PDA

View Full Version : Time wasting

givescotlandfreedom
10-05-2018, 06:14 PM
Firstly, I think we were utter guff last night and probably didn't deserve anything.
That said, their wasting time was absolutely pathetic. Someone I was with said they had managed to stop play for 7 minutes between the 70th and 80th minute alone. I honestly wouldn't be proud of us doing it to such ridiculous extremes like that even if we were ahead. Cheating dicks. That is all.

eastterrace
10-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Firstly, I think we were utter guff last night and probably didn't deserve anything.
That said, their wasting time was absolutely pathetic. Someone I was with said they had managed to stop play for 7 minutes between the 70th and 80th minute alone. I honestly wouldn't be proud of us doing it to such ridiculous extremes like that even if we were ahead. Cheating dicks. That is all.

Yes even that twat at the end holding onto the ball , he just run down the clock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

emerald green
10-05-2018, 06:24 PM
The 6 mins added time wasn't nearly enough IMO. Hearts players AND supporters were involved. It was embarrassing to see. You would think they had won the title at the end, yet they won in such a classless manner.

All teams, from time to time, can waste time at the end of a match to run the clock down (Hibs included), but last night was way beyond a joke. If there needs to be 10 minutes added on, then that's what should happen. No chance with Thomson in charge.

TelaStella
10-05-2018, 06:26 PM
It was nothing short of embarrassing, as the guy in front of me last night said, “it’s like watching ten year olds play fitbaw”. I understand teams have got to win by any means but that last night was pathetic from hertz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libby Hibby
10-05-2018, 06:27 PM
They are masters of it, game virtually killed from 55 to FT

Kato
10-05-2018, 06:32 PM
They don't give a monkeys about the sport and take pride, as in they are actually proud, in making any game as ugly as possible.

green day
10-05-2018, 06:32 PM
I am sure the record books wont have an * and say "jambos wasted time" for the result.

Its irrelevant - we have the better players, but did not show it last night. Hearts appeared to be more up for it from the ko, and probably deserved to win.

It doesnt make them a better team than us, as the league table demonstrates - but, had McLaren scored that pen against the sheep and we had a backs to the wall, timewasting next 83 minutes - would we give a hoot?

Clearly no - its about results.

BILLYHIBS
11-05-2018, 05:58 AM
At one point I had to check my remote control to check I was watching the correct channel as in the latter stages it resembled a Serie A game as in the closing stages Hearts players feigned injury/ cramp as the clock wound down and if the ball came to them in a position high up the park they were up and at it like spring lambs. No excuses though the better team on the day won.

O'Rourke3
11-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Annoyed the hell out of me. Knew as soon as Lafferty went down he was faking. Commentators - "oh, looks like his games finished, he can't come back on after this" . Flying back on, throws himself into a tackle and cushions himself on the broken left shoulder. No pain no wincing at all. Lafferty's a fud. He's actually a decent player but takes any and every oppertunity to cheat. Notable alumni were Klinsman and Peter Grant.

calumhibee1
11-05-2018, 11:23 AM
It should be stamped out the game. Nothing to do with Wednesdays game but it has such a detrimental effect on the enjoyment of the match.

Carheenlea
11-05-2018, 11:25 AM
The time wasting was embarrassing from both player and fan, real desperation stuff. Could only laugh though at some of the “football” played by Hearts in the closing minutes of the game. On three occasions the ball was just kicked as hard, as high and as far they could propel it down to our end of the pitch to nobody or into the stand. Just made it all so frustrating that we lost to such a dismal outfit.

Diclonius
11-05-2018, 11:28 AM
If we're 2-1 up in an Edinburgh derby with 20 minutes to go I'd be delighted every single time one of our players went down clutching his face.

We lost the game. The ref doesn't matter, their behaviour doesn't matter, their style doesn't matter, what happened during the game doesn't matter. We lost. All that matters is winning next time.