PDA

View Full Version : Jason cummings on sunday

AgentDaleCooper
07-05-2018, 09:57 AM
Just a thought, but IMO, the more hostile a reception we give him, the better he'll play.

Libby Hibby
07-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Jason who?

FilipinoHibs
07-05-2018, 10:05 AM
Just a thought, but IMO, the more hostile a reception we give him, the better he'll play.

Agree. We should applaud him. That will get the backs up of the few huns there. I will remember all the goals against the Jumbos and his right up them celebrations.

Mr_F
07-05-2018, 10:07 AM
No do much from the bench

AgentDaleCooper
07-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Jason who?

That guy who scored over 60 goals for us, who thrives on winding people up.

Diclonius
07-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Of course he will, he thrives on abuse. As far as I'm concerned he's a cup winning legend and he'll be getting applauded. Signing for Rangers doesn't automatically wipe out your past achievements for this club.

we are hibs
07-05-2018, 10:17 AM
I won't be applauding him. Didn't applaud griffiths either. I couldn't care less about Jason Cummings while he is in a rangers top.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Jason who?

Nae need.

danhibees1875
07-05-2018, 10:22 AM
If in doubt, just applaud the ones playing in Green.

matty_f
07-05-2018, 10:26 AM
Cup winning legend. Left on good terms, so while I hope he has a stinker against us I have no ill will towards him whatsoever.

SChibs
07-05-2018, 10:27 AM
No do much from the bench

I think morelos is out so he'll be playing

Springbank
07-05-2018, 10:28 AM
This thread is out of date

Jason cummings played against Hibs at ibrox.

Hibs won the game.

SChibs
07-05-2018, 10:31 AM
This thread is out of date

Jason cummings played against Hibs at ibrox.

Hibs won the game.

Yeah but it is quite hard to give someone a hostile reception when they spent the entire time at the other end of the pitch to be fair

famousfife
07-05-2018, 10:33 AM
35th minute we all start singing there’s only 1 Jason Cummings

snooky
07-05-2018, 10:37 AM

Or "There's only one cup winner in yer team" :wink:
(Not 100% sure if that's accurate though)

AgentDaleCooper
07-05-2018, 10:39 AM

Might not be a popular idea with some, but IMO that would genuinely rattle him.

HibsNutter
07-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Certainly won't be abusing him.

Played a huge part in us winning the cup, if he didn't score those goals against Hearts we wouldn't have won the cup. It is also likely we'd still be in the Championship without his goals last season.

Peevemor
07-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Cummings will be ready for whatever attention he gets from the Hibs fans and will lap it up. I reckon that, if he plays, he'll be more interested in getting one over on his pals/former team mates.

The Green Goblin
07-05-2018, 10:57 AM
On Sunday, he will just be another Rangers player. The end.

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 10:59 AM
Hibs legend. I wont be giving him abuse. I'll also not be applauding him

The Leith Dutch
07-05-2018, 11:06 AM
Of course he will, he thrives on abuse. As far as I'm concerned he's a cup winning legend and he'll be getting applauded. Signing for Rangers doesn't automatically wipe out your past achievements for this club.

It doesn't wipe out your achievements but applauding him is a step too far.

I don't think we should applaud any former players but at the very least it should be restricted to those with a genuine affection for the club.

I'll always value what he gave to us as a club and his part in 2016 but on Sunday he is a hun player looking to **** up our season and who wouldn't think twice about rubbing our noses in it if we don't play to our potential and beat the knuckle dragging bigots.

Zazu62
07-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Cup winning legend. Loved a goal against hearts. Hard not too like him tbf

Libby Hibby
07-05-2018, 11:28 AM
That guy who scored over 60 goals for us, who thrives on winding people up.

I think that was my point, to ignore him on the day from a fan point of view, don’t give him the fuel to fire him up to play well against us.

MWHIBBIES
07-05-2018, 11:36 AM
I'll be busy supporting our players. Couldn't care less about some hun striker.

Onion
07-05-2018, 11:36 AM

Why would any Hibs fan give Jason Cummings a hard time ? Was fantastic for us in the lower divs and became a living Legend in May 16.

Diclonius
07-05-2018, 11:40 AM
It doesn't wipe out your achievements but applauding him is a step too far.

Not if said player plays better when given a hostile reception, and applauding him may discourage him further.

