PDA

View Full Version : Loser Levein

Baader
09-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Fist pumping at full time likes he's won the league. Try winning something in your 35 year career ya p#1@k. Loser.

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2018, 08:49 PM
He won the derby. Cant blame him

mutley
09-05-2018, 08:57 PM
He won his job as manager for a little bit longer!

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Hearts fan, managing his team, winning a derby

I dislike him as much as the rest but that’s how any of us would react

But that’s the highlight of his year

We’ve got bigger aspersions

We’ll be back bigger and better next year

Centre Hawf
09-05-2018, 08:59 PM
He won a derby. I’d expect Neil to be doing the same.

gillythehibby
09-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Course he's happy. They've just won which made their whole season worth while.

hibee92
09-05-2018, 09:00 PM
I suppose when he wins against his lifetime rivals he’s to walk away all sad because he’s never won a trophy.

Onion
09-05-2018, 09:12 PM
Small man, small mind in charge of a wee team 17 points back. Let him have his 15 mins.

PeeJay
09-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Small man, small mind in charge of a wee team 17 points back. Let him have his 15 mins.

He did his job and his "wee team" effectively stopped us being able to take 2nd spot .... they have every reason to be celebrating this evening I would think

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Fist pumping at full time likes he's won the league. Try winning something in your 35 year career ya p#1@k. Loser.

He won get over it

TrinityHibs
09-05-2018, 09:21 PM
Keeps him in a job. What’s not to like about that?

Baader
09-05-2018, 09:27 PM
He won get over it

Sorry. Underestimated the goodwill toward the man on here.

Greenbeard
09-05-2018, 09:37 PM
Best comment of the night on BT Sport - commentator to Ally McCoist about Craig Levein "What do you think about the jobbies done?" Didn't hear the answer for pishin' masel laughing.

Jones28
09-05-2018, 09:39 PM

Well he ****ing won tonight didn't he? The game that mattered to us more than most others? Get a grip FFS

Baader
09-05-2018, 09:48 PM
Well he ****ing won tonight didn't he? The game that mattered to us more than most others? Get a grip FFS

Got a grip pal. Don't worry about that. Maybe you missed the bit where I said "like he'd won the league." Levein is obsessed with Hibs. It wasn't about winning a derby it was thinking he'd ruined our season. And he hasn't.

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2018, 10:57 PM
C'mon, this was a game he simply had to win ... Gorgie has been a morgue all season and this was the one straw left for him to clutch at, if not to save his job then at least to throw a damp cloth over the growing calls from the puddle drinkers for Budge to get him tae **** out.

Let him have his moment in the sun ... when he has time to reflect he is still going to have to ask how it is he was able to motivate his team for tonight but cant get them to crawl over the line when it really matters, IE when Europe or silverware is up for grabs.

His obsession with Hibs might be a problem for us ... but its a problem for them too, coz Levin keeps forgetting that you don't win naff all by beating us and clearly takes his eye off the ball when it comes to other games. We can still watch the cup final in 10 days time and know we have a chance of Europe, a decent chance at that. We can still look at the Yams miles behind us in the league as well, all a derby win gets you is three points when all is said and done. I would rather have the season we have had than their mediocre borefest any old day of the week.

Us losing the chance to finish in the top 3 wasn't down to tonight .... a missed Oli Shaw goal, a missed clear as day penalty against the Huns, a ridiculous penalty award at Killie, a missed penalty by us at Pittodrie and perhaps one drawn game too many were far bigger factors.

If tonight did keep that roaster in a job then all I can say is at least there is one thing to be happy about, the thought of the Yams having to watch that turgid pish for at least another season makes me very happy :greengrin

Bobby's Cinema
09-05-2018, 10:58 PM

Good.

GreenCastle
09-05-2018, 10:59 PM
C'mon, this was a game he simply had to win ... Gorgie has been a morgue all season and this was the one straw left for him to clutch at, if not to save his job then at least to throw a damp cloth over the growing calls from the puddle drinkers for Budge to get him tae **** out.

Let him have his moment in the sun ... when he has time to reflect he is still going to have to ask how it is he was able to motivate his team for tonight but cant get them to crawl over the line when it really matters, IE when Europe or silverware is up for grabs.

His obsession with Hibs might be a problem for us ... but its a problem for them too, coz Levin keeps forgetting that you don't win naff all by beating us and clearly takes his eye off the ball when it comes to other games. We can still watch the cup final in 10 days time and know we have a chance of Europe, a decent chance at that. We can still look at the Yams miles behind us in the league as well, all a derby win gets you is three points when all is said and done. I would rather have the season we have had than their mediocre borefest any old day of the week.

