PDA

View Full Version : Mclarens team is playing (not on tv)

andybev1
06-05-2018, 02:00 PM
They are winning 2-0 sadly at the moment to a team well up the league from them

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/UgwvkoTK/#match-summary

The team nearest them are drawwingw 2-2

rivan team (furth) playig here in white http://top-eon.cf/ch15.html

BlackSheep
06-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Is this their last game of the season?

andybev1
06-05-2018, 02:07 PM

not sure tbh

The Sundance Kid
06-05-2018, 02:10 PM

Second last game of the season

kaimendhibs
06-05-2018, 02:10 PM
Who is losing 3 nil?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
06-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Last game next Sunday
. This from Union Berlin.v Heidenheim in Aprilhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180506/0fbb577e2b85d0ddf6cd6f427e0f42ef.jpg

lord bunberry
06-05-2018, 02:14 PM
As it stands they’re out of the relegation spots.

BlackSheep
06-05-2018, 02:20 PM
As it stands they’re out of the relegation spots.

Is it the bottom 2 or 3 that gets relegated?

Cos with the half time results, as it stands they are 3rd bottom......

The Sundance Kid
06-05-2018, 02:21 PM

Bottom 2 go straight down, 3rd bottom goes into a relegation play off

andybev1
06-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Who is losing 3 nil?

my mistake I was looking at furth who lost 3-0 last week.

lord bunberry
06-05-2018, 02:25 PM

When I made the post they were 4th bottom, but another team has scored just before half time.

hibbysam
06-05-2018, 02:40 PM
They play the side directly below them in last game. Basically a straight shoot out.

andybev1
06-05-2018, 02:45 PM
I am sure this is the furth game http://top-eon.cf/ch15.html with the shamrock type badge

team neartest them(furth) now drawing 2-2.

lord bunberry
06-05-2018, 02:52 PM
They’re back to being 4th bottom as it stands.

lord bunberry
06-05-2018, 02:55 PM
5th bottom now. The results are going for them so far.

The Sundance Kid
06-05-2018, 02:56 PM
2-0 Darmstadt

andybev1
06-05-2018, 02:56 PM
They play the side directly below them in last game. Basically a straight shoot out.

good to know

lord bunberry
06-05-2018, 03:01 PM
3-0 now

Billy Whizz
06-05-2018, 03:04 PM
They don’t want him anyway, means they’ll probably want him off the wage bill

Wilson
06-05-2018, 03:51 PM
They don’t want him anyway, means they’ll probably want him off the wage bill

Darmstadt are at home to fellow strugglers Erzgebirge next. A draw not good enough for either.

Greuther Fuerth play Heidenheim who are also not safe.

Braunschweig look to have a tough game too.

Could be an interesting last round of fixtures.

flash
06-05-2018, 07:19 PM
Wouldn't be particularly bothered if it turns out we can't get him.
Has done reasonably well but pretty confident we could get better.

Waxy
06-05-2018, 08:34 PM
He’s getting goals.That’ll do for me.

BILLYHIBS
06-05-2018, 08:37 PM
With any luck they might recall him for the play offs and if it goes to extra time and penalties that will definitely seal their fate.

Winston Ingram
06-05-2018, 08:59 PM

I don’t get what people see in him. He’s got a few tap-ins but offers absolutely nothing outside the box. He had 8 touches yesterday that includes the pen and kicking off the 2nd. He had a similar amount v Celtic as well.

Blaster
06-05-2018, 09:49 PM
I don’t get what people see in him. He’s got a few tap-ins but offers absolutely nothing outside the box. He had 8 touches yesterday that includes the pen and kicking off the 2nd. He had a similar amount v Celtic as well.

I agree. He’s done well for us but I’m yet to be convinced he’s the longer term answer.

NZ Green
07-05-2018, 04:33 AM
I think its his ability to find himself space in the box to score and his ability to put pressure on the defence, its more his off the ball game rather than on the ball. He doesn't really need to do much else if the team are feeding him and he can put it in the net. I think the next 2 games will show his worth anyway.

