PDA

View Full Version : The saddest part of tonights result is.....

mutley
09-05-2018, 09:03 PM
For me, it now makes Sunday a bit of a non-game (OH before I continue, I'll still be there and still hope to beat Der Hun), but i was really looking forward to the last game of the season to be the fight for 2nd spot.

I now hope that Celtc win the cup to give us a Euro slot.

It's really weird because I didn't expect us to take any points from Celtc, but here we are, now in 4th due to a loss at tiny-castle!

gaz1875
09-05-2018, 09:06 PM
Hopefully a couple of quick goals and the place will be rocking....you never know in football.

givescotlandfreedom
09-05-2018, 09:08 PM
We can still stop the hun from getting second. That's it

Mantis Toboggan
09-05-2018, 09:09 PM
The saddest part of tonight is that Hearts fans are celebrating yet they are 17 points behind us and we are almost certainly in Europe. Imagine that.

Bristolhibby
09-05-2018, 09:10 PM

This. Them getting second validates their orthodoxy, the return to the status quo. **** that!

Mon the Hibees!

J

xyz23jc
09-05-2018, 09:12 PM
Any win will do me, end the season on a high after tonight's downer. Cheers Craigs, thanks again for your contributions to the beautiful game!!!

xyz23jc
09-05-2018, 09:13 PM

That's the Jambo spirit, like it!!! :greengrin

JohnM1875
09-05-2018, 09:13 PM
The saddest part for me is I still can't understand how we're so bad at Tynie?! Like, always! They are NOT a good team but we can never seem to beat them at that joke of a stadium.

guthrie01
09-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Hopefully a couple of quick goals and the place will be rocking....you never know in football.

This, Rangers are missing 2 key players and don't have much fight in them right now. Like you said if we can really use our home advantage and press them for 90 minutes we can still take 3rd off them.

Up to Lennon and the players to step up after tonight's mess and reward themselves after such a good 1st season back with a top 3 place

K.Marx
09-05-2018, 09:17 PM
The saddest part for me is I still can't understand how we're so bad at Tynie?! Like, always! They are NOT a good team but we can never seem to beat them at that joke of a stadium.

It’s baffling. No matter what system we try or how we approach the game we always struggle to impose ourselves

Onion
09-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Any other permutation of last night and tonight's matches would have made Sunday worthwhile. What's the point of Hibs players busting a gut on Sunday ? Only Sevco can get anything out of the match. Very disappointing outcome.

Baader
09-05-2018, 09:21 PM
The saddest part of tonight is that Hearts fans are celebrating yet they are 17 points behind us and we are almost certainly in Europe. Imagine that.

Spot on. Let's put this in perspective. It has been a very good season and we need to show the players that.

erin go bragh
09-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Need to beat them by six goals . Early couple and you never say never . :greengrin
Still been a fantastic season .

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 09:58 PM

And we would do exactly the same

Sir David Gray
09-05-2018, 10:01 PM
Huge anti-climax for Sunday now. I have been looking forward to this game ever since the fixtures came out and I fully expected it to mean something.

The fact that it's almost certainly a "dead" game is rather gutting.

Mantis Toboggan
09-05-2018, 10:07 PM
And we would do exactly the same

And it would be just as sad

norhfc
09-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Thing is, how is Lennon gonna get the players up for this game when he’s threatening to leave. He just made a bad night a bit of a nightmare with that bombshell, right after a derby defeat it’s unforgivable, thought he looked a bit out of sorts going by the tv pictures, having a go at Hanlon was unprofessional.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 10:28 PM
And it would be just as sad

And we would still laugh and celebrate

Mantis Toboggan
09-05-2018, 10:30 PM
And we would still laugh and celebrate

Let it go

Since90+2
09-05-2018, 10:33 PM
This, Rangers are missing 2 key players and don't have much fight in them right now. Like you said if we can really use our home advantage and press them for 90 minutes we can still take 3rd off them.

Up to Lennon and the players to step up after tonight's mess and reward themselves after such a good 1st season back with a top 3 place

Are you at the wind up? We are not going to beat Rangers by 6 goals :faf:

Steve20
09-05-2018, 10:35 PM
No one can think we will score 6. Stop it right now.

It’s a non game for us now. But let’s not forget that it’s been a good first season back. Not great but good.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 10:38 PM
Let it go

I have we lost they celebrate i got over it you should try to aswell

Leithenhibby
09-05-2018, 10:42 PM

I'm with you, it's a massive ask, most will say impossible, but if you think for a minute I'm chucking it then you don't know me.

GGTTH

I'm Spartacus
10-05-2018, 11:44 AM
If there's one team that are bad enough to ship 5 goals, it's SevCo.
If there's one Manager that will die trying, it's Lennon.

Get into them, nothing to lose.

flash
10-05-2018, 11:51 AM
It's not a "non game" for me. Just like the Hertz last night did to us we can ruin the end of the season for The Rangers.

It's not what we hoped to be playing for but it's certainly not nothing.

WeeRussell
10-05-2018, 01:14 PM
It's not a "non game" for me. Just like the Hertz last night did to us we can ruin the end of the season for The Rangers.

It's not what we hoped to be playing for but it's certainly not nothing.

:agree:

I will admit that a lot of my excitement that's been building up for Sunday has now been deflated, and I guess that'll be the general atmosphere as well. But a league game against this lot never means nothing.. and if we can be the difference between them finishing a place higher, bring it on.