PDA

View Full Version : Team for Sevco (Porteous time)

Springbank
10-05-2018, 09:40 PM
I think it's time for Ryan P to start (and score) v Sevco.
My team (assuming Boyle out?) would be:

Marciano

Porteous
Ambrose
Hanlon

Barker (wide right to terrorise halliday)
Mcgeough
Mcginn
Allan
Stevenson

Kamberi
McLaren

If Boyle is fit put him in for Lewis, 2 wingers, go for broke

Stuart93
10-05-2018, 09:51 PM
I think it's time for Ryan P to start (and score) v Sevco.
My team (assuming Boyle out?) would be:

Marciano

Porteous
Ambrose
Hanlon

Barker (wide right to terrorise halliday)
Mcgeough
Mcginn
Allan
Stevenson

Kamberi
McLaren

If Boyle is fit put him in for Lewis, 2 wingers, go for broke

Agree 100% about porteous, also a threat at set pieces which we seem to lack.

Springbank
10-05-2018, 10:05 PM
We had two too many slow older players last night

I'd bench Whittaker & Mcgregor for Dylan and porteous

No idea if Boyle fit or not - if fit play him and if not start with Lewis but with Swanson ready to come on

It's all about goals this weekend

Onceinawhile
11-05-2018, 09:43 AM

No idea if Boyle fit or not - if fit play him and if not start with Lewis but with Swanson ready to come on

McGregor slow????

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2018, 09:45 AM

Looked like Boyle's hammy went. Be amazed if he could play.

Earlydelivery
11-05-2018, 09:53 AM
Boyle torn his hammy

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Rocky

Efe
Daz
Hanlon

Barker
Dylan
Allan
SJM
Lewis

Mclaren
Flo

Blaster
11-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Rocky

Efe
Daz
Hanlon

Barker
Dylan
Allan
SJM
Lewis

Mclaren
Flo

That’s the team for me 👍

number9dream
11-05-2018, 10:27 AM
Agree with giving Porteous a game but he wasn’t on the bench the other night so there may be a problem we don’t know about.
I’m not sure about Barker as a wing-back but you’re right about him tying Halliday in knots.
Bartley & Swanson might have something to prove but it’s hard to find places for them in our best XI...

JeMeSouviens
11-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Rocky

Efe
Daz
Hanlon

Barker
Dylan
Allan
SJM
Lewis

Mclaren
Flo

Got to be this. Only alternative I would consider is Swanson for Barker who I think does better as a sub.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Agree with giving Porteous a game but he wasn’t on the bench the other night so there may be a problem we don’t know about.
I’m not sure about Barker as a wing-back but you’re right about him tying Halliday in knots.
Bartley & Swanson might have something to prove but it’s hard to find places for them in our best XI...

Think he’s got a wee injury

Springbank
11-05-2018, 11:35 AM

Ah that would explain it.

Still think we are witnessing a "changing of the guard" moment with Ryan increasingly taking over from Darren McGregor as the rock in that defence over the next 6 months

Either way, 2 early goals on Sunday and let's see what a depleted Rangers are made of (when they will have been training Thu/Fri/Sat with their foot off the gas thinking the job's done)

Smartie
11-05-2018, 11:38 AM

A bit of cranberry juice should sort that out.

hibbyfraelibby
11-05-2018, 11:48 AM
McGregor slow????

Yup. His legs are going sadly. He could be plsying 2nd fiddle to Ryan next season

number9dream
11-05-2018, 12:03 PM

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 12:08 PM
Got to be this. Only alternative I would consider is Swanson for Barker who I think does better as a sub.

I’m not sure about Barker playing as a wing back defensively but we need to take advantage of Halliday so it’s a gamble I think is worth taking.

CMac1988
11-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Yup. His legs are going sadly. He could be plsying 2nd fiddle to Ryan next season

He's clumsy with the ball at his feet and perhaps cumbersome but then he's more the enforcer type. When running though he's anything but slow. Be surprised if there were many others with the exception of Boyle who are quicker in a straight line.

thebakerboy
11-05-2018, 12:20 PM

Well if he is slow the Hearts team must be pedestrian because he was quicker than any of them , so much so that the commentry team commented several times on how fast he was.

thebakerboy
11-05-2018, 12:23 PM
I’m not sure about Barker playing as a wing back defensively but we need to take advantage of Halliday so it’s a gamble I think is worth taking.

Im not sure about Barker at all because he runs with his head down and has little or no end product at all. Most of the reason for losing at Tiny was that the manager changed the tactics that had us winning / drawing for previous 11 games. Everybody on here thought and expected Big Marv to play as well and that would have been my only change for Whittaker.