PDA

View Full Version : Footwear

Mikey09
10-05-2018, 11:23 AM
How many times did Hibs players slip last night?! I caught a bit of Lennon's post match interview and he was raging about it. Quite right too! There is absolutely no excuse for a player to be wearing the wrong footwear. It used to piss me off as a player seeing guys slipping on their arse cause they had the wrong boots on. It's no rocket science FFS!! Anyway. Rant over. Mon the Cabbage.

kaimendhibs
10-05-2018, 11:44 AM
It was very noticeable at the game.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
10-05-2018, 11:58 AM
How many times did Hibs players slip last night?! I caught a bit of Lennon's post match interview and he was raging about it. Quite right too! There is absolutely no excuse for a player to be wearing the wrong footwear. It used to piss me off as a player seeing guys slipping on their arse cause they had the wrong boots on. It's no rocket science FFS!! Anyway. Rant over. Mon the Cabbage.

Everyone was slipping, not just Hibs players. More to do with the fact of the grass mixed with heavy rain showers making it extremely skippy. You’d have had 12 inch studs not to slip over last night.

Blaster
10-05-2018, 01:32 PM
Everyone was slipping, not just Hibs players. More to do with the fact of the grass mixed with heavy rain showers making it extremely skippy. You’d have had 12 inch studs not to slip over last night.

Maybe it’s because I pay more attention to our players but I didn’t really notice them slipping as much as ours. Hanlon, Mcginn & Barker were the 3 I noticed most

Hedlund12
10-05-2018, 01:33 PM

To be fair to NL.. the players had identified in the warm up that the pitch was slippy as...
Alan Combe,when testing the goalies fell right on his a55. (To be fair to him he tried to mask it over by lying there looking like he was posing for a calendar shoot!! 😂)

The pitch got worse as the rain came on in the 2nd half but during warm up you could clearly see it was an extremely slippy surface.

cleanyman
10-05-2018, 01:33 PM
I said it from minute 2.

Amateur hour.

hibbysam
10-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Maybe it’s because I pay more attention to our players but I didn’t really notice them slipping as much as ours. Hanlon, Mcginn & Barker were the 3 I noticed most

It was the time near the end where Daz slipped on the edge of the box it was most noticeable, a few of their players went too, early on lafferty Cochrane and Naismith all slipped about. I also feel that was a contributing factor to Rocky’s kicks.