PDA

View Full Version : Needs said

Time For Heroes
09-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Well done for a great season Hibs, you've done us proud.
Unlucky tonight but I for one am excited about next season.

danhibees1875
09-05-2018, 08:47 PM
6-0 on Sunday. :aok:

Wellbankhibby
09-05-2018, 08:47 PM

I agree it's been a great season but we won't have half the players we have now.

Hi Heid Yin
09-05-2018, 08:48 PM
I agree: a fantastic season of excitement and of establishing Hibs as a top 4 club again!
:flag::flag:

Dalianwanda
09-05-2018, 08:49 PM
I agree it's been a great season but we won't have half the players we have now.

We don’t know what players we will have or not have..

dalkeith stu

And that half didn't turn up tonight!!

Beefster

Correct. We’ve been ****ing amazing this year.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Great season, well done Hibs.

We’ll more than likely end up in Europe so looking forward to that.

CMac1988
09-05-2018, 08:50 PM
And that half didn't turn up tonight!!

Indeed. All for giving the team their due but not tonight.

Sprouleflyer
09-05-2018, 08:51 PM
Indeed. All for giving the team their due but not tonight.

Typical hibs performance at Tynie.

calumhibee1
09-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Correct. We’ve been ****ing amazing this year.

This. We’ve been nothing short of amazing and just fell short. Well done lads and hard lines tonight. Now let’s end on a high on Sunday.

Austinho
09-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Congrats Hibs, not been a bad year. 1 derby doesn't define us, a fantastic season does.

Bam
09-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Despite tonight after the season we've had the players deserve a good support and atmosphere on Sunday, especially since some of our biggest may be leaving in the summer

lyonhibs

Half?!? Steady on.

Either way, players come and players go. In Neil I trust personally.

It's been a great season. Now, let's end it on a high on Sunday.

Michael
**** happens. This season will be fondly remembered for years.

Mr White
Disappointed tonight of course but we've got a lot of things to look forward to with the way the club is being run at the moment.

Neil and the boys have done us proud this season.

hibeerealist
09-05-2018, 08:54 PM
This. We’ve been nothing short of amazing and just fell short. Well done lads and hard lines tonight. Now let’s end on a high on Sunday.

Hoped that under Lennon we would say goodbye to the terrible displays at that **** h o le we have witnessed over the years, SADLY NOT!

madhatter
09-05-2018, 08:55 PM
Yeah, well done and it’s been a great season

Only disappointment was that that performance resembled players bottling it, not a single player took it upon themselves to take the ball and breathe. We just kept hoofing it or just playing hopeful balls so that we didn’t have the ball anymore. Scared to get hurt? No denying Adao should’ve been off, quite alarming his assault on McGinn wasn’t even called as a foul...

Stevenson and Hanlon had a shocker, most of the team were poor. In a game like that we needed Bartley or a player that could muscle them about a bit. McGeouch clearly didn’t want the ball much, not sure if the mask was playing on his mind.

Good in a way, it’s clear that we need to strengthen. Great first season back up :aok:

CraigHibee
09-05-2018, 08:59 PM
if someone had said we would get 4th this season i would have bitten their hand off. had some unlucky results and some poor games but in all i'm happy with this season.

IGRIGI
09-05-2018, 09:15 PM
Cracking season overall and given the settled side of Aberdeen and the resources of Rangers (I sound like Houston 😢) it's a great position to be in in our first season back.

SideBurns
09-05-2018, 09:22 PM
It's not just the fact that we're (barring an incredible thrashing of the Hun on Sunday) going to finish 4th; it's that we're comfortably clear of the teams below us, and had a chance of finishing 2nd almost right up to the last game of the season. The team & manager have given us some superb football and shown tremendous mentality; tonight's events can't be allowed to detract from the overall picture which is undeniably positive.

Hermit Crab
10-05-2018, 05:47 AM

Unlucky? We were absolutely gash!

Time For Heroes
10-05-2018, 05:52 AM
Unlucky? We were absolutely gash!

Hearts deserved the win, but I reckon they were lucky to keep 11 men on the park. Better refereeing decisions could have changed the way the game. So yeah, unlucky imo

timewilltell
10-05-2018, 06:08 AM

Agreed, and to be honest, last night could be a watershed. I’m not convinced we will be as strong next season. If Lennon leaves plus those already mentioned, this could unravel very quickly I’m afraid.

