PDA

View Full Version : 1st Season Back: Probably into Europe + 17 points ahead of the Poppy Thieves - Superb

One Day Soon
09-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Not much hasn't been brilliant this season and there's no doubt Neil Lennon has demanding standards that will see us improve again next season.

I'll take top 4, into Europe and 17 points ahead of the Poppy Thieves every year please Neil. :not worth

JeMeSouviens
09-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Agreed but delighted that NL isn’t satisfied tonight. Hump Sevco and we can happily reflect on a great first season back up.

danhibees1875
09-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Throw in a Hampden trip and I'd go as far as to say we've had a not bad season.

As noted above, good to see Lennon is hungry for more though. :agree:

Ryan69
09-05-2018, 09:18 PM
6-0 win against Der Hun...and 3rd is ours. :)

One Day Soon
09-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Agreed but delighted that NL isn’t satisfied tonight. Hump Sevco and we can happily reflect on a great first season back up.

We're in the same place on this one brother. And I tell you what, I think Sunday will be a cracker. We've nothing to lose, they're down two suspensions and we are a much, much better side.

Winning six nil is a huge challenge but score early on and it will be a lot of fun.

How much do Hearts need to win by to get into Europe?

JeMeSouviens
09-05-2018, 09:21 PM
We're in the same place on this one brother. And I tell you what, I think Sunday will be a cracker. We've nothing to lose, they're down two suspensions and we are a much, much better side.

Winning six nil is a huge challenge but score early on and it will be a lot of fun.

How much do Hearts need to win by to get into Europe?

Once they get their 14 snookers they’re right back in it.

09-05-2018, 09:24 PM
It’s only just beginning

hibIBZ
09-05-2018, 09:24 PM
Really disappointed tonight but, first season back up, 4th place, probably Europe if the cup final goes to plan, solid performance in a cup semi, some other great wins including 2 at Ibrox... it’s not been too bad a year really, let’s get a win on Sunday

One Day Soon
09-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Once they get their 14 snookers they’re right back in it.

Belter. :not worth

Broken Gnome
09-05-2018, 09:34 PM
Saw off a Twitter account last night that we haven't been bottom six this season for even a single week.

Individual games like tonight hurt like hell, but pushing 70 points is the greater achievement and is more than enough to counter the low points.

DH1875
09-05-2018, 10:14 PM
It’s only just beginning

Really hope your right :pray:.

wookie70
09-05-2018, 10:47 PM
Good season but a wee bit of a pity about the way it has now fizzled out. Slightly above par in the league, above par in the league cup and below par in the Scottish Cup. Some excellent performances and results and some honking ones. Some good signings and some very average ones.

If Lennon stays then the same again will be fine by me but he will have a much harder task next year as he will probably be doing it without the heart of the team. Interesting to see if his talk about leaving is a tactic to get a bigger budget, just being a bad loser or a realisation that next season will be harder than this one and it might be a good time to bow out. Struggling to see any positives in his comments.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Good season but it’s so frustrating that it could have been better. The best teams demand more of themselves and we should be doing that. We pissed about with a system that has saw us unbeaten for weeks to worry about Hearts tonight and ultimately it has cost us, it’s a shame a bad night at the office for players and manager will see the seasons end as a bit of a damp squib.

CathroMustStay
09-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Not much hasn't been brilliant this season and there's no doubt Neil Lennon has demanding standards that will see us improve again next season.

I'll take top 4, into Europe and 17 points ahead of the Poppy Thieves every year please Neil. :not worth

Amen.

Let's beat Sevco and finish the season off nicely with 69 points.

:nlgwa

Baader
09-05-2018, 11:00 PM
To say our season has 'fizzled out' in the penultimate match with the chance of finishing second is testament to how much we've improved. Remember when it used to be all but over in January? :flag:

G B Young
10-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Throw in an enjoyable and free-scoring League Cup campaign plus a Youth League and Cup double...it's been a terrific season for the club.

Dalianwanda
10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
I'd say we can all talk about Europe now as its no longer in our hands (well mathmatically it is but realistically it's not)...Dissappointed, but I'd much rather be in a position to be disappointed with 4th place than no where near it & playing for nothing. Team/club have been great this year & we just fell a bit short of making it amazing. We are in a great place to move forward & I'm already excited about whats to come next season. :flag:

patlowe
10-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Good season but a wee bit of a pity about the way it has now fizzled out. Slightly above par in the league, above par in the league cup and below par in the Scottish Cup. Some excellent performances and results and some honking ones. Some good signings and some very average ones.

