OxoHibby
09-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Is simply a cheating hearts bas

Northernhibee
09-05-2018, 08:09 PM
Not the reason we're losing just now.

HH81
09-05-2018, 08:10 PM
If Hibs defended right we wouldn't need to speak about the ref!!!

matty_f
09-05-2018, 08:10 PM
He's been crap tonight but not cheating. He's given us a penalty for a start.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2018, 08:14 PM

straws clutching at

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Hibs doing not Thomsons

danhibees1875
09-05-2018, 08:16 PM
:faf:

Cmon. He's missed the odd thing here and there. But Naismith's was probably a penalty and ours was a bit iffy.

CraigHibee
09-05-2018, 08:17 PM
straws clutching at

:agree:

Heisenberg
09-05-2018, 08:22 PM

Easy excuse. We’ve been dreadful.

Kavinho
09-05-2018, 08:28 PM
He's been very lenient on adao

OxoHibby
09-05-2018, 08:31 PM
Easy excuse. We’ve been dreadful.

Not an excuse. The defending for the 2nd was awful but he gas let them get away with kicking the sh out of us

supermcginn
09-05-2018, 08:35 PM

He's had 8 fouls. 3 of which were shocking id say lenient is an understatement

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2018, 08:36 PM
Letting them away with a lot (and stopping the game cause a hearts player got cramp?!?) but not the reason we’re losing

Kavinho
09-05-2018, 08:36 PM
I was being diplomatic.
There are other places to look for this result.

50/50s fallen to them.
Slips
Small errors.
Hearts being up for it
Not been Thomson alone

mca
09-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Hopefully (so i have been told ) - This is CT.. TopCats last season.. Get him to ****.. CHEAT

Still think lenny tactics cost us tonight..

hibIBZ
09-05-2018, 08:47 PM
If he had booked hearts players for persistent fouling over the first 30 mins we would be looking at a different game... doesn’t take away from our worst performance in months

SlickShoes
Adao should have been booked at the very least, Thomson is an abysmal ref.

We still beat ourself, mistakes from Stevenson, Hanlon and Stevenson are what cost us.

Mantis Toboggan
Adao should have been off several times over. Gave a lot of fouls early on then stopped and didn't bother booking anyway. Absolute *****bag refereeing performance.

Not In The Know
Letting them away with a lot (and stopping the game cause a hearts player got cramp?!?) but not the reason we’re losing

also letting the peso on because cochrane had cramp the let him get subbed immediately.

hearts fans held on to the ball for an eternity in extra time he plays 5 seconds extra.

Zazu62
09-05-2018, 08:51 PM
What about Mitchell pulling back Kamberi ?

gaz1875
09-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Sloppy defending not the ref cost us.

Mantis Toboggan
09-05-2018, 08:57 PM

One of many the blind prick missed.
The adao one on Mcginn was unbelievable

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Plenty ignored can swing a game

But we failed to take any control of the game

Nicho87
09-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Joke of a red
Joke of a performance equally

Ryan69
09-05-2018, 09:00 PM

Cmon. He's missed the odd thing here and there. But Naismith's was probably a penalty and ours was a bit iffy.

You are joking right?

How Adao remained on that pitch..is beyond a joke.

If he wasnt on a football pitch,there would of been several serious assault charges against him!

Hibs started very brightly....Then after about 15 minutes it was disgusting challenge after disgusting challenge.
Normal referees would of stamped it out immediately...but not our friend Thomson.

Bishop Hibee
09-05-2018, 09:01 PM
He wasn’t to blame but every ref in the SPFL is too lenient.

Baader
09-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Put simply, a terrible referee.

dp00
09-05-2018, 09:03 PM
He was terrible for both teams tbf ... how he is a ref I don’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
09-05-2018, 09:07 PM
I agree with most of the posts on here despite some being at odds with one another..

He was very bad - that one on halfway line has caused me to reassess my opinion that he’s not a cheat. The fact that one hearts player was booked the whole game sums his performance up.

However we were poor and deserved to get beat tonight. Very frustrating that we haven’t even given ourselves a fighting chance of moving up a place or two come Sunday.

Onion
09-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Terrible ref, but Hearts didn't need to play their joker tonight. Hibs were just not as good at hoofball as the Yams.

jakedance
09-05-2018, 09:19 PM
We didn’t deserve to win the game but if the ref does his job then maybe we’ve got a better chance.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-05-2018, 09:19 PM
There’s a statisticians dissertation on dubious results on a plate.

TheMentalHibees
09-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Cannae blame Thomson for us being gash. Even gave us a pen. Rest is just standard Scottish fare.

xyz23jc
09-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Cannae blame Thomson for us being gash. Even gave us a pen. Rest is just standard Scottish fare.

Laughable officiating from start to finish, beyond cheating!:rolleyes:

Brunswickbill
09-05-2018, 09:27 PM
How come Hibs got 2 yellows and Hertz got 1? Adao not booked. You have to wonder.

JimBHibees
09-05-2018, 09:49 PM

Clear cheating decision

BullsCloseHibs
10-05-2018, 02:25 AM
Hibs have never won a Derby game with him in charge.

JohnM1875
10-05-2018, 02:33 AM
Since I've been alive (1988) we've won 7 league games out of 50 at Tynie. Thomson is not the problem here!

GreenOnions
10-05-2018, 03:36 AM

That was quite unbelievable. You didn't even need close-ups or replays to see what happened. As soon as it happened I had already assumed it was a free-kick to us and was thinking the Hearts player will probably only get a yellow rather than a red because, although he was the last man, it was still a long way from goal. Then I realised play was continuing :brickwall

Adao's tackle on McGinn too :Ummm:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2018, 04:26 AM
Hibs have never won a Derby game with him in charge.