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2018, 11:43 AM
Why would any Hibs fan give Jason Cummings a hard time ? Was fantastic for us in the lower divs and became a living Legend in May 16.

AND ensured our club a substantial transfer fee....unlike others i could mention :) thank you jason cummings :agree:

Mick O'Rourke
07-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Jason played his role in the Cup winning season and being involved in our promotion season (he could have left before then)
Its strange how former players get "welcomed" when the return to The Holy Ground in the opposition line up.
Jimmy O'Rourke of course got great welcomes when with both St Johnstone and Motherwell.
Craig Paterson,another fine Hibernian player got pelters.

So i guess it depends on which team you return with !!

PS
Before Jimmy O'Rourke left Hibernian for St Johnstone Hearts and others showed an interest
No sure what welcome he would have got had that happened.
Of course ,it was never going to happen !

Pretty Boy
07-05-2018, 12:30 PM
I won't be applauding or singing the name of any player in a Rangers strip. I won't be abusing one of our cup final legends either though unless he does something daft like kissing that badge in front of us or the like.

Bob1875
07-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the memories Jason, now as relevant as any other player that plays for them.

Forza Fred
07-05-2018, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=Mick O'Rourke;5394390

PS
Before Jimmy O'Rourke left Hibernian for St Johnstone he was offered terms at Tynecastle.
No sure what welcome he would have got had that happened.
Of course ,it was never going to happen ![/QUOTE]

I honestly never knew that Mick!

He never telt me.......probably didn’t want to upset me😉

Mick O'Rourke
07-05-2018, 02:02 PM
I honestly never knew that Mick!

He never telt me.......probably didn’t want to upset me��

Sorted that Fred
Wrong choice of phrase
I would have booed him if he had !!
I think though it does depend on who a returning "hero" is returning with.
If Jason was with anyone else bar rAngers or even Hearts,it likely woud not be a big issue.
Guess that was the point i was trying to make.
Although Gary Caldwell did not make any new friends in the East with his gesture to the stand after scoring for Celtic.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2018, 02:43 PM
I could never abuse anyone that contributed to the greatest day of my life.

I also could not applaud anyone representing that vile organisation.

Humo
07-05-2018, 02:50 PM
When hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup jase was there

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 04:37 PM

This exactly

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 04:39 PM
I have Jason a cheer when he came on at Ibrox in February. I’ll do the same if he gets brought on, but once he’s on the park, he’s the same as every other Rangers player

07-05-2018, 05:26 PM
Certainly won't boo him, he gave us some wonderful memories and of course played a big part in us winning the cup and getting promoted. I will never applaud a rangers player though regardless of who they are.

He's not the brightest so just hope he doesn't do anything silly if he scores.

iwasthere1972
07-05-2018, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the memories and the goals against the Jam Tarts but I won't be cheering, clapping or booing him (unless he does something to wind us up) on Sunday.

Keep him quiet.

Captain Trips
07-05-2018, 06:06 PM
Every player playing for Sevco has a job to deny my club points. They will all get it tight regardless of who they are.

One Day
07-05-2018, 06:23 PM
Cup winning legend. Left on good terms, so while I hope he has a stinker against us I have no ill will towards him whatsoever.

I cant find it in me to hate him either

IGRIGI
07-05-2018, 06:23 PM
I hope he's as effective against us as he was at Ibrox.

Winston Ingram
07-05-2018, 06:25 PM
I’ll certainly not be booing him.

GreenLake
08-05-2018, 08:05 AM
I would applaud him for past service to Hibs and even hope he scores a goal (in his own net of course).

Waxy
08-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Will never boo Jason unless his brain goes and he joins the turds.

Hibernian Verse
08-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Will never boo Jason unless his brain goes again and he joins the other turds.

Fixed that

Dashing Bob S
08-05-2018, 10:52 AM

Close the thread now. This sums it up. Ignore JC and pretend he just ain’t there.

CMurdoch
08-05-2018, 10:56 AM
Ignore him so as not to fire him up.
However, if he is substituted give him a big cheer.

hibby6270
08-05-2018, 11:11 AM
I won't be applauding or singing the name of any player in a Rangers strip. I won't be abusing one of our cup final legends either though unless he does something daft like kissing that badge in front of us or the like.