Us losing the chance to finish in the top 3 wasn't down to tonight .... a missed Oli Shaw goal, a missed clear as day penalty against the Huns, a ridiculous penalty award at Killie, a missed penalty by us at Pittodrie and perhaps one drawn game too many were far bigger factors.

If tonight did keep that roaster in a job then all I can say is at least there is one thing to be happy about, the thought of the Yams having to watch that turgid pish for at least another season makes me very happy :greengrin

Great post !

Levein for another season cracks me up..he ain’t winning anything with them and won’t be playing fancy football anytime soon.

CathroMustStay
09-05-2018, 11:00 PM

Indeed.

Neil Lennon is a born winner.

Craig Levein is a born loser.

Hibs are going places, Hearts will toil beneath us for many more seasons to come.

Pretty Boy
09-05-2018, 11:10 PM
The guys a total loser and a bottler of epic proportions. When his club depserately needed him he phoned in sick, when his country needed him he failed miserably.

Cowards thrive on self preservation and that's what tonight was for him. He secured a job for next season and beat Hibs in the process; in place of actually winning anything of note it's about as good as he can hope for. No shock he's happy tonight.

jacomo
09-05-2018, 11:12 PM

In a sense, we’re all winners tonight.

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 11:21 PM
The guys a total loser and a bottler of epic proportions. When his club depserately needed him he phoned in sick, when his country needed him he failed miserably.

Cowards thrive on self preservation and that's what tonight was for him. He secured a job for next season and beat Hibs in the process; in place of actually winning anything of note it's about as good as he can hope for. No shock he's happy tonight.

This pish just cracks me up. He was a very very good footballer and a very decent manager. He played for and managed his country something we would all want to do. Okay i really don't like him and don't want him near our club but please dont keep going on about this failure pish without first listing your succsesses.

PS sorry to pick on you but his failure is just silly, we would all love his his failure.

hibees 7062
09-05-2018, 11:27 PM
https://scontent.fbhx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32228763_1337842742982007_5408101774059896832_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeEkmFHgtduaHKE8EcbVMoCOOuj5vNeDlycy rx6ubkOgBTEKKN-b-SJMri5TDlyrk7D2bc7qCp3o2cFkjOY6i9IXR5Bwv2RGICTWvny 1AbnuyQ&oh=9169528582327ffe2c8f64c1571c9b5b&oe=5B570A64

Sammy7nil
09-05-2018, 11:35 PM
https://scontent.fbhx3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/32228763_1337842742982007_5408101774059896832_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeEkmFHgtduaHKE8EcbVMoCOOuj5vNeDlycy rx6ubkOgBTEKKN-b-SJMri5TDlyrk7D2bc7qCp3o2cFkjOY6i9IXR5Bwv2RGICTWvny 1AbnuyQ&oh=9169528582327ffe2c8f64c1571c9b5b&oe=5B570A64

Correct. I think when Hearts used to say that under the sub mariner it was just pathetic if NL said the same he is too.

andybev1
10-05-2018, 12:29 AM
Got a grip pal. Don't worry about that. Maybe you missed the bit where I said "like he'd won the league." Levein is obsessed with Hibs. It wasn't about winning a derby it was thinking he'd ruined our season. And he hasn't.

CL won and is fist pumping and Baader lost and he is doing what most of us do when we lose to people we hate, we swear about their bad side - what Baader is doing is not less understandable, no?

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2018, 01:12 AM

See ..... this is why football gets me really confused.

Not so long ago we were the irrelevance and their only true challenge was Celtic and Oldco Rangers. Now their season has been defined ( nay saved ) because they have knocked us out of the cup, the net result of which to them was half the gate money from a 7,000 crowd at Fir Park and have prevented us from having a shot at 2nd place on the final day, the net result of which to them was to reduce a massive gap of 20 points to 17 points.

Bless em :spammy:

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2018, 01:21 AM
This pish just cracks me up. He was a very very good footballer and a very decent manager. He played for and managed his country something we would all want to do. Okay i really don't like him and don't want him near our club but please dont keep going on about this failure pish without first listing your succsesses.

PS sorry to pick on you but his failure is just silly, we would all love his his failure.

Jeezo, you aren't the first person I've seen say something like this to another poster over the years.

Basically what you are saying is that on a forum where the merits or lack of them of Hibs and their rivals are discussed on a daily basis along with the merits or lack of them of players clubs and managers in the wider football world anybody criticising a player or manager is out of order because in their own personal and / or working lives they may not have achieved anything of note.

If that's the criteria you need to meet to be passing comment on the subject of football and anybody involved in it we might as well all pack it in because you could fit every football fan on the planet who meets that standard onto the one fans forum.

