PDA

View Full Version : Dylan leaving.

Thecat23
09-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Lennon also confirmed Dylan is off in the summer. Not the best of nights. Dylan really loved it here Hibs simply couldn’t agree terms.

Since90+2
09-05-2018, 10:00 PM
It's been clear for ages he wasn't signing a new deal. Hardly breaking news.

Thecat23
09-05-2018, 10:00 PM
What he said..”We aren’t moving in the right direction at the moment. I don’t know what the budget is next season; I don’t even know what the budget is this season. McGeouch is going to leave. We’ve got a bit of surgery to do.”

Scottie
09-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Shame but not unexpected. Good luck Dylan lad wherever you end up going. :aok:

TrinityHibs
Lennon also confirmed Dylan is off in the summer. Not the best of nights. Dylan really loved it here Dylan simply couldn’t agree terms.

Changed it for you 👍

Jones28
Pretty clear he's been leaving for a while

Cod Boy
A lot of players here on loan there is a major rebuilding job to be done.

CB_NO3
Wow, never seen that one coming.

Heisenberg
Lennon also confirmed Dylan is off in the summer. Not the best of nights. Dylan really loved it here Hibs simply couldn’t agree terms.

We can’t match what English sides offer. Sad to see him go but wish him the best.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2018, 10:03 PM
Hardly a surprise. Despite the lack of any official announcement, it's been fairly common knowledge for weeks now that he would be off in the summer.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

lord bunberry
09-05-2018, 10:04 PM
Disappointing news. Hibs have good for him, and he walks away for nothing.

One Day Soon
09-05-2018, 10:04 PM
And how is this news exactly?

Billy Whizz
09-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Disappointing news. Hibs have good for him, and he walks away for nothing.

The most important thing is the fans still back the club

rcarter1
09-05-2018, 10:06 PM
What he said..”We aren’t moving in the right direction at the moment. I don’t know what the budget is next season; I don’t even know what the budget is this season. McGeouch is going to leave. We’ve got a bit of surgery to do.”

He - meaning Lennon? This is poor chat. Great season and yet we have a suicidal manager. Odd. These are record breaking crowds we are getting right now,so why are we worrying about budget? I still dont get how Aberdeen seem to have a better budget than us. Their crowds have been significantly lower than ours.

Hmmmm.

Thecat23
09-05-2018, 10:07 PM
He - meaning Lennon? This is poor chat. Great season and yet we have a suicidal manager. Odd. These are record breaking crowds we are getting right now,so why are we worrying about budget? I still dont get how Aberdeen seem to have a better budget than us. Their crowds have been significantly lower than ours.

Hmmmm.

I could be wrong but hasn’t Aberdeen got some American guy throwing money at them just now?

Beefster
Just when the more emorional amongst us needed even more reason to descend into hysteria...

Thecat23

100% this.

lord bunberry
09-05-2018, 10:08 PM
Agreed. The more season tickets we sell the better, but the aftermath of tonight’s game won’t help that.

Jim44
09-05-2018, 10:08 PM

It’s a pity that tonight’s result prompted Lennon to wear his heart on his sleeve. What he said is probably fact but his timing is questionable given the game on Sunday. I can’t see the players lifting themselves now for such a big game.

calumhibee1
09-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Lennon needs to keep the head. He seems to have almost imploded tonight.

Greencore
Why do we just sit back and accept this? hate them or love them (which I doubt) but do you think sevco or celtc would accept this. If we are going to be a force in Scottish football this cannot and will not be acceptable. :confused::confused:

SeanWilson

Hmmmm.

They have a few sevco-Esk millionaire contributors/have benefitted hugely from decent spfl finishes while we've been nowhere. You do realise we operated at a hell of a loss last year!?

macca70
Kick in the teeth for Hibs, who stuck by him through many injuries.

He’ll set himself up financially by moving so can’t blame him but i’m Not sure a move will work out well.

He’s a stand out in our team and chance to make himself a Hibs legend, struggle to break into a new team and he’s back on the scrap heap.

