PDA

View Full Version : Pre-season friendlies

Diclonius
11-05-2018, 10:22 AM
So, where are we heading this summer? I suspect a lot will hinge on whether we qualify for Europe (lots of friendlies if yes, very few if not) but guessing we'll get our usual trip to Berwick or Dunfermline. For purely selfish reasons I'd like a tie against Stenhousemuir, Falkirk, East Stirlingshire or Stirling.

IberianHibernian
11-05-2018, 11:22 AM
If Celtic win cup , we`ll start in EL on 12th July , if Motherwell win it we`ll start in League Cup on 14th ( unless that`s our free day in group matches ) . With Blackburn on 8th probably only a couple of friendlies in first week of July . If we`re knocked out of Europe on 19th would have more than 2 weeks till league starts so some friendlies then against teams on their free LC days and / or non Scottish teams on Sundays / Mondays between European matches .

hibsforeurope
11-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Hopefully we play Leithen Vale this year after pulling out last minute last summer.

Souter96Mac
11-05-2018, 11:44 AM
For selfish reasons, one of the North East teams, maybe Sunderland.

Hibbyradge
11-05-2018, 11:52 AM
For selfish reasons, one of the North East teams, maybe Sunderland.

York would be a good test. :greengrin

Failing that, Leeds.

Or Huddersfield.

Haymaker
11-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Away friendly against the NYRB would do nicely.

danhibees1875
11-05-2018, 05:02 PM
When did we last have anything close to a glamorous/cool friendly?

I'd count a premiership team in that category - which I think Middlesbrough, Bolton, and Everton all were when we played them relatively recently. Away to Blackpool was also a decent fixture although I don't think they were premiership at that time. Barcelona stands out glamour wise - not every day you see Messi and Chris Hogg go toe to toe.

xyz23jc
11-05-2018, 05:25 PM

I'd count a premiership team in that category - which I think Middlesbrough, Bolton, and Everton all were when we played them relatively recently. Away to Blackpool was also a decent fixture although I don't think they were premiership at that time. Barcelona stands out glamour wise - not every day you see Messi and Chris Hogg go toe to toe.

Fantastic idea, although never saw Hibs touch the ball that day at Murrayfield! :greengrin

LancashireHibby
12-05-2018, 10:05 AM

The first friendly at Blackpool in recent years was in the summer leading to their Premier League campaign IIRC. They’d been relegated again by the time we played them midweek after the start of the season.