BILLYHIBS
07-05-2018, 05:51 AM
That is why you are sitting in the Stands and Neil Lennon is sitting in the dug out.

Jamie MacLarens ability to get into goal scoring positions time and time again is outstanding.

I am quite happy with his goals per game ratio so far since he joined us in January.

We still have two very important games to go and there is still a lot of football to be played.

We will have plenty of time to take stock of our options for improving all areas of the team during the close season.

GGTTH

Eyrie
07-05-2018, 10:43 AM
So all Maclaren does is score goals. And regularly.

Think on it.

(With apologies to Cris Carter).

andybev1
07-05-2018, 11:09 AM

Almost scored what could have been goal of the season against hearts after bringing it down with a deft touch and hiting it from outside the box https://youtu.be/NSEpAOAIqwA?t=1m

GoalsMcGinley
07-05-2018, 01:53 PM

Based on what exactly??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Centre Hawf
07-05-2018, 02:05 PM
I sit somewhere in the middle on Maclaren. I don't see the idea that he can only pop up and finish in the box is a criticism, thats why we need a Kamberi and a working midfield to create him the chances that he can quite obviously sniff out for himself. Some of the best and most successful teams had a poacher that went quiet for an hour before popping up at the important moments to bury a chance. My biggest concern for him is ruthlessness. The penalty at the weekend and the previous Aberdeen game that saw him miss about 4 amazing opportunities has me wondering a wee bit about how lethal he can be in big moments. But then again he has scored against both the old firm and hearts which is no small achievement.

If you offer me the chance to keep him on a free I'd definitely take it. But if he decides his future lies elsewhere or his club want a massive fee for him then I'm also not broken hearted if we choose to look somewhere else.

Borderhibbie76
07-05-2018, 03:11 PM
I sit somewhere in the middle on Maclaren. I don't see the idea that he can only pop up and finish in the box is a criticism, thats why we need a Kamberi and a working midfield to create him the chances that he can quite obviously sniff out for himself. Some of the best and most successful teams had a poacher that went quiet for an hour before popping up at the important moments to bury a chance. My biggest concern for him is ruthlessness. The penalty at the weekend and the previous Aberdeen game that saw him miss about 4 amazing opportunities has me wondering a wee bit about how lethal he can be in big moments. But then again he has scored against both the old firm and hearts which is no small achievement.

If you offer me the chance to keep him on a free I'd definitely take it. But if he decides his future lies elsewhere or his club want a massive fee for him then I'm also not broken hearted if we choose to look somewhere else.This is pretty much where I am with him too...more keen to see Kamberi signed on a perm tbh...he has extremely quiet games and ineffectual periods but he is also deffo a fox in the box. Not irreplaceable if we don't get him back tho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 03:29 PM
This is pretty much where I am with him too...more keen to see Kamberi signed on a perm tbh...he has extremely quiet games and ineffectual periods but he is also deffo a fox in the box. Not irreplaceable if we don't get him back tho

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I agree with you, but what I would say is he’s pretty good at what he does, and any potential replacement might not hit it off with Kamberi as well. He’s very similar to Cummings, but he has far more discipline to his game, and he’s far less of a maverick.

Centre Hawf
07-05-2018, 04:34 PM
I agree with you, but what I would say is he’s pretty good at what he does, and any potential replacement might not hit it off with Kamberi as well. He’s very similar to Cummings, but he has far more discipline to his game, and he’s far less of a maverick.

I agree with this. His partnership with Kamberi as well as Allan seems to spot his runs quite often too might not be easy to replicate should we attempt to find someone else.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 04:48 PM
I agree with this. His partnership with Kamberi as well as Allan seems to spot his runs quite often too might not be easy to replicate should we attempt to find someone else.
:agree: I think it will come down to how much his club are looking for. They’re looking good to stay up now, but I’m not sure if that’s good or bad for us.

Wilson
07-05-2018, 05:06 PM
:agree: I think it will come down to how much his club are looking for. They’re looking good to stay up now, but I’m not sure if that’s good or bad for us.