Completely agree with your first sentence but I have heard a certain Andy Halliday song ringing round ER of late and that’s not even during a The Rangers game. I’ve never really seen the point in that. :confused:

WeeRussell
08-05-2018, 11:16 AM

Pretty much where I am.

I might find it in me to applaud him after the game... if we've won and he's acting respectfully towards us :greengrin

allezsauzee
08-05-2018, 12:03 PM
I've never really understood why fans boo former players unless they leave on bad terms. Given that he was part of the team that won the Scottish Cup ,scored a fair few goals against the yams for us and made us a decent chunk of cash, I think he left on decent terms. The loan move to Rangers is a means to an end for him, he wants some game time and probably a move elsewhere next season. At least he's not one of those players happy to just sit on the bench and take his wages for nothing. I obviously can't cheer a Rangers player though!

SirDavidsNapper
08-05-2018, 12:54 PM
I find it embarrassing anyone would boo Cummings. Rangers represented his best chance of playing regularly and he took it. He has no ties to Hibs now, he's done his bit and what a bit it was. I hope he's an overwhelming failure there for obvious reasons but i hope he goes back to Nottingham Forest and does exceptionally well. He was a great servant for Hibs, scored a lot of important goals and helped us win the Scottish Cup. I couldn't boo a club legend, the guys a hero to me like every other man who wore the green and white on 21/5/16.

hibbysam
08-05-2018, 01:05 PM
Maybe when we’re 3-0 up would a ‘one Jason Cummings’ chant be used as per winding those scrotes up, I won’t be applauding him a minute before then though.

Nevi_SOL
08-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Wind him up. Yes he played his part in the last couple of s sons but he’s no better than we have now

Hibrandenburg
08-05-2018, 11:10 PM
He's a Hibs legend and if he manages to score a couple of goals I'll loudly applaud him and buy him a few pints afterwards as a mark of appreciation for his role in our finest day. The fact that he's now playing for another club won't curb my enthusiasm to remind him of his legend status and I'll still love him no matter how many goals he bangs in against us. I'm thinking of getting a half and half scarf to commemorate the occasion.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2018, 08:08 AM
With Morelos out, and Cummings playing like a man with sand in his boots, is there any other option they have to play up front?

As from what i've seen of Cummings, i'd not be starting him as a lone front man, as he cant play up front on his own.

Diclonius
09-05-2018, 08:34 AM
With Morelos out, and Cummings playing like a man with sand in his boots, is there any other option they have to play up front?

As from what i've seen of Cummings, i'd not be starting him as a lone front man, as he cant play up front on his own.

Just think of all the open goals he now won't miss. :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Just think of all the open goals he now won't miss. :bitchy:

He didn't seem to miss much against us, he's scored a few against Hibs, in fact we are probably the team he's scored against most. I'm quite happy he's out, and hope Cummings is playing up top on his own.

RossScott1991
11-05-2018, 06:22 PM
A small bit from cummings interview today in his press conference about coming back to play us.

JC: ''I'm looking forward to it, will be a wee bit weird going back. i was there for 3/4 years playing at Easter Road, so going back is going to be a wee bit weird. But its something I'm looking forward to canny wait''

Reporter: ''what type of reception do you think you'll get?''

JC ''Im no sure to be fair, i think it will be a bit of a mixed bag, obviously they dinny really like rangers so I'm no gonna get cheered but obviously from my time there winning the scottish cup and getting them back in the league, i dinny think they will boo me, well no all of them anyway, honestly though am no sure am just going there to do my job for rangers''

Had to translate bit of this obviously so it was easier to read :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
11-05-2018, 06:32 PM
If anybody near me boos him they will get a right mouthful :grr:

If anybody near me cheers him they will get a right mouthful :grr:

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
11-05-2018, 06:36 PM
If anybody near me boos him they will get a right mouthful :grr:

If anybody near me cheers him they will get a right mouthful :grr:

:greengrin

And If he was to score?

The Green Goblin
11-05-2018, 09:40 PM
He's a Hibs legend and if he manages to score a couple of goals I'll loudly applaud him and buy him a few pints afterwards as a mark of appreciation for his role in our finest day. The fact that he's now playing for another club won't curb my enthusiasm to remind him of his legend status and I'll still love him no matter how many goals he bangs in against us. I'm thinking of getting a half and half scarf to commemorate the occasion.

