PDA

View Full Version : Refereeing decisions.

Mango Man
10-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Has this been the worst season for big decisions going against us? it certainly feels like that, I may still be a bit raw from last night though :boo hoo:

Joe6-2
10-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Agree

wookie70
10-05-2018, 06:04 PM
I think the relegation season was far worse.

Pagan Hibernia
10-05-2018, 06:06 PM
It’s been bad but we didn’t lose the derby because of referees. (I know you’re not saying we did)

Mango Man
10-05-2018, 06:33 PM
It’s been bad but we didn’t lose the derby because of referees. (I know you’re not saying we did)

Though I would say the ref was quite a big factor in the game yesterday, Hearts had the better of the 1st half, we score early in the 2nd and are in the ascendancy, then Lafferty does a dreadful dive after getting away from Hanlon, then free kick and goal, which may have been offside, that was tight though. They got away with a lot last night. They did show more desire than us though.

emerald green
10-05-2018, 06:38 PM
I don't think this season has been the worst for "big decisions" going against Hibs. I would say it has been about par for the course. Nothing changes.

We need professional, accountable, referees.

where'stheslope
10-05-2018, 06:43 PM
Before a ball was kicked, we all thought we just had to turn up and win a hard fought game!
As a team we were poorer than in a lot of other games that we ran out winners!
To say some decisions were poor in the game, is typical of most fans on a losing side, and even when you win these games your left scratching your head in disbelief?
All I thought was if we had turned up and played like we did against Celtic or Kilmarnock we would have got the points with or without bad decision!!!!

Jonnyboy
10-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Before a ball was kicked, we all thought we just had to turn up and win a hard fought game!
As a team we were poorer than in a lot of other games that we ran out winners!
To say some decisions were poor in the game, is typical of most fans on a losing side, and even when you win these games your left scratching your head in disbelief?
All I thought was if we had turned up and played like we did against Celtic or Kilmarnock we would have got the points with or without bad decision!!!!

Not sure I agree with that. Sure there was folk saying we'd hump them but a fair few saw things more realistically and expected the kind of game Hearts played. Unfortunately the players weren't up to it, not helped by the strange decision to move away from our tried and tested 3-5-2.

Pagan Hibernia
10-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Though I would say the ref was quite a big factor in the game yesterday, Hearts had the better of the 1st half, we score early in the 2nd and are in the ascendancy, then Lafferty does a dreadful dive after getting away from Hanlon, then free kick and goal, which may have been offside, that was tight though. They got away with a lot last night. They did show more desire than us though.

it wasn’t offside.

Eyrie
10-05-2018, 07:09 PM
There were two refereeing decisions that we can legitimately say shafted us this year.

The failure to award a penalty when the Sevco defender handled the ball under no pressure at Easter Road.

The failure to recognise that Shaw's goal was over the line in the first game at the PBS.

Both were factual, non-contentious decisions with no element of interpretation required by the officials.