PDA

View Full Version : This derby a massive game for BOTH teams

MacGruber
08-05-2018, 07:24 AM
For Hibs this is a chance to keep up the pressure on Aberdeen and The Rangers to go into the last game of the season in the mix for runners up. A win keeps the unbeaten run going and gives us the last day shoot out for Europe and the chance of another win at home to make it the best run of home results since 1925. The prize money on offer for the higher finish is also significant.

For Hearts this is a chance to cut the gap to 17 points.

Diclonius
08-05-2018, 07:58 AM
It's a chance for Hearts to reduce our season from definite qualification for Europe to highly likely qualification for Europe.

snooky
08-05-2018, 08:48 AM
No pressure on this game for either side, only bragging rights, IMO. :cool2:

Hibernian Verse
08-05-2018, 08:58 AM
No pressure on this game for either side, only bragging rights, IMO. :cool2:

The players better be feeling pressure. This is a chance for them to write themselves into a wee bit of Hibee history!

Bill Milne
08-05-2018, 09:42 AM
Chances for the Yams are hugely increased with the appointment of Craig "5-1" Thomson to referee the game. I have been told (not sure if it is true) that he is retiring at the end of the season. That being the case, I worry about our hopes of avoiding penalties for the Yams and red cards for us!!

Jones28
08-05-2018, 09:45 AM
Chances for the Yams are hugely increased with the appointment of Craig "5-1" Thomson to referee the game. I have been told (not sure if it is true) that he is retiring at the end of the season. That being the case, I worry about our hopes of avoiding penalties for the Yams and red cards for us!!

Is it just me that thinks he's actually been one of the better refs for us since that game?

Steven McLean on the other hand hasn't had a good game for us since the cup final!

Bill Milne
08-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Is it just me that thinks he's actually been one of the better refs for us since that game?

Steven McLean on the other hand hasn't had a good game for us since the cup final!

Strangely, he has been excellent in the derby games he has taken since 2012. I am just saying that, if he is retiring, there may be no longer any constraints of his alleged bias towards the Yams.

Jones28
08-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Strangely, he has been excellent in the derby games he has taken since 2012. I am just saying that, if he is retiring, there may be no longer any constraints of his alleged bias towards the Yams.

Agreed - maybe his way of bowing out will be to try ensure we don't get anywhere tomorrow

adhibs
08-05-2018, 10:29 AM
If hearts get bet the pressure is on budge and levein for next season already. Defeat will be a disaster for them.

Fuzzywuzzy
08-05-2018, 12:04 PM
Strange fellow

"I sat with Brendan for 20 minutes after the game and he never mentioned it," Levein said.

"If we want to talk about a level playing field, if they bring a team through here that earn the same money as our players do, then we will put them out on the pitch and see who wins.

"There is not a level playing field in Scotland and I make no apologies for staying within the rules and trying to win the game. None at all.

"As long as we stay within the rules, then I don't know what he's bleating about. Celtic prepare their pitch the way they want it. It's all a nonsense really."

Billy Whizz
08-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Strange fellow

"I sat with Brendan for 20 minutes after the game and he never mentioned it," Levein said.

"If we want to talk about a level playing field, if they bring a team through here that earn the same money as our players do, then we will put them out on the pitch and see who wins.

"There is not a level playing field in Scotland and I make no apologies for staying within the rules and trying to win the game. None at all.

"As long as we stay within the rules, then I don't know what he's bleating about. Celtic prepare their pitch the way they want it. It's all a nonsense really."
And then he goes on to add that he didn’t think the Naismith challenge was a foul, and they would appeal if he was given a ban

snooky
08-05-2018, 12:38 PM

Of course he has. It's called covering your tracks.
I hope he doesn't plan on bowing out tomorrow with a similar performance to the Cup Final.

He just might, you know. :jamboclow.

08-05-2018, 12:52 PM
They have nothing to play for and are just desperate for the season to end but they'll be right up for this. Make no mistake Potter will make sure they realise how important beating hibs is. We SHOULD be beating that mob and beating them comfertably, they are rank rotten but it'll be tight because they always raise their game against us. They'll set up to stop us playing and the usual kick lumps tactics will be out in force. Kick lumps, gang up on players like Allan and McGinn who like to get the ball down and play football and break up the play as much as possible.

You need a strong ref in games like this, unfortuantly we have that incompetant clown Thompson.

andybev1
08-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Last time at tynecastle there was a definite feeling we might not win due to being 'blunt' up front - that has been fixed dramatically and I see an easy win tomorrow.
:nlgwa

Kato
08-05-2018, 02:36 PM
Strange fellow

It is a nonsense, Craig. Maybe Hearts should have put a team out on the same wages as others when Vladimir Romanov was laundering millions through your weird little club.

GreenPJ
08-05-2018, 02:46 PM
Strange fellow

Slavering even more than normal is just a sign of the pressure he feels.

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2018, 02:51 PM
Strange fellow

That statement coming from anybody connected with Heart of Midlowthian FC is beyond ironic :faf:

This game is massive for Levin and he will set up to win at all costs and using any trick he can within or outwith the rules. Stopping Hibs from getting to the final day still with a chance of 2nd will have kept him awake at night for the last few weeks ... they haven't managed even a point in their 3 top 6 matches so far scoring twice and conceding seven .... but this will be different, he wont give a rats ass about what happens against Killie on the final day, he's probably promised every first team regular that they can bugger off on holiday the minute the final whistle goes on Wednesday night so long as Hibs haven't won the game, they will be up for this even more than they were the cup game. Its sad, but its true.

Hibbyradge
08-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Last time at tynecastle there was a definite feeling we might not win due to being 'blunt' up front - that has been fixed dramatically and I see an easy win tomorrow.
:nlgwa

If you're expecting an easy win, I expect you'll be disappointed.

They've only lost once at the PBS, 2 days ago to Celtc and no-one would have described that was an easy win.

They'll be fighting tooth and nail to stop us. We might win, but it'll be a tough, tough battle.

GreenLake
08-05-2018, 03:52 PM
Strange fellow

Hearts cheated for decades and he comes out with pish like this! :faf:

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-05-2018, 04:07 PM
Going to tynie with a settled attacking line up and not altering our game plan or tactics to suit is a refreshing change. Even going there under Lennon this season we've really set up to not lose.

The reality is their ONLY post split fixture is tomorrow. We know how they'll line up so let's take the game to them and turn them over. Levein has had 2 huge slices of luck against us their this season (Shaw "goal" and their scrappy Scottish cup winner) otherwise he'd be out a job.

Let's rectify that

andybev1
08-05-2018, 10:47 PM
If you're expecting an easy win, I expect you'll be disappointed.

They've only lost once at the PBS, 2 days ago to Celtc and no-one would have described that was an easy win.

They'll be fighting tooth and nail to stop us. We might win, but it'll be a tough, tough battle.

I will be happy with any win but i just suspect that this team are a lot better than last time and they play better under a big game atmosphere (which I don't think you get at pittodrie-hence the lacklustre performance - I mean that relative to the way we have been playing). losing is the only way I, like the rest of us I suspect, will be disappoointed.

Edit: maybe 'easy' is a bit of a stretch...fairly easy :)