I honestly can’t tell if you are being sarcastic or not. :greengrin

3pm
12-05-2018, 06:42 AM
https://twitter.com/ihibs/status/995174790100062213?s=21

RossScott1991
12-05-2018, 08:38 AM
Think silence is best way for reception. He’s came out openly said he has a respect for hibs and would only celebrate if he were to get stick and bad reception. Think that’s fair enough tbh

gazathehibby
12-05-2018, 10:31 AM
Jason will always be a legend in every Hibs supporters eyes, but he no longer wears the green jersey.

wookie70
12-05-2018, 10:50 AM
Think silence is best way for reception. He’s came out openly said he has a respect for hibs and would only celebrate if he were to get stick and bad reception. Think that’s fair enough tbh

I agree with that. If he is saying he will treat us with respect then we should do the same. You only have to look at Kenny Miller to see how it can go the other way. A dignified silence seems to be the way forward for Cummings.

NAE NOOKIE
12-05-2018, 11:20 AM
And If he was to score?

My reaction would depend on his reaction. Do a Kenny Miller and I will probably be searching my pockets for loose change :greengrin But I have a feeling Jason is one of those players who has a wee think pre match about how he is going to celebrate if he scores and in this instance he would keep it muted if he was to hit the net.

Cameron1875
12-05-2018, 11:56 AM
Scored some vital goals for us and his daftness was good for the squad especially in a long championship winning season. The boy is just a complete idiot so not worth booing imo.

Hopefully Daz and Hanlon know him inside out and stop him scoring.

ancient hibee
12-05-2018, 01:28 PM
Disappointed that he has realised he is not going to make it down south,although that was always likely,and has settled for Ibrox.

CathroMustStay
12-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Eff "Cumdog"

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article12519474.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS151401624.jpg

Deserves no respect on Sunday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2018, 04:14 PM
I hope he gets a decent reception, will be a 'mare if he scores though.

bigwheel
12-05-2018, 04:24 PM
Other than as a place that gave him a chance to have a pro career...I'm not sure I've heard Cummings talk highly about Hibs..certainly not since he has departed...he certainly never talked about us in the way he does Sevco..

Gave us a good return, but it was purely a job for him...despite the amazing cup win...don't sense he ever fell for us as a club..in the way others in that team did...

I'll give him no reception..one way or the other...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snooky
12-05-2018, 04:29 PM
Cumdog the chameleon. Changes his colours to suit his surroundings.

:giruy2:

:bye:

12-05-2018, 06:51 PM
In the Evening News now saying he'll only celebrate scoring if he is booed.

MrSmith
12-05-2018, 07:21 PM
Cummins saying he has spoken to John McGinn about moving to the Rangers. ****dog more like.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/12/jason-cummings-says-he-has-spoken-to-john-mcginn-about-rangers-m/

Skol
12-05-2018, 07:53 PM
The lads got a screw loose, but he was a very good player for us. I dont see why he should be given a hard time (a la Didier Agather), but then again neither should he be welcomed.

The Harp
12-05-2018, 08:06 PM
I've no intention of booing him (unless he does something to warrant it) but I won't be cheering him either.
He's chosen to join The rangers so as far as I'm concerned he's just another Hun playing for the bigots.

Stuart93
12-05-2018, 09:17 PM
Won't be clapping won't be booing...unless I'm enticed

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-05-2018, 09:20 PM
When the teams are announced before kick off, I'll offer a little clap towards a player that scored vital goals vs Hearts and rangers, goals in big games and for getting us promoted.

After that though he's the same as the rest of them. I won't boo though unless he does something to irritate me.

There'll no doubt be a few that boo because of who he plays for which imo is odd but such is life. The lad is a hibs legend

jacomo
12-05-2018, 09:20 PM

:agree:

But he’s yesterday’s news. We’ve moved on.

My_Wife_Camille
13-05-2018, 02:40 AM
Might be a bit strong but I’ll be gutted if any real ill feeling develops between Jason and the Hibs support. The guy is a 24ct Hibernian legend and it will be a pleasure to see him back at Easter Road

Squirrel 1875
13-05-2018, 03:50 AM
If he signed for Celtic (like Griffiths) there wouldn’t be anything like the I’ll feeling we are seeing the potential for. He’s never bad mouthed the club and has done nothing deserve boos. Booing him would give some amount of motivation for the lad.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2018, 07:49 AM
If he signed for Celtic (like Griffiths) there wouldn’t be anything like the I’ll feeling we are seeing the potential for. He’s never bad mouthed the club and has done nothing deserve boos. Booing him would give some amount of motivation for the lad.

