson , Ian Murray Ian Munro , Colin Stein , Kenny Miller Andy Goram , Craig Paterson and there was a swap deal when we got Ally Scott but cant remember who went the other way.

I think we got Ally Scott and Graham Fyffe as a swap with Iain Munro IIRC.

11-05-2018, 12:43 PM

We got Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe, they got Iain Munro. Pish deal!

Johnny Hamilton is the only other one I can think of.

11-05-2018, 12:46 PM
Russel Latapy, though we sacked him first just for good measure.

11-05-2018, 12:50 PM
Ian Murray was a sore one.

Scotty All... oh wait :greengrin

Murray was out of contract, so technically we didn’t sell him to the Huns

11-05-2018, 02:17 PM
I think we got Ally Scott and Graham Fyffe as a swap with Iain Munro IIRC.Still regard it as one of the worst deals we ever did . munro was a very good footballer and the other two were ally Scott and Graham Fyfe.

11-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Murray was out of contract, so technically we didn’t sell him to the Huns

You're right actually.. although OP did state he'd accept Bosmans. So I'll use that as my excuse :greengrin

Thinking about it.. there's a pretty reduced number of players we actually SOLD to them over the years. Even just going by above examples.

Edit* Realise this could be perceived as me agreeing with a Hun (as per OP)... scrap that!!!

11-05-2018, 03:58 PM

Dead right, people still making the same mistake thinking this is der old huns. The are the Rankers International Sevco energy club or something now, we should not let them forget.

11-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Still regard it as one of the worst deals we ever did . munro was a very good footballer and the other two were ally Scott and Graham Fyfe.

Yeah they were dreadful......Ally Scott....jeezo

11-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Graham Fyfe could have been OK but I think was still shaken at being emptied from Ibrox for committing the sin of marrying a Roman Catholic.

11-05-2018, 09:32 PM
Jeez. I can’t take it anymore.
I still haven’t got over Colin Stein crossing to the dark side. :rolleyes:

11-05-2018, 09:35 PM

:greengrin I was distraught when Stein joined Rangers. Who would score the goals now, I thought? Then we signed a guy who'd had real injury problems when at Celtic. Three games and seven goals into his Hibernian career I loved Joe McBride senior and forgot all about Stein :greengrin

11-05-2018, 09:52 PM
We got Ally Scott and Graham Fyfe, they got Iain Munro. Pish deal!

Johnny Hamilton is the only other one I can think of.

Think they picked up Johnny Hamilton on a free transfer after EddieTurnbull surprisingly released him.

Hibs1969
12-05-2018, 01:22 AM
I’m with you 100% on that. It broke my young heart when he left us for them, it was the first time I’d experienced it and it was traumatic. And still is. He also scored a hat-trick against us in one of his first games for them just to rub salt in the wounds.

12-05-2018, 01:27 AM

Don't think your Hun mate knows a lot about football

12-05-2018, 01:30 AM

That was a bad one

If I remember correctly he scored two hatricks against us not long after he joined the dark side

12-05-2018, 05:11 AM
You should have just laughed in his face and walked away, the guy obviously knows FA aboot fitba.

telford hibbee
12-05-2018, 07:58 AM
That was a sore one at the time, even if we did get £100000 for him.

12-05-2018, 08:05 AM

In the late 60s? That really was a big transfer fee for the time.

12-05-2018, 08:06 AM
Still have nightmares over Colin Stein joining the dark side. He came back to haunt us two weeks later scoring a hatrick in a 6-1 win at Castle Greyskull.

We signed a very good replacement in Joe McBride who had an excellent goal scoring record for us with most of the Colin Stein dough still in the biscuit tin.

12-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Yeah they were dreadful......Ally Scott....jeezo
Ally Scott while not the most technically gifted always tried 100% and scored a few goals for us.

He was my brothers favourite HIBS player of all time and has never been back to ER since he left ????

:not worth

12-05-2018, 09:29 AM
I think we got Ally Scott and Graham Fyffe as a swap with Iain Munro IIRC.
Iain was areal fine player and a part time PE teacher at my school, Boroughmuir, and a good lad. We got two absolute muppets in exchange. Aly Scott was the 2nd worst 'forward' I have seen at Hibs. Bettered only by the goal machine that was Martin Henderson.