Money talks though!!

Northernhibee
09-05-2018, 10:11 PM

Is that the direct quote?

Considering we didn't know if we were going to be 2nd or 4th (half a million prize money difference) or in Europe, that's wildly disrespectful to Leeann and the club. They've done wonders for our club and I'm sure he'd have more money to spend had we finished 2nd, or not wasted money on Stokes, Matulivicus etc.

Point of no return for me. He's done a good job this season, but that's 100% not on. Thanks for the promotion but I don't think his position is tenable past the remainder of this season.

Beefster
09-05-2018, 10:12 PM
Why do we just sit back and accept this? hate them or love them (which I doubt) but do you think sevco or celtc would accept this. If we are going to be a force in Scottish football this cannot and will not be acceptable. :confused::confused:

If you are talking about players leaving under freedom of contract, I give you David Bates.

DH1875
09-05-2018, 10:13 PM
I could be wrong but hasn’t Aberdeen got some American guy throwing money at them just now?

Dylan wont end up at Aberdeen. That being said, we've known for months that he'd most likely be away so why announce it tonight :confused:.

'
'

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2018, 10:13 PM

He’ll set himself up financially by moving so can’t blame him but i’m Not sure a move will work out well.

He’s a stand out in our team and chance to make himself a Hibs legend, struggle to break into a new team and he’s back on the scrap heap.

Money talks though!!

We’ll get him back on loan when he realises his throw in isn’t long enough and he can’t kick the ball hard enough for the English championship.

Greencore
09-05-2018, 10:14 PM
If you are talking about players leaving under freedom of contract, I give you David Bates.

I accept that, truly I do. but surely we should be making him our number one priority. the club needs cash end off like I've said in other posts would celtc or sevco accept this? well Bates point taken however mceough is 10 times the player Bates is. just simply not acceptable.

Thecat23
09-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Dylan wont end up at Aberdeen. That being said, we've known for months that he'd most likely be away so why announce it tonight :confused:.

'
'

Sorry I wasn’t meaning he’s going there I was commenting on why the dons have more money in general.

Heisenberg
09-05-2018, 10:15 PM

Considering we didn't know if we were going to be 2nd or 4th (half a million prize money difference) or in Europe, that's wildly disrespectful to Leeann and the club. They've done wonders for our club and I'm sure he'd have more money to spend had we finished 2nd, or not wasted money on Stokes, Matulivicus etc.

Point of no return for me. He's done a good job this season, but that's 100% not on. Thanks for the promotion but I don't think his position is tenable past the remainder of this season.

Point of no return? Simmer down a wee bit. I know you don’t like him but c’mon ffs! He’s taken us to fourth in the league. Joint highest SPL points total ever. He’s spoken out of turn in the heat of the moment. He doesn’t like losing like we did tonight. Give him a break.

Thecat23
09-05-2018, 10:16 PM

It’s from Paul Barnes STV.

Smartie

He's clearly made some silly comments but position untenable? Really?

Like a few of us he needs to cool down and work out where to go from here.

I don't think his position is untenable.

Greencore

yep, they do and hibs have...... and sevco have 40,000 fans. we have....

Beefster
09-05-2018, 10:17 PM

Behave. You’ve been itching for an excuse to get back to slagging Lennon off at every opportunity.

Northernhibee
09-05-2018, 10:18 PM

If I was to go to a local newspaper about my employer saying that I didn't know what the perameters of my job were and threatened to leave, you can bet that I'd be hauled into the bosses office the morning after and given the boot. It's the same thing.

Thecat23
09-05-2018, 10:18 PM

Agree, he’s clearly said things in the heat of the moment. I’d be delighted if he’s here come start of the new season.

Johnny_Leith
09-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Good luck to him, would love to see Fraser Murray given a chance to replace him.

Northernhibee
09-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Behave. You’ve been itching for an excuse to get back to slagging Lennon off at every opportunity.
:faf: The last few months I've had nothing but praise for him as he's been doing a fantastic job.

