PDA

View Full Version : Sunday - Finish the season on a high

Keith_M
10-05-2018, 01:17 PM
OK, our final league position is already decided but let's finish our league season with a bang, not a whimper.

I don't have any less desire to see us beat Rangers on the final day than I did this time yesterday, so let's round off what's been a fantastic return the top league with another beating of the Govan Bigots.

I hope the players give their all and the fans show their appreciation to the players and the club by getting behind the team from the first minute to the last

:flag:

MacGruber
10-05-2018, 01:20 PM
OK, our final league position is already decided but let's finish our league season with a bang, not a whimper.

I don't have any less desire to see us beat Rangers on the final day than I did this time yesterday, so let's round off what's been a fantastic return the top league with another beating of the Govan Bigots.

I hope the players give their all and the fans show their appreciation to the players and the club by getting behind the team from the first minute to the last

Here here

Been a brilliant season.

GGTTH

Springbank
10-05-2018, 01:24 PM

yes we will be 3rd. Or worst case 4th.

Early goals and I like the look of 3rd...

Keith_M
10-05-2018, 01:35 PM
yes we will be 3rd. Or worst case 4th.

Early goals and I like the look of 3rd...

I admire your optimism but we're not going to win 6-0

:greengrin

However, we will now probably qualify for Europe as I can't see Motherwell winning the Cup Final.

cleanyman
10-05-2018, 01:38 PM
6-0

Come on ma bonnie boys

Hibs Fraggle
10-05-2018, 03:52 PM
6-0 should be easy the way that mob have been playing...

Either way I'll be there to cheer the boys on after a fantastic season. GGTTH

California-Hibs
10-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Don't know why people are now playing this game down. Imagine the rage from them if we win and ensure the Don's finish 2nd instead of them! Would much rather Aberdeen were there than them!

Since90+2
10-05-2018, 04:02 PM
We wont beat them by 6 goals but we can guarantee they don't finish second.

andybev1
10-05-2018, 04:12 PM
If we get the same amount of chances we did the last game we could win 6-0. I know it is all but impossible so I will go home happy with a win and wit nothing to lose I hope the team do themselves justice as they have all season. GGTTH:flag:

guthrie01
10-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Don't be silly we aren't going to win 6-0

7-0 :wink:

Glory Lurker
10-05-2018, 04:14 PM
There was stuff kicking about on Facebook a wee while back encouraging folk to wear Neil Lennon face masks on Sunday. Is this a thing?

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2018, 04:18 PM
Bang on OP :aok:

This game should be a celebration of our season and its been a bloody good one, it will also be a farewell to players who have served us well over the last few years and they deserve our appreciation, as does everybody connected with the club.

Lets turn up and back the team from beginning to end :flag:

Diclonius
10-05-2018, 04:19 PM
6-0. It's happening.

PeeJay
10-05-2018, 04:21 PM
The goal difference between them and us is 10 (26 to 16) - how come 6-0 is supposed to be sufficient to leapfrog them ?:confused:

stantonhibby
10-05-2018, 04:23 PM
The goal difference between them and us is 10 (26 to 16) - how come 6-0 is supposed to be sufficient to leapfrog them ?:confused:

Because our GD would improve by 6......there's would reduce by the same.

Smartie
10-05-2018, 04:24 PM

Since is them we're playing, our GD improves by 6 whilst theirs worsens by 6, leaving us 2 better off than them.

If we win by 5 we're equal, but they've scored more so finish above us.

hibee_girl
10-05-2018, 04:24 PM

Because for each goal we score against them the goal difference gets lower

So we score 5 goals against them that equals their goal difference, 6-0 puts us 1 ahead

PeeJay
10-05-2018, 04:27 PM
Cheers for helping me out guys and gals ! It's quite simple when you think about it ... :greengrin

AgentDaleCooper
10-05-2018, 04:30 PM
even if we don't manage to beat them by 6, i hope every single player in our dressing room will be absolutely desperate to give them an absolute tanking.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2018, 04:43 PM
If we win 6-0 on Sunday I'll dance naked down Leith Walk straight after full time.

andybev1
10-05-2018, 05:16 PM
What if we were to win 5-0, what would it go down to then? games won against each other or just won ouright? we would win one they the other.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2018, 05:21 PM
What if we were to win 5-0, what would it go down to then? games won against each other or just won ouright? we would win one they the other.

Rangers would finish ahead on goals scored.

andybev1
10-05-2018, 05:27 PM
Rangers would finish ahead on goals scored.

ok thx

HibbyAndy
10-05-2018, 05:31 PM
Well i'm still well up for a bit hun skelping on Sunday , Prevent these bigoted cants getting 2nd !..4th is a fantastic achievement lets not forget that , Been a fantastic season and one i will look back on with fond memories , The points we have dropped to where we could have ended up is truly frightening , Could make a case for pretty much every game !

Thank you hibs for a truly memorable season , Not quite done yet though so they deserve a tremendous reception from us on Sunday.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 05:37 PM
Beating Rangers is never meaningless. Vile institution and I hope we turn them over on Sunday and spoil the 'only 2 teams matter' rhetoric for another year.

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2018, 05:39 PM

As has been said, we will fall short because we have scored less goals ... first thing tomorrow I'm away to the bookies to put a fiver on Hibs winning 5 - 0 ..... I can see it now, us 5 - 0 up with a few minutes to go and missing a sitter, that just sounds like something we would do, who can forget Luna missing that header right at the death against AEK Athens. I'll cover it with a fiver on 6 - 0 just in case :greengrin

Come on the Hibees :flag:

hibby6270
10-05-2018, 05:47 PM
We wont beat them by 6 goals but we can guarantee they don't finish second.

I (sadly) agree with the first part of this post and completely agree that the second part of the post is all the incentive both our players and supporters need to “turn up” on Sunday.

Every team needs something to fight for in every game. Usually it’s simply to win and get 3 points. For our final game, it’s still that but with the added bonus now we can still prevent The Rangers from pinching 2nd place. It’s all the incentive we need. Let’s do it.

wookie70
10-05-2018, 05:57 PM
It is still mathematically possible so hopefully our unprofessional players and captain will get on with it and try and beat The Rangers to finish second, or third, 5-0 should do it. That would be Lennon's view last night but for me I think it is vital we try to finish the season on a high. There will have been lots of potential season ticket holders thinking this year is the year to go from occasional to often/always fans and last night may have changed their minds. We are down to the hard to attract season ticket holders now and they need convincing. After Lennon's words last night it's up to the team and Lennon to convert them on Sunday. We may not get the opportunity to get them onboard for a long time so let's spoil The Thes end of season and more importantly sign off on a very good season.