PDA

View Full Version : Can Motherwell and Saints Overtake Hearts Points Total?

hibbyfraelibby
07-05-2018, 05:29 PM
Although guaranteed a top6 finish could our near neighbours endure more embarassment by seeing bottom 6 duo Motherwell and St. Johnstone rack up more points than them over the full season?

The pair played each other at the weekend and with two games left have 6pts each up for grabs. On 42pts they are both only 4pts behind the Gorgie Cloggers.

I know previoysly one bottom 6 team has exceeded a top6 team points total but I dont think any top6 finisher has ended up with the 8th best total.

Could they be about to set a new record? Lets hope so by doing our bit on Wednesday night.

Hermit Crab
07-05-2018, 06:08 PM
Hearts need to lose both games and Motherwell or St Johnstone need to win both.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2018, 06:11 PM
I've never really seen the fascination with this stat to be honest. If the teams who are 7th and 8th are just a few points behind the team in 6th after 33 games, it's almost guaranteed that they'll finish with more points as they're effectively in a different league for the last 5 games.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2018, 06:13 PM
I can't see any Jambo losing sleep over this. The only important thing now is playing us then dipping deep in their pockets the following morning to buy the Tynecastle turf (with extra grass) to finance the buying of top class players next season.

07-05-2018, 06:25 PM
Their season has been an embarrassment regardless. Season been over for them for months and their fans have resorted to celebrating dirty challenges instead. Not only have they not been getting results, their football is truly eye bleeding to watch.

They're there for the taking on wednesday. Mark my words they will be out to kick lumps out us. We have players like Allan, McGInn etc who are REAL football players and like to get the ball down. Hearts will be out to clatter them from the start, they don't like teams that like to play good football, it's not soemthing they can cope with. If Allan, McGinn, McGeouch etc are on their game and with the pace of Boyle and Barker we should rip them a new one. We just need to make sure we take our chances. We have plenty players who can create but we need to finish. They're rotten at the back, if he's fit enough i'd start both Boyle and Barker. Hearts won't be able to cope with that sort of pace.

ancient hibee
07-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Pace doesn’t work at Tynecastle.It’s much more important to keep the ball and control the game by moving them about the park.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 10:31 PM
I've never really seen the fascination with this stat to be honest. If the teams who are 7th and 8th are just a few points behind the team in 6th after 33 games, it's almost guaranteed that they'll finish with more points as they're effectively in a different league for the last 5 games.
:agree: It’s meaningless. More important is the fact that they’re 20 points behind us and have lost every game since the split.