09-05-2018, 06:32 PM
An indication of our success

CMurdoch
09-05-2018, 09:33 PM
An indication of our success

that's what went wrong!!!

I'm Spartacus
10-05-2018, 10:47 AM
I'm told at the academy we've offered no professional contracts to any of the youth players, anybody know if this is true?

I have a couple of issues with that. What's the point of our academy? Who's developing these boys to not be good enough come 17 years old?

I'm Spartacus
10-05-2018, 10:48 AM
And I should add, I'm not saying boys get contracts 'just because', if they're not good enough then they're not good enough, but these boys have been there for a good few years, we must have seen it coming.

danhibees1875
10-05-2018, 12:02 PM
And I should add, I'm not saying boys get contracts 'just because', if they're not good enough then they're not good enough, but these boys have been there for a good few years, we must have seen it coming.

I think you've been told a bit of nonsense SS.

There's an article about the players who have received contracts for next season - Gullan, Donaldson, Stirling, Waugh, Martin, Murray, Shanley, and Woods. Shaw signed a 3 year deal earlier in the year also.

I'm Spartacus
10-05-2018, 12:49 PM
I think you've been told a bit of nonsense SS.

There's an article about the players who have received contracts for next season - Gullan, Donaldson, Stirling, Waugh, Martin, Murray, Shanley, and Woods. Shaw signed a 3 year deal earlier in the year also.

Ahhh ok. I've defo been fed some BS, by parents who's kids haven't been offered anything! That's not a biased source of info at all!!! Picked the below up from the site re the U20's

Hibernian are delighted to announce the contract extension of a number of Academy players.
Lewis Allan, Callum Donaldson, Jamie Gullan, Ben Stirling, Paddy Martin, Kevin Waugh and Innes Murray have all signed on for next season.
Gregor Woods and Ryan Shanley have also signed their first professional contracts with the club. The two youngsters were presented with their contracts and graduate certificates at the club’s Player of the Year Awards on Sunday night.
We can also confirm that Callum Crane and Adam Watson will leave the club at the end of the season.
Callum made two appearances for the first team, starting the 3-0 win over Turriff United in the Challenge Cup and coming on as a substitute in a 2-2 draw with Dunfermline in the league. He has impressed on loan at Alloa Athletic this season, winning the club’s Young Player of the Year award.
Adam was part of the successful U20 squad who won the league and cup double this season, and spent time on loan at Gala Fairydean earlier in the campaign.
We would like to wish both well with their future careers.