PDA

View Full Version : Going to the game with crutches.

The Pointer
09-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Since I got my ticket for Sunday, I've damaged my knee ligaments which means I'm now on crutches. The swelling is going down a bit and I'll hopefully get physio before then to get some mobility back, but I'm a bit wary of the big crowd.

Has anyone else experienced problems negotiating the stadium/their seat in similar circumstances? Fortunately I'm in the Lower West, Row R so don't think I've got loads of steps to negotiate.

Cabbage East
09-05-2018, 10:37 AM
Probably the last ground i'd want to go to on crutches.

edinburghhibee
09-05-2018, 10:43 AM
I done it a couple years back and it was fine so long as you get there early and you are happy to wait behind after the crowds go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LichtieHibby
09-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Mate of mine broke his ankle at the first Stokes goal against Rangers at Hampden. He made it to the end. You'll survive!

Mentalbarnett
09-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Easter road is fine just remember to add extra time for getting to your seat hopefully there is a party after the game and you can take your time leaving.

Since90+2
09-05-2018, 10:47 AM

He means Sunday against Sevco.

The Pointer
09-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Cheers for the replies. I just hope the crutches don't get in the way of my neighbours, but I'll get down nice and early and won't be in a rush at the end. The upside to this is that my wife will be driving so I can happily have a pint before the long drive home. :greengrin:aok:

Dashing Bob S
09-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Actually quite safe as it's long been compulsory for Hearts fans at Tynecastle. The 1902 one is sadly broken now, but they still just about manage to hobble around on the 5-1 one, though it's apparently rotting away from the inside through infestation with deadly financial doping worm.

Hibs Fraggle
09-05-2018, 11:48 AM
I was at a couple of games on crutches after tearing the ligament in my foot this season - Checked with ticket office just in case, they gave me the all clear for my seat in West Upper (Do wish I'd swapped, that's a long way up on crutches) - Just be sensible with the crutches, I'd suggest shortening them down and under the seat if your worried about space/neighbouring fans and don't want them leaning on you all game.

Johnny Clash
09-05-2018, 11:53 AM
Destroyed my ACL a year ago so had to get to games early and take one step at a time to get up to the back of the East! As others have said, just wait until most have left ground before taking your time to leave. Good luck with h your recovery - hobbling about on crutches truly sucks!

Jay
09-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Ive had crutches at ER, was fine. Just get in early. The man next to me has a crutch at every game, just watch yer neighbours toes :rolleyes:

greenlex
09-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Ive had crutches at ER, was fine. Just get in early. The man next to me has a crutch at every game, just watch yer neighbours toes :rolleyes:

😆

Famous Fiver
09-05-2018, 03:23 PM
You might have to give them to wee Harry at the end if big Marv gets some game time.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-05-2018, 03:26 PM
I got stuck with crutches in the turnstiles at the old TC Keay end at Dens and lost one of them when we scored.

Famous Fiver
09-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Just as well you were not at Dens on Albert Kidd day.

No knowing where they would have ended up!!!

skyehibee
09-05-2018, 03:54 PM
I was just off crutches from an ACL operation to my knee at the Scottish cup final. I just got there early and took my time up the steps. Probably celebrated a bit too much when Gray smashed that header in but the pain was well worth it...

sleeping giant
09-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Auld boy used to sit near me in the FF lower years ago.
He used crutches and was forever tying his scarf to one and waving it in the air. :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Navigating around the stadium shouldn't be a problem

Last minute to secure 2nd place might though limbs everywhere... and how will you get on the pitch to goad the huns??

yogi_campfire
09-05-2018, 05:34 PM
I’ve been on crutches a few times, no issues if you can bend your knee enough or everyone is standing around you

The Pointer
09-05-2018, 05:52 PM
Navigating around the stadium shouldn't be a problem

Last minute to secure 2nd place might though limbs everywhere... and how will you get on the pitch to goad the huns??

Been there, done it.

:flag: