PDA

View Full Version : European Football for us

BullsCloseHibs
10-05-2018, 02:21 AM
If Celtic beat Motherwell next week in the cup.

How good a feeling would this be!

How's all likely to be digging out the passports?

Mixu62
10-05-2018, 03:02 AM
Mathematically we can still get 3rd if we pump sevco 6-0. Just play all strikers on Sunday?!!:greengrin

Big_Franck
10-05-2018, 06:29 AM
Can't wait for our European trip. Hopefully get another scandinavian team.

PatHead
10-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Hopefully digging out our passports for the 12th or 19th of July. Hope Motherwell get gunned.

green&left
10-05-2018, 08:05 AM
Anyone know if its regionalised for the first round draw? I know Tommy Wright and the Saints chairman were moaning a couple of seasons back as they had a 6000 mile round-trip. Don't know if anythings changed since?

Big_Franck
10-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Anyone know if its regionalised for the first round? I know Tommy Wright and the Saints chairman were moaning a couple of seasons back as they had a 6000 mile round-trip. Don't know if anythings changed since?

I dont think it is. Certainly not according to the wikipedia entry for 18-19 europa league qualification. Could be anywhere from Ireland to Armenia.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2018, 09:12 AM
Anyone know if its regionalised for the first round draw? I know Tommy Wright and the Saints chairman were moaning a couple of seasons back as they had a 6000 mile round-trip. Don't know if anythings changed since?

It's not regionalised.

jacomo
10-05-2018, 09:25 AM
Mathematically we can still get 3rd if we pump sevco 6-0. Just play all strikers on Sunday?!!:greengrin

Yes please.

And then Well to lift the cup!

edinburghhibee
10-05-2018, 09:34 AM
Hopefully digging out our passports for the 12th or 19th of July. Hope Motherwell get gunned.

Are these the dates? Don’t want to jinx it but I’ll need to apply for the time off sooner rather than later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Hopefully get somewhere hot. Croatia, Greece, Cyprus etc would be good.

Michael
10-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Bit premature. Would be typical if Motherwell won it now.

green&left
10-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Are these the dates? Don’t want to jinx it but I’ll need to apply for the time off sooner rather than later

Yep (well according to wiki)

Draw for the first round: 19 June
First Leg: 12 July
Second Leg: 19 July

greenlex
10-05-2018, 03:58 PM

I think it’s Slim to no chance. Celtic will want two trebles on the bounce more than Motherwell want the cup.

Ringothedog
10-05-2018, 04:07 PM
I think it’s Slim to no chance. Celtic will want two trebles on the bounce more than Motherwell want the cup.

Plus Celtc are a better team

Glory Lurker
10-05-2018, 04:08 PM
Cup Final's well spoiled for me now. Obviously want Celtc to win now, but can't see myself watching it and cheering them on. Expect I'll go out between 3 and 5 and just hope I come back in to the right result.

greenlex
10-05-2018, 05:19 PM
Plus Celtc are a better team
:agree:

Scorrie
10-05-2018, 06:56 PM

Stick a wedge on it then. Will pay for a holiday anyway!

Onceinawhile
10-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Cup Final's well spoiled for me now. Obviously want Celtc to win now, but can't see myself watching it and cheering them on. Expect I'll go out between 3 and 5 and just hope I come back in to the right result.

Agreed. Mince 👎

jodjam
10-05-2018, 07:18 PM
And the added benefit of not playing in League Cup group stages

Albanian Hibs
10-05-2018, 07:41 PM
I will be on holiday 3rd to 17th July 🙄

Bristolhibby
10-05-2018, 07:43 PM
And the added benefit of not playing in League Cup group stages

This is important for me.

Would be good do get some friendlies in England.

J

One Day
10-05-2018, 08:00 PM
If Celtic beat Motherwell next week in the cup.

How good a feeling would this be!

How's all likely to be digging out the passports?

Here's hoping Celtic do whats required

Jim44
10-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Here's hoping Celtic do whats required

If Motherwell get a result it will be the upset of the decade IMHO.

PatHead
10-05-2018, 09:27 PM

Yes, as per Uefa site.

Big_Franck
15-05-2018, 08:20 AM
Provided Celtc win the cup on Saturday it looks like we'll be seeded for the 1st Qualifying round if this guy's info is correct. I'm sure he's done these kind of lists before and they've been accurate.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2018.html (https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2018.html)

Our UEFA coefficient is 3725 according to this (https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html) (we are 267th in the list) which would mean we'd be seeded for the 1st round.

Should give us a decent chance of getting to Qualifying round 2, where teams like Sevilla, Burnley, Lech Poznan and probably AC Milan and RB Leipzig will be possible opponents.

Souter96Mac
15-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Provided Celtc win the cup on Saturday it looks like we'll be seeded for the 1st Qualifying round if this guy's info is correct. I'm sure he's done these kind of lists before and they've been accurate.

https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2018.html (https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedel2018.html)

Our UEFA coefficient is 3725 according to this (https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html) (we are 267th in the list) which would mean we'd be seeded for the 1st round.

Should give us a decent chance of getting to Qualifying round 2, where teams like Sevilla, Burnley, Lech Poznan and probably AC Milan and RB Leipzig will be possible opponents.
Fancy our chances against Burnley 😁

H18 SFR
15-05-2018, 08:26 AM
100% going no matter where it is, been saving since September, the wife wants to come but I'll see how shes been behaving nearer the time.

Captain Trips
15-05-2018, 08:40 AM
I'm keeping the powder dry on this. Celtic really should win but Motherwell are a danger on the day and them winning would not surprise me.