Here here

HibeeMassive
13-05-2018, 08:01 AM

Agreed!

Have no bad feelings against him as a player, wont be booing him. Will always be grateful for his goals in league and cup which have given us so many happy memories.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2018, 06:42 PM
Thought he got a good reception when he went off today. I sit in the East, but it didn’t look like he acknowledged the Hibs support.
Perhaps someone in the West will confirm

oneone73
Thought he got a good reception when he went off today. I sit in the East, but it didn’t look like he acknowledged the Hibs support.

He didn't.

marinello59

He applauded back.

oneone73
13-05-2018, 06:43 PM
He applauded back.

Didn't see that.

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 06:43 PM

He did a wee clap towards the west, not sure about the other stands

Hermit Crab
13-05-2018, 06:45 PM
Showed today that he is a poor footballer, especially up top on his own.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 06:47 PM
There is a player who chased the money rather than continue to knuckle down and learn a bit more and improve with a team who knew how he played.

He looks slow, has poor control and is a poorer player for leaving, albeit a lot richer.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2018, 06:47 PM

He didn't.

He did. He clapped for a couple of seconds towards the west stand as he approached the bench.

jeffers
13-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Showed today that he is a poor footballer, especially up top on his own.

Agreed, definitely not a lone striker. I'm really surprised the Huns are considering signing him permanently. Saying that alongside Kamberi I think he'd get goals (though I'd far rather keep McLaren.)

bigwheel
13-05-2018, 06:48 PM
He did a wee clap towards the west, not sure about the other stands

made a small effort..one clap I think.. ..more keen on embracing the Sevco hoardes.

Stranraer
13-05-2018, 06:49 PM

100% agree with this. He did a lot for us so I wasn't one of the fans booing him.

ancient hibee
13-05-2018, 06:50 PM
He's gone back along way and to be subbed by Windass must have been a blow.Saw him turning to applaud the Rangers fans didn't see him applauding us in the West and wouldn't expect him to.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 06:51 PM
he is obviously a good goalscorer(albeit in the lower league) but is not a good footballer, we have improved since he left and based on his performance today i wouldnt be rushing out to re sign him

3pm
13-05-2018, 06:54 PM
He's gone back along way and to be subbed by Windass must have been a blow.Saw him turning to applaud the Rangers fans didn't see him applauding us in the West and wouldn't expect him to.

He did.

marinello59
13-05-2018, 07:17 PM
made a small effort..one clap I think.. ..more keen on embracing the Sevco hoardes.

He didn’t take part in the Sevco goal celebration on front of our fans and seemed to be asking them to move away.
That was probably his last game for Sevco today as well. He won’t be asked back.

Springbank
13-05-2018, 07:20 PM
He didn’t take part in the Sevco goal celebration on front of our fans and seemed to be asking them to move away.
That was probably his last game for Sevco today as well. He won’t be asked back.

Yeah he clapped the West and had a décent réception from the Hibs fans.

He helped win us The Scottish Cup

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 07:21 PM
He will score a lot of goals in this league.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 07:22 PM

Who for?

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 07:24 PM
Who for?

I have no idea, hopefully not Hearts but that would not surprise me.

Diclonius
13-05-2018, 07:24 PM
Mixture of boos and applause throughout the game, but definitely acknowledged the reception from the fans when subbed off. That's more than can be asked of him especially given he plays for a team who's fans hate us.

I expected the usual winding up and attitude he's famous for, but good to see there is still mutual respect as he put it in his interview. Would like to see him back at ER next season.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 07:26 PM
I have no idea, hopefully not Hearts but that would not surprise me.

You were the one making a bold statement that he'd score lots of goals in this league, yet you dont even know who he will play for?

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 07:27 PM
You were the one making a bold statement that he'd score lots of goals in this league, yet you dont even know who he will play for?