They're not looking that good for staying up. One of a few clubs that could yet find themselves relegated or in the play-off spot after the last round of fixtures.

Nervy last day.

I hope they stay up although I would like Maclaren to stay with us.

Winston Ingram
07-05-2018, 05:19 PM
That is why you are sitting in the Stands and Neil Lennon is sitting in the dug out.

Jamie MacLarens ability to get into goal scoring positions time and time again is outstanding.

I am quite happy with his goals per game ratio so far since he joined us in January.

We still have two very important games to go and there is still a lot of football to be played.

We will have plenty of time to take stock of our options for improving all areas of the team during the close season.

GGTTH

Maybe but the days of having a player just to poach died out at the end of the 90’s.

It’s a huge cost to have a player in the side like that. He’s averaging 1 in 2 which means you in one game in every 2 you’re effectively carrying a passenger.

I can’t think of a top team that has a player like that, not one. Players like Owen and Fowler’s careers were curtailed massively as teams binned formations that played that way.

SirDavidsNapper
07-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Maybe but the days of having a player just to poach died out at the end of the 90’s.

It’s a huge cost to have a player in the side like that. He’s averaging 1 in 2 which means you in one game in every 2 you’re effectively carrying a passenger.

I can’t think of a top team that has a player like that, not one. Players like Owen and Fowler’s careers were curtailed massively as teams binned formations that played that way.

Kris Boyd still ratteling them in. Great type to have in the squad when you need to mix it up

Winston Ingram
07-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Kris Boyd still ratteling them in. Great type to have in the squad when you need to mix it up

Kris Boyd is nothing like Maclaren, certainly not these days anyway. He’s finally learnt how to hold the ball up and have a decent presence.

The previous Boyd however was a perfect example. With a goal record like that, you’d think he’d have been playing for one of the worlds top teams.

His inability to do anything else meant he flopped everywhere else he played outside of Scotland.

It was also the reason he was constantly left out of Old Firm and European games.

lord bunberry
07-05-2018, 05:42 PM
They're not looking that good for staying up. One of a few clubs that could yet find themselves relegated or in the play-off spot after the last round of fixtures.

Nervy last day.

I hope they stay up although I would like Maclaren to stay with us.
They’re out of the relegation positions and have had two great wins in their last two games. They’re still not safe, but their position is a lot healthier than it was. They’re at home and in good form going into the last game. Like you I’d like him to stay, but I’m not sure whether his club staying up will help or hinder that.

flash
07-05-2018, 05:44 PM
Based on what exactly??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My opinion.

MrRobot
07-05-2018, 11:54 PM

His goal against hearts was some tap in like.

DTS
08-05-2018, 12:56 AM
Absolutely mind boggling that people are saying we shouldn’t keep Maclaren “because he does nothing out the box”. That’s not the case anyway but even it was the first half of the season we all were going off our heads because stokes and Murray were always standing wide and 15 yards from goal. We now have someone who even when he’s having a quiet game 9/10 is making excellent runs across the face of goal. Tap ins are only tap ins because you’ve got yourself there.

Forza Fred
08-05-2018, 01:55 AM
MacLaren has done ok since he arrived...it has suited him and Hibs to have him here.

Using a comedic analogy, to me, and I stress this is my opinion, he’s like the supporting ‘straight man’ to Kamberi.

I see Kamberi capable of holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game, more than I expect Jamie to do.

I would like him to stay to augment our attacking options, but should Kamberi move on I don’t see us structuring our attack based on Jamie being our ‘main’ striker.

I really do think it’s all academic anyway, as Jamie was reported to be on a good wage when he moved from Oz, and pretty sure that Darmstadt wouldn’t let him go for nowt, and that Jamie would not willingly significantly drop his wages to what we can afford.
I can see him remaining in Germany, or if an offer from a championship side comes in, moving there.

CMurdoch
12-05-2018, 10:44 PM
I think his parent club will want him off the wage bill.
The main problem could be getting McLaren to take a wage drop.
If Hibs are keen they will have to convince him and his agent that one step back financially could lead to bigger things in the future.

superfurryhibby
12-05-2018, 11:10 PM
MacLaren has done ok since he arrived...it has suited him and Hibs to have him here.

Using a comedic analogy, to me, and I stress this is my opinion, he’s like the supporting ‘straight man’ to Kamberi.

I see Kamberi capable of holding the ball up and bringing other players into the game, more than I expect Jamie to do.

I would like him to stay to augment our attacking options, but should Kamberi move on I don’t see us structuring our attack based on Jamie being our ‘main’ striker.

I really do think it’s all academic anyway, as Jamie was reported to be on a good wage when he moved from Oz, and pretty sure that Darmstadt wouldn’t let him go for nowt, and that Jamie would not willingly significantly drop his wages to what we can afford.
I can see him remaining in Germany, or if an offer from a championship side comes in, moving there.

No way will he get a championship club, unless you mean in Scotland? Want him to stay, wouldn’t be too bothered if he doesn’t though.

ozwoody
12-05-2018, 11:37 PM

I think People that are saying Jamie is just a poacher are doing him a disservice,I think he runs the line intelligently and opens space for Flo and its been a good partnership.If you were offered an international player for a full season that averaged a goal every two games,that would mean a return of 20-25 goals a season (including cup games) are you saying you wouldn’t take him?
With the work he does running the line and linking with Flo ,you can hardly say he’s been a passenger.
He average is better than Boyle and Barker combined,are they passengers too?

andybev1
14-05-2018, 11:09 AM
Well, for those that did not check, his team finished way up the league after winning again. I still think they might sell since they did not want him when the chips were down. What they hae done though is put a much better value on himm by putting him in the shop window. I hope we can afford him but we should not break the bank for him. I have had a sneaky feeling he may get an offer from the huns.

Billy Whizz
14-05-2018, 11:11 AM
Well, for those that did not check, his team finished way up the league after winning again. I still think they might sell since they did not want him when the chips were down. What they hae done though is put a much better value on himm by putting him in the shop window. I hope we can afford him but we should not break the bank for him. I have had a sneakty feeling he may get an offer from the huns.

His problem is they don’t play 2 up front. Jamie needs a striker alongside to be effective

andybev1
14-05-2018, 11:13 AM
His problem is they don’t play 2 up front. Jamie needs a striker alongside to be effective

Right enough.

GlesgaeHibby
14-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Finished the season with 8 goals in the Premiership, but more telling is his minutes per goal, which at 112 is the best record in the Premiership. Boyd finished at 137 minutes per goal, Griffiths 133, Edouard was closest at 118 minutes per goal.

His touch let him down a few times yesterday, but the way he comes alive in the box and the space he opens up by playing on the shoulder of the last defender added to his goals to minutes on the pitch ratio means he should be a top target this summer. Plays very well alongside Kamberi too.

Souter96Mac
14-05-2018, 11:24 AM
Finished the season with 8 goals in the Premiership, but more telling is his minutes per goal, which at 112 is the best record in the Premiership. Boyd finished at 137 minutes per goal, Griffiths 133, Edouard was closest at 118 minutes per goal.

His touch let him down a few times yesterday, but the way he comes alive in the box and the space he opens up by playing on the shoulder of the last defender added to his goals to minutes on the pitch ratio means he should be a top target this summer. Plays very well alongside Kamberi too.

That's an interesting stat. It seems the less time he has to think about it, the better he is. He's got that natural instinct as shown by his 3 goals yesterday, but when he's got time and space he can be wasteful, but he also links well with Flo and Allan. I'd take him back.

andybev1
14-05-2018, 11:32 AM
That's an interesting stat. It seems the less time he has to think about it, the better he is. He's got that natural instinct as shown by his 3 goals yesterday, but when he's got time and space he can be wasteful, but he also links well with Flo and Allan. I'd take him back.

I was thinking the same myself after that header he should have at least hit the target with against Hearts.

BlackSheep
14-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Article in the EEN stating he has been cut from the Socceroos squad in the first round of cuts.