Was that not won at Tynie ? Thought we had beaten them with CT in charge?

Viva_Palmeiras
10-05-2018, 04:36 AM
Eye watering stats Stats Needs updating

http://www.hibs.net/content.php?378-Craig-Thomson

BILLYHIBS
10-05-2018, 05:55 AM
Seemed to be equally bad for both teams. Gave us a pen.

Baader
10-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Seemed to be equally bad for both teams. Gave us a pen.

So soon after half time he forgot Hibs were shooting that way.

KeithTheHibby
10-05-2018, 07:05 AM
Thomson was fine last night. He wasn’t the reason we lost.

kaimendhibs
10-05-2018, 10:01 AM

Cmon. He's missed the odd thing here and there. But Naismith's was probably a penalty and ours was a bit iffy.Nothing iffy about ours and theirs was never a pen. Effy took his leg away and that dick kicked the back of it. Thomson is a cheat, every time we tried to get past them our players were chopped down

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
10-05-2018, 10:02 AM
Was never a foul for Thier 2nd.

JimBHibees
10-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Was never a foul for Thier 2nd.

Adao being allowed to assault, Lafferty arguable red but are never given in Scotland, worst one of the night was the rugby tackle on Kamberi which defied belief.

danhibees1875
10-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Nothing iffy about ours and theirs was never a pen. Effy took his leg away and that dick kicked the back of it. Thomson is a cheat, every time we tried to get past them our players were chopped down

I definitely seen the penalty decisions the other way.

I agree that heart's hacked their way through the game, and that the ref would ideally have been stronger and dished out yellows and reds where necessary. That doesn't equate to him being a cheat though.

emerald green
10-05-2018, 06:13 PM
Thomson's record of officiating Hibs matches, especially against Hearts, is awful. Was anyone surprised to see him letting the Yams kick Hibs off the park last night? Why he turned a blind eye to Hearts No 66 committing foul after foul, and took no action, beats me.

Why didn't Thomson or his assistant "not see" Lafferty's comical dive to earn the free kick which led to the winning goal? It's strange why officials "don't see" things at Tynecastle when it benefits Hearts. The goal that never was from Ollie Shaw.

Thomson seems to have some sort of agenda against Hibs. Why I've no idea. I don't care if he gave us a penalty. It's all the little, and not so little, things he allows against Hibs over the 90+ minutes.

Good riddance to the ****.

Scottie
10-05-2018, 06:18 PM
Is it fact or fiction that this **** has a season ticket at Tiny castle. Remember seeing a photo of a seat there with his name on it posted on .net sometime ago :dunno:

Eyrie
10-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Much as I loathe the cheating illegitimate, Thomson wasn't the reason we lost last night. Both penalty claims were soft but he rejected their shout and gave us ours.

That said, the standard of refereeing in Scotland will improve simply by the act of him retiring.

BILLYHIBS
11-05-2018, 06:35 AM
Much as I loathe the cheating illegitimate, Thomson wasn't the reason we lost last night. Both penalty claims were soft but he rejected their shout and gave us ours.

That said, the standard of refereeing in Scotland will improve simply by the act of him retiring.
When? This season or next? It can’t come soon enough.I wonder if he will buy a ST for the PBS?

guidref
11-05-2018, 06:50 AM

Unfortunately Craig Thomson isn't a cheat, he is just not a very good referee.

There is a real basic problem with the refereeing system in Scotland. Its all about what your job is or who you know rather than how good you are. If you see my user name you will have an idea that I might have some knowledge on this subject.

Let me clarify it with a coupe of stories.

Back when I was a younger and keener ref with aspirations to progress to the higher senior games I had a meeting with the development team and asked why I wasn't being promoted. The answer: I wore a short sleeve top with my tattoos visible! If I wanted to progress I would have to change to long sleeve shirts.

I was an assistant on a game and a young assistant was on the other side. A senior member of the refereeing fraternity at the SFA came into the changing room at half time and asked the young assistant what he did for a job. " Im at University studying Law" was the answer. " Oh you will go really far as a referee" he was then told! The ref and I just looked at each other in astonishment!! Oh and he was promoted into the seniors and failed so badly he gave up refereeing all together.

So to stop posts such as these we need the SFA to look very closely at refereeing in Scotland as there are just too many basic errors being made by the "top" level refs.

The funny part of it is that Craig Thomson s not even the worst ref. I give you Andrew Dallas, Willie Collum and John Beaton. All consistently terrible!!!!

eastcoasthibby
11-05-2018, 06:50 AM

Very indeed even some hertz fans I spoke to reckon he could have easily walked for number and in particular. 2 challenges ...Cochrane as well number of fouls ...golden boy ...also agree that defending that led to the goals was terrible and basic ..Stevenson hoof it clear no touches needed, Hanlon wrong side of Lafferty on a 60 yard punt, whole set up for freekick was awful left the gap.for the freekick.to be played into and Stevenson wrong side of forward....

One Day
11-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Put simply, a terrible referee.

I second that

Cropley10
11-05-2018, 09:11 AM

That is just too simplistic I'm afraid.

I can think of no other game I've watched where studs up challenges, leaving the foot in, persistent fouling, late fouling were tolerated.

Thomson booked one Hearts player all night. He let Adao repeatedly foul our midfield, he gave us a penalty but when anyone sees it full speed it looks like a pen'. He gave them a free kick from nothing and they scored.

The game is about fine margins but when one team can foul, repeatedly and heavily you don't think this is a mitigating factor?

Or put another way - Mitchell booked, Adao booked, Cochran booked, wouldn't have had an effect? The ref played his part - no doubt about it.