I don't like it but I hope Celtic do it.

Dunfyhibee
15-05-2018, 08:41 AM
IF Celtic win the cup, does being seeded mean we will be away in the first leg?

Mick O'Rourke
15-05-2018, 08:57 AM
Stranger things have happened in Cup Finals.
Favourites losing.
Celtic V Plastic Whistle springs to mind.
However,the chance to "sweep the board" 2 seasons running could be no more incentive for Celtic.
Any other circumstance i would wish the underdog good luck.
But not this time.

Some line up of possible opponents that is.

A few days Sunning in Seville would be good (if i could go)
Av been tae Burnley !
It had good boozers though and if i remember correctly Hibs/Hearts select used to play them pre season back in the day.
Well back ! 50s/60s/

Bristolhibby
15-05-2018, 09:31 AM
IF Celtic win the cup, does being seeded mean we will be away in the first leg?

Don’t think so. I think it’s home, then away, home then away. With the order you come out of the hat dictating the home/away order.

Personally I’m hoping for away second leg, as I can’t make any game on the 12th.

That said, let’s get Celtic winning the Cup first before we get too involved in this discussion.

J

AltheHibby
15-05-2018, 09:32 AM

Looking back I think we did. Cracking game though.

lapsedhibee
15-05-2018, 10:16 AM
Celtic really should win but Motherwell are a danger on the day and them winning would not surprise me.

If the power of positive thought counts for anything they will win. Celtc supporters don't really care that much if they win yet another trophy, but the Mothers will have upwards of 400,000 people absolutely desperately willing them to win.

green with envy
15-05-2018, 10:34 AM
If the power of positive thought counts for anything they will win. Celtc supporters don't really care that much if they win yet another trophy, but the Mothers will have upwards of 400,000 people absolutely desperately willing them to win.

I bet they care about being history makers by winning back to back trebles for the first time ever.

Dashing Bob S
15-05-2018, 10:38 AM

The Yams getting behind Motherwell?

HiBremian
15-05-2018, 10:46 AM

It's why they exist.

- source H. Potter:cb

lapsedhibee
15-05-2018, 10:49 AM
For sure. Desperate for Hibs not to succeed, at anything. Look, for example, how they threw money hand over fist at The Eighth Wonder to ensure we didn't have the best stadium. Escalators, skyline views, glass, chips, you name it. They will be ecstatic if we don't get in to the EL.

IWasThere2016
15-05-2018, 11:32 AM
Bucket-list item to see Hibs away in Europe, and I think I would be able to attend this year. Cannot bring myself to cheer on any part of the Old Filth however...

Baldy Foghorn
15-05-2018, 11:51 AM
Don’t think so. I think it’s home, then away, home then away. With the order you come out of the hat dictating the home/away order.

Personally I’m hoping for away second leg, as I can’t make any game on the 12th.

That said, let’s get Celtic winning the Cup first before we get too involved in this discussion.

J

Maybe I misunderstand the logic in your home / away, when we were at Brondby, had we won, we would have been in Berlin the next week.

Jim44
15-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Bucket-list item to see Hibs away in Europe, and I think I would be able to attend this year. Cannot bring myself to cheer on any part of the Old Filth however...

No need to cheer them on but no harm in privately hoping for a Celtic win, and check the score at 5pm on Saturday to see if you need to search for the old passport. :greengrin

Big_Franck
15-05-2018, 12:29 PM
Maybe I misunderstand the logic in your home / away, when we were at Brondby, had we won, we would have been in Berlin the next week.

The draw for Round 1 and 2 is done at the same time. We could be drawn away in the 2nd leg in round 1 and then away in the first leg of round 2. That'd mean back to back away trips on 19th and 26th July.

Baader
15-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Do we definitely avoid the earlier prelim round then if Celtic win the cup?

Sir David Gray
15-05-2018, 12:45 PM

We enter into the 1st qualifying round.

Baader
15-05-2018, 12:46 PM
We enter into the 1st qualifying round.

Brilliant. Thanks Sir Dave.

Big_Franck
15-05-2018, 01:14 PM

Going in to the preliminary round is not an option for us. We go in to Qualifying Round 1 if Celtc win the cup. If Motherwell win the cup we aren't in the Europa League at all.

davhibby
15-05-2018, 01:27 PM

The prelim round is only for teams from Gibraltar, San Marino etc

Baw187
15-05-2018, 02:34 PM
I'm keeping the powder dry on this. Celtic really should win but Motherwell are a danger on the day and them winning would not surprise me.

I don't like it but I hope Celtic do it.

I’m with you. I’ll be a Celtic supporter this weekend but until they lift the cup, I’ll not be speculating about a European trip.

Well aren’t a bad side and could easily do them in a one off game.

JimBHibees
15-05-2018, 02:43 PM
I’m with you. I’ll be a Celtic supporter this weekend but until they lift the cup, I’ll not be speculating about a European trip.

Well aren’t a bad side and could easily do them in a one off game.

Agree Motherwell are a good cup side and have given Celtic problems this season. Unlucky in the league cup final when Thomson decided to kill the game in a final, not for the first time. Motherwell easily beat Aberdeen in the semi final.

Iggy Pope
15-05-2018, 06:23 PM

And it was gonna be a ****ing challenge!!!!!

Famous Fiver
15-05-2018, 06:38 PM
Whether we get to Europe or not one thing is certain.

The Hearts are in their bed!!

southsider
15-05-2018, 09:05 PM
The prelim round is only for teams from Gibraltar, San Marino etc

Gibraltar would be epic.2 or 3 thousand Hibbies on the Costa Del sol:. Be brilliant.