Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Allan
McGeouch
McGinn
Kamberi
Maclaren

got to go for our strongest team and I'm afraid Bartley doesn't feature in our best midfield regardless of how well he usually does in derbies. Id bring him on later in the game if trying to see the game out.

Ozyhibby
06-05-2018, 07:17 PM
Agree 100%. Team picks itself if they are all fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Agree 100%. Team picks itself if they are all fit.

Whittaker will play

Zazu62
06-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Can’t see Whittaker dropping out

calumhibee1
06-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Would be tempted to drop Boyle for Bartley. Boyle is generally very quiet at Tynecastle because of how narrow the pitch is. Not his fault, but we would maybe get more out of having Marv in there and push Whittaker out wide.

bingo70
06-05-2018, 07:25 PM
It’s a difficult one, for good reasons though. On the face of it the main question is how to get Mcgeouch back in the side, assuming he’s fit, Whittaker would be the like for like replacement but he was excellent yesterday and I can’t see him being dropped. If we do go for the usual system then I think it could be Scott Allan that drops out for Dylan.

I have a feeling Lennon may throw a curve ball in there though, wouldn’t surprise mat all if we went with something like the following:-

Rocky

Efe
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Lewis

Mcgeouch
Whittaker
Mcginn

Boyle
Kamberi
Barker

Hearts full backs are terrible and are there to be got at IMO.

IGRIGI
06-05-2018, 07:26 PM
Marciano

Efe
Hanlon
McGregor

Boyle
Mcginn
Bartley
Allan
Stevenson

Kamberi
MaClaren

Have added Bartley as he is always a 10 in these games and we need someone in there who is willing and able to knock complete and utter **** out of whichever mutant gets wide.

Quite honestly we've been really piss poor in the 2nd half in recent times vs Hearts at Tynie so I'd keep Mcgeouch and Barker on the bench ready to get fired in after the break with Whittaker ready to replace Bartley.

we are hibs
06-05-2018, 07:29 PM
It’s a difficult one, for good reasons though. On the face of it the main question is how to get Mcgeouch back in the side, assuming he’s fit, Whittaker would be the like for like replacement but he was excellent yesterday and I can’t see him being dropped. If we do go for the usual system then I think it could be Scott Allan that drops out for Dylan.

I have a feeling Lennon may throw a curve ball in there though, wouldn’t surprise mat all if we went with something like the following:-

Rocky

Efe
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Lewis

Mcgeouch
Whittaker
Mcginn

Boyle
Kamberi
Barker

i was temped to put barker in but if I remember rightly he's came on the last 2 games at Tynie and been kicked to pieces? I don't want barker injured before Sunday cause I feel he could cause the Huns all sorts of problems like in December

Michael
06-05-2018, 07:33 PM
I'd play Bartley. Our wingers will get kicked off the park so we'll have to overwhelm them through the middle.

bingo70
06-05-2018, 07:34 PM
i was temped to put barker in but if I remember rightly he's came on the last 2 games at Tynie and been kicked to pieces? I don't want barker injured before Sunday cause I feel he could cause the Huns all sorts of problems like in December

Could add to his motivation as well though.

Might also lead to one of their players being sent off (stop laughing at the back)

allmodcons
06-05-2018, 07:48 PM

Rocky

Efe
Mcgregor
Hanlon
Lewis

Mcgeouch
Whittaker
Mcginn

Boyle
Kamberi
Barker

Would be amazed if we play a flat back 4.

Allant1981
06-05-2018, 07:51 PM
marciano
efe
mcgregor
hanlon
whittaker
stevenson
bartley
allan
mcginn
boyle
kamberi

Libby Hibby
06-05-2018, 07:52 PM

I think we have done the last couple of times we have been there

B.H.F.C
06-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Can’t see Whittaker dropping out

Nope, no chance. He’s a first pick for Lennon at the moment. And he was probably our best player yesterday.

Carheenlea
06-05-2018, 07:53 PM
What many would say is our best team on paper is not necessarily the best team to play Hearts at Tynecastle. Pretty sure there will be changes with factors like the state of the pitch, size of pitch and robust and spoiling tactics from the hosts will influence Neil Lennon’s team selection.

Gmack7
06-05-2018, 07:55 PM
although Mitchell was gash today he's there best attacker (even though he's a full back)I think Lennon will keep Boyle out wide to protect EFE a little

B.H.F.C
06-05-2018, 07:56 PM
What many would say is our best team on paper is not necessarily the best team to play Hearts at Tynecastle. Pretty sure there will be changes with factors like the state of the pitch, size of pitch and robust and spoiling tactics from the hosts will influence Neil Lennon’s team selection.

I don’t think the robust approach makes much difference to us. Boys like Allan, McGinn etc can all handle themselves.

The last couple of games at Tynecastle we’ve been sucked in to their type of game. Keep the football players in the team and get after them.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Nope, no chance. He’s a first pick for Lennon at the moment. And he was probably our best player yesterday.

Think Allan or McLaren will drop out in my opinion

southsider
06-05-2018, 08:00 PM

Would drop Jamie, play Flo and Brandon thru the middle. Play narrow & our midfield Can pick them out. Both have great pace & fan first touch. Hertz played quite well in the first half today and took turns of booting Scott B. Can see them doing the
Same to SJM but he is a strong lad & will handle it

Diclonius
06-05-2018, 08:00 PM
Same team as yesterday, possibly Bartley for Whittaker.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Think Allan or McLaren will drop out in my opinion

I think McLaren could. Boyle up front. McGeough in. Whittaker our to right wing back.

Smartie
06-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Bartley in for Whittaker, usual team otherwise.

It's easy to forget how useful Bartley can be, and this is his type of game.

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Bartley in for Whittaker, usual team otherwise.

It's easy to forget how useful Bartley can be, and this is his type of game.

We don’t need a back 4/5 and a defensive midfielder for this game
We’re going to Tynie to win

Tyler Durden
06-05-2018, 08:06 PM
I don’t think the robust approach makes much difference to us. Boys like Allan, McGinn etc can all handle themselves.

The last couple of games at Tynecastle we’ve been sucked in to their type of game. Keep the football players in the team and get after them.

I agree - we should stick with the 3-5-2 and play our normal game. Lennon has got his tactics wrong in the last few visits and going more narrow didn’t work at all.

Tell Boyle to hug the touchline and Scott Allan will be able to get us in behind. 2 forwards centrally makes a big difference in occupying Berra aswell.

crash
06-05-2018, 08:20 PM

Thought he was poor yesterday. I wasn't at the game but watched it on Alba.Reading this forum comments that Whittaker had a great game, I thought he looked lost in midfield. So I watched the full game again. Whittaker looked like a defender being asked to play in Midfield. Continuously gave away possession, was marking Shinnie, who got mom. Whittaker looked clumsy gave away silly fouls,witness the stupid free kick which McGinn hit the bar with. Shinnie took the ball off him far too easily at least 3 or 4 times. Thought he worked hard enough, but no way is he fit enough to start a derby.

Barney McGrew
06-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Have added Bartley as he is always a 10 in these games and we need someone in there who is willing and able to knock complete and utter **** out of whichever mutant gets wide

This.

Derbies were made for Marvin.

B.H.F.C
06-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Thought he was poor yesterday. I wasn't at the game but watched it on Alba.Reading this forum comments that Whittaker had a great game, I thought he looked lost in midfield. So I watched the full game again. Whittaker looked like a defender being asked to play in Midfield. Continuously gave away possession, was marking Shinnie, who got mom. Whittaker looked clumsy gave away silly fouls,witness the stupid free kick which McGinn hit the bar with. Shinnie took the ball off him far too easily at least 3 or 4 times. Thought he worked hard enough, but no way is he fit enough to start a derby.

Couldn’t have seen things any differently yesterday on his performance. Won a lot of tackles and gave us some composure. Brilliant pass to put McLaren in for the penalty.

As for the bit about fitness I don’t get it? He’s just played 3 games on the trot against Celtic, Killie and Aberdeen. Granted he looked as if he couldn’t run earlier in the season but since he came back from the injury that hasn’t looked to be an issue.

Libby Hibby
06-05-2018, 08:50 PM
Wednesday is going to a battle.

I’d play a similar side but I’d bring Bartley in for Boyle and put Whittaker on the right and I’d also play McGeouch for Allan.

Boyle, Barker and Allan to all come on when the battle is won.

snooky
06-05-2018, 08:53 PM
This.

Derbies were made for Marvin.

:agree: Hank the Tank

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 08:56 PM

The goalie Lewis got man of the match
Shinnie didn’t kick a ball, because Whittaker kept him in check
The dangers of watching on TV, verses being at the game

Smartie
06-05-2018, 10:37 PM
The goalie Lewis got man of the match
Shinnie didn’t kick a ball, because Whittaker kept him in check
The dangers of watching on TV, verses being at the game

Shinnie got motm on the tv.

It's funny to read this thread because I wasn't at the game, watched it back on Alba without knowing the score, and I've been a bit mystified by the glowing reports for Whittaker on here.

I thought he looked a bit cumbersome, off the pace and seemed to get caught in possession a lot thinking he had more time than he actually had.

At the games I've been at I think he's been brilliant recently.

Ozyhibby
07-05-2018, 07:38 AM

It's funny to read this thread because I wasn't at the game, watched it back on Alba without knowing the score, and I've been a bit mystified by the glowing reports for Whittaker on here.

I thought he looked a bit cumbersome, off the pace and seemed to get caught in possession a lot thinking he had more time than he actually had.

I think he has done decent filling in at CDM but if McGeogh is fit then he should play. Mcginn and Allan are also first picks.

danhibees1875
07-05-2018, 07:47 AM

That was my take on Whittaker too. I think he played the ball to McLaren for the pen which was a good ball but he gets caught on the ball a lot, and that happened against Killie too. Straight swap Mcgeouch for Whittaker and that's my team for Wednesday.

Zazu62
07-05-2018, 08:02 AM
So Whittaker is keeping McGeouch out of the team?

Heisenberg
07-05-2018, 08:05 AM
No chance Whittaker plays ahead of a fit and able McGeough. Slow, ponderous and cumbersome would sum up Whittaker the majority of the time when he’s got the ball at his feet.

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-05-2018, 08:20 AM
I’d question Marv’s match sharpness. Either the team that started against Celtc or Aberdeen for me.

WeAreHibs
07-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Marv 100%, purely as he's publicly stated that he "f***ing hates Hearts!"

JimBHibees
07-05-2018, 08:24 AM
So Whittaker is keeping McGeouch out of the team?

Don't know if he is but Dylan has been injured would be amazed if Dylan didn't come in on Wednesday.

Hibeewilly
07-05-2018, 08:26 AM
No chance Bartley will play imo.....Lenny has Whittaker ahead of him now and I agree with that. McGeouch is the man who makes Hibs tick for me but on this tight pitch he might be on the bench again. I would think he'll go with the same team as Saturday

Greenbeard
07-05-2018, 09:13 AM
No chance Bartley will play imo.....Lenny has Whittaker ahead of him now and I agree with that. McGeouch is the man who makes Hibs tick for me but on this tight pitch he might be on the bench again. I would think he'll go with the same team as Saturday
That's the way I read it - NL has Whittaker ahead of Bartley, even though mixed performances. Last two games he has won some decent balls but also been caught out to the same extent. Just think that going fwd he provides more than Barts eg goal v Killie, through ball for the penalty. Much as I like him and he is one for the trenches, Barts could not have done either. Wed is def not a game for folk who shirk a challenge so can't see Barker starting, but expect to see him get the last 20 running at tired defenders.

trev the hat
07-05-2018, 04:54 PM
Marciano

Hanlon
McGregor
Ambrose

Stevenson
McGinn
Bartley
McGeough
Boyle

Kamberi
McClaren

Gmack7
07-05-2018, 05:18 PM
surely if everyone is fit mgeouch. mcginn and Allan all play

Since90+2
07-05-2018, 05:21 PM
Marciano

Hanlon
McGregor
Ambrose

Stevenson
McGinn
Bartley
McGeough
Boyle

Kamberi
McClaren

I'd be shocked if Allan doesn't start. Midfield will be McGinn and Allan with one of either Dylan , Bartley or Whittaker.

Fergus52
07-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Marciano

Hanlon
McGregor
Ambrose

Stevenson
McGinn
Bartley
McGeough
Boyle

Kamberi
McClaren

I'd be tempted to go with this as well. Then we'd have allan and barker to bring on if we needed to get a goal.

Harsh on Allan to drop out when he's been playing so well, but I can't see him getting much space to play his natural game while getting kicked on their tiny, overgrown pitch. Hope I'll be proved wrong if he does start though!

Brightside
07-05-2018, 05:54 PM
Marciano
Efe
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson
Boyle
Allan
McGeouch
McGinn
Kamberi
Maclaren

got to go for our strongest team and I'm afraid Bartley doesn't feature in our best midfield regardless of how well he usually does in derbies. Id bring him on later in the game if trying to see the game out.

I think we go with our strongest team...and that 100% is our strongest team. They have nothing in midfield for us to think we need a Bartley or Whitts. Just play round them.

noz
07-05-2018, 07:55 PM
McGeoughs got to come back in (if fit), Whittakers done ok, but Dylans our player of the year and has been immense in some of the derbies.

wookie70
07-05-2018, 09:29 PM
I'd start with the same team as Saturday with the exception of bringing in Dylan for Allan. If we need to get a goal later on then we have Barker and Allan as real attacking threats. There isn't much space for Scotty to thread balls through a bairns sized pitch with 8 giant defenders playing in or around the box. Dylan is brilliant at linking the play and slowing it down to a tempo that suits our passing game. Big difference when he came on at Pittodrie.

heretoday
07-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Robocop
The Hulk
Bruce Lee
Jackie Chan
Tony Bellew
Terminator
Marvin Bartley
Marvin Hagler
Clint Eastwood
Batman
An enraged Polar Bear

Eyrie
07-05-2018, 09:50 PM
Robocop
The Hulk
Bruce Lee
Jackie Chan
Tony Bellew
Terminator
Marvin Bartley
Marvin Hagler
Clint Eastwood
Batman
An enraged Polar Bear

Why is Conrad Logan enraged?

Northernhibee
07-05-2018, 09:51 PM
Marciano

Efe
Daz
Paul

Boyler
Lewie

Whitts
Slivka
McGinn

MacLaren
Kamberi

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-05-2018, 09:53 PM
Are folk actually suggesting we put Scott Allan on the bench?[emoji38]

Smartie
07-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Why is Conrad Logan enraged?

Someone told him Oxley's contact lens is in fact fine, and it was all just a dream.

hibees 7062
07-05-2018, 11:03 PM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31964219_1159755047494976_8784761017285476352_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeG493RPwwZrZlTWvMTXZFT1z4MGE1ljn-_EcfY7WFDAGULB7-aeQ5EF16b36FqD-8Px2HjjuJWsIR9zRN2zuTB71NuyRL30WUFtQPfeL5V9bw&oh=4e32f8f4847d532cb01da332a5099adf&oe=5B8C4CD5