Today he's been an absolute catastrophe though.

cabbageandribs1875
09-05-2018, 10:20 PM

:agree: even started a thread recently saying lennon had won him over :greengrin one bad night and the new love has gone

Smartie
09-05-2018, 10:20 PM
:faf: The last few months I've had nothing but praise for him as he's been doing a fantastic job.

Today he's been an absolute catastrophe though.

He's had a very bad day at the office, but he doesn't have many.

TrinityHibs
09-05-2018, 10:21 PM
If I was to go to a local newspaper about my employer saying that I didn't know what the perameters of my job were and threatened to leave, you can bet that I'd be hauled into the bosses office the morning after and given the boot. It's the same thing.

Maybe. But you wouldn't be missed :na na:

The Hibee Harp
09-05-2018, 10:23 PM

Money talks though!!

He is already a Hibs legend. Nothing he does now changes that.

Swedish hibee
09-05-2018, 10:25 PM
Not suprised. Is anyone?

macca70
09-05-2018, 10:32 PM
He is already a Hibs legend. Nothing he does now changes that.

Legend? No chance!! Great player that we’ve supported through some tough times for him but not even close to legend status.

stoneyburn hibs
09-05-2018, 10:34 PM
Legend? No chance!! Great player that we’ve supported through some tough times for him but not even close to legend status.

Honestly, he is a legend.

Lee Marvin
09-05-2018, 10:36 PM

Scottish cup winner = legend

Heisenberg

Scottish Cup Winner = Legend.

Sir David Gray

So a player who was part of the first Hibs team to lift the Scottish Cup in 114 years isn't a club legend?

I've seen some utter nonsense spouted on here tonight but that takes the biscuit.

Have a serious word with yourself.

Brightside
09-05-2018, 10:47 PM
He was the best player on the park tonight. We are losing a cracking player.

neil7908
09-05-2018, 10:48 PM
I'd be leaving Dylan out on Sunday. Not a punishment but we need to plan for next season and Slivka, Swanson and even Bartley deserve a chance to show what they can do.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2018, 10:50 PM

Yep he will be extremely difficult to replace. I will be pleasantly surprised if we bring in someone of similar ability in the summer.

Hibeewilly
09-05-2018, 10:54 PM
The strange thing he said is that he doesn't know what the budget is "this year weird. Hopefully Lenny will be here next year

Radium
09-05-2018, 11:03 PM
The strange thing he said is that he doesn't know what the budget is "this year weird. Hopefully Lenny will be here next year

It may be that the original budget was set but he was given more due to better results (league cup semi), season Tickets and continued support from HSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shetlandhibee
09-05-2018, 11:09 PM
I'd be leaving Dylan out on Sunday. Not a punishment but we need to plan for next season and Slivka, Swanson and even Bartley deserve a chance to show what they can do.
really? you wouldnt set out your strongest 11 to go out and attack a pretty ordinary rankers that just lost 5--0 to the team we beat the week before?? things go right on the night we could quite easy be 3 up by half time IMO .. go into the 2nd half in that scenario you never know? thats what i want and at the very least give them a good beating ..:agree:

I'm Spartacus
09-05-2018, 11:24 PM
I just wonder where he'll end up. He recently bought a new house in South Queensferry with the wife and kid, but I guess that means nothing as the life of a footballer always involves multiple moves. Hanlon lives along the road from him in Kirkliston but he was always signing a new deal, I just think buying when you don't plan on staying is a strange one.

jeffers
10-05-2018, 12:17 AM

I get that you rate him, but no he wasn't. He was probably one of our better players tonight but considering how poor the rest were it didn't take much.

Pete
10-05-2018, 01:50 AM

You seem to pipe up with all manner of weird and wonderful statements when we get beat but this tops the lot.

LustForLeith
10-05-2018, 05:19 AM
Dylan was away way before tonight, McGinn will probably go too down south.