If Lennon stays then the same again will be fine by me but he will have a much harder task next year as he will probably be doing it without the heart of the team. Interesting to see if his talk about leaving is a tactic to get a bigger budget, just being a bad loser or a realisation that next season will be harder than this one and it might be a good time to bow out. Struggling to see any positives in his comments.

A record points total and (probable) European qualification is well above par in the league. When you take into account where we have come from (and our recent to long history of underachievement) I'd say it's been an outstanding season.

flash
10-05-2018, 11:56 AM

A summation of the season i would expect to read from a journalist with no real interest in Hibs.

TAHibby
10-05-2018, 12:07 PM
Should Celtic win the cup and we finish 4th, we would enter European qualifying in the round after 2nd and 3rd place? I seem to remember this happened in 2013. It just seems odd that in this scenario where 4th place is given a spot that we would enter at a later round.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Should Celtic win the cup and we finish 4th, we would enter European qualifying in the round after 2nd and 3rd place? I seem to remember this happened in 2013. It just seems odd that in this scenario where 4th place is given a spot that we would enter at a later round.

2nd and 3rd will enter AFTER us, infact possibly 3rd would enter same round as us..... i could be wrong though :greengrin

this is of course assuming sellick beat murrawell, but there's probably a few on here that will be wanting murrawell to win

rcarter1
10-05-2018, 12:23 PM

I agree that its been a really good season back, lots of good results and 4th is actually a really sound achievement. :aok:

Big_Franck
10-05-2018, 12:47 PM
It's been a great season and last night's result won't change that. I was really annoyed at the result last night but looking at it calmly now, with a bit of perspective, it's been a great season.

If you'd offered us 4th, European qualification (almost guaranteed), another trip to Hampden and being absolutely miles ahead of hearts at the start of the season the vast, vast majority of us would have taken that. Bring on the Europa League draw I say :greengrin

G B Young
10-05-2018, 12:47 PM
A summation of the season i would expect to read from a journalist with no real interest in Hibs.

Indeed. This 'fizzled out' chat is nonsense and has an echo of Moira Gordon's Scotsman report today where she writes:

"...leaving Hibs out of contention for second place in the Premiership and needing to beat Rangers by a hatful of goals on Sunday to even salvage third."

As though 'salvaging third' would represent a dismal season! As I've said on another thread, who can remember the last time we were in the top flight and fighting for second spot right up until the end of the season?? 'Fizzling out' would apply to a season that started well before heading south around January/February as so many Hibs sides have often been guilty of.

Bottom line, I reckon every Hibs fan would have taken fourth before the season started. I certainly regard that as a very fine achievement and it's testament to Lennon's belief in what this club can achieve that he's so disappointed not to finish higher.

Doh Rae Me
10-05-2018, 12:52 PM
Yesterday's result has Potter staying put, Hibs in 4th with, realistically, European football getting played at Easter Rd next season.
All good here.
GGTTH
God bless Neil Lennon.

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2018, 12:58 PM
2nd and 3rd will enter AFTER us, infact possibly 3rd would enter same round as us..... i could be wrong though :greengrin

this is of course assuming sellick beat murrawell, but there's probably a few on here that will be wanting murrawell to win

You are wrong. If M'well win cup they enter one round after 2nd and 3rd league places. If Celtic win cup, 2nd in league enters one round after 3rd and 4th.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2018, 04:21 PM
You are wrong. If M'well win cup they enter one round after 2nd and 3rd league places. If Celtic win cup, 2nd in league enters one round after 3rd and 4th.

poster didn't ask about motherwell winning, just celtic, i then added 3rd might actually enter the same round as 4th....so you've just confirmed what i said :greengrin, therefore NOT wrong

Sir David Gray
10-05-2018, 05:52 PM

2nd would start in the 2nd qualifying round if Celtic win the cup. Us and Aberdeen/Rangers would start in the 1st qualifying round.

If Motherwell win the cup, they will start in the 2nd qualifying round and 2nd and 3rd would start in the 1st qualifying round.

JeMeSouviens
10-05-2018, 06:03 PM
poster didn't ask about motherwell winning, just celtic, i then added 3rd might actually enter the same round as 4th....so you've just confirmed what i said :greengrin, therefore NOT wrong

Read it again. Yes you’re right. Ma heid’s puggled. Soz.