PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine on Leith on Sunday

Greenbeard
10-05-2018, 11:08 AM
Come what may with the result on Sunday, it would be great to hear a stirring end-of-season post-match rendition on Sunday. For me it's not just a song to be sung to celebrate a win. It's an anthem for all times, good, bad or indifferent. It says what we are as Leithers and Hibbies all the time. Also a fitting send off for those leaving, whoever that ends up being.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 11:11 AM
If we were to lose it won’t be sung. I think Sunday will be flat to be honest, although it would be nice to give the players a good send off.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2018, 11:19 AM
We won't play it if we don't win. Even if we do win, I can't see it being played after last night.

I can see there being a few empty seats on Sunday now which would be a shame to be honest if you look at the whole picture of this season.

I think it could be an anti climax, I'll still be there though.

AgentDaleCooper
10-05-2018, 11:23 AM
if we win 6-0, then go for it :aok:

10-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Who makes the decision?

1van Sprou7e
10-05-2018, 04:28 PM
if we win 6-0, then go for it :aok:

This

I'm the implausible event that we end up 3rd then let's go for it, otherwise we'll have to wait I'll next season

chrisski33
10-05-2018, 04:43 PM
it will be played no matter what the score

Greenbeard
10-05-2018, 06:44 PM
it will be played no matter what the score
Inside info or just your view?

HibsAnnouncer
10-05-2018, 11:24 PM
Who makes the decision?

Hi guys

It's Barrie here. I generally make the call but it's a judgement call. If the fans want it played then we will go ahead and play it. I think it's a big moment song but again that's only my personal opinion and it's not just about me 😊

Galahibby
11-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Personally, I think 4th in our first season back in the Premiership is something to celebrate, despite what our esteemed leader seems to think. These players have worked their ***** off and played some superb football this season and, in my opinion, deserve some acknowledgement of that. For what it's worth, I'm also very much in the 'only on special occasions' camp as far as SoL is concerned, but feel it would be appropriate on Sunday to show the players we've appreciated their efforts 💚🇳🇬💚

tonyrougier123
11-05-2018, 12:20 AM
Hi guys

It's Barrie here. I generally make the call but it's a judgement call. If the fans want it played then we will go ahead and play it. I think it's a big moment song but again that's only my personal opinion and it's not just about me 😊I think before the game would be on point here,show the team we fully appreciate the season theyve had,this is a sqaud deserving of an easter road in full voice. regardless of a narrow derby defeat these boys bonded our club and fans with an attitude much like the gaffers(although we are all greedy for more).this group of players will live long in the memory for me.lets show the board this instead of going back in our shell,just a thought though.

eastcoasthibby
11-05-2018, 07:00 AM
I think before the game would be on point here,show the team we fully appreciate the season theyve had,this is a sqaud deserving of an easter road in full voice. regardless of a narrow derby defeat these boys bonded our club and fans with an attitude much like the gaffers(although we are all greedy for more).this group of players will live long in the memory for me.lets show the board this instead of going back in our shell,just a thought though.

I like the idea of playing it before the kick off, try and set the tone for the match, have we done this before at all !!

One Day
11-05-2018, 07:21 AM
If we were to lose it won’t be sung. I think Sunday will be flat to be honest, although it would be nice to give the players a good send off.

I agree. Unless we hammer them there will be a flat atmosphere