JimBHibees
10-05-2018, 05:44 AM
:agree: even started a thread recently saying lennon had won him over :greengrin one bad night and the new love has gone

Love is so fickle. :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2018, 06:54 AM
Agree, he’s clearly said things in the heat of the moment. I’d be delighted if he’s here come start of the new season.So would I but he needs to grow up a bit TC and he should also be taking his share of the blame for last night...he got it wrong...not for the 1st time at Tiny. That outburst is like a spoilt child not getting his own way...how can he expect the players to perform.for him on Sunday with an outburst like that
...ridiculous imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

neil7908
10-05-2018, 06:57 AM
really? you wouldnt set out your strongest 11 to go out and attack a pretty ordinary rankers that just lost 5--0 to the team we beat the week before?? things go right on the night we could quite easy be 3 up by half time IMO .. go into the 2nd half in that scenario you never know? thats what i want and at the very least give them a good beating ..:agree:

I'm prepared to stick my neck out and say there is not a hope in hell of us finishing ahead of Sevco. We need to be planning for next season already which will almost certainly come very early given the chances of us being in Europe.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 09:57 AM
So would I but he needs to grow up a bit TC and he should also be taking his share of the blame for last night...he got it wrong...not for the 1st time at Tiny. That outburst is like a spoilt child not getting his own way...how can he expect the players to perform.for him on Sunday with an outburst like that
...ridiculous imo

Wasn’t the best thing to say after a derby he should just kept these things to himself until the season is finished. If he wants to go though that’s his call I hope not myself as I think he can push on again next season.

But he does need to cut out a lot of stuff that makes him look and sound a bit silly. He got it wrong just hold up your hands and move on.

calumhibee1
10-05-2018, 10:04 AM

When I think about the game as a whole I think there’s absolutely no chance of us beating Rangers 6-0. Which there’s not. But when you think about it in a “could we go a couple of goals up early doors?” Yes. Could we get another before HT? Yes. Could we get another before the hour mark? Yes. Could we get another 2 in the last half hour when the pressures on them and they’re dropping deeper and deeper? Yes.

And then reality hits. We won’t beat Rangers 6-0 on Sunday :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
10-05-2018, 10:06 AM
Wasn’t the best thing to say after a derby he should just kept these things to himself until the season is finished. If he wants to go though that’s his call I hope not myself as I think he can push on again next season.

But he does need to cut out a lot of stuff that makes him look and sound a bit silly. He got it wrong just hold up your hands and move on.100% agreed mate - like you I Hope he stays but if he does indeed want to go - we move on

JOD
10-05-2018, 10:14 AM
On giving more thought this morning.

You know what I think he was having a pop at the board.

At the back of his mind he probably thinks the offer to Dylan should have been better.

He then sees what he could be left to work with next season bearing in mind who else could

leave and sees not much hope of progressing the team further. It was a great chance to be 2nd.

Add to that last night's performance and hey ho ---- his outburst.

Timing could have been better but it is his way. He wears his heart ( wrong word ) on his sleeve.

He is what he is !!

Still a great manager for us thou :aok:

chrisski33
10-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Think we wil be ok when Dylan moves on it was coming. Maybe hes played well this season to get a move. Weve done good with stokes gone we will so without Dylan. Just a shame hes going for zero after the club have helped with his injuries

Stokesy's on fire
10-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Sorry I wasn’t meaning he’s going there I was commenting on why the dons have more money in general.

they need to pay for their new sheep home though money will be tight soon

seanoheimhin
10-05-2018, 11:57 AM
Will be really sorry to see Dylan go.

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but how have we gotten to the point where our player of the year is off on a free at the end of the season?

I know we've probably offered him as much as we can and it comes down to his decision in the end, but how did it even get to that point where the options are he signs a new deal or he goes for free?

Just wonder why we weren't we on top of this 12 months ago after promotion, when the club would have had a stronger hand in terms of his contract?

Hope this doesn't play out with any other contracts in the next couple of years.

Beefster
10-05-2018, 12:10 PM

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but how have we gotten to the point where our player of the year is off on a free at the end of the season?