Honestly :faf:

BullsCloseHibs
10-05-2018, 02:24 AM
Keeps him there longer.
Win win situation really.
The man is an utter bell end x100.
We'll be back to haunt them. No question of that.

Jones28
10-05-2018, 05:14 AM

This is sour grapes, if our manager hadby celebrated a Derby win like that we would be asking questions.

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 05:37 AM
Seemed a wee bit more gracious in victory last night. I reckon Budgie had pulled him up over his ill judged comments last time.

Baader
10-05-2018, 06:01 AM
This is sour grapes, if our manager hadby celebrated a Derby win like that we would be asking questions.

A Hibs manager has class though. Not something you can ever level at Levein.

Jones28
10-05-2018, 06:28 AM
A Hibs manager has class though. Not something you can ever level at Levein.

No you couldn't, but I know which one of the two went to bed the happier man last night. We shat the bed at Tynecastle again, just like we did when we could have relegated them and saved ourselves.

Sammy7nil
10-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Jeezo, you aren't the first person I've seen say something like this to another poster over the years.

Basically what you are saying is that on a forum where the merits or lack of them of Hibs and their rivals are discussed on a daily basis along with the merits or lack of them of players clubs and managers in the wider football world anybody criticising a player or manager is out of order because in their own personal and / or working lives they may not have achieved anything of note.

If that's the criteria you need to meet to be passing comment on the subject of football and anybody involved in it we might as well all pack it in because you could fit every football fan on the planet who meets that standard onto the one fans forum.

Honestly :faf:

Sorry your right i should just stick to the script - what a loser he is etc etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
10-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Correct. I think when Hearts used to say that under the sub mariner it was just pathetic if NL said the same he is too.

Did NL say Hearts were an irrelevance though? Or did he just say that the success of his season wasn't entirely determined by derby results?

Crazyhorse
10-05-2018, 08:41 AM
Seemed a wee bit more gracious in victory last night. I reckon Budgie had pulled him up over his ill judged comments last time.

Well the last time he spouted off it came back to bite him but I expect he will be playing to the more pathetic element in the yam gallery again before too long. It's also clear that he was under severe pressure from a large section of their support for his non-football tactics. This win glosses over what a terrible season they have had overall. The team performance/Lennon's tactics let him off the hook last night and gave them a lift in their final game at tiny. I hope we can get our focus back for the sevco game and get a win.

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2018, 09:39 AM
Sorry your right i should just stick to the script - what a loser he is etc etc :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wasn't having a go because you defended Levin's record as a player and manager mate. What you said to the poster you quoted was that he didn't have the right to have a go at Levin because he didn't have as good a record in football ( or perhaps you meant his own personal working life ) as the mighty Mr 4-6-0.

On a football fans message board, doon the pub, or anywhere else that's a ridiculous criteria to apply to a persons right or ability to pass comment on anybody in professional football.

When passing judgment on a player or manager's performance or record the average fan, pretty well every fan lets face it, is making that judgment based on a comparison with either what they know the player is capable of at his best, or in relation to the players peers, or against what other managers and players have achieved in the game .... that judgment is almost always coloured by how likeable or hateful the subject of the comment is when fans comment. Guess which side of that line Levin falls on.

Read your post again and tell me your comment wasn't daft when directed towards any football fan.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 09:46 AM

I wouldn’t love his failure, he’s won nothing and he’s well known for horrific football. Not one medal to his name and for me still one of the worst managers in Scotland. Mans a dinosaur!

G B Young
10-05-2018, 10:04 AM

No question he was a good player but what tangible success has he had as a manager? He was statistically the worst Scotland boss of all time (which takes some doing given how dismal we've been at international level for 20 years) and apart from a couple of European qualifications he's won nothing at club level. His teams are consistently founded on physicality which makes for deeply unattractive football and will only ever take a team so far.

Oh, and as a bloke he comes across as an arrogant, egotiscal bellend. That's got no bearing on his managerial record but I just felt like saying it.

Sammy7nil
10-05-2018, 10:18 AM
No question he was a good player but what tangible success has he had as a manager? He was statistically the worst Scotland boss of all time (which takes some doing given how dismal we've been at international level for 20 years) and apart from a couple of European qualifications he's won nothing at club level. His teams are consistently founded on physicality which makes for deeply unattractive football and will only ever take a team so far.

Oh, and as a bloke he comes across as an arrogant, egotiscal bellend. That's got no bearing on his managerial record but I just felt like saying it.

On your criteria for success 99.9% of all managers are failures CO has done reasonably well as a manger to suggest otherwise is silly. I don't like his style of football and would never want him near Hibs but to constantly ridicule him as a loser is just daft.

