PDA

View Full Version : Thank the Lord for Cliff Pike

Septimus
08-05-2018, 06:40 AM
Watched the Aberdeen game on Saturday with Aberdeen commentators who were biased beyond belief and did not seem to have the faintest notion of the rules of the game. Of course Cliff is biased but he does give credit where it is due.

Whatever, Thanks Cliff for another season of fine commentary which is much appreciated in foreign climes.

calumhibee1
08-05-2018, 06:45 AM
Watched the Aberdeen game on Saturday with Aberdeen commentators who were biased beyond belief and did not seem to have the faintest notion of the rules of the game. Of course Cliff is biased but he does give credit where it is due.

Whatever, Thanks Cliff for another season of fine commentary which is much appreciated in foreign climes.

I said that aswell. Rangers TV and Red TV make Hibs TV look very professional.

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2018, 06:46 AM
I'd expect them to be biased. I'm sure Hibs TV is biassed towards us

bingo70
08-05-2018, 06:52 AM
I'd expect them to be biased. I'm sure Hibs TV is biassed towards us

Don’t know if you watched it with their commentators or not but biased isn’t the word. It was just a basic understanding of the rules they didn’t seem to grasp.

Every single hibs foul was met with cries of yellow or red card, sarcastic cheers for almost every foul they got, which kind of loses the point of it when there’s three in a row in quick succession and their reaction to John Mcginns foul was just bonkers.

I don’t mind a bit biased commentary but they were like the irritating guy that sits near you that loves the sound of their voice too much but shouts absolute drivel (I assume everyone has ‘that’ person near them)

Austinho
08-05-2018, 06:55 AM
I actually find Cliff pretty biased. His observations about the game are usually fair, but often he’ll be screaming bloody murder at the referee over nothing.

Treadstone
08-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Does get the best out of Neil Lennon in after match interviews. Love them.

calumhibee1
08-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Don’t know if you watched it with their commentators or not but biased isn’t the word. It was just a basic understanding of the rules they didn’t seem to grasp.

Every single hibs foul was met with cries of yellow or red card, sarcastic cheers for almost every foul they got, which kind of loses the point of it when there’s three in a row in quick succession and their reaction to John Mcginns foul was just bonkers.

I don’t mind a bit biased commentary but they were like the irritating guy that sits near you that loves the sound of their voice too much but shouts absolute drivel (I assume everyone has ‘that’ person near them)

It was the constant “that decision is worse than his haircut” about the referee that was most embarrassing. A crap joke that must have been cracked about 5 or 6 times at least.

Peevemor
08-05-2018, 08:05 AM
I actually find Cliff pretty biased. His observations about the game are usually fair, but often he’ll be screaming bloody murder at the referee over nothing.

I agree.

Brunswickbill
08-05-2018, 08:10 AM
The commentary probably reflects the support. I watched on Alba and heard hardly any singing from thd Dons fans. Every contact by a Hibs player was met with howls of outrage whereas when a Dons player put in a tackle there wasn’t a peep from the crowd. It sounded like they just went along to howl at every perceived misdeed. Also the spirit of Willie Miller still lives with several Dons player wanting to referee the match.

PeeJay
08-05-2018, 08:39 AM
Think Cliff Pike (and the team) does a fine job on Hibs tv - he's "biased" but in an acceptable way IMO - it's natural for a team's supporters commenting on a game to be "biased" - think the Aberdeen guys on Saturday however, lost the plot early on along with the referee and their commentary throughout the game was pretty irritating - having said that it is always interesting to hear how the commentary team from another club views a game involving Hibs - Think Hibs TV has been excellent this season in streaming quality, commentary, pre and post-match interviews and even half-time pie reports ... :greengrin

Vini1875
08-05-2018, 08:42 AM

And if you don't, its you.

SChibs
08-05-2018, 08:51 AM
Are we being bias about the bias of hibs tv?