I know we've probably offered him as much as we can and it comes down to his decision in the end, but how did it even get to that point where the options are he signs a new deal or he goes for free?

Just wonder why we weren't we on top of this 12 months ago after promotion, when the club would have had a stronger hand in terms of his contract?

Hope this doesn't play out with any other contracts in the next couple of years.

This time last year a large number of Hibs fans were debating whether McGeouch was worth a wage, given his injury woes. Bit of revisionism going on it seems.

Peevemor
10-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Hope this doesn't play out with any other contracts in the next couple of years.Because 12 months ago he spent as much time out injured as he did playing. I don't think anyone thought we'd get so much from him this season.

One Day Soon
10-05-2018, 12:12 PM
This time last year a large number of Hibs fans were debating whether McGeouch was worth a wage, given his injury woes. Bit of revisionism going on it seems.

Correct.

One Day Soon
10-05-2018, 12:13 PM
Because 12 months ago he spent as much time out injured as he did playing. I don't think anyone thought we'd get so much from him this season.

I'd bet quite a lot that whoever he's off to won't get so much out of him next season either.

w pilton hibby
10-05-2018, 12:13 PM

This time last year there were rumours he had been told if he could find another club he would be free to go!

seanoheimhin
10-05-2018, 12:22 PM

Certainly not revisionism or even criticism, just curious as to how we got to this regrettable position.

Yes, suppose you're right on his status last year. Personally, I've always been a big fan of his and only ever thought injury was what stood in his way, so IMO it would have been a calculated gamble to offer him an extension 12 months ago.

I can understand not offering him a long term deal back then, just a shame we couldn't have worked something out. Oh well, onward and upwards (hopefully)

Is It On....
10-05-2018, 12:29 PM

I agree..I thought we were better after he came on. He will be a miss but I am sure the club will have been looking at other players in the midfield area, especially since Scott Allan is here on loan and SJM could also be away in the summer.

scoopyboy
10-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Certainly not revisionism or even criticism, just curious as to how we got to this regrettable position.

Yes, suppose you're right on his status last year. Personally, I've always been a big fan of his and only ever thought injury was what stood in his way, so IMO it would have been a calculated gamble to offer him an extension 12 months ago.

I can understand not offering him a long term deal back then, just a shame we couldn't have worked something out. Oh well, onward and upwards (hopefully)

Nothing to say he would have signed a deal 12 months ago though, it was maybe always in his mind to leave once he had done his three year stint.

Hedlund12
10-05-2018, 01:17 PM
This time last year there were rumours he had been told if he could find another club he would be free to go!

I don't think this was just rumours. I'm maybe mixing Dylan's situ up with someone else but I thought I'd read that if Dylan found another club he was free to leave/go?

I think NL was peed off with Dylan's injuries and indicated that if Dylan couldn't keep himself fit.. he was free to leave?

I think the relationship with NL and Dylan could be one of the many reasons Dylan has made the decision to move on. (I'm not saying it's bad... I just don't think it's as good a relationship as he has with other players),

When Dylan was back to performing at his best ... in a Hibs TV interview..he publically thanked all those who'd helped him. He mentioned Snodgrass for putting him in touch with a specialist, he thanked the medical team at ER for "keeping him on the pitch". He said he loved his time at Hibs and had a great relationship with the fans and club.

He didn't single out the manager for anything apart from mentioning his and the managers "frustration" 're his injuries.

I've enjoyed watching Dylan in this Hibs team. I've said it before and I'll say it again ... I'll be sorry to see him go but I get that he's got to do what's best for him.

