PDA

View Full Version : Joaquim Adao

hibeemikey21
09-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Is potentially the worst football I have ever seen play in a derby/in Scotland before. Absolutely atrocious.

There’s the old, exaggerated saying about hard men midfielders; that they’re just there to kick opponents. He literally can do nothing else

The slow/clumsy movement for the penalty, flying in at knee height (more than once) and just booting the ball out the ground a few times at the end.

Getting beaten by a team containing a player of his “ability” was the most frustrating part of the evening for me.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 10:14 PM
Is potentially the worst football I have ever seen play in a derby/in Scotland before. Absolutely atrocious.

There’s the old, exaggerated saying about hard men midfielders; that they’re just there to kick opponents. He literally can do nothing else

The slow/clumsy movement for the penalty, flying in at knee height (more than once) and just booting the ball out the ground a few times at the end.

Getting beaten by a team containing a player of his “ability” was the most frustrating part of the evening for me.

Yeah I heard he is really upset and refused to acknowledge the win that says it all :confused:

Johnny_Leith
09-05-2018, 10:15 PM
How he wasn't at least booked once was perplexing.

Whittaker was booked for 3 fouls. Adao had 8 from my count, including giving away a pen.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Dirtiest player I have ever seen in a yam jersey, only that yam fud Thomson will know why he wasn't at least booked for continual fouling, especially on McGinn in the first half.

Typical classless yam.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Rat. As is Cochrane and Lafferty.

calumhibee1
Apparently he personally committed 8 fouls tonight, a couple of them bookings in their own right without considering how many other fouls he had, yet didn’t get booked at all? For a team to commit 8 fouls and get away with no bookings is impressive, but one player?

we are hibs
09-05-2018, 10:16 PM
He was in double figures for fouls and wasn't booked. Thompson was his usual ***** self
tonight for both teams tbf

Heisenberg
09-05-2018, 10:17 PM
He’s a talentless thug. No idea how he didn’t get booked inside the first 15 minutes.

Baader
09-05-2018, 10:19 PM
He’s a talentless thug. No idea how he didn’t get booked inside the first 15 minutes.

Should've been off.

Monts
10-05-2018, 12:15 AM
His first 2 fouls should've been bookings on their own. He committed a couple more before Whittaker was booked for persistent fouling. He then gave away a penalty, halfed mcginn after the whistle, and committed yet more fouls. Not to mention his time wasting.

Not enough for a card...

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 06:11 AM
apparently he personally committed 8 fouls tonight, a couple of them bookings in their own right without considering how many other fouls he had, yet didn’t get booked at all? For a team to commit 8 fouls and get away with no bookings is impressive, but one player?
thug!

matty_f
10-05-2018, 06:20 AM
His first 2 fouls should've been bookings on their own. He committed a couple more before Whittaker was booked for persistent fouling. He then gave away a penalty, halfed mcginn after the whistle, and committed yet more fouls. Not to mention his time wasting.

Not enough for a card...

Mental that the ref booked Whittaker for three but this boy never got a yellow at all.

neil7908
10-05-2018, 06:55 AM
I know we're all biased here but genuinely he was one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen.

A joke of a footballer who I'd be embarrassed to see play for us.

Lessons need to be learned by Hibs. We'll get no protection from refs so Bartley is a must.

Bostonhibby
10-05-2018, 07:34 AM
Very poor player who makes up for it by cowardly challenges that are basically assaults.

Hearts have quite a few niggly foulers but this guy is no "hard man". He's one for the refs to sort out and it never happened last night. Spoke with the family yam last night and after the gloating and goading part he said he hoped they'd get rid of Adao as it's embarrassing but he's a Levein type player.

Dirtiest one I've seen and I've seen Drew Busby.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Shocking. 2 derbies well into double figures on fouls but no yellow cards?

Spots end played clips of the “robust” challenges in the match and he had over half of them.

He must have diplomatic immunity.

staunchhibby
10-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Wonder if compliance officer will review his shocking tackle off the ball on McGinn

Pretty Boy
10-05-2018, 07:46 AM
I suppose the fact we are all talking about him suggests it's job done. None of our midfield 3 really got a grip on the game last night so whilst it wasn't pretty the 'disrupt the game and boot **** out of them when we can' tactic worked.

The referee didn't deal with it so he kept doing it.

Joe6-2
10-05-2018, 07:48 AM
I just wish Hibs could get something done about the horrendous ‘refereeing’ displays against us, I know that’s pie in the sky, but it’s so bloody frustrating

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 07:57 AM
I just wish Hibs could get something done about the horrendous ‘refereeing’ displays against us, I know that’s pie in the sky, but it’s so bloody frustrating

Craig Thompson wasn’t horrendous last night. He got a couple of minor things wrong, but suggesting he was horrendous is just deflecting from the fact that it was probably our worst performance of the season.

Callum_62
10-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Craig Thompson wasn’t horrendous last night. He got a couple of minor things wrong, but suggesting he was horrendous is just deflecting from the fact that it was probably our worst performance of the season.

Pretty horrendous how he didnt book there midfield enforcer for 8 fouls (some bookings on there own)

I pointed out that fact when he counter 3 fouls for whittakers booking

A booking for the sitting midfielder totally changes the way they can play

Not much else to moan about tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyJo
10-05-2018, 08:03 AM
On at least three occasions he put tackles in at chest height, no attempts to play the ball just sticking a leg out in the hope of stopping and/or hurting a Hibs player.

hibee62
10-05-2018, 08:08 AM

I can accept he wasn’t biased but no one can claim he wasn’t horrendous! He got their penalty claim wrong and then every major mistake, of which there were many, went against us. Biased? I don’t know. Horrendous? Absolutely!