And?

calumhibee1
13-05-2018, 07:29 PM
He applauded the west stand. Hold no grudge against the laddie, scored loads of goals for us in my favourite period as a Hibs fan. Had the cockiness that I have always said is missing in some of the youngsters we’ve brought through like Sam Stanton.

weecounty hibby
13-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Brutal, would struggle to get on our bench. Thanks for the memories but we would need better to improve. St Johnstone/ Dundee/ Motherwell player of the future

iwasthere1972
13-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Clapped him as he went off. Nothing more nothing less.

Allant1981
13-05-2018, 07:33 PM

has he not only scored 2 league goals since he signed for them

dp00
13-05-2018, 07:40 PM
Done nothing to note, thought he just got himself wound up after Scott Allan wouldn’t let him have a drink [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Day
13-05-2018, 07:42 PM

He did applaud on his way off

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 07:44 PM
has he not only scored 2 league goals since he signed for them

Not sure, Rangers go with 1 striker and that's nearly always Morelos. Cummings seems to struggle up top on his own and he hasn't done that well in the small amount of game time he's had; scored a hat-trick against Falkirk when him and Morelos were up front together though. No doubt for me he will score lots in this league if someone signs him and plays him to his strengths.

Baader
13-05-2018, 07:44 PM
Would be surprised if Stevie G makes him a permanent Hun.

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2018, 07:45 PM
Done nothing to note, thought he just got himself wound up after Scott Allan wouldn’t let him have a drink [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i did see him getting a drink from our guy but can't remember what part of the game :greengrin and dylan got a drink from their guy a few mins later

JohnM1875
13-05-2018, 07:45 PM
He did applaud on his way off

Don't think he was applauding us to be honest. Was applauding the travelling away support. But, then again I don't blame him. Cannot believe some folk were booing him after what he gave us.

Billy Whizz
13-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Sorry didn’t want to drag this thread up again, just couldn’t see from vantage point if he acknowledged us, great that he did

Jason will be part of endless Cup Final fans/players gathering’s in the future, so glad he didn’t let himself down, although as a professional he has to perform for the club he’s playing for!

marinello59
Would be surprised if Stevie G makes him a permanent Hun.

That sounds like the worst punishment ever to me. :greengrin

euro Hibby
Looks like he is short of a 1/2 yard of pace to get his shots off....

Ryan69
13-05-2018, 07:47 PM
Can't see them taking up the offer of buying him.
2 Premier Goals I believe.

That guy should of stayed another season.

Smartie
13-05-2018, 07:48 PM
Jason Cummings would get an excellent ovation in anything other than a Rangers or Hearts top.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 07:50 PM
And?

He might find it a tad difficult to score goals in Scotland without a team, although thats just a guess?

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 07:54 PM
He might find it a tad difficult to score goals in Scotland without a team, although thats just a guess?

I reckon that if he doesn't sign for a team he won't score any at all, that's a good guess mate. :top marks

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2018, 07:57 PM
I reckon that if he doesn't sign for a team he won't score any at all, that's a good guess mate. :top marks

Yip thats my conclusion too, but if he does sign for someone, i doubt he will score that many unless he goes to Parkhead, and theres as much chance of that happening as us keeping a clean sheet.

In fact we conceded 5 today, and he never looked like scoring before being subbed.

RossScott1991
13-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Had one fan behind me all game today calling him a Queer and saying he hopes he breaks his legs all game. Some people eh

Elephant Stone
13-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Had one fan behind me all game today calling him a Queer and saying he hopes he breaks his legs all game. Some people eh

Mental. Don't understand why he was booed but the other 10 Rangers players weren't. He was the last person representing that team who should have got abuse today.

Nakedmanoncrack
13-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Jason conducted himself well today, as did the Hibs fans.

The Green Goblin
13-05-2018, 08:45 PM

He didn't.

He applauded back.

Didn't see that.

I did. He looked up, saw quite a few folk clapping and gave a brief clap back.

weecounty hibby
13-05-2018, 08:56 PM
Must admit I lost it at one point where he chased Efe and had the ball cleared off the line. It was be kind of ball he wouldn't have chased in a green jersey. Average at best and would be a bench warmer for us. Best ignored!!

GreenNWhiteArmy
13-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Gave him a small clap as the teams were announced but that was it. Personally don't understand the booing of a hibs player that contributed significantly towards us winning the Scottish Cup.

