PDA

View Full Version : What a shower of dirty hacking thugs (NHC)

maturehibby
08-05-2018, 08:40 AM
That was Livingston last night
Four ordering off tackles that should have resulted in ordering offs but only cautioned
Another Hearts and Hamilton the league does not need .
Frightened the United players into being afraid to play attacking football and let their disgusting tackling tactics beat a poor United team but at least a team that tries to play football

bookert
08-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Four ordering off tackles that should have resulted in ordering offs but only cautioned
Frightened the United players into being afraid to play attacking football and let their disgusting tackling tactics beat a poor United team but at least a team that tries to play football

Agree with that, went out in the first half especially to intimidate.

MWHIBBIES
08-05-2018, 09:05 AM
Tin pot club playing to their strengths. Up to referees to sort them out.

greenpaper55
08-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Another team who's play would be better suited to a rugby ground, hope they never get anywhere near the SPL.

Jack Hackett
08-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Tin pot club playing to their strengths. Up to referees to sort them out.

Please don't hold your breath... Wouldn't want to lose you.

wookie70
08-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Apart from the money coming into the game the main reason why Scottish football will never progress is the way games are refereed. Players routinely get away with shocking tackles and we seem to encourage fouling by how soft we are on it. Time wasting etc are also hardly ever punished and it would be so easy to speed the game up and make it more of a spectacle.

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2018, 10:04 AM

If they qualify I'd much rather have Thistle remain in the premiership. Livi are just another set of cloggers.

allezsauzee
08-05-2018, 10:09 AM
If they qualify I'd much rather have Thistle remain in the premiership. Livi are just another set of cloggers.

I'd like to see the Jags stay up anyway. One of the less cynical sides in the division and it's a shame that Hamilton look like they are safe.

JimBHibees
08-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Apart from the money coming into the game the main reason why Scottish football will never progress is the way games are refereed. Players routinely get away with shocking tackles and we seem to encourage fouling by how soft we are on it. Time wasting etc are also hardly ever punished and it would be so easy to speed the game up and make it more of a spectacle.

Couldnt agree more refs are determined to not send off people for tackles irrespective how atrocious. It needs to start as some of the overly physical approach by teams like our neebors, hamilton, st johnstone, livi last night etc are putrid to watch. Game needs to come into the 21st century and no wonder we struggle in europe if the skilful players are not protected.

IGRIGI
08-05-2018, 10:22 AM
"Frightened the United players into being afraid to play attacking football"

😂 It's UTD's fault for not having a set of balls between them to combat Livi's style.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2018, 10:32 AM
pmsl@ frightening, drama queenery or whit :hilarious well done Livi

the only frightening done was willo flood abusing a TV camera

WeeRussell
08-05-2018, 11:32 AM
They are a nasty shower indeed. But United shouldn't have thrown away the position they had so drastically!

Hope they can turn things back round in the second leg :agree:

Northernhibee
08-05-2018, 11:56 AM
It worked.

That's all you need to know.

AndyM_1875
08-05-2018, 12:15 PM
Dundee United for all their troubles are a proper fitba club, with a decent fanbase and they should be in the Premiership. However it looks like they will do at least another year in the second tier, perhaps more given their problems.

Livingston would bring absolutely nothing to the top flight. No fans and an empty bowl of a stadium. We already have one club in the top flight in Hamilton who have a tiny fanbase and survive due to their players gang like mentality and their rotten plastic pitch.

I'd hope Partick Thistle would do Livingston over but you really never know.

cleanyman
08-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Mon the Livi

jgl07
08-05-2018, 12:18 PM

How come? The match was at Tannadice!

maturehibby
08-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Imagine the screaming and shouting had they tackled Mcginn Allan Mcgeoch Boyle like they did to United there would be uproar from the "well done Livvy" brigade.
They bring like Hamilton nothing to the table
However I see nothing from either of them to frighten the eleventh team in Premier league

TelaStella
08-05-2018, 03:26 PM
[emoji23] United should have had more than enough quality and experience to get the win last night at Tannadice of all places ffs. I’m no fan of that type of football but as a small club who have already punched unbelievably above their weight this year given budgets etc sometimes these games have to be won the hard way and if they do just happen to clinch the 2nd leg then well done Livi, a fantastic achievement for them. Willo Fudd incident was rather enjoyable as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
08-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Hope Partick stay up

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The_Horde
08-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Don't understand the hibs.net love in for Dundee Utd. If I recall, there were actually posters on here who regularly used to attend both Tannadice and Easter Road? Very strange behaviour.