O'Rourke3
10-05-2018, 08:35 AM
No excuses for last night but not yellow carding the new Neil Berry has to be the most astounding statistic from the game. Even Craigen said he'd get two years at Saughton for the one waist high if that was on the street.....

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 08:56 AM
I can accept he wasn’t biased but no one can claim he wasn’t horrendous! He got their penalty claim wrong and then every major mistake, of which there were many, went against us. Biased? I don’t know. Horrendous? Absolutely!

I didn’t think it was a penalty in Naismith, Efe hardly puts in a challenge, Naismith gets crowded out and falls over.

He should have booked Adao, of that there’s no doubt, and it also would have meant he couldn’t have kept fouling,, but it’s a yellow card at the end of the day, not a goal, a penalty or a red card.

Joe6-2
10-05-2018, 09:25 AM

I am talking about our officials in general, not just one game

hibee62
10-05-2018, 09:34 AM
I didn’t think it was a penalty in Naismith, Efe hardly puts in a challenge, Naismith gets crowded out and falls over.

He should have booked Adao, of that there’s no doubt, and it also would have meant he couldn’t have kept fouling,, but it’s a yellow card at the end of the day, not a goal, a penalty or a red card.

There were a number of incidents like Adao though. Lfferty’s first was a borderline red and Cummings would have got a yellow card for that celebration. The hauling down of Kamberi was an absolute shocker as well.

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 09:34 AM
I am talking about our officials in general, not just one game

In that case I agree!

The_Horde
10-05-2018, 09:50 AM
There were a number of incidents like Adao though. Lfferty’s first was a borderline red and Cummings would have got a yellow card for that celebration. The hauling down of Kamberi was an absolute shocker as well.

Yep. Don't understand where this Thomson had a good game pish comes from.

It's the usual *****. Because it's a derby and it's at tynecastle the refs are tuned to believe it's part and parcel. Fouls become non fouls, yellows become simple fouls. Reds become yellows. Nonsense. Officiate the game properly and you'll see a fairer reflection of the 2 sides.

Look abroad for confirmation.

sarfoftheborder
10-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Adao was quoted in the Dally Record (yes, I know) on Monday as saying : " I can play hard but I know when to foul and not to foul". Enough said.

Danderhall Hibs
10-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Adao was quoted in the Dally Record (yes, I know) on Monday as saying : " I can play hard but I know when to foul and not to foul". Enough said.

When does he not foul?

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 10:37 AM

Cummings didn’t get booked when he stood in front of the Hearts fans and lifted an imaginary trophy twice.

hibee62
10-05-2018, 10:51 AM
Cummings didn’t get booked when he stood in front of the Hearts fans and lifted an imaginary trophy twice.

He didn’t go right up to them then. He did that in the cup winning year and stood arms outstretched. Got booked and later sent off. Got a 2 game ban for giving them the GIRUY a few years back despite getting booked for it at the time.

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 11:00 AM
He didn’t go right up to them then. He did that in the cup winning year and stood arms outstretched. Got booked and later sent off. Got a 2 game ban for giving them the GIRUY a few years back despite getting booked for it at the time.

He did go right up to them, he was on the byline. I’m not sticking up for Lafferty or Craig Thompson, but people aren’t trying far too hard to pick holes in the referee.

GlesgaeHibby
10-05-2018, 11:30 AM
He did go right up to them, he was on the byline. I’m not sticking up for Lafferty or Craig Thompson, but people aren’t trying far too hard to pick holes in the referee.

It doesn't take too much to pick holes in that performance. Thomson was awful. Of the top of my head:

-Naismith Penalty
-Adao fouling McGinn about 5 times out on the wing, play on.
-Adao waist high on McGinn, no foul
-Ambrose bundling Lafferty over, no foul
-Kamberi rugby tackled in middle of pitch by Kamberi, no foul
-Potential penalty call at end of game as Adao wiped McGregor out

There were more, but those above were all pretty clear and he got it wrong. Not saying it would have impacted the result, but Thomson was absolutely woeful last night for both teams and is rightly being criticised. Adao was also common theme running through the above incidents!

hibee62
10-05-2018, 11:30 AM

I have to disagree, It’s not hard to pick holes in the performance. I’m not claiming he’s biased or that he cost us the game, but he was horrific and massively inconsistent with his cards.

ian cruise
10-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Hadn't really seen much of him prior to last night so thought all the comments about how dirty a player he is was just rivals playing up a reputation. It was not.

Some of those "tackles" were the most ridiculous I've ever seen, how he stayed on the pitch I don't know. I don't subscribe to the "Craig Thomson cheats Hibs out of points intentionally" theories, but he had a shocker last night, particularly with Adao.

Kavinho
10-05-2018, 11:55 AM
Pretty horrendous how he didnt book there midfield enforcer for 8 fouls (some bookings on there own)

I pointed out that fact when he counter 3 fouls for whittakers booking

A booking for the sitting midfielder totally changes the way they can play

Not much else to moan about tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This does show up The Thompson bias/incompetence - that he could notice 3 fouls by Whitaker and deem it persistent but miss 8 fouls on the other side, plus the jump into the path of one of our players in the box, and the late mcginn kneehigh tackle..