PDA

View Full Version : Marciano

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 10:39 AM
Did anyone else notice at the end of the game he took his top off, called someone down from a few rows back in the main stand and then gave it to them and shook their hand?

No big deal but I'm a bit curious as to what the story is there, not often you see a player give their top to a rival fan.

Mikey
10-05-2018, 10:42 AM
Maybe it was someone he skelped on the napper with one of his goal kicks.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Maybe it was someone he skelped on the napper with one of his goal kicks.

:greengrin

I thought Lennon was going to run and ask him for a square go the 2nd time he did that.

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Did anyone else notice at the end of the game he took his top off, called someone down from a few rows back in the main stand and then gave it to them and shook their hand?

No big deal but I'm a bit curious as to what the story is there, not often you see a player give their top to a rival fan.

Never seen it. Don’t have an issue with it but it would be interesting to find out. Can’t think any circumstance that would lead to that happening.

JimBHibees
10-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Never seen it. Don’t have an issue with it but it would be interesting to find out. Can’t think any circumstance that would lead to that happening.

Maybe a friend who got a ticket for main stand.

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 10:51 AM
Maybe he should try saving the ball instead of diving and guessing where he thinks the ball is going to go.Distribution and ball retention also shocking makes you wonder what he does at East Mains all week.Maybe handing his yellow jersey to Cammy Bell only way he will get his hands on one.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Maybe he should try saving the ball instead of diving and guessing where he thinks the ball is going to go.Distribution and ball retention also shocking makes you wonder what he does at East Mains all week.Maybe handing his yellow jersey to Cammy Bell only way he will get his hands on one.

Really?

iwasthere1972
10-05-2018, 11:01 AM

I would be more concerned if it was someone in the Gorgie Road stand who got it. Probably nothing in it.

WeeRussell
10-05-2018, 11:01 AM

Maybe you should engage your brain before you post.

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Really?
Yes.First goal he dived one way ball went the other should have closed Lafferty down making himself big and at least dived the same direction as the ball. Modern goalkeepers as you will no doubt be aware need to be comfortable on the ball and be able to kick the ball accurately not constantly kick the ball out the park or give it away to the opposition.Second goal looked like a dive for the cameras but I will concede on both occasions he was badly let down by his defence.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Yes.First goal he dived one way ball went the other should have closed Lafferty down making himself big and at least dived the same direction as the ball. Modern goalkeepers as you will no doubt be aware need to be comfortable on the ball and be able to kick the ball accurately not constantly kick the ball out the park or give it away to the opposition.Second goal looked like a dive for the cameras but I will concede on both occasions he was badly let down by his defence.

Sorry but he had no chance with either goal. He’s covered his near post which is the first thing he should do. He has a couple of defenders not doing their job to start with and leaves him badly exposed. Lafferty toe pokes it he wouldn’t know which way it’s going until it’s to late.

His distribution isn’t good and he has to work on that, but he was no way to blame for either of the goals last night not even close.

lyonhibs
10-05-2018, 11:10 AM

Have you ever played in goals in real life?? There was short of a second between Stevenson unexpectedly ****ing up and Lafferty hitting it. How much closing down is he meant to do in that time?

"At least dived the same direction as the ball" :faf::faf::faf::faf:.

From that range, any well struck shot to either side of the goalie requires an element of guesswork as the shot is being struck, not afterwards.

He guessed and got it wrong. Another day, he makes a great save.

His kicking is rank though.

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Sorry but he had no chance with either goal. He’s covered his near post which is the first thing he should do. He has a couple of defenders not doing their job to start with and leaves him badly exposed. Lafferty toe pokes it he wouldn’t know which way it’s going until it’s to late.

His distribution isn’t good and he has to work on that, but he was no way to blame for either of the goals last night not even close.
Just watched both goals again you are correct in that no one can blame him for either goal as he was left badly exposed by his defence I feel that while he makes some brilliant saves especially over the course of this season he also loses some avoidable goals and as you agree he needs to work on his distribution to play at our level he is supposed to be an international goalkeeper after all.The defence also looks more comfortable when Cammy Bell is in goal albeit it has only been the twice.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Just watched both goals again you are correct in that no one can blame him for either goal as he was left badly exposed by his defence I feel that while he makes some brilliant saves especially over the course of this season he also loses some avoidable goals and as you agree he needs to work on his distribution to play at our level he is supposed to be an international goalkeeper after all.The defence also looks more comfortable when Cammy Bell is in goal albeit it has only been the twice.

He’s certainly had a couple of shockers through the season don’t get me wrong. But he’s been a huge part in us finishing as far up as we have with more good saves than errors.

Bell is a good keeper but for me Rocky is better and still should be our No.1 imo. But Football is all about debates and others see things differently 👍🏼

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Yes.First goal he dived one way ball went the other should have closed Lafferty down making himself big and at least dived the same direction as the ball. Modern goalkeepers as you will no doubt be aware need to be comfortable on the ball and be able to kick the ball accurately not constantly kick the ball out the park or give it away to the opposition.Second goal looked like a dive for the cameras but I will concede on both occasions he was badly let down by his defence.He was not at fault for either goal utter nonsense...I do agree with you on his kicking tho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

oconnors_strip
10-05-2018, 11:37 AM
There was an Israel flag beside the person he gave his strip to, maybe he knows them or appreciated the flag?

BoomtownHibees
10-05-2018, 11:43 AM

More comfortable in the 2 games he’s played?? Get a grip

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Guys, football is all about opinions my opinion just happens to be that Rocky is rocky his kicking is dodgy I thought Lenny was going to burst a blood vessel at one point.That is why we have fans forums to stimulate debate. It sounds as though he was giving his jersey to someone who had an Israeli flag or one of those daft signs can I have your jersey ?

Michael
10-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Rod will be raging.

hibeerealist
10-05-2018, 12:49 PM
Guys, football is all about opinions my opinion just happens to be that Rocky is rocky his kicking is dodgy I thought Lenny was going to burst a blood vessel at one point.That is why we have fans forums to stimulate debate. It sounds as though he was giving his jersey to someone who had an Israeli flag or one of those daft signs can I have your jersey ?

Billy,

I sit in a group at the games, all ST holders, and your thoughts are certainly matching ours. Some of the guys just would not play him. Yes he has had games where he has pulled off some vg saves, is that not what he is paid to do?

On the other hand he has had some real howlers and that is why supporters have doubts about him.

He has literally let in the three efforts on target in the last two games!

The second last night I would take out the equation but the other two he was not even close to saving.

Goalies seem to get a real bye on this forum

Lang Toun hibby
10-05-2018, 12:50 PM

Totally agree he is no shot stopper/goal kicker/confidence defence builder. Look at the goals we lose he very rarely gets close to them. As for his kick outs (not only every game out the park) but usually fires it high up the middle, meat and drink the centre halfs. Like to see Cammy Bell given a chance.

Smartie
10-05-2018, 12:52 PM
I'm not convinced by him.

Wembley67
10-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Billy,

I sit in a group at the games, all ST holders, and your thoughts are certainly matching ours. Some of the guys just would not play him. Yes he has had games where he has pulled off some vg saves, is that not what he is paid to do?

On the other hand he has had some real howlers and that is why supporters have doubts about him.

The second last night I would take out the equation but the other two he was not even close to saving.

So if he stopped the howlers going in and conceded the ones where he made very good saves where would he be in the pecking order?

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 12:54 PM
Billy,

You and your ST friends clearly don’t know much about goalkeeping then. The “Isn’t that what he’s paid for” chat is ridiculous. If he wasn’t here I doubt we’d be as high up in the league as we are. The grief he gets at times is laughable. Yes he’s had a couple of shockers but he’s one of the best keepers we’ve had at ER in years.

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 12:55 PM
Thank you guys Thank you at last some genuine football fans that know what they are talking about I thought I was going mad I wonder if the coaching staff share our opinion Hallelujah

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Thank you guys Thank you at last some genuine football fans that know what they are talking about I thought I was going mad I wonder if the coaching staff share our opinion Hallelujah

So we aren’t genuine fans if we don’t rate Rocky? Clearly the management staff rate him or he wouldn’t be our No.1.

hibeerealist
10-05-2018, 12:59 PM
You and your ST friends clearly don’t know much about goalkeeping then. The “Isn’t that what he’s paid for” chat is ridiculous. If he wasn’t here I doubt we’d be as high up in the league as we are. The grief he gets at times is laughable. Yes he’s had a couple of shockers but he’s one of the best keepers we’ve had at ER in years.

I have seen seen quotes from folk on here, maybe even you (I don’t go jotting down who said what and keeping it for later) saying he is the best in the league!!

He is nowhere near the best in the league, probably struggle to get in a top six.

Opinions eh, I will stand by mine and you can keep yours.

hibeerealist
10-05-2018, 01:06 PM
So we aren’t genuine fans if we don’t rate Rocky? Clearly the management staff rate him or he wouldn’t be our No.1.

I will I’ll be surprised if he is our no 1 on Sunday Cat

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 01:07 PM
You are obviously a fully paid up member of the goalkeepers union but I have played and watched enough football to know a dodgy goalie when I see one and I have never been convinced by Rocky. I just feel vindicated that at long last other fans share my opinion. I have found through this and other threads posters on this website have been fiercely defensive of Rocky and felt as though I was banging my head off a brick wall.Thank you God!

WeeRussell
10-05-2018, 01:09 PM
I have seen seen quotes from folk on here, maybe even you (I don’t go jotting down who said what and keeping it for later) saying he is the best in the league!!

He is nowhere near the best in the league, probably struggle to get in a top six.

He's not the best goalkeeper in the league, but he's made some of the best saves in the league this year. He's also a long way ahead of the majority of our 'number 1s' in recent years.

I rate Cammy Bell too.

Smartie
10-05-2018, 01:24 PM
He's not the best goalkeeper in the league, but he's made some of the best saves in the league this year. He's also a long way ahead of the majority of our 'number 1s' in recent years.

I rate Cammy Bell too.

I think the reason he annoys me is because his poor stuff seems avoidable.

The kicking is ridiculously wasteful, often under no pressure. The other players don't battle to win possession for him to give it away so frequently.

The howlers happen too often.

And then you've got the genuinely World class saves that he pulls off fairly frequently that make you realise he's not a total huddy that we should get rid of.

His place shouldn't be guaranteed, especially not when an understudy like Bell comes in and does as well as he did.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 01:29 PM

He’d struggle to get into top 6 😳 Wow!!!

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I will I’ll be surprised if he is our no 1 on Sunday Cat

Why? He wasn’t at fault last night for any of the goals. I’d see no reason to drop him unless Lennon wants to give players a run out as we’ve nothing to play for.

Brightside
10-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I wish he'd sort his kicking out....it really is dreadful both on the deck and in hand.

cleanyman
10-05-2018, 01:33 PM
A thread about Marciano

Lol

Who is next

Riordan ?

cleanyman
10-05-2018, 01:34 PM
Never mind Marciano

What about Alan Combe ?

That was one of the worst warm ups I've seen.

Smartie
10-05-2018, 01:36 PM
A thread about Marciano

Lol

Who is next

Riordan ?

To be fair he was the least of our problems last night.

Our defence made mistakes that gave away cheap goals, we lost the midfield battle, we made poor decisions in the final third that impacted on our creativity and we missed the chances that came our way.

Rocky just booted the ball out of play a few times.

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 01:47 PM
There was an Israel flag beside the person he gave his strip to, maybe he knows them or appreciated the flag?

:aok:

I have to say the rest of the thread isn't quite hot I imagined when i asked the question:greengrin

Hedlund12
10-05-2018, 01:49 PM

I didn't see this happen but in the warm up one guy got a ball come right over the goal at a rate of knots... it smacked his bovril cup into his chest.. the bovril kind of exlploded over his face and down his top/jacket! Tam the kit man gave the bloke the thumbs up!! 🤣

Same scenario a few minutes later.. bloke got his mobile phone whacked out his hand... he had to retrieve it a few rows back.

Might not have been connected to either incidents though.