Sammy7nil
10-05-2018, 10:20 AM
I wasn't having a go because you defended Levin's record as a player and manager mate. What you said to the poster you quoted was that he didn't have the right to have a go at Levin because he didn't have as good a record in football ( or perhaps you meant his own personal working life ) as the mighty Mr 4-6-0.

On a football fans message board, doon the pub, or anywhere else that's a ridiculous criteria to apply to a persons right or ability to pass comment on anybody in professional football.

When passing judgment on a player or manager's performance or record the average fan, pretty well every fan lets face it, is making that judgment based on a comparison with either what they know the player is capable of at his best, or in relation to the players peers, or against what other managers and players have achieved in the game .... that judgment is almost always coloured by how likeable or hateful the subject of the comment is when fans comment. Guess which side of that line Levin falls on.

Read your post again and tell me your comment wasn't daft when directed towards any football fan.

It wasn't daft it is however daft to ridicule CL's record as a player and manger labelling him as a total loser.

G B Young
10-05-2018, 10:35 AM
On your criteria for success 99.9% of all managers are failures CO has done reasonably well as a manger to suggest otherwise is silly. I don't like his style of football and would never want him near Hibs but to constantly ridicule him as a loser is just daft.

I'm not ridiculing him as a loser (just as a t*sser :wink:) but you initially said he was a very decent manager, which I'm not sure bears scrutiny. As you say, there are plenty of good managers who have never won a trophy and a fair few poor managers who have, but the one-dimensional approach of Levein's teams means they tend to lack that ability to find the little something extra that can make all the difference in a cup tie. Happy to agree that he has, on occasion, done 'reasonably well'.

heretoday
10-05-2018, 12:10 PM
Last night was good in one respect. It's cemented Levein's position for next season. A lot of Hearts fans want rid of him and a younger manager appointed.
Let's see what kind of a mess he can make of things.

NAE NOOKIE
10-05-2018, 04:25 PM
It wasn't daft it is however daft to ridicule CL's record as a player and manger labelling him as a total loser.

It was mate, it really was.

Smartie
10-05-2018, 04:28 PM

I also thought he was fairly dignified and behaved himself better than usual.

It's a shame really, because his nonsense blew up in his face the last time.

Mind that chasm though.

Stranraer
10-05-2018, 05:29 PM

:agree: we've got the possibility of Europe and a win against the big huns on Sunday.

Joe Baker2
10-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Another nightmare season for the Gunts (again). Levein is hanging on by a baw hair. As Lenno says, Hearts are irrelevant.

poolman
10-05-2018, 06:44 PM
Great post !

Levein for another season cracks me up..he ain’t winning anything with them and won’t be playing fancy football anytime soon.

Long may be stay

They suit each other

emerald green
10-05-2018, 06:50 PM
Loser Levein, and anti-football Levein. No wonder the quality of Scottish football is going down the skank with guys like him in charge of one of our larger clubs.

He sends his teams out not to lose, not to entertain, and against football teams like Hibs to kick them off the park. Fouls, time wasting, diving, not retreating at free kicks, kicking the ball away, players moaning constantly at referees (Naismith seems very prominent at this).

Eye bleeding stuff. Who in their right mind buys a season ticket, plus sets up a monthly DD on top, to watch that?

Kato
10-05-2018, 06:57 PM
Who in their right mind buys a season ticket, plus sets up a monthly DD on top, to watch that?

Nobody.

emerald green
10-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Nobody.

:agree: :greengrin

hibee_girl
11-05-2018, 09:51 AM
He’s trying to get rules bent for them, again

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1414746-hearts-make-plea-to-spfl-over-injury-crisis-at-tynecastle/

marinello59
11-05-2018, 09:58 AM

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1414746-hearts-make-plea-to-spfl-over-injury-crisis-at-tynecastle/

It’s not injuries causing his problems, it’s suspensions. That’s what he gets for sending his players out to kick anything that moves. No way can the SFA bend the rules in that situation.

green day
11-05-2018, 10:13 AM

This is the twat that said he relished playing the youngsters.

Well, get on with it ya fanny - it's a dead rubber match anyway as the gorgie galacticos have already sealed 6th spot.

Not In The Know
11-05-2018, 10:24 AM
What a welt!!

"We have loads of players suspended after errr... being dirty bassas all season so can we change the rules so that doesn't matter?"

mjhibby
11-05-2018, 10:28 AM
It’s not injuries causing his problems, it’s suspensions. That’s what he gets for sending his players out to kick anything that moves. No way can the SFA bend the rules in that situation.

Exactly. You couldn't make up the crap he spouts. Just a dick of the highest order who I'd be totally embarrassed to be anywhere near our club. Mind you they set the bar so low with their standards it's not surprising he's their boss. He takes cringe to a whole new level I never thought possible. All they seem to live for is beating us. He's a small minded loser all right.