Good luck Dylan.

shetlandhibee
10-05-2018, 03:15 PM
I'm prepared to stick my neck out and say there is not a hope in hell of us finishing ahead of Sevco. We need to be planning for next season already which will almost certainly come very early given the chances of us being in Europe.i think your prob right, but it shouldnt take away from the fact however slim it might be that we should go for it against them no? like i said even if which we prob will fall short,, but gave them a damn good beating 3-0 4-0 it would be a fantastic way to end a good season back in the premiership, plus we,d smash or spl points record(ano reason to go strong on sunday) plus( sorry if i seem to be going on but i think i have valid points)do we know for sure if neil lennons even going to be here next season ? with the comments by NL in last 24 hours,, i would be very surprized if neil would wants to see players for possisions next season till the board meeting next week,, he will go as strong as he thinks possible to get a win,, which he should do ,, IMHO hope hes here next year..:aok:

The Green Goblin
10-05-2018, 03:21 PM
DM has been an excellent player for us. I don’t agree with all this “he owes us because we stuck with him through his injury” nonsense. That is Hibs’ responsibility and part and parcel of his contract. It is a professional obligation. I also don’t think players should necessarily be valued or judged according to whether or not they get the club a load of dosh when they leave. Dylan McGeogh helped win us the Scottish Cup. Put a monetary value on that....

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-05-2018, 03:53 PM
DM has been an excellent player for us. I don’t agree with all this “he owes us because we stuck with him through his injury” nonsense. That is Hibs’ responsibility and part and parcel of his contract. It is a professional obligation. I also don’t think players should necessarily be valued or judged according to whether or not they get the club a load of dosh when they leave. Dylan McGeogh helped win us the Scottish Cup. Put a monetary value on that....

👏👏👏

Dylan is a Hibernian FC legend and goes with my best wishes (providing he doesn't join a rival)

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-05-2018, 04:24 PM

But he does need to cut out a lot of stuff that makes him look and sound a bit silly. He got it wrong just hold up your hands and move on.

:agree:

Franck Stanton
10-05-2018, 05:13 PM
On giving more thought this morning.

You know what I think he was having a pop at the board.

At the back of his mind he probably thinks the offer to Dylan should have been better.

He then sees what he could be left to work with next season bearing in mind who else could

leave and sees not much hope of progressing the team further. It was a great chance to be 2nd.

Add to that last night's performance and hey ho ---- his outburst.

Timing could have been better but it is his way. He wears his heart ( wrong word ) on his sleeve.

He is what he is !!

Still a great manager for us thou :aok:

nail - hit - head. Well said, agree with every word.

Onion
11-05-2018, 02:17 AM

Don't see that. On both occasion he signed for us, it took a lot to get the deal over the line. I've always seen him as a "reluctant player' who'd prefer to be elsewhere. Not surprised he's moving on and probably no bad thing. Hibs supportered him amazingly well through multiple injuries and we've had 1 season of pay-back. Let's call it quits and move on.

Brooster
11-05-2018, 05:39 AM
McGeoch is leaving because of Lennon. Cant face working with him any longer.

Beefster
11-05-2018, 05:52 AM

I thought you were better than that tbh. Deliberate attempt to stir up *****, whip folk into an even bigger frenzy and make out Lennon is a problem at the club.

I’d put money on a drip, drip, drip stream of stuff against Lennon now. Depressing as **** after the season we’ve just had.

Heisenberg
11-05-2018, 05:57 AM

I’m sure it’s absolutely nothing to do with him most likely quadrupling his wages and getting the chance to test himself in England right enough.

Also, how have we managed to do so well this season if Lennon is so utterly horrible to work with? Whatever he’s been doing it’s working. Hope he keeps it up.

JimBHibees
11-05-2018, 05:57 AM
I thought you were better than that tbh. Deliberate attempt to stir up *****, whip folk into an even bigger frenzy and make out Lennon is a problem at the club.

I’d put money on a drip, drip, drip stream of stuff against Lennon now. Depressing as **** after the season we’ve just had.

Totally agree great timing not. Looks like some have been feverishly waiting on this moment to pile in as they have had nothing at all to moan about otherwise. The manager didn't have his best night during the week however he should be majorly in credit given the form of the team which lets be clear has been one of the best in watching Hibs in over 40 years. Obviously not good enough for some.

Brooster
11-05-2018, 06:30 AM

Fair point but not a deliberate attempt to stir things. You know I dont bullzhit. I have it on good authority that the catalyst for McGeoch looking elsewhere was his relationship with Lennon. Whether thats an innapropriate comment to make at this point or not is open to opinion.

J-C
11-05-2018, 06:40 AM
Fair point but not a deliberate attempt to stir things. You know I dont bullzhit. I have it on good authority that the catalyst for McGeoch looking elsewhere was his relationship with Lennon. Whether thats an innapropriate comment to make at this point or not is open to opinion.

I've also heard this and it applies to a few other players also, Lennon can be volatile which can make relationship with players strained at times, plus he allows Efe to still get away with murder 're late training and not turning up at club events.

pacoluna
11-05-2018, 06:51 AM
I've also heard this and it applies to a few other players also, Lennon can be volatile which can make relationship with players strained at times, plus he allows Efe to still get away with murder 're late training and not turning up at club events.
Hibs have their best season in years and yet you still get a minority of posters posting absolute dross like this. Absolutely pathetic.

Tell me who is unhappy?

McGeouch - player of the season..
Hanlon - signed new contract and given captains armband
McGinn - continued progress at club and international level.
Danny Swanson - decided to stay when he had other options
McGregor - played almost every minute when available
Boyle - signed new contract and been highly praised by Lennon
Maclaren - brought in, scored goals and now back in Australias thoughts
Kamberi - brought in played every minute and scored goals
Marciano - signed most probably because of Lennon

Please tell me what players you have been told have had a strained relationship with Lennon.

Smartie
11-05-2018, 07:08 AM
The players don't need to like him.

If any of them have any sense (which fortunately the vast majority appear to) then they'll recognise what he's managed to get out of them.

It's not like Terry Butcher, who was a dick to them and caused them to down tools.

Brooster
11-05-2018, 07:10 AM
The players don't need to like him.

If any of them have any sense (which fortunately the vast majority appear to) then they'll recognise what he's managed to get out of them.

It's not like Terry Butcher, who was a dick to them and caused them to down tools.

Yes. Absolutely spot on.

neil7908
11-05-2018, 07:11 AM
Totally agree great timing not. Looks like some have been feverishly waiting on this moment to pile in as they have had nothing at all to moan about otherwise. The manager didn't have his best night during the week however he should be majorly in credit given the form of the team which lets be clear has been one of the best in watching Hibs in over 40 years. Obviously not good enough for some.

To be fair, suggestions of players being unhappy isn't new. I've read a few bits and pieces saying similar so I don't think this is out of the blue.

And the two posters have both been on the site a long time so I don't think their deliberately stirring, just passing on what they have heard. Which is one of the things I suspect most of folk use this site for.

And ultimately this wholesale negative feeling has been amplified massively by Lennon's comments.

One Day
11-05-2018, 07:15 AM
Its amazing what stories one bad result can bring out

Smartie
11-05-2018, 07:18 AM

I know.

Very fine margins at play here - I wonder how unhappy all the players, fans and management team would be right now if we'd scabbed an equaliser at the end of Wednesday's game?

The Falcon
11-05-2018, 07:19 AM

Which basically means that he wanted more than we offered/could afford for him to stay. Delete as appropriate but likely the latter. The club has been in this position many times and when a player performs well its now, sadly, inevitable. We move on.

Jim44
11-05-2018, 07:33 AM
It’s shaping up for a frenzied close season. Disappointing, considering the high points of this season. Players might be leaving, manager might be leaving but the one important thing that’s a constant ....... the club will still be here and we’ll be supporting it.

Speedy
11-05-2018, 07:41 AM

He's been our most important player since the first time Allan was here.

He's never quite received the credit externally until this season so unlike the McGill situation we didn't really have an opportunity to cash in last year.

Injuries would've hampered that as well, and would have been a big factor in what we were willing/able to offer last year.

