PDA

View Full Version : Full to the rafters on Sunday - No exceptions!

BlackSheep
11-05-2018, 08:07 AM
I really hope that there is not a number of people no longer considering attending on Sunday.

After the season we have had the club, the players and the staff a deserve a full house to congratulate them on a job well done.

Admid all the current speculation and downheartedness on the back of the Derby result we need to stand together and show them we want more and we are here to back the team to better.

At the start of the season most of us would have bitten the hand off if offered 4th and potentially European football... to finish in this position is not a failure.

Anyone thinking of not attending having bought a ticket, take a moment to think about those who didn’t manage to get a ticket and think again.

Let’s show Rangers and the rest of the league exactly who we are.

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC

Carheenlea
11-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Football fans are fickle, always have been and always will. A few I’m sure will decide they’re not going on the back of one bad result. The amount of tickets for sale now in social media backs that up. Given some of the dross I’ve had to watch and the kicks in the teeth that have been administered in my 40 odd years of attendance, one disappointing result is not going to discourage me from supporting the club I love. Fortunately thousands are in the same boat, and Easter Riad will still be packed to the rafters to bring the curtain down in what has been a fine return to the top flight. To be disappointed with 4th place is great testament to how far this club has moved forward.

Not In The Know
11-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Im really looking forward to pumping The The's.

There is also going to be a pretty impressive display pre game so lets get the place bouncing. We have had a great season.

Another thing to note the BBC panel and a good few others all took great delight in what happened this week.

Lets show them how well supported this club is. Arguably there has been no where better to be than ER this season. Lets go out in style.

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 09:05 AM
I can’t wait for Sunday. Will most likely be peoples last chance to see some of our cup winning legends and they’re going to not turn up cause we lost one game?

Diclonius
11-05-2018, 09:13 AM
We'll be saying goodbye to McGeouch, probably McGinn and possibly Gray. The only cup final winners left will be Hanlon, Stevenson and McGregor, the latter I suspect may not have much left. I'll be there.

Also, we'll win 6-0.

GreenT
11-05-2018, 09:39 AM
We'll be saying goodbye to McGeouch, probably McGinn and possibly Gray. The only cup final winners left will be Hanlon and McGregor, the latter I suspect may not have much left. I'll be there.

Also, we'll win 6-0.

Lewis Stevenson

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2018, 09:42 AM
The thing that defines a clubs support is how it reacts to setbacks or periods in the Doldrums, not how many turn up when things are good. In the context of the whole season Wednesday was an annoyance, not a tragedy.

Anybody with a ticket who is now thinking of giving Sunday a miss just coz we didn't get a result on Wednesday wasn't particularly committed in the first place and IMO the sort of 'fan' who will probably desert the club the minute the going gets tough. Thankfully these folk will be few and far between for this game and hopefully our 'core' fan base has grown significantly over the last two years. My hope is that on the back of it when the going does get tough again, as it inevitably will some day, our core support will have grown from the usual hardy 7 to 8 thousand up to 10 to 11 thousand.

What I do hope is that 'no matter what the result' folk stay till the end and give this team and manager the standing ovation they deserve for what has been a fantastic return to top flight football :thumbsup:

we are hibs
11-05-2018, 09:52 AM
I'll be there and backing the team but I think the atmosphere will be dead. The whole support was looking forward to this for weeks and it's now barring a miracle a dead rubber game. It's up to the players to make up for the other night and give the fans something to get behind early doors.

SideBurns
11-05-2018, 09:53 AM
I can understand people who would rather just watch the game on TV not going in the first place. I can't understand why someone would buy a ticket and then, on the back of Wednesday's events (a disappointing, but hardly surprising, result) deciding they aren't going to go. If we win we'll finish level on points with the Huns, only missing out on 3rd place on goal difference and at the same time deny them runners-up spot. This team deserves our support!

Diclonius
11-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Lewis Stevenson

Oops, forgot about him. Probably cause he's been here forever. :greengrin

flash
11-05-2018, 11:05 AM
I'll be there and backing the team but I think the atmosphere will be dead. The whole support was looking forward to this for weeks and it's now barring a miracle a dead rubber game. It's up to the players to make up for the other night and give the fans something to get behind early doors.

Won't be dead in my seat. One sight of the bigoted hordes will get everyone going.

Sir David Gray
11-05-2018, 11:11 AM
If people decide not to go on Sunday because we've had a disappointing result on Wednesday then they're following the wrong club.

Get yourself to Easter Road on Sunday and watch us beat Sevco for the 3rd time this season. It might not be enough to get us in 3rd place but I guarantee a win against them will be satisfying regardless of the circumstances.

The Pointer
11-05-2018, 03:07 PM
I've been through so many years of mediocrity, I may be on crutches, I may be facing a three and a half hour journey with my wife driving but I'll be screaming my lungs out, as per!

Pretty Boy
11-05-2018, 03:16 PM
I've supported Hibs through relegation twice, another play off escape, cup final humpings, unwanted derby records, miserable trips to Glasgow, long winless runs and a lot more on top of that.

1 defeat in months and a 4th placed Premiership finish isn't the end of the world when you think about things with a sense of perspective. I'll be there on Sunday.

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2018, 03:26 PM
I've been through so many years of mediocrity, I may be on crutches, I may be facing a three and a half hour journey with my wife driving but I'll be screaming my lungs out, as per!

Yeah, but what about when you get to ER? :wink: