PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Tynie 2

MB62
07-05-2018, 08:47 AM
Watching our game against Aberdeen on Saturday, I thought the Dons were a very physical side who were certainly not shy in putting the boot in, really can't believe Shinnie never got booked for at the very least persistent fouling.
Then I watched bits of the game at Tynie yesterday and good God, the hearts players treated that game like a war. It was very obvious that they were under instruction to kick anything and everything that moved in a green a jersey, and if it didn't move, kick it anyway.

Our ref had had a bit of a mare on Saturday, don't think either team would be happy with his decisions, but they ref at Tynie was absolutely shocking and let hearts players with attempted murder at times.

Unfortunately, I expect no change in their approach against us in their cup final.

Jones28
07-05-2018, 08:58 AM
We will get kicked pillar to post. Make no mistake - if we can't match their physicality I fear for us. They will do all they can to remove the football from this game.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2018, 09:00 AM
I think the risk to our players' safety on Wednesday is extremely high. We really need to be on guard against the possibility that they'll be kicked all night.

Hopefully the officials will keep on top of this but there's a very high risk that we'll end up with at least one serious injury by full time.

One Day
07-05-2018, 09:05 AM
I think the risk to our players' safety on Wednesday is extremely high. We really need to be on guard against the possibility that they'll be kicked all night.

Hopefully the officials will keep on top of this but there's a very high risk that we'll end up with at least one serious injury by full time.

I fear this too, and see who the official is

stoneyburn hibs
07-05-2018, 09:11 AM
No doubt that they'll go in hard for the duration. Not worried though as we don't have a team of shrinking violets ourselves, bring it on.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2018, 09:11 AM

Whilst Hearts obviously like a tackle, I don’t think we need to be worrying about player safety and the like. We’ve played them four times this season and everybody has managed to escape with their life.

Our lads can all handle themselves and aren’t shy in giving it back when they need to. One thing for sure, they can kick us all they want but it certainly won’t intimidate us.

Sir David Gray
07-05-2018, 09:16 AM
Whilst Hearts obviously like a tackle, I don’t think we need to be worrying about player safety and the like. We’ve played them four times this season and everybody has managed to escape with their life.

Our lads can all handle themselves and aren’t shy in giving it back when they need to. One thing for sure, they can kick us all they want but it certainly won’t intimidate us.

This is their big chance to stop us getting 2nd place. Make no mistake, Levein won't think twice about sending them out to deliberately hurt our players.

The challenge from Naismith on Brown yesterday is just an example of what we can expect on Wednesday night.

MB62
07-05-2018, 09:39 AM
No doubt that they'll go in hard for the duration. Not worried though as we don't have a team of shrinking violets ourselves, bring it on.

I'm not worried about our guys handling themselves against the thugs of Gorgie, we have plenty who can well take care of themselves. What my fear is that it turns in to a kicking match, which will suit them down to the ground on their back green of a pitch.
Our best chance of a win is if a game of football breaks out, they will be trying their hardest to ensure that doesn't happen.

Sioux
07-05-2018, 09:45 AM
They ran about like headless chickens for half an hour and ran out of steam. Celtic strolled the rest of the game, even though the thugs still tried to boot lumps out of them.

Fight fire with fire, let them run out of stream again, and take them apart with proper fitba. 0-2.

07-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Hopefully the ref won't bottle it when it comes to giving them yellows/reds. Unfortunately, with them dragging us down to their level, one of our players could see red.

we are hibs
07-05-2018, 11:03 AM
It will only be a battle if we allow it to. We should stick to our normal game which already means we are strong physically but we shouldn't sacrifice getting the ball down and allow ourselves to be dragged down to their level of football which we tend to do at Tynie.

heretoday
07-05-2018, 11:09 AM
If they don't cut the grass we'll have to go route one which is not good.

Onion
07-05-2018, 11:43 AM
It's Hearts final game of the season, so expect 100% from every balloon in maroon, throwing themselves in to mortal danger and kicking everything that moves. They have the whole summer to recover.