Good luck to him wherever he goes.

jakedance
11-05-2018, 07:45 AM
If Dylan or anyone else leaves we’ll make new signings to replace them. Some will be better, some will be worse. Our recruitment has been pretty good recently so I’m not too worried. It’s more of a concern if Lennon leaves but even then I think Leeann Dempster knows what she’s doing. If she leaves, well then we’re actually ****ed.

chrisski33
11-05-2018, 07:48 AM

Load of tosh

Brooster
11-05-2018, 07:51 AM
Load of tosh

You obviously know better.

J-C
11-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Hibs have their best season in years and yet you still get a minority of posters posting absolute dross like this. Absolutely pathetic.

Tell me who is unhappy?

McGeouch - player of the season..
Hanlon - signed new contract and given captains armband
McGinn - continued progress at club and international level.
Danny Swanson - decided to stay when he had other options
McGregor - played almost every minute when available
Boyle - signed new contract and been highly praised by Lennon
Maclaren - brought in, scored goals and now back in Australias thoughts
Kamberi - brought in played every minute and scored goals
Marciano - signed most probably because of Lennon

Please tell me what players you have been told have had a strained relationship with Lennon.

Like most posts on any thread it's rumours from people who have contacts, I have no info on names just what I was told by someone with inside info in the club, it may not be too many players just 2-3 bur we know Lennon can be volatile and that type of management isn't for everyone. Re Hanlon, signed because he loves the club, Danny stayed because he's a massive Hibby and had a point to prove, McGinn is a top pro and just gets on with it, Boyle loves the club and supporters.
The players love his passion and his winning mentality and have bought into it but his moods can be hard to get on with at times, some players struggle with that, it's human nature.

I'm Spartacus
11-05-2018, 03:05 PM
It might be on this thread but I can't be bothered reading all the posts.

I'm told Dylan has signed a pre-contract with Blackburn.

ancient hibee
11-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Turnbull’s Tornadoes are rightly lauded frequently on here even by people who never saw them.There were three kinds of players in that squad-those that hated Turnbull,those that feared Turnbull ,and those that feared and hated Turnbull.They played the best level of football seen since the Famous Five.

snooky
11-05-2018, 03:25 PM

:agree: One wee bump and, to some folk, all the wheels appear to have dropped off the wagon.
:confused:

WhileTheChief..
11-05-2018, 03:31 PM
Like most posts on any thread it's rumours from people who have contacts, I have no info on names just what I was told by someone with inside info in the club, it may not be too many players just 2-3 bur we know Lennon can be volatile and that type of management isn't for everyone. Re Hanlon, signed because he loves the club, Danny stayed because he's a massive Hibby and had a point to prove, McGinn is a top pro and just gets on with it, Boyle loves the club and supporters.
The players love his passion and his winning mentality and have bought into it but his moods can be hard to get on with at times, some players struggle with that, it's human nature.

Does it matter too much if a few of the players don’t get on great with him?

He’s their boss, not their mate.

Up until Wednesday morning everything was perfectly fine and no one was posting rumours about unhappy players or an unsettled squad.

If anything, there’s been constant praise all season for the togetherness of the squad and how good Lennon has been for them.

24 hours later and it all starts to come out??

A Hi-Bee
11-05-2018, 03:38 PM
Turnbull’s Tornadoes are rightly lauded frequently on here even by people who never saw them.There were three kinds of players in that squad-those that hated Turnbull,those that feared Turnbull ,and those that feared and hated Turnbull.They played the best level of football seen since the Famous Five.

Got to agree with this one, the manager is there to manage he is not their to be a best friend.

jeffers
11-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Does it matter too much if a few of the players don’t get on great with him?

He’s their boss, not their mate.

Up until Wednesday morning everything was perfectly fine and no one was posting rumours about unhappy players or an unsettled squad.

If anything, there’s been constant praise all season for the togetherness of the squad and how good Lennon has been for them.

24 hours later and it all starts to come out??

TBF to Brooster he's only posted what he did after NL stated McGeouch was leaving.

I was surprised by NL's comments about McGeouch at the AGM, I have no idea if McGeouch got on with NL or not, but I can't imagine he would have been happy with them.