BlackSheep
08-05-2018, 08:58 AM
I think the Hibs TV commentsryvteammare a credit to the club based tv coverage actually. They seem to be reasonably equally enthusiastic about chances for both teams and tell it how it is most of the time... of course some green tinted specs are worn at times but in comparison to the drivel we heard on Saturday from Red TV, it is like watching a proper Sky or BT coverage... Rangers TV and Red TV are horrible to hear.... thank goodness for the audio feed from my UK account to go with the video from my overseas account... made watching the game bearable!

haagsehibby
08-05-2018, 09:03 AM
He (Cliff) could do with giving the person who does the highlights a kick up the proverbial. They missed out Maclaren's goal against Killie and the put Niall McGinn's freekick from the Dons game in the middle of the second half.

Johnny_Leith
08-05-2018, 09:03 AM
Hibs TV is just as biased as any other fans TV stream.

Cliff Pike isn't up to much, he's a hibby and not a professional so he's cut some slack. His interviews consist of him taking up as much air time as possible, I'm not subscribing to hear you make poor analogies cliff, I'd prefer to hear the thoughts of Neil Lennon...he mixed up bother hibs players and opposition players, demands yellows for opposition fouls, can't see why fouls are given against Hibs and sometimes his understanding of the rules seems a bit outdated. All the same critique of the red TV team.

PercyHibs
08-05-2018, 09:21 AM

I really enjoy Cliff and John Stephens commentary. Clearly Hibs fans but do a very professional job.

SRHibs
08-05-2018, 09:24 AM
Think Cliff Pike (and the team) does a fine job on Hibs tv - he's "biased" but in an acceptable way IMO - it's natural for a team's supporters commenting on a game to be "biased" - think the Aberdeen guys on Saturday however, lost the plot early on along with the referee and their commentary throughout the game was pretty irritating - having said that it is always interesting to hear how the commentary team from another club views a game involving Hibs - Think Hibs TV has been excellent this season in streaming quality, commentary, pre and post-match interviews and even half-time pie reports ... :greengrin

Why do you change your font out of interest? It makes the posts harder to read.

rotherhamrob
08-05-2018, 09:28 AM
He seriously needs to stop sucking on a sweet when he's commentating.

PeeJay
08-05-2018, 09:50 AM
Why do you change your font out of interest? It makes the posts harder to read.

Not sure I quote understand - it looks perfectly OK to read on my PC - how does Times New Roman grab you ... or maybe I should use Arial :greengrin

SRHibs
08-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Not sure I quote understand - it looks perfectly OK to read on my PC - how does Times New Roman grab you ... or maybe I should use Arial :greengrin

http://www.artyfactory.com/egyptian_art/egyptian_hieroglyphs/images/hieroglyphs/hieroglyphs.jpg

NZ Green
08-05-2018, 12:03 PM
Im glad I wasn't wearing headphones on Red TV because they just about blew my speakers when a 'fowl' wasn't given, it does add to the entertainment though. All team commentators are going to be a bit biased but they're just generally a bit calmer on Hibs TV compared to others.

FilipinoHibs
08-05-2018, 12:05 PM

Like spoilt children posing as adults who know nothing about football or the rules.

andybev1
08-05-2018, 02:16 PM
I don't mind his commentary but in his post-match interviews he asks each player the same question, using the same analogy which I think is pretty lazy and sometimes annoying - I understand you only have so much time between the game finishing and the post-match interview but try to mix it up a bit Cliff.

Iggy Pope
08-05-2018, 03:34 PM
Like spoilt children posing as adults who know nothing about football or the rules.

Laws.

Bostonhibby
08-05-2018, 03:55 PM
I was a Martin Glancy fan but I think Cliff does a great job. The brief is to be a Hibby commentating on a Hibs game. He's miles ahead of what I heard of the dons guy and he's thankfully never produced a sevco awnaw moment that I can remember.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Prof. Shaggy
08-05-2018, 04:33 PM
I was a Martin Glancy fan but I think Cliff does a great job. The brief is to be a Hibby commentating on a Hibs game. He's miles ahead of what I heard of the dons guy and he's thankfully never produced a sevco awnaw moment that I can remember.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I agree with this. I enjoy the Hibs TV commentary because it is done from our point of view - that's "subjective" rather than biased. Not the same thing.

I've also not got a problem with his post-match interviews. I watch them to hear what the interviewee has got to say about the game and about any particular incidents. I'm not that bothered about how he asks the questions.