Onion
07-05-2018, 11:46 AM
Hopefully the ref won't bottle it when it comes to giving them yellows/reds. Unfortunately, with them dragging us down to their level, one of our players could see red.

GFA will be licking their lips at the opportunity this presents to promote Sevco's Euro hopes, especially with straight reds missing the final game against the Huns.

wfortune
07-05-2018, 11:46 AM
If they don't cut the grass we'll have to go route one which is not good.Or we could practice passing at shin height..[emoji848]

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

renato
07-05-2018, 11:50 AM
Bartley, McGregor, Stevenson, Hanlon, Efe, Kamberi, SJM and most of the others can look after themselves. Hearts should worry more about any outbreak of football and our midfield taking a hold of the game, once they’ve realised (again) that they can’t physically intimidate us any more...

bringbackbenny
07-05-2018, 12:05 PM
Guaranteed there will be a double figure fouls for them, all niggly with the odd leg breaker thrown in.

And then SJM will get booked for his first challenge 😞

Pagan Hibernia
07-05-2018, 12:05 PM
If Hibs turn up and actually try to play rather than kicking us off the park this time, then they'll win, they're a good bit better than us this season.

found this nugget on kickback. Some of them actually believe we’re the ones doing the fouling. At least he got the last bit right which makes a change

B.H.F.C
07-05-2018, 01:40 PM
This is their big chance to stop us getting 2nd place. Make no mistake, Levein won't think twice about sending them out to deliberately hurt our players.

The challenge from Naismith on Brown yesterday is just an example of what we can expect on Wednesday night.

My point is that we can’t worry about it going in to the game. The likes of McGinn, takes a lot of kicks, but can give it out as well. If they kick us, kick them back. I just think we’ve been guilty of forgetting about the football side in the last couple of games at Tynecastle. We need to go and play this time. If we do, we will win regardless of how many kicks they give us.

MB62
07-05-2018, 01:53 PM
My point is that we can’t worry about it going in to the game. The likes of McGinn, takes a lot of kicks, but can give it out as well. If they kick us, kick them back. I just think we’ve been guilty of forgetting about the football side in the last couple of games at Tynecastle. We need to go and play this time. If we do, we will win regardless of how many kicks they give us.

It's more protection from the officials that we need, if they boot us, fine, as long as the ref is taking appropriate action, which didn't happen on Sunday. Hearts players take turns in handing out the kickings, so it's not drawing attention to one particular player, they have been doing it for as long as I can remember.

JimboHibs
07-05-2018, 02:16 PM
We will get kicked pillar to post. Make no mistake - if we can't match their physicality I fear for us. They will do all they can to remove the football from this game.

Fear for us 'really FFS grow a set,who is gonna kick McGinn,McGregor,Kamberi,Hanlon,Stevenson pillar to post ? This current squad haven't been bullied by any team this season and there's no reason to be fearful it's gonna start on Wednesday.

greenlex
07-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Fear for us 'really FFS grow a set,who is gonna kick McGinn,McGregor,Kamberi,Hanlon,Stevenson pillar to post ? This current squad haven't been bullied by any team this season and there's no reason to be fearful it's gonna start on Wednesday.
I’m more than sure they can look after themselves but my worry is injuries and suspensions for the following Sunday. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if that was in the Hearts tactics to be honest.

Jones28
07-05-2018, 02:27 PM

I fear for us getting injuries going into what could be a crucial game against rangers ya balloon

Carheenlea
07-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Bartley, McGregor, Stevenson, Hanlon, Efe, Kamberi, SJM and most of the others can look after themselves. Hearts should worry more about any outbreak of football and our midfield taking a hold of the game, once they’ve realised (again) that they can’t physically intimidate us any more...

If it’s a physical battle they’re looking for then like you say we have the players who can handle it and hit them harder than they can to us. The danger is if it gets out of control, but hopefully we can stay disciplined and try to play them off the park rather than kick them off the park. A mixture of both though should still stand us in good stead.

euro Hibby
07-05-2018, 05:12 PM
As mentioned, they ran out of steam against a team who had been partying in Tenerife for 4 days . They have not got 90 minutes to keep that pace.

They leave holes at the back when they go forward. They struggles against Forrest and could not touch Rogic. Hopefully Kamberi and Mclaren have had

their off day and its back to getting goals again on Wednesday.

I think & hope 0-2 controlled football..fresh for the Huns on Sunday -3-1 or 3-2 if you like :-)

Fuzzywuzzy
07-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Mcginn is the player that they will target. They have all season.

Since90+2
07-05-2018, 05:18 PM
One of the reasons we have had a good season is our fitness levels are up there with the best in the league. Case in point would be the Celtic game when we basically ran them off the park and that's not something that happens very often.

We've also had an extra days rest compared to the hammer throwers.

If we turn up and play at 90 percent of what we are capable of we will win.

Seveno
07-05-2018, 05:29 PM
I am more worried about having a long injury list for the Rangers match.

Deansy
07-05-2018, 06:29 PM
If Hibs turn up and actually try to play rather than kicking us off the park this time, then they'll win, they're a good bit better than us this season.

found this nugget on kickback. Some of them actually believe we’re the ones doing the fouling. At least he got the last bit right which makes a change

What Jambos see on the pitch is something no other human-eye or camera can see - only the Jambo of the species have this special 'ability' !. Yes, love for your club, support, enthusiasm etc can affect anyone's opinion or viewpoint when it comes to the club you support but the Jambos are something else entirely - that's why on Wednesday-night while we're watching Hibs play Hearts, Jambos will actually be seeing an angry Hibs-team kicking lumps out of their team because Hearts are playing like a blend of Real Madrid/Barcelona and Hibs just can't handle it !

Jambos are unique, 'special' ......................

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 06:30 PM
I am more worried about having a long injury list for the Rangers match.

Same. Hearts will be on strict instructions to kick, stamp and elbow their way way through the 90 mins. Stopping Hibs getting 2nd will be seen as a successful season for Levien. Sad but true.

Keith_M
07-05-2018, 06:41 PM

Has he actually looked at the Fair Play table in the last few years?

Onion
07-05-2018, 07:09 PM
Same. Hearts will be on strict instructions to kick, stamp and elbow their way way through the 90 mins. Stopping Hibs getting 2nd will be seen as a successful season for Levien. Sad but true.

Stopping Hibs

Getting top 6 - fail
Beating Hearts - fail
Finishing above Hearts - fail
Getting into Europe - prob fail

No doing too good.

hibees 7062
07-05-2018, 07:37 PM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31957345_2114095381940298_6848874091378638848_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHQ_gMz9v-KfpW3AFYsTAjPTzmCMd6qhFBOYqN3oR-kmhC__aGi9W13x1axjU0axMYYDXrS46W2mjGer4VVtnU2dWiJH 7TfZuWPwUiFdWZrpQ&oh=8902f3ac704a6b7300cdab3c10a999c8&oe=5B5ACDBD

Mibbes Aye
07-05-2018, 07:59 PM
I think we will be okay. The Kilmarnock game was the first time I had seen Killie this season and I was taken aback by how big they were in comparison to us and not afraid to use their size. We stood our ground though, exemplified by Stevenson bossing Erwin, even though he was about half the weight and only came up to his shoulder.

HOMFC will be physical and niggly, it's the only way Levein wants them to play, but the frustration will set in for them if we keep our discipline. Players like Kamberi and McGinn are more than strong enough to see off anything they might throw at us. We are also lucky to have strength in depth - particularly in the midfield trio, where we have like-for-like replacements in all three positions, should their fouling necessitate a substitution.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2018, 08:00 PM
I think we will be okay. The Kilmarnock game was the first time I had seen Killie this season and I was taken aback by how big they were in comparison to us and not afraid to use their size. We stood our ground though, exemplified by Stevenson bossing Erwin, even though he was about half the weight and only came up to his shoulder.

