PDA

View Full Version : NHC Foreign refs.

HappyAsHellas
11-05-2018, 10:10 AM
The Greek cup final is on tomorrow and a Spanish referee has been put in charge in an effort to keep a lid on things. The final is a re run of last years between AEK and PAOK. Last years final was marred by fan violence and the recent suspension of the league after the PAOK president invaded the pitch with a gun didn't help matters. FIFA are having a meeting next week to decide whether Greek teams should be banned from international competitions. Hopefully it'll turn out well but I have my doubts as the normally friendly and generally happy Greek people seem to turn into enraged psychopaths when watching football.

Sylar
11-05-2018, 10:41 AM
The Greek cup final is on tomorrow and a Spanish referee has been put in charge in an effort to keep a lid on things. The final is a re run of last years between AEK and PAOK. Last years final was marred by fan violence and the recent suspension of the league after the PAOK president invaded the pitch with a gun didn't help matters. FIFA are having a meeting next week to decide whether Greek teams should be banned from international competitions. Hopefully it'll turn out well but I have my doubts as the normally friendly and generally happy Greek people seem to turn into enraged psychopaths when watching football.

It's not exclusive to the Greeks - football just generally seems to turn supposedly grown men into absolute morons.

I doubt the nationality of the referee will have any impact on the crowd behaviour in such a fixture. The hatred is just too intense!

HappyAsHellas
11-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Referee's houses have been targeted in the past following games but I doubt even the biggest moron would fly to Spain to vent his spleen.