PDA

View Full Version : surprise surprise (DR claiming McGinn to Sevco)

CraigHibee
11-05-2018, 06:01 AM
shock horror... game against one half of the ugly sisters on sunday and this appears...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-target-john-mcginn-steven-12514283

John McGinn a Rangers transfer target as Steven Gerrard looks to beat off English clubs to sign Hibs midfielder
McGinn has been linked with a host of sides south of the border and Hibs are looking to hold out for up to £5m for the playmaker.

Steven Gerrard is weighing up an attempt to hijack John McGinn’s summer move across the border.

Record Sport understands Gerrard has been alerted to McGinn’s availability by director of football Mark Allen and head of scouting Andy Scoulding - both of whom have been tracking the 23-year-old’s situation for months.

In fact, the player and his representatives were made aware of Rangers’ interest before Gerrard was officially appointed as the new man in charge last Friday.

And the Ibrox boss in waiting dispatched a scout to Tynecastle on Wednesday night to run the rule over McGinn as the Hibs star suffered a derby defeat at the hands of city rivals Hearts.

Now Gerrard - who has already drawn up a long list of summer targets - must weigh up whether or not to add McGinn’s name to his list and enter the bidding for one of Scotland’s most sought-after and valuable young talents.

But, if Gerrard does decide to make a move, he’ll face stiff financial opposition as it's believed a number of big- spending English clubs - including at least one from the Premier League - are preparing to come to the table with the bidding likely to start at no less than £3million.

Hibs boss Neil Lennon believes the club should be holding out for as much as £5million even though McGinn only has one year left to run on his Easter Road contract. And the player’s price could spiral if a number of potential bidders follow up their interest with firm cash offers.

Although most of McGinn’s potential suitors are believed to be championship clubs some top flight bosses, including West Ham’s Davie Moyes, have been monitoring McGinn’s progression since the start of the season.

But with doubts still surrounding Moyes’ future in London’s East End - despite him leading the Hammers to safety by the skin of their teeth - it remains to be seen if he will be in any position to lead the bidding.

Now Gerrard is mulling over the chance to get in early as he plots for his first season in senior management.

Fuzzywuzzy
11-05-2018, 06:03 AM
I smell *****.....

Still, they're signing Rooney are they not?😂

Michael
11-05-2018, 06:05 AM
No chance we'd sell him to that lot. They couldn't afford him anyway.

JimBHibees
11-05-2018, 06:05 AM
More chance of me signing for Rangers imo.

Jim44
11-05-2018, 06:08 AM
:faf::faf::faf:

Heisenberg
11-05-2018, 06:08 AM
No chance we would do business with them. Can’t wait for the Traynor statement after we knock back their bid of 500k paid up in *****y wee instalments.

Mantis Toboggan
11-05-2018, 06:11 AM
One of the more transparent DR attempts to unsettle us before a game against Sevco

Fuzzywuzzy
11-05-2018, 06:14 AM
£3m for windass from burnley/Cardiff. They would have a cheek to offer less than that for sjm

BoomtownHibees
11-05-2018, 06:16 AM
If the article is right and they sent someone to watch him on Wednesday then there’s no chance he will be going there 😉

johnbc70
11-05-2018, 06:17 AM
The fee would eat up about 90% of their transfer budget, no chance they can afford him.

Waxy
11-05-2018, 06:21 AM
These April fools stories are strarting to leak onto May.

Beefster
11-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Keith Jackson’s still Traynor’s bitch then?

blaikie
11-05-2018, 06:35 AM
The grandson of an ex Celtic director!

Not a chance

Mixu62
11-05-2018, 06:36 AM
If unfounded, bull-**** rumours in that weegie rag help push the price up, then thanks Daily ******! :thumbsup:

KerPlunk
11-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Keith Jackson’s still Traynor’s bitch then?

Keef Jackshun is Jabba’s fluffer.

One Day
11-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Effin rag, wouldn't give it house room

leggeto
11-05-2018, 07:02 AM
With all the £6m maybe,knobs so that are

CraigHibee
11-05-2018, 07:14 AM
standard for crap like this to appear before an old firm game, we should all be immune to it by now, dont know where sevco would get the money from as he is having to do a share issue to raise funds for gerrard which is surprising since he already has millions hidden away....

(so hidden that they don't exist) :greengrin

Stuart93
11-05-2018, 07:37 AM
It's funny how the rangers still think they're a force in Scottish football who can take rival teams best players, it's quite cute

CorrieHibs
11-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Just before we play them on Sunday (shock)

They actually think they can outbid championship clubs lol.

Another ploy from the DR, Traynor and King to get the fans on board and to dig deep.

They’ll be in the loan market and free transfers. They might scrape a million together to sign someone. However, McGinn is out of their reach.

BegbieHSC
11-05-2018, 08:27 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSGA

Absolutely nae chance! Lies upon lies! **** the Huns, and **** the Record!

Diclonius
11-05-2018, 08:41 AM
They couldn't afford his right ear.

Deansy
11-05-2018, 08:49 AM
The usual old and tired tactic brought to you by the Hun/'Daily Rectum' - a tactic used so often the SFA should really include it in the fixtures-list !. I don't personally know SJM, neither do I know any of his family/friends or agent so I'm definitely not 'in the know' but what I do know is that there's no danger whatsoever of him going to Greyskull -

1) He's highly ambitious
2) He's highly skilled
3) He's highly respected
4) He's honourable
5) He's honest
6) He's so far out of their financial-ability and 'Class' that the Hun would need to use the 'Hubble Telescope' on steroids to even just catch a glimpse of him !

That's just one or two reasons why there's no chance of him going there - just the thought of him in one of their jerseys gives me the boak !!. Seriously though, I really hope Neil/Leeann mention this when they get interviewed in the run-up to Sunday - the Hun have left themselves wide open for some grade 'A' ridicule with this and it would be a sin if (ideally) Neil Lennon let the opportunity pass by !!

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2018, 10:57 AM
Laughable. Sevco and their lackeys seem to think it's still 2005 and they're still the Old Rangers. :rolleyes:

Premiership or Sevco, what a tough choice.

:lolrangers:

hibbyfraelibby
11-05-2018, 11:55 AM
shock horror... game against one half of the ugly sisters on sunday and this appears...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-target-john-mcginn-steven-12514283

John McGinn a Rangers transfer target as Steven Gerrard looks to beat off English clubs to sign Hibs midfielder
McGinn has been linked with a host of sides south of the border and Hibs are looking to hold out for up to £5m for the playmaker.

Steven Gerrard is weighing up an attempt to hijack John McGinn’s summer move across the border.

Record Sport understands Gerrard has been alerted to McGinn’s availability by director of football Mark Allen and head of scouting Andy Scoulding - both of whom have been tracking the 23-year-old’s situation for months.

In fact, the player and his representatives were made aware of Rangers’ interest before Gerrard was officially appointed as the new man in charge last Friday.

And the Ibrox boss in waiting dispatched a scout to Tynecastle on Wednesday night to run the rule over McGinn as the Hibs star suffered a derby defeat at the hands of city rivals Hearts.

Now Gerrard - who has already drawn up a long list of summer targets - must weigh up whether or not to add McGinn’s name to his list and enter the bidding for one of Scotland’s most sought-after and valuable young talents.

But, if Gerrard does decide to make a move, he’ll face stiff financial opposition as it's believed a number of big- spending English clubs - including at least one from the Premier League - are preparing to come to the table with the bidding likely to start at no less than £3million.

Hibs boss Neil Lennon believes the club should be holding out for as much as £5million even though McGinn only has one year left to run on his Easter Road contract. And the player’s price could spiral if a number of potential bidders follow up their interest with firm cash offers.

Although most of McGinn’s potential suitors are believed to be championship clubs some top flight bosses, including West Ham’s Davie Moyes, have been monitoring McGinn’s progression since the start of the season.

But with doubts still surrounding Moyes’ future in London’s East End - despite him leading the Hammers to safety by the skin of their teeth - it remains to be seen if he will be in any position to lead the bidding.

Now Gerrard is mulling over the chance to get in early as he plots for his first season in senior management.
Let the bidfing war commence.

We all know with the Thes that unless its cash up front no-one will accept the offer. What it does do is force the other inevitable bidders to up their offers just in case.

Mind you wouldnt be surprised if this story is manufacture by Hibs media ahead of the game on sunday to unsettle the players McGinn would replace😉

vahibbie
11-05-2018, 01:53 PM
The rags Daily Record and Sun both saying Gerrard has been alerted to the availability of SJM.
Nothing on here so assuming it's total tosh.