Playing in a 2 up front I think he'd do alright up here. Crazy decision to leave when he did but he's got that arrogance and belief in himself.

Thankfully hearts have signed a few cracking strikers from the Likes of Cambridge and with Sammon returning he'd never get in ahead of them so he won't end up at hearts. If McLaren deal isny doable I'd consider a cheap offer to Forrest for JC

iwasthere1972
13-05-2018, 09:14 PM
He looked half the player he was when he last played for us. Can't see Gerrard wanting to keep him at The Rangers and he wouldn't be a target for us, Aberdeen or Celtic. Unless he does go to Hearts then he'll end up playing in Perth, Hamilton, Dundee or down south in League 1. He was fine in the Scottish Championship and I feel that will be his level.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2018, 09:32 PM
He'll do for me as a guy that I'd love to sit in the pub with, and a Hibs icon too.

snooky
13-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Must admit I lost it at one point where he chased Efe and had the ball cleared off the line. It was be kind of ball he wouldn't have chased in a green jersey. Average at best and would be a bench warmer for us. Best ignored!!
I said on another thread that I thought he could have (and should have) scored had he not taken an extra touch giving Efe time to cover the line. Intentional? Maybes aye, maybes no. :dunno:
I thought Cummings played with the same diluted zeal that Sparky does when Celtc play us.

Thecat23
13-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Another legend who’s moved on. Would I have him back?... No I don’t think he’s good enough compared to the standard we want to be at and I’d rather have MacLaren and Kamberi over him.

Loved Jason when he was here and it wouldn’t bother if he did sign for Hearts now. Even thought he won’t be as they are skint.

Sammy7nil
14-05-2018, 12:30 AM
Jason conducted himself well today, as did the Hibs fans.

He was a fanny trying to get a drink from the Hibs physio bag and so was Allan from stopping him. He then squirted Allan right in front of the ref - fanny imho.

Pete
14-05-2018, 12:35 AM
He was a fanny trying to get a drink from the Hibs physio bag and so was Allan from stopping him. He then squirted Allan right in front of the ref - fanny imho.

The boy is a hibs legend.

One water pistol fight and all is forgotten in the eyes of some. 😂

Forza Fred
14-05-2018, 01:15 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up at Hearts next season....can’t see Gerard wanting him

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2018, 06:14 AM

Oh come on Sammy, it was a bit of fun/banter. He's a daft boy, who i personally think will never really grow up, but it was just 2 mates having a laugh.

eastcoasthibby
14-05-2018, 06:17 AM
Jason who?

He gave Efe the runaround today ...and caused a few problems our players all know he only has one foot and constantly they got beaten by him ....

marinello59
14-05-2018, 06:21 AM
Oh come on Sammy, it was a bit of fun/banter. He's a daft boy, who i personally think will never really grow up, but it was just 2 mates having a laugh.

Exactly.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-05-2018, 09:00 AM

I wondered what that was about...it was a bit cocky from cummings

ancient hibee
14-05-2018, 11:38 AM
I thought it instructive yesterday.When he was at Hibs the only player he struck up a partnership with was Malonga and that was because Malonga is a very clever player.Maclaren and Kamberi who had never clapped eyes on each other look as if they’ve been playing together for years.This is where Cummings has to improve his game.

WeeRussell
14-05-2018, 11:48 AM
I didn't abuse or applaud Jason yesterday. The fact he was a Hibs hero wearing a Rangers top means I could forgive those who decided to do either.

I'd have him back quick enough though. I can only ever remembering him scoring with severe regularity when starting a run of games (which he hasn't had at them).

Good enough for us? No question.

As an aside, I'd really like to see Kamberi with us next season.. though not sure how likely this is.

Frazerbob
14-05-2018, 11:53 AM

I thought that was funny, from both players.

Peevemor
14-05-2018, 11:57 AM
I thought that was funny, from both players.

Me too.

Geo_1875
14-05-2018, 11:58 AM
I wondered what that was about...it was a bit cocky from cummings

There are a few on here who would squirt if they got that close to Scotty.

BILLYHIBS
14-05-2018, 12:03 PM
Left us far too soon though think Lenny had him sussed by dropping him for poor chance to goals ratio in a lower league.

I'm Spartacus
14-05-2018, 12:18 PM
I personally miss having his personalty around the club, but give me Maclaren and Kamberi day of the week.