** Edit** Just re-read your post... didn't realise it was a rival fan.

Swedish hibee
10-05-2018, 01:51 PM
I think he's just ok. Always too far off his line for my liking. And he can't kick the ball straight, it always goes out to the side.

Glory Lurker
10-05-2018, 02:02 PM
Person he gave his top to walked out once he got it, so assuming that the recipient wasn’t a jambo despite being in main stand.

Brooster
10-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Billy,

I agree. I dont think he is good enough.

Allant1981
10-05-2018, 02:19 PM

so the coaching staff must know hee haw then seeing as he plays every week

Allant1981
10-05-2018, 02:20 PM

what a load of rubbish, who are these better keepers?

HibeeHibernian4
10-05-2018, 02:34 PM
what a load of rubbish, who are these better keepers?

I’d say Gordon, McLaughlin and Lewis are better and that’s it. He’s on about the same level as Woodman, Foderingham and Jamie MacDonald (on his best day).

Allant1981
10-05-2018, 02:41 PM
I’d say Gordon, McLaughlin and Lewis are better and that’s it. He’s on about the same level as Woodman, Foderingham and Jamie MacDonald (on his best day).

even based on this(which i dont agree with) this is hardly struggling to make the top 6 keepers in the league, id say lewis and gordon and that it

Fanforlife
10-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Billy,

Goalies seem to get a real bye on this forumHow did he manage to let one in in a 0 0 draw?

Halifaxhibby
10-05-2018, 02:51 PM
He can't really be blamed for the first goal, Lewis was sleeping. Thought his positioning was poor for the second but let down by more woeful defending.

He's had a pretty decent season tbf.

GGTTH
FTHMFC

ancient hibee
10-05-2018, 03:39 PM
How did he manage to let one in in a 0 0 draw?
You should realise that posters who rush to criticise can’t be expected to get their facts right:greengrin:greengrin

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 03:43 PM
How did he manage to let one in in a 0 0 draw?

😂

BILLYHIBS
11-05-2018, 05:46 AM
You should realise that posters who rush to criticise can’t be expected to get their facts right:greengrin:greengrin
I will vouch for that Ancient Hibby sorry Hibee is the Fact Police.:not worth

BILLYHIBS
11-05-2018, 05:53 AM
so the coaching staff must know hee haw then seeing as he plays every week
Yeah, that was why I begged the question. His kicking and positioning are dodgy and as one other poster has pointed out a high ratio of shots on target result in a goal.The coaching staff must surely be aware of these facts I am just surprised he is allowed to remain in situ.Just my opinion .

Fuzzywuzzy
11-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Laidlaws distribution was worse and always took an age to distribute the ball when players were looking for it. How far away is he from recovery?

That being said, I'd rather have bell as back up than laidlaw.

BILLYHIBS
11-05-2018, 06:02 AM
:top marks
Laidlaws distribution was worse and always took an age to distribute the ball when players were looking for it. How far away is he from recovery?

That being said, I'd rather have bell as back up than laidlaw.

Allant1981
11-05-2018, 06:03 AM
Yeah, that was why I begged the question. His kicking and positioning are dodgy and as one other poster has pointed out a high ratio of shots on target result in a goal.The coaching staff must surely be aware of these facts I am just surprised he is allowed to remain in situ.Just my opinion .

the coaching staff know a lot more about how to play the game than you or i seeing as its their job, they pick him so ill go with their judgement, to many want to be coaches and managers here sometimes

BILLYHIBS
11-05-2018, 06:14 AM
the coaching staff know a lot more about how to play the game than you or i seeing as its their job, they pick him so ill go with their judgement, to many want to be coaches and managers here sometimes
Yeah that unfortunately is the problem Alan Combe must see something we/I am not seeing and for the time being it is only his/Lennys opinion that counts.On saying that I thought Lenny was going to blow a fuse on Wednesday when Rocky kicked the ball out of play for the umpteenth time and that coupled with the rollicking he gave Hanlon when he hooked him might be a part of why he might feel he has taken Hibs as far as he can.Lenny is clearly getting frustrated.As I have already said I am not a coach only my opinion.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2018, 06:21 AM

:hilarious