The Huns, dinnae make me laugh😂.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-05-2018, 01:58 PM
Who are we playing on Sunday? :hmmm:

The Harp Awakes
11-05-2018, 02:13 PM
I think a move to Sevco will be Plan Z for SJM and his agent. Not going to happen.

Swedish hibee
11-05-2018, 02:23 PM
I can't see him going there at all.. He hates them! However, every midfielder would want to learn under Gerrard. And they couldn't afford him.

KerPlunk
11-05-2018, 02:29 PM
The worrying thing with stories like this (I absolutely refuse to call it "journalism") is that outfits such as The Rectum/Keef Jackshun and the BBC (national broadcaster, eh ?) act as if they are Sevco's sales dept.
They make Scotland look like a wee banana republic....does ma heid in........:yawn:

WhileTheChief..
11-05-2018, 02:34 PM
For £5m we would, and should, sell him.

Sammy7nil
11-05-2018, 03:33 PM
Seriously who cares i hope John does what is best for him and he goes with my best wisnes.
When he leaves he will always be welcome back but in the end he is just another player to have played for our great club.

That is why he must do what is best for him

There will never be imho any more
Pat Stantons or Jimmy O,Rourkes sorry Lewis

A Hi-Bee
11-05-2018, 03:35 PM
Daily Ranker at its best, before a game where lets not forget we do play der hun or the new version of the old hun.

Captain Trips
11-05-2018, 04:21 PM
A pile of utter pish if ever there was any. Desperate to do anything to give Sevco an edge for Sunday.

It's embarrassing and expected for that utter rag.

coldingham hibs
11-05-2018, 04:26 PM
For £5m we would, and should, sell him.

Unfortunately I don’t think we would get anywhere near £5m, it would be nice though. I’d expect £2m possibly including a player coming our way as part of the deal.

guthrie01
11-05-2018, 04:28 PM
For other clubs: £2 million +

For The Rangers: £25 million +

11-05-2018, 04:28 PM
This could be true...

Except Mcginn won’t sign for Rangers
Hibs won’t sell to Rangers
Rangers can’t afford him

Peak Keith Jackson drivel.

Broken Gnome
11-05-2018, 07:31 PM
STATISTICS
Hibs have won just three of their last 20 top-flight games against Rangers (D3 L14), but two came in the last three metings.

Rangers have won each of their last six trips to Hibs in the Premiership and are unbeaten in 13 such visits to Easter Road (W10 D3).

This will be the third occasion the two sides have met on the final day of a Scottish Premiership season, with Rangers winning both of the previous encounters.

This will be the fourth consecutive occasion Rangers will be ending a Premiership season away from home, winning each of the previous three.

From the BBC.

Not usually into bias theories, but given our recent record against them could they have done more to skew the facts towards Rangers?

Sir David Gray
11-05-2018, 07:36 PM
If they give us Josh Windass plus £5 million then I'll personally drive him to Ibrox myself.

This story is fabricated pish.

Fuzzywuzzy
12-05-2018, 06:00 AM
Jason Cummings is desperate to be part of Steven Gerrard’s Rangers revolution - and he has urged John McGinn to join him.

The on-loan Nottingham Forrest star’s is set to sign off at Rangers after tomorrow’s clash against his old club Hibs at Easter Road.

But the hitman - who has a year remaining on his contract at the County Ground - admitted he has his heart set on securing a permanent deal at Ibrox.

Cummings is facing an uncertain future but he revealed he’s already been trying to persuade Easter Road pal McGinn to make the switch along the M8.

Record Sport revealed yesterday the Light Blues are monitoring the midfielder with Hibs poised to cash in on their top asset this summer before he enters the final year of his contract in Leith.

New Rangers manager Steven Gerrard (left) is said to be very interested in McGinn
READ MORE
Cummings said: “I was actually with McGinn yesterday. I tried to get him to come. I’m not too sure if that will go through but I hope it does, because I have played with him for years and he is a good mate of mine.

“I was trying to force him to come, but I don’t know what he’ll do to be honest.

I'm sure he will go jason, completely unfazed by a basket case club that are on the brink of admin since their inception, just because you asked

Fuzzywuzzy
12-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Unfortunately I don’t think we would get anywhere near £5m, it would be nice though. I’d expect £2m possibly including a player coming our way as part of the deal.

We'll get an undisclosed fee from whoever

andybev1
12-05-2018, 06:09 AM
He would never go to them for a start. This is laughable, do they ever stop?

Greenworld
12-05-2018, 06:45 AM

So no approach to Hibs as is required class and bull****

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Greenworld
12-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Jason Cummings is desperate to be part of Steven Gerrard’s Rangers revolution - and he has urged John McGinn to join him.

The on-loan Nottingham Forrest star’s is set to sign off at Rangers after tomorrow’s clash against his old club Hibs at Easter Road.

But the hitman - who has a year remaining on his contract at the County Ground - admitted he has his heart set on securing a permanent deal at Ibrox.

Cummings is facing an uncertain future but he revealed he’s already been trying to persuade Easter Road pal McGinn to make the switch along the M8.

Record Sport revealed yesterday the Light Blues are monitoring the midfielder with Hibs poised to cash in on their top asset this summer before he enters the final year of his contract in Leith.

New Rangers manager Steven Gerrard (left) is said to be very interested in McGinn
READ MORE
Cummings said: “I was actually with McGinn yesterday. I tried to get him to come. I’m not too sure if that will go through but I hope it does, because I have played with him for years and he is a good mate of mine.

“I was trying to force him to come, but I don’t know what he’ll do to be honest.

I'm sure he will go jason, completely unfazed by a basket case club that are on the brink of admin since their inception, just because you askedFunny that Jason on loan likely to be sent back wants JM to join him.
He is not the brightest laddie

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
12-05-2018, 06:49 AM
Cummings acting like an ******** shocker.

Thats 4 stories the daily record have put up since yesterday morning trying to unsettle hibs. One about mcginn going to the Huns, one saying if mcginn does to the Huns Lennon will also leave, one saying Cummings wants him at the Huns and I just seen one this morning saying Bartley "blasted" Lennon after his comments after the game. They really are a ****bag rag.

killie-hibby
12-05-2018, 07:04 AM
The rags Daily Record and Sun both saying Gerrard has been alerted to the availability of SJM.
Nothing on here so assuming it's total tosh.

The Huns, dinnae make me laugh😂.

Brechin City, Montrose, Cowdenbeath et al will have been alerted to SJM's availability around the same time as Gerrard Sevco. I'm surprised our MSM rags have failed to inform us of their intentions regards SJM. Surely the MSM guff writers are aware that unlike Sevco, most clubs ,have some amount of money in the bank to buy players.

Paisley Hibby
12-05-2018, 07:06 AM
Wow, I didn't realise anybody still read the Daily Record.

Nevi_SOL
12-05-2018, 07:08 AM
Ban them from ER

green day
12-05-2018, 07:08 AM
Cummings acting like an ******** shocker.

Thats 4 stories the daily record have put up since yesterday morning trying to unsettle hibs. One about mcginn going to the Huns, one saying if mcginn does to the Huns Lennon will also leave, one saying Cummings wants him at the Huns and I just seen one this morning saying Bartley "blasted" Lennon after his comments after the game. They really are a ****bag rag.

I'm only aware of the DR stories through this forum, so I don't think it's really unsettling us. Who reads papers these days anyway?

we are hibs
12-05-2018, 07:11 AM
I'm only aware of the DR stories through this forum, so I don't think it's really unsettling us. Who reads papers these days anyway?

I dont but all 4 headlines were retweeted onto my news feed. It's unacceptable how often we get this **** before we play Celtic and mostly rangers and it's not just us. Aberdeen and hearts they do it to too. All these clubs should stand up and tell them to **** off.

Joe6-2
12-05-2018, 07:22 AM
From the BBC.

Not usually into bias theories, but given our recent record against them could they have done more to skew the facts towards Rangers?

Toddlers, and past games count for absolutely nothing!

Sir David Gray
12-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Ban them from ER

Absolutely this.

Until they publish a retraction and apology to their disgusting accusations towards this club in the aftermath of the final whistle on 21/05/16 then they should be banned from Easter Road and no links from their site should be allowed on here either.

Onceinawhile
12-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Heard a rumour we are using the funds from this to sign iniesta and yaya toure on free transfers. Anyone else heard this?

NOLA
12-05-2018, 03:19 PM
Is Johns grandad the old Celtic chairman Jack McGinn? I was told this but have never bothered to confirm before [emoji848]

Sir David Gray
12-05-2018, 03:30 PM
Is Johns grandad the old Celtic chairman Jack McGinn? I was told this but have never bothered to confirm before [emoji848]

Yes he is.