PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans short changes at Tynecastle again

we are hibs
09-05-2018, 10:09 PM
Yet another game where we've failed to turn up there. Our record at Tynie is a complete and utter embarrassment. It's the fans who regularly to to tynie I feel for. I dont know what it is, I don't know if it's the size of the pitch or a mental thing but it's completely unacceptable and has been like this for far too long.

Cod Boy
09-05-2018, 10:42 PM
An away win in this fixture for either team has been rare for a few years.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Yet another game where we've failed to turn up there. Our record at Tynie is a complete and utter embarrassment. It's the fans who regularly to to tynie I feel for. I dont know what it is, I don't know if it's the size of the pitch or a mental thing but it's completely unacceptable and has been like this for far too long.

As some one who has been going there since the 70's i agree we are a shambles 9/10 don't know why. Different teams and managers same result out fought and out scored.

murray26
09-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Time to calm down.. this was there cup final.. it shows how well we’ve done this season.. we should give the team a good send off on Sunday and start thinking about next season..

we are hibs
09-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Time to calm down.. this was there cup final.. it shows how well we’ve done this season.. we should give the team a good send off on Sunday and start thinking about next season..

weve won something like 3 in 25 games at tynecastle. It's unacceptable and this isn't a knee jerk reaction. Something needs to change when we go there. Our players are too easily bullied and completly abandon trying to get the ball down and play and get drawn into the physical battle on a tight narrow pitch. It would help if our manager actually played our strongest team too mind.

LaMotta
09-05-2018, 10:57 PM

:agree:

Its a disgraceful record. I was born in 1980 and we have won there only 7 times against Hearts at Tynecastle since. Less than 2 wins per decade. Shocking stat.

Genuinely amazed that people ever go there expecting us to win.

Fife-Hibee
09-05-2018, 11:02 PM
The tactical mastery in this game seemed to be to hoof the ball directly to Berra at nearly every opportunity. Hearts play a game where they'll gang up on the player in possession of the ball with 3-4 players. Quite often we'd have a player with half a pitch to themselves, but the ball would never reach them. It's the same thing every time we're there. We allow Hearts to dictate the way we play, instead of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and playing it our own way.

Steve-O
10-05-2018, 03:15 AM
weve won something like 3 in 25 games at tynecastle. It's unacceptable and this isn't a knee jerk reaction. Something needs to change when we go there. Our players are too easily bullied and completly abandon trying to get the ball down and play and get drawn into the physical battle on a tight narrow pitch. It would help if our manager actually played our strongest team too mind.

I think it's more that 3 in 25, and there've been plenty draws in that time too.

Our winning record there isn't great though I must admit. I went pretty regularly from aboot 1988 - 2007 and have only seen us win there on maybe 5 occasions.

We're regularly booted off the park there, rarely protected by referees (how often have they had a player sent off there in a derby??), and then we have incidents like Shaw's 'goal', the Shiels red card that time, and probably countless other controversial decisions I've long since forgotten. And not forgetting other games we've shot ourselves in the foot - the 4-4 game, countless goalkeeper errors, the list goes on. We're jinxed there!

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 05:05 AM
We should perhaps take a leaf out of Celtics book. On Sunday even although they went a goal down their first objective was to win their own personal battles all over the pitch then the proceeded to control the game got the ball down and started to play football.Hearts did seem to tire second half on Sunday but did not last night no doubt encouraged by our sloppy defending poor refereeing and a never say die attitude .

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 05:34 AM

If it was their cup final then what was it for us? It should have meant a hell of a lot more to us than them.