HOMFC will be physical and niggly, it's the only way Levein wants them to play, but the frustration will set in for them if we keep our discipline. Players like Kamberi and McGinn are more than strong enough to see off anything they might throw at us. We are also lucky to have strength in depth - particularly in the midfield trio, where we have like-for-like replacements in all three positions, should their fouling necessitate a substitution.

Don’t think Hearts can be any bigger or more physical than Aberdeen were at the weekend, and we handled that pretty well

Smartie
07-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Whatever they do I think we've got an answer for it.

Long grass, can't play passing football - fine, we'll either hit it long to Kamberi or knock balls over the top for Boyle to run into when it holds up in the grass.

Kicking match? We've got players with the physical edge to win that hands down.

Actually playing football? We'd pump them.

B.H.F.C
07-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Don’t think Hearts can be any bigger or more physical than Aberdeen were at the weekend, and we handled that pretty well

Keep saying it. They can be as big and physical as they want but they won’t bully us. Players like Allan will get kicked but just get up and get on with it.

Our only worry about Wednesday should be whether we turn up or not. Because if we do, we win.

Austinho
07-05-2018, 09:16 PM
Deliberately injuring opponents, not cutting or watering the pitch, playing mind games by lying about their injury list. Big team tactics indeed.

Expect plenty more underhanded rubbish from them on Wednesday. The Wimbledon of Scotland. Thank god we have a team who won’t take any **** from them.

GreenCastle
08-05-2018, 07:20 AM
Adao - if you want free money - bet on him to get booked.

He was after Scott Allan the whole of the last game and when we scored at Easter Road Allan wound him up walking past him after.

This Hibs team don’t get bullied - I’ve actually been so impressed the last 2 games the way we have stood up to teams who have kicked us.

Lennon was never bullied and his teams don’t get bullied either.

It will be frantic but like most derbies in recent times if we stick to what we are good at we will score.

We are the better team - league table shows that but as said numerous times it’s a different sport at the Tiny Library- it’s more like watching a game of Sunday league at the Gyle at times the way Potter has them playing.

hibsbollah
08-05-2018, 07:28 AM
Adao - if you want free money - bet on him to get booked.

He was after Scott Allan the whole of the last game and when we scored at Easter Road Allan wound him up walking past him after.

This Hibs team don’t get bullied - I’ve actually been so impressed the last 2 games the way we have stood up to teams who have kicked us.

Lennon was never bullied and his teams don’t get bullied either.

It will be frantic but like most derbies in recent times if we stick to what we are good at we will score.

We are the better team - league table shows that but as said numerous times it’s a different sport at the Tiny Library- it’s more like watching a game of Sunday league at the Gyle at times the way Potter has them playing.

Adao had a nasty kick at Forrest off the ball, even before he got booked for a cynical foul not long after. As has been said though, they do it in rotation. Callaghan, Smith, the young 'handsome young man' Zico Cochrane.

GreenLake
08-05-2018, 07:00 PM
I just had an email from a guy with the surname 'Yam' offering me to participate in a new investment fund.

Must be a wind up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jacomo
09-05-2018, 07:03 AM
I just had an email from a guy with the surname 'Yam' offering me to participate in a new investment fund.

Must be a wind up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is it an exciting new development offering ‘world class’ conference and exhibition facilities in west Edinburgh?

renato
09-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Is it an exciting new development offering ‘world class’ conference and exhibition facilities in west Edinburgh?

It is. Join up now and receive a resplendent maroon cash cow to stick your hard earned into, as well as an exclusive “Lego” bus. Other benefits include regular, patronising statements and a season’s worth of industrial football to keep you entertained.

I’m in.

SirDavidsNapper
09-05-2018, 08:04 AM
I'd play Barker and Boyle and play it long