Jones28
10-05-2018, 06:34 AM
Hearts deserved the win, but I reckon they were lucky to keep 11 men on the park. Better refereeing decisions could have changed the way the game. So yeah, unlucky imo

Better refereeing probably would have seen Hearts get a penalty tbh.

There was a a lot of things that went wrong last night but all in all the refereeing is pretty far down the list

SquashedFrogg
10-05-2018, 06:36 AM
Refreshing to wake up this morning and read some balanced views that take into account the season as a whole.

Yes, clearly a disappointing performance and result last night but some of the posts slaughtering players last night are quite frankly embarrassing. Over reaction is an understatement.

Sunday will bring a close to one of the most enjoyable seasons I've had in years.

Maybe not ending the way we'd all hoped but I'm proud of our team and club. Onwards and upwards.

Ryan69
10-05-2018, 06:39 AM

There was a a lot of things that went wrong last night but all in all the refereeing is pretty far down the list

You could also argue that it would of been a completely different game however.

No other country in the world would a team get away with such terrible tackles.

Id imaging that Thomson will be getting a pay rise though,pretty much ensuring The Rangers get to europe.

Time For Heroes
10-05-2018, 06:46 AM

Fair point regarding the pen, can't argue with that. I do think the refs decisions should be high up the list though, Mitchell should have seen red,
Hibs started better but seemed to go into a shell after a few late/hard tackles that I felt could have been dealt with better.
Im taking nothing away from Hearts, they played the way they play, however if they weren't allowed to get away with such tactics I reckon we could have won that.

blackpoolhibs
10-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Well done Hibs, a season where we made one semi and have fought for 2nd place right to the last game of the season . This is success for Hibs, now we need to do it again .👍👍👍

JimBHibees
10-05-2018, 08:07 AM
Well done Hibs, a season where we made one semi and have fought for 2nd place right to the last game of the season . This is success for Hibs, now we need to do it again .👍👍👍

Agree lets build on it and make it the norm.

jacomo
10-05-2018, 08:59 AM

:agree:

And this is very much in line with what Leeann has been saying. We are on the right path.

Thecat23
10-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Brilliant season, all players and staff involved should hold their heads high. I’ve loved it!

hughio
10-05-2018, 09:13 AM
Good thread IMO.

Stating the obvious but what a great season!

Full houses, good football.An organized team.
Let's not forget what's been achieved just because of a bad night at Tynie where their desperation dragged them over the line 17 points behind us.

greenlex
10-05-2018, 10:29 AM
Good season. Let’s finish on a high on Sunday. Don’t expect 3rd but let’s send the Hun Home pointless.

mjhibby
10-05-2018, 10:47 AM

Steady. Dylan is away and sjm might be be. If he does go it will give us a sizeable fee to replace him. Mclaren I think will go but we have the option on kamberi which I'm sure we will take up. Allan is fairly certain to return unless celtic see us a threat for the title. Barker may or may not return. I don't see why everbody sees it as doom and gloom. It was our January transfer business that kicked our season on and I'm sure we've been preparing for Dylan and sjm going. Should celtic win the Cup then we will have another £300,000 for next seasons budget plus Europe as a carrot for potential signings. Let's see what the summer brings before making rash predictions. I'm sure lennys frustration is seeing this as a great opportunity to be second sonething we might struggle to get close to again. It's going to be a very interesting summer and am looking forward to seeing who comes in/goes out.
At the start of the season we would have been delighted to finish fourth on our first season back up. Let's realise we have had a tremendous season and let's go again come July.
Ggtth.

where'stheslope
10-05-2018, 10:57 AM

This in spades!!!
But if you go on previous seasons with other teams, it is not as easy as teams have our way of playing and if you look at the end of season tables, not many teams have managed to split the old firm when both are in the same league. Plus the team that comes up and challenges usually falls away the next season!!!

jax67
10-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Great season!! Can’t wait to do them on Sunday. Looking forward to next season. GGTTH!!

heretoday
10-05-2018, 11:30 AM
Great season!! Can’t wait to do them on Sunday. Looking forward to next season. GGTTH!!

Hear hear! What a season we've had considering we only just came up.

As Hibbies we have to relish the good times.